The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Rants: Everyday Venting  (Read 171219 times)

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • BEHOLD THE POWER OF MY...Rubber sword?
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Folf (Hybrid Fox Wolf)
  • Coloring: Dark Blue, Light Blue
  • Weight: WHA!?!?
  • Build: Slim,fit.
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Still raiding open fridges and freezers.
Re: Rants: Everyday Venting
« Reply #5295 on: April 15, 2016, 06:31:06 PM »
I had 82 here yesterday. I was like am I still in north minnesota lol
Indiana 1 mile from the michigan state line   more north than that even XD
Uhh..Lord I didn't train to be a pilot. Tell me I don't have any more flying to do today.........................  Amen. ~ 'Dutch' Halo3 ODST.

We all go through peroids of darkness. In such times we can turn to the Lord, but it's good to have friends ~  Joshua Graham , Fallout New Vegas, Honest Hearts.

When people are lost they turn to the man who  acts like he knows the way out,  when the truth is he knows less than them. ~ John McMillan Original War

"Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself" -Unknown.

"I guess irony can be pretty ironic sometimes" ~William Shatter, Airplane II 

Credits: Alesssia pictures by JackThorn/Tomas13

Offline kalan

• The immortal half blood
  • Velvety Vole
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Awards
  • Species: Welf
  • Coloring: Blue and silver with a small light blue crescent scar under his left eyes from a magic attack
  • Height: 6' 2"
  • Weight: 189 lbs
  • Build: Tall and muscular with the strength and speed of an elf
  • Currently: Slowly coming back
« Reply #5296 on: April 15, 2016, 06:38:42 PM »
But indiana is south of minnesota
^Is my bust fren

Spoiler for Hidden:
That made me feel so good. Oh my gosh. Thank you man and same to you  [hugs tight]

I'm the same without Makias and Kalan!
both are loved and fun to be around

"Atleast your stomach will stop your tears from hitting the ground" ~Tim (138)

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #5297 on: April 15, 2016, 06:55:49 PM »
But indiana is south of minnesota
Not by much, if you consider the northern border to canada.
Uhh..Lord I didn't train to be a pilot. Tell me I don't have any more flying to do today.........................  Amen. ~ 'Dutch' Halo3 ODST.

We all go through peroids of darkness. In such times we can turn to the Lord, but it's good to have friends ~  Joshua Graham , Fallout New Vegas, Honest Hearts.

When people are lost they turn to the man who  acts like he knows the way out,  when the truth is he knows less than them. ~ John McMillan Original War

"Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself" -Unknown.

Offline La vaca

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • Baah
    • DeviantArt
    • Tumblr
    • Awards
  • Species: Ovis aries
  • Coloring: beige
  • Height: 5'6"
  • Weight: 130lbs.
  • Build: sturdy, slouched
  • Currently: ugh
« Reply #5298 on: April 15, 2016, 07:03:33 PM »
My friend's agender. When asked why he goes by masculine pronouns, he said that "it'd be easier for people to understand."

Ouch. Got me right in the gut. To be fair he probably wasn't even talking about me… but still I'm paranoid about power structures in my friend group. Ever since an accident a year ago I've never really trusted the guy fully. When he calls me cute, says "you'll get it eventually" and Pets my head like I'm a dog when I try so hard (and always, inevitably forget) to use the correct pronouns and forget the dead name. My passivity lets it all happen, yet I'm always on the look out for domineering behavior, for condescension, for any hint at disloyalty. Why? Why am I still around him? He genuinely makes me laugh, he makes me feel flattered, and I'm scared of what will happen if we part ways. Now I'm stuck in a limbo between my suspicious conspiracies and an unpredictable friend :/

Offline Cheza

• Förseningschef
  • Global Moderator
  • Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has donated to the forum. Top 10 Most Online This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Mostly harmless.
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Woof.
  • Coloring: Brown.
  • Height: 165 cm.
  • Weight: 50 kg.
  • Build: Average.
  • Currently: Gnawing on all the table legs!
« Reply #5299 on: April 15, 2016, 07:39:38 PM »
I'm being held against my will at my mom's place.
She's not going to let me go home until she and my sister can do a really degrading and invasive cleanup of my place.
Because apparently MY home and MY stuff is somehow simply some sort of extension of HER stuff, which means she's free to snoop around as much as she like.

The place is fine tho. I can manage it all on my own. AND I'm much better off alone over there than I am together with her here.
Especially now when she's got enough free-time to be drunk pretty much "all day every day" again.

"And what's stopping you from simply leaving on your own?", you migh ask.
The fact that this place is out in the middle of nowhere, trying to escape by public transportation is near-impossible due to pretty much all bus lines being cancelled and I don't have any local friends who could help me.

And if I can't get home soon, I won't be able to sort out the papers for this month, which will mean I won't be able to afford to pay the rent.

Offline Cecilia Peromi

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Squeak!
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Mouse
  • Coloring: Purple and white
  • Height: 5 foot 4
  • Weight: 170 lbs
  • Build: Slim
« Reply #5300 on: April 15, 2016, 08:48:52 PM »
Hello there Cheza! It's been awhile!
Oh woof

Offline Balareth

• Boisterous Bear
  • Felines are the only true anarchists
    • Awards
  • Species: Feline
  • Coloring: gray
« Reply #5301 on: April 16, 2016, 05:12:29 AM »
I want to get out of the Brony World once for all!

i have some comission on some forums and on Skype, people wanting their "Original Character" (A.K.A just a recolored overpowered pony with dark past. traumatic childhood and mate/married with a cannon character from the show) i looked for shelter here because i feel like a Furry more than a Brony, these comissions i have are a pain in my butt, and want to finish them out, i do want to open a store here with more dignity.

There's nothing wrong if you are a grown man liking little girl's stuff like MLP but i think i had enough from that world, i meet severe case of cloppers... i don't wanna go on detail but if you can see all those disgusting fetish works you like me would puke. I didn't get in to that thing on purpose, but is inevitable when you are a brony, you sooner or later fell in the deep waters of the fandom liking it or not. I feel sorry for those initiated, even if you are a Brony you know that if a potential fan begin to search about the fandom she/he will find clop works.

I feel dirty of calling myself a Brony, i dont wanna be a Brony anymore i am **censor** tired of the Brony Fandom!

well... not ALL of them but the so called Ponazis, people who are obsessed beyond sanity of MLP. Seriously i can't look in anything on Google images without seein a freaking pony version of it, and always a bad depict. I don't have anything aganist bronies, some of them are very good people and amazing friends... but come on! Dear Poonazi we all know you brony dude! No need to keep spiting your awful art to prove it! And i am not saying all Brony art is bad, but tell to the brony artist to draw something else? heh? to draw another animal who is not a pony or a griffon? spoiler: they can't for the obsessed people they just have to make a recolored pony base claiming is a Original Character.... seriously?? Furries, they DO make OC at least they make an effort to draw a fox, a dog, a cat, a dragon, even new pokemon species. THAT is a Original Character not a recolored horse always looking to the left.

i need to clarify this once again, i don't have anything with bronies but the ponazis, is like saying i don't have anything aganist islam but i hate ISIS. The people who are really obsessed with My Little Pony... i meet a few some years ago, one guy from aprox 30+ years old confessing me to walk on his knees and praying to Celestia, and they are calling us perverts? really? i quit the Brony Fandom for good and i seek shelter on the Furry Fandom because i felt more identified with my fur friends, i was received with nice and funny persons (not like those friends i had acting like retards claiming to be "random")

*pants slowly* i know some of you may hate me for that or i even get banned or receive a warning for some "hate comment" or such, so Mr. Moderator if you read the entire rant and reached this part i wanna say: I DONT HAVE  ANYTHING AGANIST THEM, don't confuse my rant with those people with a fictional hate for the fandom, i do dislike it yeah and i want to get out of that world and set my home here with my beloved Furry Compatriots.

I been in lots of brony pages
BronySquare
Brony Confession
RedLight Poniville
The MLP Forums
FimFiction (the one i truly hate after animal cruelty)
Equestria.TV
Equestria Daily
Waifu Central
My Little Waifu

i wonder why there's no furry pages as much  as brony pages? or if you know more than this awesome site and Furaffinity amd e621 please send me more! i wish to enter in the warm sweet waters of Furry fandom.

i have some pony comissions to do... if you think it right it must be like escape from a room with your hairs glued on a wall... Mr. Moderator, i sorry in advance if i broke some rules of this site, but this was my honest rant ever
  • Avatar by: Myself on Anime Studio Pro

Offline Balareth

• Boisterous Bear
  • Felines are the only true anarchists
    • Awards
  • Species: Feline
  • Coloring: gray
« Reply #5302 on: April 16, 2016, 05:26:02 AM »
hello Michen :3
yeah i been on Deviantart, that was my place where i developed my love for art, to see lovely fan works of everything, is another world there
  • Avatar by: Myself on Anime Studio Pro

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented This user has donated to the forum more than once.
    • Awards
« Reply #5303 on: April 16, 2016, 06:23:32 AM »
 To be honest, your criticisms of the MLP fandom also fit the furry fandom. Most fursonas are basically just recolored foxes, wolves, and western dragons with 2edgy4me backstories identical to the cliches of pony OCs. and a number of artists only bother with learning to draw canines, so any non-canid animals end up long-muzzled and digitigrade always in the same pose. And I don't need to get into the yiffy fetish flaunting. e_e

I'm not a brony, but I honestly see them no different than furries, aside from bronies being fans of a specific show rather than the entire concept of anthropomorphism. There will always be people in such fandoms to get their rocks off or let their creativity stagnate into cliches and refuse to improve their skills. I say it's best to look for people you get along best with rather than dwell on the morons within fandoms too much.

On topic: Completely trivial, but I really dislike when pop goes completely flat. :I
« Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 06:28:54 AM by Evnamishko »

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #5304 on: April 16, 2016, 06:48:53 AM »
I hate to say this but.... leave that to the debate topic ,please.

Guh can't find the right art when you need it.

Offline kalan

• The immortal half blood
  • Velvety Vole
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Awards
  • Species: Welf
  • Coloring: Blue and silver with a small light blue crescent scar under his left eyes from a magic attack
  • Height: 6' 2"
  • Weight: 189 lbs
  • Build: Tall and muscular with the strength and speed of an elf
  • Currently: Slowly coming back
« Reply #5305 on: April 16, 2016, 06:51:08 AM »
Oh great I got home from work and about 20 minutes later my stomach said nope everything you ate today is coming back up. And im supposed to work tomorrow
^Is my bust fren

Spoiler for Hidden:
That made me feel so good. Oh my gosh. Thank you man and same to you  [hugs tight]

I'm the same without Makias and Kalan!
both are loved and fun to be around

"Atleast your stomach will stop your tears from hitting the ground" ~Tim (138)

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented This user has donated to the forum more than once.
    • Awards
« Reply #5306 on: April 16, 2016, 08:55:04 AM »
Every youtube playlist music player code generator uses Javascript, and it pisses me off because that doesn't work in forum profiles. Apparently the only option is to list each video individually, but that's a pain in the ass and I want to keep adding music to it. I want to use the actual playlist I made on youtube. It shouldn't be so friggen hard.

EDIT: Zarc figured it out! :D!!!
« Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 09:38:32 AM by Evnamishko »

Offline Ibi Tanvaal

• Probably the least fierce spider you'll ever meet
  • Xceptional Xenops
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
  • Guess who's back?
    • Awards
  • Species: Silver Fox
  • Coloring: Grey, duh...
  • Height: 7'1"
  • Weight: 120 kg
  • Build: Toned
  • Currently: Well, I'm kinda better, but also kinda not?
« Reply #5307 on: April 16, 2016, 10:56:14 AM »
So, I've told 3 people I'm furry. They all gave positive reactions, which is good, but I'm worried some of my other friends might not be so positive.
My family isn't finding out because I trust them the least with secrets.
I've returned, though I don't suspect I'll be terribly active. Hey, do you want a cookie?

Offline Cheza

• Förseningschef
  • Global Moderator
  • Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has donated to the forum. Top 10 Most Online This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Mostly harmless.
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Woof.
  • Coloring: Brown.
  • Height: 165 cm.
  • Weight: 50 kg.
  • Build: Average.
  • Currently: Gnawing on all the table legs!
« Reply #5308 on: April 16, 2016, 01:50:32 PM »
Today doesn't seem to be any different from yesterday.
So I'm leaving.
I might not be able to make it back home on time, but at the very least I'm not going to stay here.

Offline BennyJackdaw

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Meep!
    • Awards
  • Species: Giant Rat
« Reply #5309 on: April 16, 2016, 02:35:26 PM »
People would think by now I'd have gotten over Cloud, Corrin and Bayonetta being included in Smash Brothers 4. To be honest... no, I haven't. I am every bit as ****ed off as I was when they were announced.

Spoiler for Hidden:
1: First off, THEY'RE ALL THE SAME GUY! They're each edgy, overly serious human characters with excruciatingly weak and unlikable personality, TWO of which wield swords and one is incredibly masagonistic.
2: Were Roy and Ryu not grand enough that we needed THREE MORE OVERLY SERIOUS HUMAN CHARACTERS TO ADD TO THE UMPTEEN WE ALREADY HAD, PLUS THOSE TWO!? I mean, god, seven DLC characters, and FIVE OF THEM ARE THE SAME ****ING TYPE OF CHARACTER!? K. Rool. Wolf. Banjo. Ridley. Inklings. Rayman. Ashley. Geno. Bomberman. NPC Villagers. etc. There are so many characters they could have added from games that deserve more love that actually would have DIVERSIFIED the roster instead of watering it down with a type of character that PLAGUES video games these days.
3: Fire Emblem is one of Nintendo's most overrated franchises. The gameplay is just so watered down, and it's characters and stories are horrible. So what if Corrin can turn into a dragon? He/she himself/herself is still human. Bayonetta is one of those typical sexist games with a smoking-hot protagonist in a world where basically everything except those oh-so glorious humans are evil. You could argue that a lot of demon characters are helper characters, but that doesn't mean they're not evil. Final Fantasy 7 itself isn't all that overrated (I think it actually deserves a lot of the praise it gets) but Cloud himself is EXCRUCIATINGLY overrated. I mean, in all seriousness, it's pretty hard to make edgy, overly serious human characters that ARE likable, but none of these three even come close.
4: Would three anthros or three whimsical humans piss me off less? Yes they would. I would be more than happy to get three more anthro characters. Three whimsical human characters... wouldn't exactly make me happy, but I would NOT be anywhere near as angry. Anthro characters are almost never playable in games anymore, and even a VILLAIN anthro playable would be welcome. Heck, whimsy in general is barely existent on the Playstation and XBox consoles. So yeah, three characters belonging to an underrepresented archetype would anger me less than three belonging to a PAINFULLY OVER-REPRESENTED archetype.
5: Nintendo is one of the last holdouts for color and likable characters, which makes their inclusion that more painful. They could have helped diversify the roster. They could have added three different types of characters. They could have done SO MUCH MORE THAN ADD THE THREE ****ING CHARACTERS THAT PEOPLE PLAY NINTENDO CONSOLES TO GET THE **** AWAY FROM!!! But instead, they pander to the lowest common denominator. Same thing happened with Pokken, instead of having a nice, diverse roster with decent bulky Pokemon to round out the stick figures, the roster is made ENTIRELY of fast Pokemon, almost all of which are stick-figure Pokemon. If this was any other company, I'd probably have gotten over it by not, but this is Nintendo: the LAST HOLDOUT for whimsical games that don't insult your intelligence by making everything dark, gritty and emotionless. **** YOU NINTENDO!

...And that is why I can't get over their inclusion. Believe me, I tried yesterday and the day before. I could not get over the fact they were included, and will likely resume never playing the game again. The only thing I have to look forward to in that game anymore is the Sheik nerf.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 02:38:06 PM by BennyBunnycorn »