Author Topic: Rants: Everyday Venting  (Read 175226 times)

Offline ★Amethyst★

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Maine Coon
  • Coloring: White with light purple hair/patches
  • Height: 5'6"
  • Weight: 120
  • Build: Average/slim
  • Currently: itching to do stuff
Re: Rants: Everyday Venting
« Reply #5325 on: April 17, 2016, 07:21:18 PM »
Oh my God, that is terrible but hilarious that people still think stuff like that.

Living in a very liberal state I tend to avoid those things, sorry you had to stumble upon it.
Those people ust want attention and they're either trolls or plain idiots--neither of which you have to take seriously and both are dangerous to try and argue with. It's essentially pointless to even bother talking sense into them.

Hah, I've stumbled across some sites like that... It's pretty terrible sometimes but they're minority opinions anyway; I guess it's better that they congregate in their own little areas and keep to their echo-chambers. Means less people have to deal with them.

I live in the south, but growing up in a big, varied city and with pretty liberal parents I haven't come across too much bad stuff/people in person yet, thankfully.

Offline 138

• ϟ ϟ
  • Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • You can't get no worse than dead
    • Awards
  • Species: Mustela Erminea
  • Coloring: White with a black tipped tail
  • Build: You can't cuddle a skeleton
« Reply #5326 on: April 17, 2016, 08:32:12 PM »
I hear a lot of that sort of thing both sarcastically and not sarcastically. Though, I'm no liberal.

OT: I've experienced more wind than I wanted to this weekend and past week.

Offline ★Amethyst★

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Maine Coon
  • Coloring: White with light purple hair/patches
  • Height: 5'6"
  • Weight: 120
  • Build: Average/slim
  • Currently: itching to do stuff
« Reply #5327 on: April 17, 2016, 08:35:00 PM »
I hear a lot of that sort of thing both sarcastically and not sarcastically. Though, I'm no liberal.

OT: I've experienced more wind than I wanted to this weekend and past week.

Same thing but with hail. We got some that were almost golf ball sized earlier this week...

Offline Ibi Tanvaal

• Probably the least fierce spider you'll ever meet
  • Xceptional Xenops
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Guess who's back?
    • Awards
  • Species: Silver Fox
  • Coloring: Grey, duh...
  • Height: 7'1"
  • Weight: 120 kg
  • Build: Toned
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Well, I'm kinda better, but also kinda not?
« Reply #5328 on: April 17, 2016, 10:18:14 PM »
I just went on the single most disgusting place on the internet. It was really great. An eye opening experience for me, truly eye opening.

I saw people hating on Jews like it was still the 1930s and the internet was Germany, people saying race mixing is bad, saying they'd shoot transgender people or promoting doing such things, overuse of the N word by people who clearly are whiter than Siesta Beach.

I'm surprised I didn't see someone saying that the KKK did nothing wrong ever.

I'm sure some of it was irony but it can't all be and a lot of it came of as genuine hate.

Makes me miss my days as a silly misanthrope.

So... Facebook.
I've returned, though I don't suspect I'll be terribly active. Hey, do you want a cookie?

Offline kalan

• The immortal half blood
  • Velvety Vole
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Awards
  • Species: Welf
  • Coloring: Blue and silver with a small light blue crescent scar under his left eyes from a magic attack
  • Height: 6' 2"
  • Weight: 189 lbs
  • Build: Tall and muscular with the strength and speed of an elf
  • Currently: Slowly coming back
« Reply #5329 on: April 17, 2016, 10:30:54 PM »
Wow rants really get dragged out anymore
« Last Edit: April 17, 2016, 10:47:24 PM by Kalan »
^Is my bust fren

Spoiler for Hidden:
That made me feel so good. Oh my gosh. Thank you man and same to you  [hugs tight]

I'm the same without Makias and Kalan!
both are loved and fun to be around

"Atleast your stomach will stop your tears from hitting the ground" ~Tim (138)

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented This user has donated to the forum more than once.
    • Awards
« Reply #5330 on: April 18, 2016, 02:35:13 AM »
I want to talk with my grandma about something personal because, despite being a very devoted Catholic, she's perhaps the most open-minded out of my family, but I don't know exactly how she'd react to my specific trouble. She's perfectly fine with homosexual people, but my issue is a bit different than that and I don't know her stance on it.

Offline Nrein

• The Master of Speechcraft
  • Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
  • As the humans say, "The truth will out!"
    • Awards
  • Species: Dewott
  • Currently: Needing a Smoke, hardcore.
« Reply #5331 on: April 18, 2016, 02:46:36 AM »
I want to talk with my grandma about something personal because, despite being a very devoted Catholic, she's perhaps the most open-minded out of my family, but I don't know exactly how she'd react to my specific trouble. She's perfectly fine with homosexual people, but my issue is a bit different than that and I don't know her stance on it.

Meby start by treading the waters? Gauge her stance on it, get a feel for what her reaction might be, maybe even inform her about it if she doesn't know much regarding it. Then if all's good, go for it. If not, well, at that point only you can make that call really.

OT: I hate being made at this one specific person. But I wish I could be a lot more mad than I am at them. But then I wish I didn't have any reason to be mad at that. And that makes me more mad x.x;

Offline BennyJackdaw

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Meep!
    • Awards
  • Species: Giant Rat
« Reply #5332 on: April 18, 2016, 11:48:26 AM »
I feel bad about changing Benny's species in the book to a giant rat, and my mom doesn't like Rat Benny, and yet... I've already grown more attached to him that Almiraj Benny. I have a soft spot for bunnies... but I adore rats more. That, and I can never get Almiraj Benny's expression right.

People would think by now I'd have gotten over Cloud, Corrin and Bayonetta being included in Smash Brothers 4. To be honest... no, I haven't. I am every bit as ****ed off as I was when they were announced.

Spoiler for Hidden:
1: First off, THEY'RE ALL THE SAME GUY! They're each edgy, overly serious human characters with excruciatingly weak and unlikable personality, TWO of which wield swords and one is incredibly masagonistic.
2: Were Roy and Ryu not grand enough that we needed THREE MORE OVERLY SERIOUS HUMAN CHARACTERS TO ADD TO THE UMPTEEN WE ALREADY HAD, PLUS THOSE TWO!? I mean, god, seven DLC characters, and FIVE OF THEM ARE THE SAME ****ING TYPE OF CHARACTER!? K. Rool. Wolf. Banjo. Ridley. Inklings. Rayman. Ashley. Geno. Bomberman. NPC Villagers. etc. There are so many characters they could have added from games that deserve more love that actually would have DIVERSIFIED the roster instead of watering it down with a type of character that PLAGUES video games these days.
3: Fire Emblem is one of Nintendo's most overrated franchises. The gameplay is just so watered down, and it's characters and stories are horrible. So what if Corrin can turn into a dragon? He/she himself/herself is still human. Bayonetta is one of those typical sexist games with a smoking-hot protagonist in a world where basically everything except those oh-so glorious humans are evil. You could argue that a lot of demon characters are helper characters, but that doesn't mean they're not evil. Final Fantasy 7 itself isn't all that overrated (I think it actually deserves a lot of the praise it gets) but Cloud himself is EXCRUCIATINGLY overrated. I mean, in all seriousness, it's pretty hard to make edgy, overly serious human characters that ARE likable, but none of these three even come close.
4: Would three anthros or three whimsical humans piss me off less? Yes they would. I would be more than happy to get three more anthro characters. Three whimsical human characters... wouldn't exactly make me happy, but I would NOT be anywhere near as angry. Anthro characters are almost never playable in games anymore, and even a VILLAIN anthro playable would be welcome. Heck, whimsy in general is barely existent on the Playstation and XBox consoles. So yeah, three characters belonging to an underrepresented archetype would anger me less than three belonging to a PAINFULLY OVER-REPRESENTED archetype.
5: Nintendo is one of the last holdouts for color and likable characters, which makes their inclusion that more painful. They could have helped diversify the roster. They could have added three different types of characters. They could have done SO MUCH MORE THAN ADD THE THREE ****ING CHARACTERS THAT PEOPLE PLAY NINTENDO CONSOLES TO GET THE **** AWAY FROM!!! But instead, they pander to the lowest common denominator. Same thing happened with Pokken, instead of having a nice, diverse roster with decent bulky Pokemon to round out the stick figures, the roster is made ENTIRELY of fast Pokemon, almost all of which are stick-figure Pokemon. If this was any other company, I'd probably have gotten over it by not, but this is Nintendo: the LAST HOLDOUT for whimsical games that don't insult your intelligence by making everything dark, gritty and emotionless. **** YOU NINTENDO!

...And that is why I can't get over their inclusion. Believe me, I tried yesterday and the day before. I could not get over the fact they were included, and will likely resume never playing the game again. The only thing I have to look forward to in that game anymore is the Sheik nerf.

Keep in mind they included those characters based on a survey that was made, I think something like 60,000 people responded. Those responses indicated that those characters were the characters people wanted most, so really they were just giving what the public wants. Blame the public in this case if you feel you need to xD

OT: I am trying to study for this exam but there's no good resources available to study!

That only holds true for Bayonetta, and that's if Nintendo wasn't LYING about the survey just so they didn't have to add another anthro character to appeal to those "Oh so disgusting furries." Cloud and Unreleased Character had nothing to do with the survey. Those two characters didn't need to be in a game that was actually fairly diverse before they showed up. Those spots could have gone to keeping the roster diverse instead of ruining it.

I'm pretty sure Nintendo doesn't have a bias against furries, let alone, there are plenty of popular "anthro" characters that could have been in, but weren't, and you just have to deal with it. Not everything like that is anti-furry

And yet, we only got TWO new non-human characters in this game, one of which no one asked for, and another which people DID ask for, but not riding that stupid little clown car. So many anthro characters were asked for: NONE OF THEM were added. I'll believe "no furry bias" once I stop seeing anthro villains in games, and start seeing more anthro heroes.

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented This user has donated to the forum more than once.
    • Awards
« Reply #5333 on: April 18, 2016, 12:51:13 PM »

Meby start by treading the waters? Gauge her stance on it, get a feel for what her reaction might be, maybe even inform her about it if she doesn't know much regarding it. Then if all's good, go for it. If not, well, at that point only you can make that call really.

OT: I hate being made at this one specific person. But I wish I could be a lot more mad than I am at them. But then I wish I didn't have any reason to be mad at that. And that makes me more mad x.x;

Yeah, I suppose so, though I've decided not to talk about it with her. I've pretty much settled that I'm over thinking everything. I have more pressing issues to be concerned with to get my life back on track. I've been making things too hard on myself and been even more of a moron. It's time to make a proper change for the better.

Offline drakewithout

• that first forum cartoonist
  • Eager Elephant
  • finally settled on deer i think
    • weirdragons
    • Awards
  • Species: deer
  • Coloring: tan, white
  • Height: 145 cm
  • Weight: 45 kilos
  • Build: light, curvy, acts smaller than she is
  • Currently: feeling lonely
« Reply #5334 on: April 18, 2016, 03:35:17 PM »
i wish kindness was manditory in schools
Im the flufflysub.

weridragons https://weirdragons.wordpress.com/

Offline Farewell

• Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Poster Top 10 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
Rants: Everyday Venting
« Reply #5335 on: April 18, 2016, 04:07:21 PM »
My mom knows school has been terrible. Having anxiety and depression things haven't been going well (luckily getting therapy soon), along with family issues so I couldn't concentrate on school. She's going to talk to my dad about homeschool or charter school so I can catch up on credits... However for some reason he is against that shit. He feels that you go to a regular school with perfect grades and after go to a college. I'm really stressed out.
And again anxiety and depression is just getting worse and worse. I'm losing my self esteem, I feel like giving up.. But I know I won't. I just really need to keep my head high and tell myself it's going to get better.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 04:23:55 PM by Zaida »

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • BEHOLD THE POWER OF MY...Rubber sword?
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Folf (Hybrid Fox Wolf)
  • Coloring: Dark Blue, Light Blue
  • Weight: WHA!?!?
  • Build: Slim,fit.
  • Currently: Still raiding open fridges and freezers.
« Reply #5336 on: April 18, 2016, 07:58:51 PM »
i wish kindness was manditory in schools
don't we all.
Uhh..Lord I didn't train to be a pilot. Tell me I don't have any more flying to do today.........................  Amen. ~ 'Dutch' Halo3 ODST.

We all go through peroids of darkness. In such times we can turn to the Lord, but it's good to have friends ~  Joshua Graham , Fallout New Vegas, Honest Hearts.

When people are lost they turn to the man who  acts like he knows the way out,  when the truth is he knows less than them. ~ John McMillan Original War

"Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself" -Unknown.

"I guess irony can be pretty ironic sometimes" ~William Shatter, Airplane II 

Credits: Alesssia pictures by JackThorn/Tomas13

Offline Alistair

• Resident pink saber
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has donated to the forum more than once.
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Smilodon Populator
  • Coloring: Strawberry, cream, and black
  • Height: 7'2"
  • Weight: 350lb
  • Build: Stocky
  • Currently: Fortnite dancing into the inevitable future
« Reply #5337 on: April 18, 2016, 08:27:33 PM »
The constant and consistent back pain from day to day. It's irritating and I'm mostly just learning to ignore it since it doesn't seem it'll get any better.
Royal Saber floof mane the first

Sir Sabering the first

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • BEHOLD THE POWER OF MY...Rubber sword?
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Folf (Hybrid Fox Wolf)
  • Coloring: Dark Blue, Light Blue
  • Weight: WHA!?!?
  • Build: Slim,fit.
  • Currently: Still raiding open fridges and freezers.
« Reply #5338 on: April 18, 2016, 10:56:52 PM »
The constant and consistent back pain from day to day. It's irritating and I'm mostly just learning to ignore it since it doesn't seem it'll get any better.
maybe you should study Ergonomics.
Uhh..Lord I didn't train to be a pilot. Tell me I don't have any more flying to do today.........................  Amen. ~ 'Dutch' Halo3 ODST.

We all go through peroids of darkness. In such times we can turn to the Lord, but it's good to have friends ~  Joshua Graham , Fallout New Vegas, Honest Hearts.

When people are lost they turn to the man who  acts like he knows the way out,  when the truth is he knows less than them. ~ John McMillan Original War

"Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself" -Unknown.

"I guess irony can be pretty ironic sometimes" ~William Shatter, Airplane II 

Credits: Alesssia pictures by JackThorn/Tomas13

Offline Ibi Tanvaal

• Probably the least fierce spider you'll ever meet
  • Xceptional Xenops
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Guess who's back?
    • Awards
  • Species: Silver Fox
  • Coloring: Grey, duh...
  • Height: 7'1"
  • Weight: 120 kg
  • Build: Toned
  • Currently: Well, I'm kinda better, but also kinda not?
« Reply #5339 on: April 18, 2016, 10:57:55 PM »
I've discovered joints that don't cope so well when I do certain things.
My upper back has screwed up from when I'm on TFF and I'm in bed, my ankles and knees get wrecked at indoor soccer (which usually lasts about 40min, tonight will be 80).
My legs also have multiple calcified bruises, because I'm an idiot and didn't wear shin guards.
I've returned, though I don't suspect I'll be terribly active. Hey, do you want a cookie?