The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Rants: Everyday Venting  (Read 209186 times)

Offline Cheza

• Förseningschef
  • Global Moderator
  • Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has donated to the forum. Top 10 Most Online This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Mostly harmless.
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Woof.
  • Coloring: Brown.
  • Height: 165 cm.
  • Weight: 50 kg.
  • Build: Average.
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Gnawing on all the table legs!
Re: Rants: Everyday Venting
« Reply #5310 on: April 16, 2016, 02:39:02 PM »
All my stuff is packed but I'm too afraid to actually (try to) leave.

EDIT: She's asleep. Wish me luck.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 02:47:30 PM by Cheza »

Offline BennyJackdaw

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Meep!
    • Awards
  • Species: Giant Rat
« Reply #5311 on: April 16, 2016, 03:35:40 PM »
Good Luck Cheza. :)

Offline Ibi Tanvaal

• Probably the least fierce spider you'll ever meet
  • Xceptional Xenops
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Guess who's back?
    • Awards
  • Species: Silver Fox
  • Coloring: Grey, duh...
  • Height: 7'1"
  • Weight: 120 kg
  • Build: Toned
  • Currently: Well, I'm kinda better, but also kinda not?
« Reply #5312 on: April 16, 2016, 11:13:04 PM »
I'm in a similar situation but with less "Rent will be cancelled" and more "Dad forces me to go to church"
I've returned, though I don't suspect I'll be terribly active. Hey, do you want a cookie?

Offline Ibi Tanvaal

• Xceptional Xenops
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Guess who's back?
    • Awards
« Reply #5313 on: April 16, 2016, 11:43:47 PM »
Well, you could say that she shouldn't be snooping in your apartment :P
If she uses the "baseless allegation" argument then shoot it right back at her.
I've returned, though I don't suspect I'll be terribly active. Hey, do you want a cookie?

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • BEHOLD THE POWER OF MY...Rubber sword?
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Folf (Hybrid Fox Wolf)
  • Coloring: Dark Blue, Light Blue
  • Weight: WHA!?!?
  • Build: Slim,fit.
  • Currently: Still raiding open fridges and freezers.
« Reply #5314 on: April 16, 2016, 11:50:24 PM »
People would think by now I'd have gotten over Cloud, Corrin and Bayonetta being included in Smash Brothers 4. To be honest... no, I haven't. I am every bit as ****ed off as I was when they were announced.

Spoiler for Hidden:
1: First off, THEY'RE ALL THE SAME GUY! They're each edgy, overly serious human characters with excruciatingly weak and unlikable personality, TWO of which wield swords and one is incredibly masagonistic.
2: Were Roy and Ryu not grand enough that we needed THREE MORE OVERLY SERIOUS HUMAN CHARACTERS TO ADD TO THE UMPTEEN WE ALREADY HAD, PLUS THOSE TWO!? I mean, god, seven DLC characters, and FIVE OF THEM ARE THE SAME ****ING TYPE OF CHARACTER!? K. Rool. Wolf. Banjo. Ridley. Inklings. Rayman. Ashley. Geno. Bomberman. NPC Villagers. etc. There are so many characters they could have added from games that deserve more love that actually would have DIVERSIFIED the roster instead of watering it down with a type of character that PLAGUES video games these days.
3: Fire Emblem is one of Nintendo's most overrated franchises. The gameplay is just so watered down, and it's characters and stories are horrible. So what if Corrin can turn into a dragon? He/she himself/herself is still human. Bayonetta is one of those typical sexist games with a smoking-hot protagonist in a world where basically everything except those oh-so glorious humans are evil. You could argue that a lot of demon characters are helper characters, but that doesn't mean they're not evil. Final Fantasy 7 itself isn't all that overrated (I think it actually deserves a lot of the praise it gets) but Cloud himself is EXCRUCIATINGLY overrated. I mean, in all seriousness, it's pretty hard to make edgy, overly serious human characters that ARE likable, but none of these three even come close.
4: Would three anthros or three whimsical humans piss me off less? Yes they would. I would be more than happy to get three more anthro characters. Three whimsical human characters... wouldn't exactly make me happy, but I would NOT be anywhere near as angry. Anthro characters are almost never playable in games anymore, and even a VILLAIN anthro playable would be welcome. Heck, whimsy in general is barely existent on the Playstation and XBox consoles. So yeah, three characters belonging to an underrepresented archetype would anger me less than three belonging to a PAINFULLY OVER-REPRESENTED archetype.
5: Nintendo is one of the last holdouts for color and likable characters, which makes their inclusion that more painful. They could have helped diversify the roster. They could have added three different types of characters. They could have done SO MUCH MORE THAN ADD THE THREE ****ING CHARACTERS THAT PEOPLE PLAY NINTENDO CONSOLES TO GET THE **** AWAY FROM!!! But instead, they pander to the lowest common denominator. Same thing happened with Pokken, instead of having a nice, diverse roster with decent bulky Pokemon to round out the stick figures, the roster is made ENTIRELY of fast Pokemon, almost all of which are stick-figure Pokemon. If this was any other company, I'd probably have gotten over it by not, but this is Nintendo: the LAST HOLDOUT for whimsical games that don't insult your intelligence by making everything dark, gritty and emotionless. **** YOU NINTENDO!

...And that is why I can't get over their inclusion. Believe me, I tried yesterday and the day before. I could not get over the fact they were included, and will likely resume never playing the game again. The only thing I have to look forward to in that game anymore is the Sheik nerf.
what did they add krystal yet?
Uhh..Lord I didn't train to be a pilot. Tell me I don't have any more flying to do today.........................  Amen. ~ 'Dutch' Halo3 ODST.

We all go through peroids of darkness. In such times we can turn to the Lord, but it's good to have friends ~  Joshua Graham , Fallout New Vegas, Honest Hearts.

When people are lost they turn to the man who  acts like he knows the way out,  when the truth is he knows less than them. ~ John McMillan Original War

"Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself" -Unknown.

"I guess irony can be pretty ironic sometimes" ~William Shatter, Airplane II 

Credits: Alesssia pictures by JackThorn/Tomas13

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 10 Topic Starter
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
« Reply #5315 on: April 17, 2016, 04:34:31 AM »
People would think by now I'd have gotten over Cloud, Corrin and Bayonetta being included in Smash Brothers 4. To be honest... no, I haven't. I am every bit as ****ed off as I was when they were announced.

Spoiler for Hidden:
1: First off, THEY'RE ALL THE SAME GUY! They're each edgy, overly serious human characters with excruciatingly weak and unlikable personality, TWO of which wield swords and one is incredibly masagonistic.
2: Were Roy and Ryu not grand enough that we needed THREE MORE OVERLY SERIOUS HUMAN CHARACTERS TO ADD TO THE UMPTEEN WE ALREADY HAD, PLUS THOSE TWO!? I mean, god, seven DLC characters, and FIVE OF THEM ARE THE SAME ****ING TYPE OF CHARACTER!? K. Rool. Wolf. Banjo. Ridley. Inklings. Rayman. Ashley. Geno. Bomberman. NPC Villagers. etc. There are so many characters they could have added from games that deserve more love that actually would have DIVERSIFIED the roster instead of watering it down with a type of character that PLAGUES video games these days.
3: Fire Emblem is one of Nintendo's most overrated franchises. The gameplay is just so watered down, and it's characters and stories are horrible. So what if Corrin can turn into a dragon? He/she himself/herself is still human. Bayonetta is one of those typical sexist games with a smoking-hot protagonist in a world where basically everything except those oh-so glorious humans are evil. You could argue that a lot of demon characters are helper characters, but that doesn't mean they're not evil. Final Fantasy 7 itself isn't all that overrated (I think it actually deserves a lot of the praise it gets) but Cloud himself is EXCRUCIATINGLY overrated. I mean, in all seriousness, it's pretty hard to make edgy, overly serious human characters that ARE likable, but none of these three even come close.
4: Would three anthros or three whimsical humans piss me off less? Yes they would. I would be more than happy to get three more anthro characters. Three whimsical human characters... wouldn't exactly make me happy, but I would NOT be anywhere near as angry. Anthro characters are almost never playable in games anymore, and even a VILLAIN anthro playable would be welcome. Heck, whimsy in general is barely existent on the Playstation and XBox consoles. So yeah, three characters belonging to an underrepresented archetype would anger me less than three belonging to a PAINFULLY OVER-REPRESENTED archetype.
5: Nintendo is one of the last holdouts for color and likable characters, which makes their inclusion that more painful. They could have helped diversify the roster. They could have added three different types of characters. They could have done SO MUCH MORE THAN ADD THE THREE ****ING CHARACTERS THAT PEOPLE PLAY NINTENDO CONSOLES TO GET THE **** AWAY FROM!!! But instead, they pander to the lowest common denominator. Same thing happened with Pokken, instead of having a nice, diverse roster with decent bulky Pokemon to round out the stick figures, the roster is made ENTIRELY of fast Pokemon, almost all of which are stick-figure Pokemon. If this was any other company, I'd probably have gotten over it by not, but this is Nintendo: the LAST HOLDOUT for whimsical games that don't insult your intelligence by making everything dark, gritty and emotionless. **** YOU NINTENDO!

...And that is why I can't get over their inclusion. Believe me, I tried yesterday and the day before. I could not get over the fact they were included, and will likely resume never playing the game again. The only thing I have to look forward to in that game anymore is the Sheik nerf.

Keep in mind they included those characters based on a survey that was made, I think something like 60,000 people responded. Those responses indicated that those characters were the characters people wanted most, so really they were just giving what the public wants. Blame the public in this case if you feel you need to xD

OT: I am trying to study for this exam but there's no good resources available to study!
  • Signature art by: MrRazot
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";

Offline kalan

• The immortal half blood
  • Velvety Vole
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Awards
  • Species: Welf
  • Coloring: Blue and silver with a small light blue crescent scar under his left eyes from a magic attack
  • Height: 6' 2"
  • Weight: 189 lbs
  • Build: Tall and muscular with the strength and speed of an elf
  • Currently: Slowly coming back
« Reply #5316 on: April 17, 2016, 04:51:04 AM »
I'm currently very upset.
Can't stop thinking about something that happened. I get even angrier and more sad when people say it's MY fault.
They always say it's the victim's fault... the whole PD supports me but it's these nasty people who don't understand that not everything can be prevented. People have no idea how utterly destroying it is to say that to a person who's been assaulted, especially when they don't even know the situation.

I admit that there were more things I could have done to protect myself. But I did what I could in the very brief moments before I was violated. I was completely petrified, completely alone, and it was the most terrifying situation I've ever been in.

You can go to the grave or you can put them in the grave Its that simple. Theres no right and wrong here, theres live and die
^Is my bust fren

Spoiler for Hidden:
That made me feel so good. Oh my gosh. Thank you man and same to you  [hugs tight]

I'm the same without Makias and Kalan!
both are loved and fun to be around

"Atleast your stomach will stop your tears from hitting the ground" ~Tim (138)

Offline YourUnknownHost

• Dancing Dragon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • Species: Cat
  • Coloring: Grey
  • Build: Slightly Skinny
  • Currently: Im back ^w^
« Reply #5317 on: April 17, 2016, 05:46:37 AM »
**censor**(not so sure if this is suitable language tell me if its not) i just deleted my binding of isaac data! I spent over 400+ hours on that! *curls up in fetal position screaming*

Offline Ibi Tanvaal

• Xceptional Xenops
  • Guess who's back?
    • Awards
« Reply #5318 on: April 17, 2016, 06:36:00 AM »
That's partly why I play games with less story.
OR I just have account-based data (like lol or Diablo 3)

Offline YourUnknownHost

• Dancing Dragon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • Species: Cat
  • Coloring: Grey
  • Build: Slightly Skinny
  • Currently: Im back ^w^
« Reply #5319 on: April 17, 2016, 08:21:42 AM »
Well its a rouge like and the story is displayed through the environment(seed) that's randomly changing. But not much story the story's really simplistic.

Offline BennyJackdaw

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Meep!
    • Awards
  • Species: Giant Rat
« Reply #5320 on: April 17, 2016, 12:28:25 PM »
I feel bad about changing Benny's species in the book to a giant rat, and my mom doesn't like Rat Benny, and yet... I've already grown more attached to him that Almiraj Benny. I have a soft spot for bunnies... but I adore rats more. That, and I can never get Almiraj Benny's expression right.

Spoiler for Hidden:

Keep in mind they included those characters based on a survey that was made, I think something like 60,000 people responded. Those responses indicated that those characters were the characters people wanted most, so really they were just giving what the public wants. Blame the public in this case if you feel you need to xD

OT: I am trying to study for this exam but there's no good resources available to study!

That only holds true for Bayonetta, and that's if Nintendo wasn't LYING about the survey just so they didn't have to add another anthro character to appeal to those "Oh so disgusting furries." Cloud and Unreleased Character had nothing to do with the survey. Those two characters didn't need to be in a game that was actually fairly diverse before they showed up. Those spots could have gone to keeping the roster diverse instead of ruining it.

Offline Nrein

• The Master of Speechcraft
  • Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • As the humans say, "The truth will out!"
    • Awards
  • Species: Dewott
  • Currently: Needing a Smoke, hardcore.
« Reply #5321 on: April 17, 2016, 04:17:38 PM »
I feel bad about changing Benny's species in the book to a giant rat, and my mom doesn't like Rat Benny, and yet... I've already grown more attached to him that Almiraj Benny. I have a soft spot for bunnies... but I adore rats more. That, and I can never get Almiraj Benny's expression right.

Spoiler for Hidden:

That only holds true for Bayonetta, and that's if Nintendo wasn't LYING about the survey just so they didn't have to add another anthro character to appeal to those "Oh so disgusting furries." Cloud and Unreleased Character had nothing to do with the survey. Those two characters didn't need to be in a game that was actually fairly diverse before they showed up. Those spots could have gone to keeping the roster diverse instead of ruining it.

I'm pretty sure Nintendo doesn't have a bias against furries, let alone, there are plenty of popular "anthro" characters that could have been in, but weren't, and you just have to deal with it. Not everything like that is anti-furry >.>

OT: I can't stand this consistent state of boredom that I'm in whenever I'm home. It makes me wish that I could just stay at work all day half of the time.

Offline Alistair

• Resident pink saber
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Top 10 Topic Starter
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Smilodon Populator
  • Coloring: Strawberry, cream, and black
  • Height: 7'2"
  • Weight: 350lb
  • Build: Stocky
  • Currently: Fortnite dancing into the inevitable future
« Reply #5322 on: April 17, 2016, 04:25:30 PM »
Just kind of rolling through the motions of extreme stress, may need a meds adjustment next time I see my psych doctor. The constant panicking is unfavorable to say the least.
Royal Saber floof mane the first

Sir Sabering the first

Offline Grovygrunge

• Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter
  • I am just some guy. That's 'bout it
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: White and blue
  • Height: 5'10
  • Currently: Being current.
« Reply #5323 on: April 17, 2016, 06:22:38 PM »
I just went on the single most disgusting place on the internet. It was really great. An eye opening experience for me, truly eye opening.

I saw people hating on Jews like it was still the 1930s and the internet was Germany, people saying race mixing is bad, saying they'd shoot transgender people or promoting doing such things, overuse of the N word by people who clearly are whiter than Siesta Beach.

I'm surprised I didn't see someone saying that the KKK did nothing wrong ever.

I'm sure some of it was irony but it can't all be and a lot of it came of as genuine hate.

Makes me miss my days as a silly misanthrope.

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • BEHOLD THE POWER OF MY...Rubber sword?
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Folf (Hybrid Fox Wolf)
  • Coloring: Dark Blue, Light Blue
  • Weight: WHA!?!?
  • Build: Slim,fit.
  • Currently: Still raiding open fridges and freezers.
« Reply #5324 on: April 17, 2016, 07:11:46 PM »

Spoiler for Hidden:

I'm pretty sure Nintendo doesn't have a bias against furries, let alone, there are plenty of popular "anthro" characters that could have been in, but weren't, and you just have to deal with it. Not everything like that is anti-furry >.>

OT: I can't stand this consistent state of boredom that I'm in whenever I'm home. It makes me wish that I could just stay at work all day half of the time.
considering  Animal crossing,  Starfox, and Mario wearing the equivalent  of a Tanookie fur suit I have to agree ,but on another note I really wish they'd just add Krystal if they don't screw up her moveset she has the potential to be the First Starfox character in Smash bros that doesn't follow the 'fox clone' moveset.
Uhh..Lord I didn't train to be a pilot. Tell me I don't have any more flying to do today.........................  Amen. ~ 'Dutch' Halo3 ODST.

We all go through peroids of darkness. In such times we can turn to the Lord, but it's good to have friends ~  Joshua Graham , Fallout New Vegas, Honest Hearts.

When people are lost they turn to the man who  acts like he knows the way out,  when the truth is he knows less than them. ~ John McMillan Original War

"Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself" -Unknown.

"I guess irony can be pretty ironic sometimes" ~William Shatter, Airplane II 

Credits: Alesssia pictures by JackThorn/Tomas13