The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Old World Blues (CLOSED ATM)  (Read 12883 times)

Offline Blaiiine

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Psilocybear
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Grizzly Bear
  • Coloring: Dark brown overall
  • Height: 6' 0".
  • Weight: 172 lbs.
  • Build: Average build.
  • Currently: Keeping the Spirit of 2073 alive
Old World Blues (CLOSED ATM)
« on: April 26, 2017, 03:29:20 AM »
(( Figured I'd start it and people can jump in until it's closed. OOC Thread is HERE ))

Time: 2:36 P.M. / December 12th, 2137

** Hackney's Bar, Market District **

Blaine sat at the bar, leaning over a drink. The building was empty, usual for the daytime. He emptied his glass and paid his tab, exchanging poorly printed URA bills. Grabbing his rifle, he exited the bar and covered his eyes. The glare of the sun blinded him momentarily, until he regained his sight. Blaine pulled out a pack of cigarettes from his pocket, lighting one before setting off towards the largest structure in sight. The local URA headquarters, located in a long abandoned political building, was the site of the meeting. He had a while before reaching the building on foot so Blaine slowed down to a brisk pace.

« Last Edit: June 08, 2017, 10:17:14 AM by Blaiiine »
A   P S Y C H E D E L I C   B O I

Offline Skall

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
  • Spero Spera
    • Awards
  • Species: Cat
  • Coloring: Reddish fur, hair is a darker shade, bright blue eyes.
  • Height: 5'2"
  • Weight: 115 lbs.
  • Build: Petite, flexible, but surprisingly strong.
  • Currently: Fine. Really.
Re: Old World Blues (Still Open)
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2017, 08:57:24 PM »
》URA Headquarters, Outpatient Clinic《

Gail leaned back in her sturdy swivel chair, massaging the back of her neck. For the past hour she had been transcribing her notes on her most recent autopsy in between shifts. She had agreed to cover for another doctor in the clinic, having a window of time after her "appointment" in  the morgue and before she had to go upstairs for the meeting. It was about time she got going. She didn't like to be late.

The cat stood up, pulling on her coat before gathering her things. She signed out at the front desk before heading into the main building, towards the elevator.
We were never meant to walk over water. We were meant to immerse ourselves and recall how to move.

-- Margot Schlipp

Offline Blaiiine

• Melodious Mouse
  • Psilocybear
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2017, 02:23:18 AM »
** Outside URA Headquarters, Business District **

Finally reaching the HQ building, Blaine signed in with the front guard. They opened the perimeter gate and he made his way into the lobby. A female fox, dressed in a somewhat clean dress, informed him of where the meeting was being held. She pointed to the stairs and he groaned, realizing he was heading to the top floor. Going up the stairs, his gear loudly rattled and clanged.

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Battle Alert! Go shields up and weapons hot!
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Tiger
  • Coloring: Inverted fur pattern (black with white stripes)
  • Height: 6'7"
  • Weight: 250 lbs
  • Build: Muscular, but not overly so
  • Currently: Trying to find the drive to continue my original work.
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2017, 02:48:14 PM »
(Posted my character in the OOC thread. Read carefully, and Blaine knows the nature of certain referenced items in her profile.)

** Outside URA Headquarters, Business District **

Soon after Blaine arrived, so did another figure. She signed in with the guard, entering the premises, but never once addressed the female fox that Blaine had spoken to. Indeed, she never spoke a word to anyone, but silently followed Blaine. Even her footsteps on the stairs scarcely made a sound as blue eyes regarded Blaine from behind.
"The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural..." --Darth Sidious

"Being a soldier isn't just following orders - it's following those orders while in the service of a higher cause. When that cause is betrayed, we aren't soldiers anymore; just pieces on a chess board, dying for the wrong reasons." --Unknown

A Klingon wears their emotion on his or her sleeve - when they're happy, you'll hear it; sad, you'll see it; angry, you'll fear it.

Offline Blaiiine

• Melodious Mouse
  • Psilocybear
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2017, 06:00:27 PM »
** URA Headquarters, Business District **

Blaine felt some presence behind him as he climbed the stairs, choosing to ignore it for the moment. Once he reached the top floor, he stopped and finished his cigarette. Before putting it out, Blaine took one last drag and quickly blew the smoke behind him. "Didn't anyone ever teach you not to sneak up on people, Dragoness?" Blaine said, looking at the female figure.

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2017, 06:44:23 PM »

A faint click sounded from beneath the figure's cloak. She fixed her eyes on Blaine, which almost seemed to glow. However, most of her head and face was hidden beneath the shroud of her cloak and the breath mask she wore. "I can't help it if I'm that quiet," she told Blaine. "How do you know my call-sign?"
« Last Edit: April 27, 2017, 07:53:49 PM by Romulan_Furry »
"The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural..." --Darth Sidious

"Being a soldier isn't just following orders - it's following those orders while in the service of a higher cause. When that cause is betrayed, we aren't soldiers anymore; just pieces on a chess board, dying for the wrong reasons." --Unknown

A Klingon wears their emotion on his or her sleeve - when they're happy, you'll hear it; sad, you'll see it; angry, you'll fear it.

Offline Skall

• Avid Aardvark
  • Spero Spera
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2017, 07:25:04 PM »
》URA Headquarters, Business District《

Gail ascended the stairs, and finding two individuals already standing in the hallway after pushing her way through the last flight. One was smoking, and it made her fingers twitch, even after giving up the habit long ago herself.

She gave them both a brief nod in greeting, politely keeping quiet until they could finish their conversation, though she stood her ground. She wasn't the kind of woman who liked to fade into the background, despite her height difference.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2017, 07:27:09 PM by Skall »
We were never meant to walk over water. We were meant to immerse ourselves and recall how to move.

-- Margot Schlipp

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2017, 08:10:14 PM »
》URA Headquarters, Business District《

The female heard Gail approach, and her head turned to face her. Her cloak briefly fluttered, offering a short glimpse beneath - and in her arms was an assault rifle. The woman fixed her eyes on Gail, then returned her nod before looking back at Blaine.

Offline Blaiiine

• Melodious Mouse
  • Psilocybear
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2017, 08:26:52 PM »

Blaine nodded at Gail and looked back to the figure, before replying. "You're not exactly a mystery. The shrouded mercenary, wandering the wastes," He said, flicking his cigarette down the stairwell. "At least you're not hunting us. I'm Blaine, but just call me Bear." Blaine said, turning to face the two. His rifle swayed at his side, clanking against his leg holster.

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2017, 08:37:03 PM »
"My service record is not what's shrouded," the woman said. "My life before that... that is what is shrouded. That being said... name's Skye." Another click sounded beneath her cloak, before her stance relaxed fractionally and she continued, "The only ones who call me Dragoness are those I knew in the Service. So to you, it's Skye. Got it?" Her cloak fluttered more prominently this time as she shifted around on her feet, and it became apparent the rifle she held was a heavily-modded ACR - and that she had the safety off, it was set to full auto, and her stance indicated it was ready to be brought to bear given the slightest excuse.

While the reason for the sudden hostility was unclear, her stance screamed, "Make a move. It'll be your last."

Offline Skall

• Avid Aardvark
  • Spero Spera
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2017, 08:54:38 PM »
Gail watched the two through narrowed eyes. She was clearly not impressed or otherwise unaffected with the battle for dominance between them. They didn't have time for childish games.

"I assume we were all called here for a reason, to meet with the members of the URA." Her tone was neither soft or severe, but it was direct. Her voice had a lilting Irish tone, but it veiled instead of masked her words. "My name is Gail. Gail Felan."

-- Margot Schlipp

Offline Blaiiine

• Melodious Mouse
  • Psilocybear
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2017, 09:11:31 PM »
"Nice to meet you, Gail." Blaine replied, his tone changing to a more civil one. Not friendly, but civil. He turned back to Skye and his tone changed back to cold. "And that," He said, looking at the gun, "would not be wise. Unless you have a deathwish." Blaine quietly finished, staring Skye down. His expression remained calm and his eyes were focused. "Now, if we want to be friends, you can put that gun down," He said, coolly. "Because honestly, I'd rather get this job done and keep going north."

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2017, 09:24:32 PM »
Skye remained ready to raise the rifle, but eventually, a thumb reluctantly flicked the safety on, and she started for the next room, stopping right next to Blaine. "I didn't come here to make friends. Few are capable of being such. You cannot comprehend my reasons for what I do, so don't even try; very few know my motives." She again flicked the safety off and pressed the barrel of her rifle between Blaine's legs. "Mention my deathwish again, and you'll come to understand why so many fear me. You will never understand why I have one," she hissed. She flicked the safety on again, pausing briefly to look at the top of her left hand before striding into the room.

Offline Blaiiine

• Melodious Mouse
  • Psilocybear
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2017, 09:39:08 PM »
Blaine looked to Gail and said, "Well, she seems nice." He then turned and walked to the meeting room, finding a seat and setting his rifle down. The room was moderately empty apart from two URA brass and a few marines, who Blaine waved to. He previously served as one before he became a mercenary. Waiting on the rest of the group, he lit another cigarette.

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2017, 09:59:44 PM »
Skye was already seated, sitting up and still as a statue. Her ACR was leaned against the table; her other rifle was slung across her back. She made no sound, other than her soft breathing as her chest expanded and contracted as she did so. Her head never moved, and her hood remained up.