The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Old World Blues (OOC Thread) ((Closed))  (Read 4059 times)

Offline Blaiiine

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Psilocybear
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Grizzly Bear
  • Coloring: Dark brown overall
  • Height: 6' 0".
  • Weight: 172 lbs.
  • Build: Average build.
  • Currently: Keeping the Spirit of 2073 alive
Old World Blues (OOC Thread) ((Closed))
« on: March 17, 2017, 05:13:51 AM »
((Thought I'd start an OOC for anyone interested))

Denver, Colorado, Post-war United States

120 years after the Day The Bombs Fell, society has begun to rebuild from the radioactive ruins of America. Governments have began to spring up, some banding today together to create the United Remnants of America (URA) and have formed a military to enforce their law. Their power spreads from the Mideast to Nevada, but outside of those borders raiders roam free. A group of these raiders have formed together to create a raider nation in the west that has rivaled the URA. They dubbed themselves the Huns as their main goal is to raid and destroy the URA, ensuing years of war between the nations.

You were hired into a group, for one reason or another, by the URAs' military brass to find and recover weapons lost by time that could turn the tides of war. It is unknown what weaponry it is, just that it is located in Alabama far from URA control. The pay is good, the risk is high but the outcome is great. Occupations of the group can include ex-soldiers, ex-raiders, medics, scientists, mercenaries or even couriers.

Rules:
- No godmodding
- No futuristic weapons or armor, keep it 21st century
- Romance within the rules
- No excessive or overly graphic violence

Current characters:
- Blaine Everson (Former marine, Merc) ACTIVE
- Gail Felan (URA Doctor) INACTIVE
- Skya Drake (Former marine, Merc) ACTIVE
- Ray Blackburn (Ra'onni merc) ACTIVE
- Gypsie/Angel Sol (Unknown) ACTIVE
- Nari (Merc) ACTIVE
- Glycerine Nitro (Chemist, Scavver) ACTIVE
- Kai Sato (Former recon, Assassin) ACTIVE

((When writing character sheets, don't be afraid to go into detail or use pictures. It really helps with immersion (at least for me  ^_^ )))

Name: Blaine Everson
Species: Grizzly bear
Height: 6'0"
Build: Athletic
Appearance: Medium length hair, sides cropped. Trimmed beard.
Outfit: Black baseball tee, Hybrid chest rig w/ leg holster, woodland combat pants, combat boots, green kefiyeh scarf.
Weapons: HK416 Assault rifle w/ ACOG sight & foregrip, M92FS sidearm, Kabar combat knife.
Personality: Sarcastic, antisocial, gung ho, somewhat distant and closed off.
Hired Because: Learned of job after a bar fight with another mercenary, was hired by URA lieutenant in bar.

Bio: Blaine was born in a small village on URA territory that was built on his grandfathers' fallout shelter. His grandfather, who was a Marine before the war, taught Blaines' father how to be a soldier who went on to teach Blaine. He later, at 18, ran off and joined the URA military a few months before the war with the Huns. He served in two tours before retiring and becoming a hired gun. He now takes odd jobs and sits at a bar inside Denver.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2017, 08:50:17 AM by Blaiiine »
A   P S Y C H E D E L I C   B O I

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Battle Alert! Go shields up and weapons hot!
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Tiger
  • Coloring: Inverted fur pattern (black with white stripes)
  • Height: 6'7"
  • Weight: 250 lbs
  • Build: Muscular, but not overly so
  • Currently: Trying to find the drive to continue my original work.
Re: Old World Blues (OOC Thread)
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2017, 09:18:34 PM »
Mm... I'm considering this, but as for who I will play... difficult to say. Likely gonna have to be an all-new character. If I do join up, I'll post a detailed profile.

--Rom
"The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural..." --Darth Sidious

"Being a soldier isn't just following orders - it's following those orders while in the service of a higher cause. When that cause is betrayed, we aren't soldiers anymore; just pieces on a chess board, dying for the wrong reasons." --Unknown

A Klingon wears their emotion on his or her sleeve - when they're happy, you'll hear it; sad, you'll see it; angry, you'll fear it.

Offline Skall

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
  • Spero Spera
    • Awards
  • Species: Cat
  • Coloring: Reddish fur, hair is a darker shade, bright blue eyes.
  • Height: 5'2"
  • Weight: 115 lbs.
  • Build: Petite, flexible, but surprisingly strong.
  • Currently: Fine. Really.
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2017, 10:16:27 PM »

Name: Gail Felan
Species: Cat (DSH)
Height: 5'2"
Build: Petite but muscular.
Occupation: Medical doctor, specializing in forensic pathology, investigator within the URA.
Appearance: Shoulder-length dishwater-blond blond hair, striking blue eyes. White fur with flecks of silver.
Outfit: Comfortable black tee and slacks under a navy blue trench coat with a Caduceus on the shoulder.
Weapons: .40 SIG Sauer in a holster behind her back. 10 mm hollow-point rounds.
Personality: Honors integrity and her dignity above all else. She is extremely intelligent but not easily trusting. Can be meticulous but compassionate, but also secretive. She maintains an air of frigidity and emotional detachment.
Hired Because: Her medical knowledge and background in hard science.
Bio: Born into a Naval lineage, she was raised by parents who didn't coddle her but she deeply respected. The middle child between two brothers and an older sister, she worked especially hard to distinguish herself from her siblings and that followed her into her career. She rejected conventional medicine as an act of rebellion and instead went into forensics, where she could apply her skills on the dead to protect the living.
We were never meant to walk over water. We were meant to immerse ourselves and recall how to move.

-- Margot Schlipp

Offline Blaiiine

• Melodious Mouse
  • Psilocybear
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2017, 01:26:49 AM »
Didn't expect this thread to get picked up, awesome! We just need one or two more people to start, others could jump in later.

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
  • Chased by the fires of passion
    • Awards
  • Species: Raccoon
  • Coloring: Royal purple, save for two teardrop shaped gray patches on his chin, which runs to his collarbone, and the lower part of his abdomen.
  • Height: Varies
  • Weight: Varies
  • Build: Lanky
  • Currently: Pretty happy.
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2017, 03:59:09 PM »
Is this, by chance, still open? Or even alive?

Offline Blaiiine

• Melodious Mouse
  • Psilocybear
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2017, 06:09:06 PM »
Yeah, or at least I hope so. I've already posted the main thread on the Serious board.

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Royal purple, save for two teardrop shaped gray patches on his chin, which runs to his collarbone, and the lower part of his abdomen.
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2017, 01:03:40 AM »
Alright. I'll post a character sheet and post in the thread here soon.

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Battle Alert! Go shields up and weapons hot!
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Tiger
  • Coloring: Inverted fur pattern (black with white stripes)
  • Height: 6'7"
  • Weight: 250 lbs
  • Build: Muscular, but not overly so
  • Currently: Trying to find the drive to continue my original work.
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2017, 02:40:57 PM »
Here be my char, weapon images are attached:

Name: Skye Drake

Species: Grey Fox

Height: 6'2"

Build: Athletic

Appearance: Grey-furred fox, blue eyes that appear glowing at night, black fur dye in the shape of scars over both her eyes.

Outfit: Custom Mercenary Outfit consisting of Body armor externally adorned with pockets for ammunition, tools, and items of personal nature; often wears a hooded black cloak over everything (with weapons slung outside except katanas, which she wears on her belt), though it remains unknown why. Also wears a breath mask for unknown reasons.

Weapons: Modded ACR Assault Rifle rehcambered for 6.8x43mm (img attached), SG-9 Raptor chambered for 7.62x39mm API (img attached), dual black Katanas (img attached).

Personality: Quiet, reserved, seems tormented by something from time to time (evidenced by silent crying or mourning, but rarely seen), speaks only when spoken to or when she has something she feels insightful or necessary to say.

Hired Because: Top-notch mercenary reputation, records exist of pre-existing military service

Bio: Skye Drake - called "Dragoness" by her former-military colleagues - is a truly strange figure. No records exist of her birth, and therefore, it is impossible to tell how old she really is. She is notoriously close-lipped about her past, and why she silently cries from time to time. Psychologists and doctors speculate it was some form of trauma in her past she refuses to speak about. Some close friends suggest she mourns someone she lost, possibly a sibling or lover. Whatever others think of her psyche, it cannot be denied she is utterly devastating in combat. Her military record is spotless; never a failed mission. After she was honorably discharged, she took up mercenary work, and continued waging a one-woman war, though it still remained unclear why. She took up dying scar-shaped patches of fur over her eyes, and wearing a black, hooded cloak. She often operated at night, just as much as she operated during the day. It is largely unknown how she made her armor and where she got her current weapons from; all that is known is that she was recorded heading somewhere south and returning with these items. It is largely assumed she had them stashed somewhere safe, or that she stole them from what remains of a military depot. Those that have seen her fight are awed to see how she shrugs off injury; those who have seen her in action with her katanas are shocked at how deadly she is with them. She fights with one in each hand, using speed, finesse, and advanced skill combined with a form of parkour-style acrobatics to utterly decimate any foolish enough to challenge her to melee combat.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: April 27, 2017, 02:43:28 PM by Romulan_Furry »
"The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural..." --Darth Sidious

"Being a soldier isn't just following orders - it's following those orders while in the service of a higher cause. When that cause is betrayed, we aren't soldiers anymore; just pieces on a chess board, dying for the wrong reasons." --Unknown

A Klingon wears their emotion on his or her sleeve - when they're happy, you'll hear it; sad, you'll see it; angry, you'll fear it.

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2017, 04:31:47 PM »
Name: Rayleonarde "Ray" Blackburn

Species: Raccoonis Purpalis

Height: 6' 2''

Build: Average

Occupation: Ra'onni Mercenary((Will explain in BIO, if it's okay))

Appearance: Royal-purple from head to footpaw, aside from two tear-drop shaped gray patches and the black ringlets on his tail. A tattoo of a rough, hollow circle covers most of his forehead.

Outfit: Simple, dirtied jeans, large leather cloak with a white t-shirt beneath. Sticks and other foliage protrude from the cloak as a sort of makeshift camouflage. Thin body armor, designed to stop hollow-points, is all that protects Ray's torso. Ballistic elbow and knee pads give purchase to little comfort when Ray drops to prone, or dives behind cover.  He keeps a half-face gas-mask attached firmly to his hip, and his head wrapped in a olive-brown cloth, which also covers his mouth and nose. Red goggles, with varying zoom-optic lenses, keep dust and the like from Ray's eyes.

Weapons: Massive single-shot rifle designed to fire just about any rifle round, with a large, home-made scope.

Personality: Eager to please. Mostly quiet. Offers very little in the way of protest, often simply going with what is said instead of offering his own thoughts (a Beta, if I'm correct). If not given any direct orders, however, Ray will make his own plot and work at it until told otherwise. A resourceful, free-thinking, get-it-done-er on a chain.

Hired because: Skilled and cheap.

Bio: Ray was raised in the mega-commune, as most (if not all) Raccoonis Purpalii were, until he reached the age of 20. He then left to explore the world, an option the elders had passed a few years before Ray's birth. Ray reached the URA headquarters a year later, using stealth more so than combat, the true way of the Ra'onnii. He reached the headquarters and with some difficulty, joined as a Mercenary. The Ra'onni found hatred for his people rampant, as a war tends to leave a bad taste, and so tended to keep quiet. However, he soon found issue getting work, either due to others hating him or due to his lack of literacy.
He was, however, one of the cheaper mercenaries, so was at first regarded as a meat-shield. Ray often attempted to join as an auxiliary to anyone who would let him, and gained renown as a skilled spotter, a talented tracker, and a dead-eyed marksman.

Preface:
*If this isn't okay, please let me know.*
20 years after the bomb fell, the surviving Raccoonis Purpalii found solace after the war in solidarity. They formed communes that kept the idea that 'outsiders' wanted them dead, and so often alienated themselves from the others. After finding a huge weapons stockpile (mostly bolt-action rifles), one commune eventually began a huge, xenophobia-fueled 5-year war against any and all 'outsiders' they met. Though, soon after they found a place in the mountains far away from other towns, the communes gathered and settled, and began to grow. A few years later, approximately 40, the mega-commune stopped shooting any non-raccoon and opened trade, calling themselves the Ra'onni Commune. They then formed their own caravans, mercenary groups, and even began producing their own cultural archetypes. Essentially, the mega-commune became their own nation within the smoldering corpse of another. They stand as a sovereign body from the URA, but some of their kind often find work with the URA, as it gave them a chance to explore the destroyed world. But, if given an opportunity, the Ra'onni Commune would strive to dominate the surviving world.

Offline Blaiiine

• Melodious Mouse
  • Psilocybear
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2017, 01:44:11 AM »
Totally works, man. We've finished the group meeting so when you jump in, just act like you've gone through it all up to the point of joining.

Offline Blaiiine

• Melodious Mouse
  • Psilocybear
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2017, 07:00:34 AM »
Leaving this message for Skall and Ray, Rom and I will be continuing the thread until you return. Just message me if it gets to be far into the roleplay and I'll get you up to speed.

Still open for two more slots if anyone else sees this post as well.

Offline Razuel

• Jovial Jaguar
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Most Online
  • A true gentleman fights to protect
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Western Feral Dragon
  • Coloring: Black body,wings(underside is red), Red underbelly, silver-ish Spikes along spine
  • Height: 6' 12''
  • Weight: 217
  • Build: Muscular
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2017, 02:22:34 AM »
Name: Gyspie

Species: Wylde Kitteh   (That's how the species name is spelt)

Height: 6' 1''

Build: Average

Appearance: http://d.facdn.net/art/walbobob/1486796176/1486796159.walbobob_gypsie_reference_sheet_-_sfw.jpg

Outfit: Torn clothing - Gypsie was clad in a beefy hid bikini, with tassles and beads and some soothing chimes hanging from them, having been stolen from a history museum.

Weapons: Claws

Personality: In this setting, Gypsie is kind, but currently has trust issues towards others, but is quick to like others if shown gentleness and kindness... if done right.

Hired because: Quiet and quick footing(But hasn't been hired yet

Bio: Gypsie was apart of one of the few families that went off on their own after the bombs fell, growing mutations and gaining abnormal abilities from constant movement, like quick footing and quicker thinking, along with a decisive strength relative to their sizes.
Gypsie's tribe or clan, were called the wylde kittehs, as told by a drunk who saw them, but soon enough they were wiped out by prejudice men with rifles.

Gypsie escaped with her life and torn clothing that she wore, it containing bullet streaks and holes from the bullets, having made a slight name for herself as a silent bandit as people never heard her, but the darkness always showed her glowing and very low radioactive body paint.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////

I hope I can use her for this RP, as I'd like to bring in some sort of language barrier characters into this as it does seem probable.

^ Is really happy, and spreads positivity around the forums and even the world. This person is a really cool and friendly person, and really deserves everything life has to offer. This person is how everyone should be like. When I grow up, I want to be just like Razuel

Offline Blaiiine

• Melodious Mouse
  • Psilocybear
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2017, 08:32:17 AM »
Razuel, awesome. I see your posts in the Galactic Society RP, it'd be hella dope to have you in this one.

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • BEHOLD THE POWER OF MY...Rubber sword?
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Folf (Hybrid Fox Wolf)
  • Coloring: Dark Blue, Light Blue
  • Weight: WHA!?!?
  • Build: Slim,fit.
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Still raiding open fridges and freezers.
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2017, 01:21:01 AM »
i'm gonna give this a try, I have a way to bring my character in ,so here goes.

Name: Nari

Species: Silver Fox

Height:5'11

Build:Semi muscular

Apperance: Will send in Pm if able

Armor/Clothing: dragonskin military armor.

Weapons, claws ,

Desert eagle Mark XVX ACP
A heavy pistol designed to use the largest caliber avalible to a pistol the .50 cal the type of ammo is hard to come by so the  pistol was modified to use a few other calibers with a quick change of the barrel thus where the Adaptive combat pistol name.
Found on a random raider.

Plasma rifle
The P-20 plasma rifle was designed years ago by a long forgotten weapons manufacturer, designed for short to medium combat the plasma rifle's exotic ammo comes from a specially designed battery that allows for 150 shots before needing recharged via a special solar powered recharge station the scientist creating the rifle knew the exotic ammo would not be avalible to just be picked up thus the  charger

(will edit as i need to ask something in pm)

Bio: A sort of Sythentic being,Nari was created in a lab designed to be the ultimate creation, her fur holds traces of metal, allowing  her bones made of a super strong material, Nari is very hard to kill , it is unknown how the scientist made her non-magnetic. 

« Last Edit: May 27, 2017, 10:32:01 AM by Alex »
Uhh..Lord I didn't train to be a pilot. Tell me I don't have any more flying to do today.........................  Amen. ~ 'Dutch' Halo3 ODST.

We all go through peroids of darkness. In such times we can turn to the Lord, but it's good to have friends ~  Joshua Graham , Fallout New Vegas, Honest Hearts.

When people are lost they turn to the man who  acts like he knows the way out,  when the truth is he knows less than them. ~ John McMillan Original War

"Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself" -Unknown.

"I guess irony can be pretty ironic sometimes" ~William Shatter, Airplane II 

Credits: Alesssia pictures by JackThorn/Tomas13

Offline Razuel

• Jovial Jaguar
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Most Online
  • A true gentleman fights to protect
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Western Feral Dragon
  • Coloring: Black body,wings(underside is red), Red underbelly, silver-ish Spikes along spine
  • Height: 6' 12''
  • Weight: 217
  • Build: Muscular
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2017, 10:16:54 PM »
Alex, would you mind if I have a second character of mine be with Nari?

Y'know, Angel?   

Currently I'm out, but when I get home, hit me up on Steam and we can talk more... or simply Pm me here.

^ Is really happy, and spreads positivity around the forums and even the world. This person is a really cool and friendly person, and really deserves everything life has to offer. This person is how everyone should be like. When I grow up, I want to be just like Razuel