The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Spriteworks from Vosur (Mark 2)  (Read 41862 times)

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Old Wolf of the Sprites.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Top 10 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
  • Currently: Exhausted
Re: Spriteworks from Vosur (Mark 2)
« Reply #105 on: July 15, 2017, 05:55:39 AM »
This one took a bit longer to complete than I wanted, but here's some weapons for a space-marine type of girl for another friend of mine:

Yep, there's an over-sized plasma katar that changes into a blaster, and then a four-barreled minigun with anti-tank shells.

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Top 10 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #106 on: August 15, 2017, 03:32:17 PM »
Well... sorry for the lengthy delay. I hit too strong of a dry-spell, so I tried to go back to my notes to try to revamp an idea, so here's a unique projectile pistol. Can you guess who it would belong to?

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #107 on: September 20, 2017, 01:55:20 PM »
Nope, I'm not dead. Just having hit a bad dry-spell again and dealing with shenanigans at work, along with working on character sprite-sheets (which some cannot be posted at the moment), but I do have some more for you guys to see too.

First up, an assembled character-sprite of my character, Aeresa. Yes, this is how an assembled character might look in a simple idle-stand stance.

Some robot-head styles to include hats of different types to be built-into the head. Miner, Construction-worker, and Fireman for the jobs that these would match to.

A naginata with an extendable/retractable handle for a friend of mine. If you look closely at the blade, you can see a design on it.

Offline Vortex Cynbel

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Blue
  • Build: Normal
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: I wanna learn to code dammit x3
« Reply #108 on: September 20, 2017, 08:28:26 PM »
Your sprites have been improved so much since when you first posted!! Well done! Well now I know where to go if I am gonna develop a game at some point o3o (hope your prices are reasonable x3). ANYWAYS.. Great work keep this up!!
  • Avatar by: Nana (from furry amino)
  • Signature art by: Fable

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #109 on: September 20, 2017, 11:03:11 PM »
I've put a mention up on my deviantart's ( https://lotosoretsen.deviantart.com/ ) journal, so I'll make it simple here: I don't sell the sprites I make. I have no intention to. And if someone wants to use them, they can ask for permission (as long as they're not restricted to a specific person for their-use-only) with the condition that whatever they make, it also has to be "free". No patreon involvement, no paywall involvement, and I have to see the project that it will be inserted-into to make sure it retains that "free" status before I give a public affirmation.

I work with Torenzabbic / Wild-Roses on furaffinity.net (Same person for both accounts, made long before the folders were started), so for assembly of sprites, I let him do that while I make disassembled sprite-sheets and the props. For why I'm making props for other people when they may not have the same programs? They can still use them as references (quite a few already have) and have added them to their character ref-sheets in a drawn form.

So I'll say this, Vortex, I'm not selling, but if you plan on making a free-game, we'll talk.

Offline Albie

• Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Top 100 Poster
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My Drawings
    • Awards
  • Species: Lucario
  • Coloring: Pink
  • Height: 3'11"
  • Currently: On Cloud 9 with a Shadow Fox
« Reply #110 on: September 20, 2017, 11:36:29 PM »
Nice sprites.  They look like they come out of a game.  ^_^
  • Signature art by: Lucario by Me -- Flags by Bricket

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #111 on: September 21, 2017, 06:03:45 AM »
That's about the idea. I help a friend work on a comic by providing characters/props.

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #112 on: October 26, 2017, 09:40:39 AM »
Been over a month, but work's been rough. So here's some more to play with.

For the first set, this is a set of gear for made for a friend of mine, the character is a pirate captain, having all sorts of tricks of the trade on her at all times.

Here's an arsenal for a huntress who is in the comic. Yes, I did re-use the discarded design from Shoon for the spear, of which I still like. I wanted to give her a usable shield too, but I will be explaining that one in the next set. As for that bow, if you're wondering it's draw-strength, it's no less than 200 pounds (Nearly 91 kilograms). Most compound bows are in the 40-60 range for hunting bows hence the arrows being made of different material.

Now here's the shield. You might be wondering why this one won't be used, and I'll answer that: This one's design is too complex to properly skew and texture it without driving me insane. Even just doing it without the extras on it would be difficult. Yes, the shield is shaped like some of the shields of the tribes of Africa, but yes, there are Native American pictograph symbols on it as well. I was trying to signify that she was originally a tribal leader but couldn't pinpoint her exact origin. More-in-likely, this one may be scrapped or may most-likely be used as a coat-of-arms or a story-telling shield.

This one... I felt rather gun-shy on making this prop-set. A friend of mine outside-of-the-forums asked me to make them, of which I didn't mind the request itself, but I felt odd in doing the research on them to make them. I almost did not want to upload the set, but it's already too late for that now.

Offline Shoon

• Knowledge Seeker
  • Handsome Horse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • I know alot, about everything
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: silver ish grey
  • Height: 1.70
  • Build: masculine but pretty thin, not buff
  • Currently: Not here a lot
« Reply #113 on: October 28, 2017, 07:49:19 AM »
All of these look really cool. The pirate gun and the bow especially.
  • Avatar by: The amazing Ventus fall!

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #114 on: October 28, 2017, 09:47:39 PM »
I had a Hand Cannon design based off of the weapon used by the main protagonist from Wild ARMs (Alter Code F version) and did a bunch of tweaking to it. As for the bow, it's based off of the Turok Perforator Bow from that game.

Offline Ventus Fall

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Top 50 Most Online
  • The dragon caretaker
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Fur dragon
  • Coloring: Greens, reds and grey
  • Height: Approx. 2,10m (6.9ft) -with ears-
  • Build: Slender
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: -Local senpai- Will maybe have ninjurai's in the future.
« Reply #115 on: November 01, 2017, 07:48:57 AM »
Awesome, you finished them ^^

Shame about the shield though, was quite a nice idea.
  • Signature art by: Mr. Razot
♦ The friendly fluffy furry art dragon ♦
-> PM me for any questions or if you just want to chat ^^ I love to help! <-

> > Ventus Fall's backstory and information. < <

Links to my art pages and more:

deviantArt - FurAffinity - YouTube - Twitch - Twitter

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #116 on: November 01, 2017, 10:55:03 AM »
Depending on if my motivation kicks my rear again, I might be getting back into putting up more.

The shield may still be used, but I don't think it'll be a held-prop. It'll probably just be something on a wall.

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #117 on: November 08, 2017, 01:11:52 PM »
More items for friends, been at a dry-spell for myself for the comic.

This set is for a monk/ninja type of character, both the gear and the character belong to my friend.

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #118 on: November 15, 2017, 06:28:47 PM »
Let's try this again, this time with the right sizing. I would have more sprites to show, but the one after this will be quite a doozy to make.

Here we have a set of plasma weapons for our very own Mr. Razot to use for his characters.  If you want more details on them, please do ask him about them.

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #119 on: December 06, 2017, 06:55:13 AM »

I said this one would be a doozy to make, I wasn't lying as it took much longer to make this concept than it should've. As for this project, I made this design with a Sonic Forces OC belonging to a friend of mine in mind, his appearance being somewhat similar to a 007 Bond Villain. With that in mind, I went about in trying to combine the thought of a classy design (a nobleman's common-item being a cane) with not-so-ordinary weapons. The idea of the sword was originally an epee (blade-less fencing-sword that attacks by cuts at the tip and stabs rather than full-length cuts), but I also figured it needed some sort of hand-protection that would need to be hidden. That's when I added the flick-out hand-guard blades on that head. Also, making the whole-cane a gun-barrel for the rifle-mode was an odd adventure, eventually requiring to make a separate head to lock in place instead of the straight-handle head.

This one took a while to do as well, but I already had a gist of what I wanted to do. The character involved for this idea is an ex-gang-member turned military-general, having collected quite an arsenal for herself during her exploits. I did re-use some older assets with modifications, but I felt those designs were fitting to this as well with those tweaks.