The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Spriteworks from Vosur (Mark 2)  (Read 40374 times)

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Old Wolf of the Sprites.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Awards
  • Currently: Exhausted
Re: Spriteworks from Vosur (Mark 2)
« Reply #135 on: March 20, 2018, 10:43:08 PM »
Might need to give me examples of what you mean. I don't do characters too often due to their complexity (it could take me months to do a character now due to lack-of-drive and lack-of-inspiration), and I've had trouble with getting ideas for props. I don't do scenes themselves because I tried one time and it ended... terrible to say the least.

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • BEHOLD THE POWER OF MY...Rubber sword?
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Folf (Hybrid Fox Wolf)
  • Coloring: Dark Blue, Light Blue
  • Weight: WHA!?!?
  • Build: Slim,fit.
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Still raiding open fridges and freezers.
« Reply #136 on: March 20, 2018, 11:03:46 PM »
Might need to give me examples of what you mean. I don't do characters too often due to their complexity (it could take me months to do a character now due to lack-of-drive and lack-of-inspiration), and I've had trouble with getting ideas for props. I don't do scenes themselves because I tried one time and it ended... terrible to say the least.
Unfortunatly at the moment I really can't as I just kinda glanced over the art you posted which all looks good btw.
Uhh..Lord I didn't train to be a pilot. Tell me I don't have any more flying to do today.........................  Amen. ~ 'Dutch' Halo3 ODST.

We all go through peroids of darkness. In such times we can turn to the Lord, but it's good to have friends ~  Joshua Graham , Fallout New Vegas, Honest Hearts.

When people are lost they turn to the man who  acts like he knows the way out,  when the truth is he knows less than them. ~ John McMillan Original War

"Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself" -Unknown.

"I guess irony can be pretty ironic sometimes" ~William Shatter, Airplane II 

Credits: Alesssia pictures by JackThorn/Tomas13

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Awards
« Reply #137 on: March 22, 2018, 09:48:48 PM »
Well, I am working on a character sprite-sheet, but I would have to show that elsewhere if I do show it. Instead, here is the item belonging to that character that will be present in the sheet once it's complete.

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #138 on: March 22, 2018, 10:42:44 PM »
Well, I am working on a character sprite-sheet, but I would have to show that elsewhere if I do show it. Instead, here is the item belonging to that character that will be present in the sheet once it's complete.

Nice shotgun.
Uhh..Lord I didn't train to be a pilot. Tell me I don't have any more flying to do today.........................  Amen. ~ 'Dutch' Halo3 ODST.

We all go through peroids of darkness. In such times we can turn to the Lord, but it's good to have friends ~  Joshua Graham , Fallout New Vegas, Honest Hearts.

When people are lost they turn to the man who  acts like he knows the way out,  when the truth is he knows less than them. ~ John McMillan Original War

"Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself" -Unknown.

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Currently: Healed up
« Reply #139 on: March 27, 2018, 02:11:11 AM »
I love the shotgun that you have there! What does each colored shell do?
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #140 on: March 27, 2018, 03:26:04 AM »
Much like the pistol variant (seen below) It is a firearm that uses gemstone 'bullets' to convert pure Mana into an elemental projectile. The bullets aren't expended but it does tax on the user's energy to keep firing.

Since it is a shotgun, it has shorter range and wider dispersal (or a 'cone" of energy instead of a single projectile), but it can only hold two non-conflicting elements (ie: fire-water are conflicting, earth-wind are conflicting, light-dark are conflicting) in the chambers for this one. The revovler has the advantage of allowing all six elements in the chamber without issue.

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #141 on: March 27, 2018, 04:35:32 AM »
Hmm is the shotgun double barrelled or is the lower tube a tube magazine?

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #142 on: March 27, 2018, 07:42:32 AM »
The shotgun's an over-under. Since it doesn't need to reload (unless swapping elements) much like the revolver, a tube-magazine wouldn't be ideal. Also, it has dual triggers, but the secondary trigger is harder to see.

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #143 on: April 11, 2018, 10:00:37 PM »
Gone for too long on the creative side... but let's get back into the swing of things.

First up, a simple 'shaker' staff used by monks for scaring away bugs and smaller ground-creatures so they don't get injured during a walk.

A multi-ammunition designated-marksman rifle. Uses the same concept as the Mana firearms I've done previously, but the elements used are very limited here. Yes, a lot of the design was used from previous projects.

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Currently: Healed up
« Reply #144 on: April 15, 2018, 04:00:44 PM »
I really like that color scheme on that rifle, it looks very professional!
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #145 on: April 15, 2018, 06:41:51 PM »
I tried to match it to the outfit worn on Mobian type of character that belongs to a friend of mine.

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #146 on: April 15, 2018, 08:52:13 PM »
the new or old versions?  the older ones looked smaller. nice work btw

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #147 on: April 15, 2018, 09:29:56 PM »
Well, the latest set is for a different friend of mine, but I did use a lot of the base-body from a previous work, and yes, it is smaller. It's more towards a Designated Marksman Rifle rather than a true sniper rifle.

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #148 on: April 15, 2018, 09:41:41 PM »
Well, the latest set is for a different friend of mine, but I did use a lot of the base-body from a previous work, and yes, it is smaller. It's more towards a Designated Marksman Rifle rather than a true sniper rifle.
No, I mean from what i've seen the newer style of sonic characters in Comics seem taller.

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #149 on: April 15, 2018, 11:16:59 PM »
Well, the ref-image that I had resembled a taller body-type, but that's neither here nor there.