The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Spriteworks from Vosur (Mark 2)  (Read 42253 times)

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Old Wolf of the Sprites.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
    • Awards
  • Currently: Exhausted
Re: Spriteworks from Vosur (Mark 2)
« Reply #75 on: January 11, 2017, 08:05:32 PM »
I do intend to carry on with these, and they may be making scenes in the comic too. Also, attached below is a 1-2K crew airship is already in the comic, so compare the sizes of the other ships to this. (Click on the attached image to see the size). The attached ship is one of Toren's designs, called the Laz E.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 08:10:19 PM by Vosur Aekira »

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
    • Awards
« Reply #76 on: January 19, 2017, 09:08:19 AM »
And a new contender to the setup:

This one's actually going back to one I had previously done to make it 'fit' to scale for the other vehicles, also tweaked up the shape and some of the options a bit better this time.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 02:57:24 PM by Vosur Aekira »

Offline Shoon

• Knowledge Seeker
  • Handsome Horse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • I know alot, about everything
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: silver ish grey
  • Height: 1.70
  • Build: masculine but pretty thin, not buff
  • Currently: Not here a lot
« Reply #77 on: January 19, 2017, 05:51:28 PM »
Looking good. It's an attack chopper right?
  • Avatar by: The amazing Ventus fall!

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #78 on: January 19, 2017, 08:41:34 PM »
Sorta... but it has no rotor at all. The original base-body was designed after a Bell 222 with some mods to it. The turbines on the outer-most sides are what give it VTOL capability, but it has four total engines for regular/boosted flight.

Offline Shoon

• Knowledge Seeker
  • Handsome Horse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #79 on: January 21, 2017, 08:56:07 AM »
I can see the similarities, well done!

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #80 on: March 02, 2017, 06:13:37 AM »
I do apologize for the lengthy delay in which I've posted, but I had hit a SEVERE brain-block for a while. I did try my hand at character sprites, but it would be a little odd to show since they're not assembled (and I don't have the proper software to assemble them since I work with a friend of mine in these). Now, I have made at least one new thing among my list:

Yes, it'll be a bit odd since it's a plasma/dark-matter tonfa set. But it seems I make odd weapons in general.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 02:58:44 PM by Vosur Aekira »

Offline Shoon

• Knowledge Seeker
  • Handsome Horse
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #81 on: March 05, 2017, 10:08:43 AM »
I immediately got that it's a tonfa but it still looks a bit like a lightsaber with a broken hilt.

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #82 on: March 05, 2017, 02:10:23 PM »
Yeah, the inspiration (the Recoil Rod from Mega Man Zero series) is structured similarly, looking like a sword hilt but the blades being much different.

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #83 on: April 07, 2017, 01:52:33 PM »
I guess until further notice, I will be dropping stash-links here for the sprites or dropping direct-links to the sprites to allow people to see them.

Anyways, here are the first set, which are books that make weapons/items/creatures appear from them. Think of the weapon-books from Castlevania Portrait of Ruin or from the library books in the Addams Family for these.

The last one on the list for this round is a candelabra that turns into a hand-shovel (a common weapon for a physically-weaker necromancer). If you're wondering about the flame color, that's actually generated from the Mana of the one who normally holds/touches it, she gives off a pink/purple glow. Also, the blade-edge of the shovel is made from a steel-and-jade combination since Necromancers are normally weak against that, making this an anti-necromancer weapon.

Edit: Updated with imgur postings instead of photobucket.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 03:04:13 PM by Vosur Aekira »

Offline Shoon

• Knowledge Seeker
  • Handsome Horse
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #84 on: April 07, 2017, 04:06:58 PM »
They all look quite cool.

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #85 on: April 26, 2017, 03:44:41 PM »
While I am not quite done with my current project I have started up (no early-reveal until I'm done. ;3 )  I am posting this to let anyone know that all the image-links should now be updated to imgur due to issues with photobucket as of late.

Offline Panda

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Skunk
  • Height: 5'5"
  • Build: Petite
  • Currently: Lurking
« Reply #86 on: April 27, 2017, 08:02:26 PM »
Looking sweet as always! I think you're getting even better with texturing, too :D
[ Asexual furry | Genderfluid | They/them ]
Spoiler for Hidden:

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #87 on: May 03, 2017, 12:58:37 PM »
Well, I've been busy for a couple of weeks, but I do have something new to show.

Standard pistol base with the standard suppressor starts off in the upper-left corner, iron-sights in use. In the center, we have the pistol-base with the machine-pistol barrel and the reflex-sight attachment. On the upper-right, we have the pistol-base with the heavy-pistol barrel.

Second-row uses the pistol-base with the recoil-dampening stock along with a night-vision scope and the assault-rifle forward receiver/barrel attachment with an included flash/recoil suppressing tip.

And the last row uses the pistol-base with a bullpup stock, telescopic sight, sniper barrel/forward-grip, along with a recoil compensator.

Offline Shoon

• Knowledge Seeker
  • Handsome Horse
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #88 on: May 03, 2017, 02:46:19 PM »
These look amazing! They look pretty realistic and you can really see details and depth!

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #89 on: May 03, 2017, 11:29:33 PM »
I do try to give my items texture "depth" depending on the material and the 3-D shape they're supposed to have. And that's usually a challenge for any type of sprite.