The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Your top 5 of band/artists  (Read 9684 times)

Offline Zaspher

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Dog/Deer hybrid (an akita with antlers)
  • Coloring: Navy Blue & white. Brown and purple eyes.
  • Height: 6''2"
  • Weight: 210
  • Build: large and floofy
Re: Your top 5 of band/artists
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2011, 03:40:29 AM »
Here are Zasphy's top five at the moment although it pretty much changes daily ^_^ . I added song examples in case anyones wants to listen.

1. Endless Sporadic

A eloquent jazz metal band that serves as a inspiration for most of my my bands music. The mood In a single song can change extremely from thrash to folk to gypsy jazz in a matter of seconds.

Song Example: Impulse, Voyage of Tremoli

2. Moe.

A jam band formed from talented musicians from across the United States. Extremely progressive much like Dream Theatre, Rush and Ratdog except in my opinion ten times better. Styles change every so often making it very enjoyable. Although sometimes the vocals can be repetitive. I saw them in concert just a few days ago. I'm also friends with the bassist. There music is very well put together and they seem to be good at last minute improvisations.

song example: Crab Eyes, Wormwood, Not Commin Down

3. Moody Blues

A British rock band that introduced a new style of playing. We owe the Moody's for a great amount of modern music. The band sounds like a great orchestra. Super sad love songs and great poetic lyrics. The Moody's are great.

song examples: Your Wildest Dreams, Knights in White Satin, Question

4. Jeff Loomis

A Neoclassical musician whom is the takes the styles from classical musicians and mixes it with harmonic intervals in metal. He also plays gypsy style metal. He also can shred on the harp XD

Song Example: Miles Of Machines

5. Jeff Beck

A creative guitarist whom has a bendy style of playing the guitar. Well known for the smooth depressing howls his guitar can make. Absolutely Beautiful almost sounds like it could wake the dead.

Song Examples: Hammerhead, Nessun Dorma, Corpus Christi Carol

Offline CruZe

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
  • Species: Black bear
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2011, 09:20:58 PM »
1: Mariah Carey - Shes (removed) amazing :'DDDD vocals are unmatched and her songs are beautiful ^_^

2: Lil Wayne - What can I say... (removed) amazing rapper :DDD wordplay is incredible, variety, and creativity.

3: Nicki Minaj - ' o ' (Female version of Wayne) Incredible word play, lots of variety, and beautiful singing voice :'3

4: Trey Song - Hes just awesome... leave it at that

5: Drake - If i could sing like Drake I would just die :'DDD
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 09:30:45 PM by Macid, Reason: triggering the auto censor »

Offline NJMike

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Poster
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • My YouTube
    • Awards
  • Species: Crux
  • Coloring: Black and gray
  • Height: 6'2
  • Weight: 150 lbs.
  • Build: Athletic/toned, very flexible.
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2011, 11:25:19 PM »
I've switched up my top five favorite band list since I last posted, so here is my new one:

5. The Black Dahlia Murder.

- It's funny I actually discovered this band from seeing a kid's shirt in school of the band. I decided to check them out when I got home, and, much like the above band, I liked what I heard, continued listening and got myself hooked.

Songs: That Which Erodes The Most Tender of Things, I Will Return, Built for Sin, Statutory Ape.

4. Blustery Caveat.

- I randomly found this band in the "Related Videos" section on YouTube. I checked them out because their name attracted me, and what I heard was just badass. I liked the vocals and I just love heavy/aggressive music like this.

Songs: Payback in Brutality, Lands of Suffering, Corporal Punishment, Abandoned Existence, Butchery of Sanity, Destined to Mutilate, Acts of Derangement, Human Hunting Species.

3. Animals As Leaders.

- I don't know I just found their song "CAFO" on Fur Affinity Forums's metal thread, and I liked it. I decided to check out more of their songs, and I liked what I heard, so I decided to get the whole album on my iPod. All of their songs are instrumental but they are all just so creative and great to listen to.

Songs: Tempting Time, Soraya, Thoroughly At Home, On Impulse, Behaving Badly, The Price Of Everything And The Value Of Nothing, CAFO, Inamorata, Point To Point, Song Of Solomon

2. Rotting Christ.

- These guys just make some amazing music. I like their gothic and dark sound on a lot of their songs, although it's a shame their newest Album, Aealo, has strayed away from that sound.

Songs: Among Two Storms, Art of Sin, If It Ends Tomorrow, You Are I, Fateless, You My Cross, Athanati Este, Keravnos Kivernitos, Enuma Elish, Victoriatus, Transform All Suffering Into Plagues, Nemecic, Helios Hyperion, Under The Name of Legion, Demonon Vrosis, dub-sag-ta-ke, Snowing Still, The First Field of the Battle, Non Serviam, Morality of a Dark Age.

1. Meshuggah.

- This is one of the most technical and unique bands I've heard as of yet. Usually I'm not a big fan of technical metal as its complex time signatures and instrument-playing confuse me and lose my interest, but not these guys; I just like how they sound using this.

Songs: Shed, Autonomy Lost/Imprint of the Un-Saved/Disenchantment, The Paradoxial Spiral/Re-Inanimate/Entrapment, Personae Non Gratae/Dehumanization/Sum, Concatenation, Elastic, The Mouth Licking What You've Bled, New Millennium Cyanide Christ, Sublevels, Closed Eye Visuals, Nebulous (re-mastered), Perpetual Black Second, Rational Gaze (re-mastered), Spasm (re-mastered), Stengah, Straws Pulled At Random (re-mastered).
  • Signature art by: Puncia

Offline Taco <3

• Chatty Cheetah
  • Nom Nom Blub >.<
    • Awards
  • Species: Dragon-Bunny
  • Coloring: Black, Blue
  • Height: 5'8"
  • Build: Average
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2011, 08:51:17 PM »
1: Mariah Carey - Shes (removed) amazing :'DDDD vocals are unmatched and her songs are beautiful ^_^

2: Lil Wayne - What can I say... (removed) amazing rapper :DDD wordplay is incredible, variety, and creativity.

3: Nicki Minaj - ' o ' (Female version of Wayne) Incredible word play, lots of variety, and beautiful singing voice :'3

4: Trey Song - Hes just awesome... leave it at that

5: Drake - If i could sing like Drake I would just die :'DDD
love these choices
  • Signature art by: Grisli
CLICK THIS IF YEW WANT TEW LIVE!!!!
R.I.P Samuel Harrison Jr.
         June 7-May 3
I owns teh tail of LonelyKat232

Offline LyrilaFox

• Boisterous Bear
  • Community Hobo DJ
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Manncowmoo
    • Awards
  • Species: Elemi Fulf
  • Coloring: Depends on form
  • Height: about 6'0" when Anthro [3'6" - Feral]
  • Weight: about 150lbs Anthro [100lbs- Feral]
  • Build: pretty curved body structure, not really fat
  • Currently: stuff :D
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2011, 07:20:06 PM »
Here are mine[this week]

1. Limp Biskit
Reason: i dont know, i like the beat of the songs, partially because my dad played it all the time when i was little, one of my favorite rappers
Fav Songs: Break Something[not the name of the song but a guess], Keep Rollin' [[awsome song],

2. Insane Clown Posse
Reason: their just... awsome. bad reason i know but to me, all of their dark carnival songs make me laugh,
Fav Songs: My Axe, Tilt-A-Whirl, Neden Game,

3: Rob Zombie
Reason: One of my dad's favorite bands, what i think is because its heavy death metal, and it gets three spot because it brings back nostalgia of playing twisted metal 3 & 4 on PS1when i was little
Songs: Living Dead Girl, Dragula,
4. Linkin Park
Reason: now this ones tricky, i dont remember where or when i found it, or even how, all i know is that the flow of the music gets really nice
Songs: By Myself, In the End,

5. Blink 182
Reason: now, this one, the songs that my dad have are mostly the rock songs about love, how this band got into my dad's CDs i will never know, because my dad is a pure death metal/ rap lover. The band have a nice tome to it unlike the rest of my favorites, this band's songs tones are sad/light, like any other song i like, it needs a nice beat to the song, and this band give no exeptions
songs: dont know any becasue the CD didn't have the songs on it and my computer has them labled as track 1-13

[[i doubt i did this right and i have no favorites in particular, those where the ones i could easilly pick out from my self consious, there are so many refrences to my dad becasue he was one of the people who contributed to my music loving
  • Avatar by: Avatar by WingedZephyr
  • Signature art by: Siggy by Me [Manncowmoo]

Offline Righteousbro

• Eager Elephant
  • Ekuamahtava
  • Species: Tiger/kitteh
  • Coloring: White and black
  • Height: 6 ft
  • Weight: 150 lbs
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2011, 08:05:17 PM »
My choices change way to frequently and I completely love way to many bands to make a good list, but anyway, here it is.

1. Rise Against
Definitely, I love the meanings behind their songs and they sound great.
Fav. songs: Re-education Through labor, Make it Stop, Survivor Guilt, Ready to Fall

2. Lapfoxtrax
They sound so amazing, also similar music choices (Somehow just about all my favorite songs and artists get sampled by him eventually.)
Just about every song by him blows my mind completely.

3. The Beatles 
Can't really explain my reason, they just get stuck in my head all the time.
Eleanor Rigby, I am the Walrus, Hey Jude

4. Turisas
So freakin' amazing.
Rex Regi Rebillis, Holmgard and Beyond, Portage to the Unknown, Rasputin

5. Blue Stahli
So freakin' amazing.
ULTRAnumb, Anti-You/Burning Bridges, Shotgun Señorita

But just about everything on this list is a tie and there's around 8 more ties, I just had to think hard about it for a bit XD

Offline Scar WhiteDream

• Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
  • Art by Soryane :)
    • Awards
  • Species: Pure artic Husky
  • Coloring: Black fur with white belly. Paws are ¾ black and ¼ white. Tail is white`^ with a black stripe all the way. Ears are white too and I have black spiked hair.
  • Height: 5'6" ½
  • Weight: 179 LBS
  • Build: Well shaped
  • Currently: On the edge of a breakdown =/
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2011, 03:03:03 AM »
Pawsome guys :3 Keep the diversity coming in... those top 5 are cool and I like how everybody has a diversity of musical likes ^-^
Be an Angel, play like a Devil... Rock is my live, so I'll be a Badass Angel.

Puncia's Fundraising Project

Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailent, "If I live I will kill you, if I die you are forgiven." Such as the rule of honor. - Lamb of God

Offline Kyaine

• Boisterous Bear
  • Such a cutie XD
  • Species: Anthro Dragon
  • Coloring: Has black scales and has spikey blond hair falling over my red glowing eyes.
  • Height: 6.3 feet
  • Weight: 89 kg
  • Build: Average,slim
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2011, 03:08:38 AM »
1. Glee cast
2. Bruno Mars
3. Micheal Jackson
4. Wes Carr
5.ACDC

Offline Raven_Sparrow

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
  • Species: Otter, Lutra, alien species
  • Coloring: brownish blonde
  • Height: 5'8
  • Weight: 113
  • Build: feminen,skinny, but strong
« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2011, 02:05:44 AM »
1. Alice Cooper <3

2. Avenged seven fold

3. Bullet for my valentine

4.Twisted Sister

5.Metallica
You trap,You kill,,You eat. That's what a good spider does. You trap,You kill,You eat. You trap....You kill...You eat..

Offline Gelidus

• Kuddly Kitten
  • I'll freeze your soul
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf/Falcon
  • Coloring: blue, tan, brown, and white
  • Height: 6'1''
  • Weight: 190 lb
  • Build: Althetically slender
  • Currently: PONIES!
« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2011, 06:22:03 AM »
1. Alice Cooper <3

2. Avenged seven fold

3. Bullet for my valentine

4.Twisted Sister

5.Metallica

Very nice. I like the mixture of old and new stuff, although I'm not much of an Alice Cooper fan myself.
Love is only a feeling.
A feeling of security, a feeling of happiness, a feeling of lust, a feeling of belonging.
A feeling we need.
We may think we can live life without it, but a life without it would be boring, meaningless, and depressing.
Love controls us. Without love, we are nothing. With it, nothing else in the world matters
Love is only a feeling.
A feeling that makes life worth living or dying

Offline Drakos

• Classy Draggy
  • Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • Awesomely drawn by Kaprika (The lovely floof 8D)
    • Awards
  • Species: Dragon Anthro
  • Coloring: Green
  • Height: 6'5''
  • Weight: 225
  • Build: Muscular
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Wondering why stuff is stuff.
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2011, 04:21:15 PM »
Wow man, this is a good thread, almost wish I had seen it sooner :D.

All right, here's my top five:

5: Queen
Reason: First of all, give the dude some credit, Freddy Mercury was a phenomenal singer. That's probably the main reason why I like them. Another reason would probably be that their music is just generally fun to listen to for me.
Favorite Songs: Bohemian Rhapsody, We Will Rock You/We Are the Champions, Killer Queen, Fat Bottomed Girls.

4: Led Zeppelin
Reason: Hmmmm let me see here.....Robert Plant. That's all I'm going to say. What's that? I need more reason? Ok fine :P, because they're awesome!
Favorite Songs: All of them!

3: Judas Priest
Reason: Their 80s metal style of music captured my attention a while ago. Their music is awesome in my opinion (As well as fun to listen to). Plus, I like so many of their songs, I'd be crazy not to put them in my top 5 (Not that I'm not crazy already *Twitch*).
Favorite Songs: Devil's Child, Blood Stone, Breaking the Law, Electric Eye, Jugulator, Riding on the Wind, (Take these) Chains, You've Got Another Thing Coming, Screaming for Vengeance

2: Pink Floyd
Reason: Do I really need to give a reason? Come on, it's Pink Floyd, everyone knows that they're awesome! :D
Favorite Songs: ALL OF THEM O.O

1: Dragonforce
Reason: Dragonforce is definitely my favorite band of all time currently. Why? Every time I listen to their music I feel like I'm sort of in an alternate universe. A place where everything is awesome and where I feel like I can be anything I want whenever I want. It's music that lets me use my imagination a lot basically. Plus, they rock \m/!
Favorite Songs: Fury of the Storm, Fields of Despair, Dawn of a New World, Cry of the Brave, Soliders of the Wasteland, My Spirit Will Go on, Once in a Lifetime, Reasons to Live, Heroes of our time, Heartbreak Armageddon, The Last Journey Home, A Flame for Freedom, E.P.M (Cool intro JS), Strike of the Ninja, Evening Star, Heart of a Dragon, Valley of the Damned, Where Dragons Rule (MY PERSONAL FAVE NBD), Cry For Eternity, Revolution Deathsquad, Operation Ground and Pound, Trail of Broken Hearts. Oh yes, and Through the Fire and Flames XD.

Honorable Mentions: Lynard Skynard, Megadeath, Metallica, Genesis, Yes, Rush, and many others!
  • Avatar by: Kaprika (Zee awesome floof! 8D)
Outside on a winter's night as the rain begins to fall
There's a chill in the air and the howl of a wolf while the rain beats at the door
Seven kings will ride on the wind up towards        the mountains high                             
And the only sound that will break the air is the warrior's bitter cry

-Starfire by Dragonforce.

For those who know me I'm still kicking around here, enjoying life. For those who don't know me I do invite you to get to know me if you'd like :3.

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

(The song that the lyrics in my siggy come from :3).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?
v=Wp68lrJEYHU

Offline Alicia-Korean-Soviet

• The Korean Dragon
  • Boisterous Bear
  • I demand a Korean Caramelldansen. >:U
  • Species: dragon/peacock/leopard hybrid
  • Coloring: Royal blue, silver, sky blue, and green. Mostly peacock colors.
  • Height: 4'5" (on fours) 7'5" (rearing)
  • Weight: 215 lbs.
  • Build: Slender, yet strong.
  • Currently: Glad to be back!!!
« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2011, 09:46:40 PM »
1. ABBA- I was raised on their music. I have all of their CD's and I know all of their songs. Even the ones I don't like very much, I know. x3 My favorite ABBA songs include: I Have a Dream, Fernando, SOS, and Mamma Mia.

2. Katy Perry- Her music inspires me so much. I discovered her through my best friend, and I've loved her ever since. However, her song "Firework" brings tears to my eyes. Every time I hear it, I get extreme goosebumps and it reminds me of how special I am. My favorite Katy Perry songs include: Firework <3, Peacock, Not Like The Movies, and Teenage Dream.

3. Cascada- OUTSTANDING techno group. I remember when I first moved to the US, I heard "Miracle" on the radio. I fell deep in love. I used to not like them for a little while after a friend of mine overglorified "Everytine We Touch." But I came back to Cascada's music, and I'm now a fan (again, and forever). My favorite Cascada songs include: Miracle, Pyromania, Evacuate the Dancefloor, and Breathless.

4. Michael Jackson- Another artist I grew up listening to. I was like, "whut" when he died. A true legend. My favorite MJ songs are: Beat It, Heal the World, Billie Jean, and Thriller.

5. BassHunter- Another outstanding techno artist! I discovered him through a random YouTube search, and from there I grew fond of his music. My friend doesn't like him very much, but I think he's amazing. My favorite songs include: Hello There, Without Stars, Walk on Water, and DoTA.

Honorable mentions: The Beatles, Elton John, Britney Spears, Die Prinzen, and Smile.Dk

If you look closely at my 3rd stamp, Churchill has a Kricketot, Roosevelt has a Chimchar, and Stalin has a Happiny. :D

Clearing things up: I'm not living in N. Korea currently. My parents (miraculously) escaped there and came to the US from South Korea. So I'm a miracle-worker I guess. XD I luv my parents. They be awesome.

"And along came Alicia" - my brother

Offline Cifero Windtail

• Velvety Vole
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Poster
  • I never give up... so don't push me. >_<
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Crat Feline-crow mix. (Just found out.... I HAVE FRACKING WINGS!!) (SO freaked out!!)
  • Coloring: Grey with dark grey stripes, Black hair, light blue scleras and blue corneas,
  • Height: 5' 10&quot;
  • Weight: 89 lbs. and then about 50 more (about 139 lbs.); he's fit, but he's not muscular. Has a bit of an outie.
  • Build: Lithe but wiry; a little soft around the middle, but it's hardly noticeable; he's actually got a rather feminine form.
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Holding out for a hero... but always having to save myself.
« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2011, 03:56:17 PM »
I wouldn't say I have 5 favorites. I have two, and then a lot of artists are tied for third. If it isn't rap, it's good. Mostly. But here are a few of my favorites:

1. ABBA- I'm one-seventh Swedish, and their music is awesome.
2. The Cutting Crew (original): The explosive combination of Nicholas Van Eede (vocals, rhythm guitar), Kevin Scott MacMichael (main guitar), Colin Farley (bass guitar), Martin "Frosty" Beadle (drums), and Tony Moore (keyboards); they are FREAKING AWESOME. Some songs you might know of theirs: I Just Died In Your Arms Tonight, One For The Mockingbird, and Between A Rock And A Hard Place.
3. Johnny Hates Jazz: Their song "Shattered Dreams" has wonderful imagery. Clark Datchler, Mike Nocito, and Calvin Hayes are totally awesome.
4. The Four Seasons. Do I need to say more?
5. Mike and The Mechanics: Can you hear them RUNNING? No. Should you hear them ROCKING? Heck Yes!
I basically like all the music on Lite Rock 105, not to mention "Thunderbirds Are Go!" by Busted.

Who needs rap when there's Rick-rolling and Paula Abdul?

Post Merge: July 07, 2011, 03:57:22 PM
Oh. I like Michael Jackson and The Bay City Rollers too.  :P
  • Avatar by: I have three or four great ones: one by Sabah and a few by Lovableoutcast/Kishi... and also this one, drawn by Kayato/ Kaya... thanks guys. ^_^
  • Signature art by: I just want to tell you, the reference is a link to my other fursona.  Also: http://www.sanger.dk/
(I love my sister) http://www.zark.com http://www.zark.com/pages2/az66/az66b.html
Don't mess with Grammaton Clerics. THEY WILL END YOU.

Offline Karma Moonshadow

• Chatty Cheetah
  • The blood of the wicked is my life support.
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Pure white
  • Height: 5' 9"
  • Weight: Light
  • Build: Lithe and wiry
« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2011, 02:55:22 AM »
1. Three Days Grace
2. Avenged Sevenfold
3. Godsmack
4. Disturbed
5. We Are The Fallen
6. - must mention Nightwish!
« Last Edit: July 10, 2011, 03:03:22 AM by Aurelis Ornitier »
...So can you tell me what exactly does freedom mean, if I'm not free to be as twisted as I wanna be?

- Disturbed, "Divide"

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2011, 03:12:42 AM »
1) Rammstein - Michael Jackson (Tie)
2) LMF - Jin Auyeung (aka MC-Jin and ABC Jin)  (Tie)
3) MP4
4) X Japan - Metallica (Tie)
5) Dragon Force