The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Your top 5 of band/artists  (Read 9688 times)

Offline NJMike

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Poster
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • My YouTube
    • Awards
  • Species: Crux
  • Coloring: Black and gray
  • Height: 6'2
  • Weight: 150 lbs.
  • Build: Athletic/toned, very flexible.
Re: Your top 5 of band/artists
« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2011, 04:19:47 AM »
I've switched up my top five favorite band list since I last posted (yet again!), so here is my new one:

5. Wolves In The Throne Room

- One of my furry friends got me into this band. They're ambient black metal and sound pretty good to me. Also for some reason the blast beats on the drums in most of their songs is what got me hooked and a lot of their songs are 10+ minutes.

Songs: I Will Lay Down My Bones Among The Rocks and Roots, Cleansing, Wanderer Through The Sea of Fog, Crystal Ammunition, Ex Cathedra, Behold The Vastness and Sorrow, Ahrimanic Trance.

4. Rotting Christ.

- These guys just make some amazing music. I like their gothic and dark sound on a lot of their songs, although it's a shame their newest Album, Aealo, has strayed away from that sound.

Songs: Among Two Storms, Art of Sin, If It Ends Tomorrow, You Are I, Fateless, You My Cross, Athanati Este, Keravnos Kivernitos, Enuma Elish, Victoriatus, Transform All Suffering Into Plagues, Nemecic, Helios Hyperion, Under The Name of Legion, Demonon Vrosis, dub-sag-ta-ke, Snowing Still, The First Field of the Battle, Non Serviam, Morality of a Dark Age.

3. Animals As Leaders.

- I don't know I just found their song "CAFO" on Fur Affinity Forums's metal thread, and I liked it. I decided to check out more of their songs, and I liked what I heard, so I decided to get the whole album on my iPod. All of their songs are instrumental but they are all just so creative and great to listen to.

Songs: Tempting Time, Soraya, Thoroughly At Home, On Impulse, Behaving Badly, The Price Of Everything And The Value Of Nothing, CAFO, Inamorata, Point To Point, Song Of Solomon

2. Meshuggah.

- This is one of the most technical and unique bands I've heard as of yet. Usually I'm not a big fan of technical metal as its complex time signatures and instrument-playing confuse me and lose my interest, but not these guys; I just like how they sound using this.

Songs: Shed, Autonomy Lost/Imprint of the Un-Saved/Disenchantment, The Paradoxial Spiral/Re-Inanimate/Entrapment, Personae Non Gratae/Dehumanization/Sum, Concatenation, Elastic, The Mouth Licking What You've Bled, New Millennium Cyanide Christ, Sublevels, Closed Eye Visuals, Nebulous (re-mastered), Perpetual Black Second, Rational Gaze (re-mastered), Spasm (re-mastered), Stengah, Straws Pulled At Random (re-mastered).

1. Xasthur

- I found this band on a post on Fur Affintiy Forums's metal thread in the form of the band's song "Screaming At Forgotten Fears" and I loved it. I then decided to check out more from the band, then wound up downloading all seven of their full-length albums (80+ songs) and listened to them all, liking mostly all of them. They are also probably the darkest band I've ever heard.

Songs: Screaming At Forgotten Fears, Dreams Blacker Than Death, Legion of Sin and Necromancy, Legacy of Human Irrelevance, This Abyss Holds The Mirror, Apparitional Void of Failure, A Gate Through Bloodstained Mirrors, Slaughtered Useless Beings In A Nihilistic Dream, Abysmal Depths Are Flooded, Sigils Made Of Flesh And Trees, The Only Blood That Pours Is Yours, Walker of Dissonant Worlds, etc.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 01:55:34 AM by Shakat »
  • Signature art by: Puncia

Offline Scar WhiteDream

• Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
  • Art by Soryane :)
    • Awards
  • Species: Pure artic Husky
  • Coloring: Black fur with white belly. Paws are ¾ black and ¼ white. Tail is white`^ with a black stripe all the way. Ears are white too and I have black spiked hair.
  • Height: 5'6" ½
  • Weight: 179 LBS
  • Build: Well shaped
  • Currently: On the edge of a breakdown =/
« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2011, 05:02:17 AM »
I realised I've made my Top 5 out of 80's metal and I think I should make a Top 5 of Today's metal ^-^ ... So here I go :) :

5. Children Of Bodom

Reason: This band is one of the today's metal bands I respect the most as they bring a very powerful melodic metal into all those bands today. The signer's voice is incradeble and his screamin is still yet understandable ^-^ . That's music I like

Songs : In Your Face, Are You Dead Yet?, If You Want Peace... Prepare For War, Follow The Reaper, Bed of Razors, Everytime I Die, Done With Everything; Die For Nothing

4. As I Lay Dying

Reason : This band brings powerful breakdowns that makes me want to thrash like no other metalcore bands. I get this anger, but also this peace from listening to their awesome songs... And the bassist's clean voice is so... so... Makes me think his voice came right down from heaven  :o

Songs: Through Struggle, The Sound Of Truth, Nothing Left, I Never Wanted (great song to hear the bassist's voice), Elegy, Parallels

3. Hatebreed

Reason: This band is one of my latest discoveries and to be truthfull, it's a band I never thought I'd like thas much. Hatebreed brings punk into the core industry along with some awesome lyrics. Music is simple but the tone used is so powerful and makes me want to rage and jump everywhere when I listen to them. I tend to say that the signing is close to rap but I don't know, the signer has something that keeps me from qualifying that signing "rap".

Songs: In Ashes They Shall Reap, Everyone Bleeds Now, I Will Be Heard, Straight To Your Face, Live For This, Beholder Of Justice, Destroy Everything, Never Let It Die

2. Disturbed

Reason: This band... There was many ups and downs with them... I loved this band, hated this band... But now, I'm here to love them now =D ... Their music takes me into the roots of pure metal, but transplanted into today's era. I feel every power of their notes, their words. I feel connected to every songs of them... Just plain like that...

Songs: Down With The Sickness, The Animal, The Night, Indestructable, 10,000 Fists, Land Of Confusion, Inside The Fire, Stricken

1. Lamb Of God

Reason: This band... They make do more than thrash... They make me mosh AND thrash. It's like the feeling of Children Of Bodom... But 100 000X more agressive. I don't know where the signer takes his breath to scream that long  o.O and I like the drums' double pedals. The riffs are heavy, the breakdowns are more than awesome... It's a band that makes me want to mosh... even if I'm alone on the sidewalk while taking a walk in my town with my Ipod on XD

Songs: Ruin, Laid To Rest, Hourglass, Now You've Got Something To Die For, Blood Of The Scribe, Ashes Of The Wake, Omerta, Black Label, Pretty much all the "Sacrement" Album, Grace
Be an Angel, play like a Devil... Rock is my live, so I'll be a Badass Angel.

Puncia's Fundraising Project

Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailent, "If I live I will kill you, if I die you are forgiven." Such as the rule of honor. - Lamb of God

Offline Gen

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Blue Husky
    • Awards
  • Species: Husky
  • Build: Semi-Feminine Male
  • Currently: Cutting people with my tongue, be careful.
« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2011, 12:22:56 AM »
I'll do this...

5) Garbage/Hole; I have to tie these two, they are very similar in some songs, and I love both of them. Though I am slightly attached to Courtney Love's vocals. Both female leads, but I enjoy Garbage's instrumentals more than Hole's.
Songs I recommend:
Hole: Violet, Jennifer's Body
Garbage: Bleed Like Me, Why Do You Love Me?

4) Cobra Starship;
I learned about these guys from the movie Jennifer's Body. I fell in love with their dance-rock sound. I continued to look at them, and discovered their first album. I grew fond of them quickly.
Songs I recommend; "Send My Love to the Dance Floor I'll See You in Hell," "Keep it Simple," "Move Like You Gonna Die" and their remix of Fall Out Boy's "I Dont Care"

3) Type O Negative;
I really like this band. They've got this awesome trudging metal sound, with slightly prog instrumentals as well. The songs and albums are usually long, and lyrical themes are dark(for my tastes anyway). I'm also a fan of Pete Steele(RIP)'s at times haunting vocals(something I loved from Tool as well). I'm also fond of their guitar riffs.
Songs I recommend; "I Know You're ----ing Someone Else," "I Don't Wanna Be Me," "Black No. 1(Miss Scare-All)"

2) Kesha;
Yes, really. And before someone says "But all her songs are about getting wasted!" or "She has no talent whatsoever." You probably haven't listened to any of her songs besides maybe a single, or are just spitting words from others' mouths. If you don't like her it's fine but yawn, criticize all her work if you wish to critics her in general. Okay I like Kesha mostly because I like electropop. Plus some of her lyrics(excluding quite a large part of her singles) are well thought out.
Recommended songs; "Heart Fall Out," "Dancing With Tears in My Eyes," "Blind," "Stuck Up," "True Love," "Get in Line"

1) Hawthorne Heights
The only thing I really dislike about these guys is the fanbase. But as I listen to music because I like it, it doesn't bother me. I honestly like their last two albums the most. I'm not a huge fan of post-hardcore, but I am a huge pop-punk fan. Unfortunately for the man who died, these guys get a lot of "their only talent is buried six feet under" because people seem to forget there's more to a band besides a screaming vocalist and a third guitar. I think these guys get the song structure really well, and do very well for the genre.
Songs I recommend; "Drive," "Unforgivable," "Hollywood and Vine," "Somewhere in Between," "Come Back Home," "321."

New Number 1) Breathe Carolina
I seriously got their new album last night at 3am. And I was sooooo excited when I was getting it, I was jumping around and stuff. And now I see why. When it comes to the instrumentals and songs, they usually just seem to do everything right. The advancement in the three albums is an obvious one, but that doesn't mean its not good. It's probably better because they still kinda have their original style and the style of their last album in the new one, while its very new.
Recommended Songs; "Blackout," "Waiting," "Take it Back," their cover of "Down," "Welcome to Savannah," "Can I Take You Home?" "Velvet," "Diamonds," "The Birds and the Bees," "Classified"

The reaon why I didn't put Breathe Carolina is I wanted to wait til their I got their new album to see if they had changed as much as everybody says they have, and if it was bad.

I tried to make an honest list and it's hard when you listen to several genres. >\\\\<
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 04:10:48 PM by Gen »
Regards;
~Gen(陣らー元始)

Offline Kyriin

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2011, 11:45:58 AM »
As I did mention in an earlier post here, my favourite bands change :P

I can't exactly say much on why I like these next bands apart from the fact I just love how they sound in general :3 I'm not the best at stating why I like things. I usually come up with "because I just do!"

In no particular order:

Breathe Carolina - I like some of their lyrics and their style.

Blood on the Dancefloor - I know, they have pretty explicit lyrics, but I feel a sense of confidence in them. They kinda give out a 'I don't give a crap about all of you! :D" vibe, and I like that.

Röyksopp - They just sound amazing. I reccommend the song 'Röyksopp Forever'

And without change, Crystal Castles and Paramore remains on my all-time (for now xD) favourite list.

Offline Karma Moonshadow

• Chatty Cheetah
  • The blood of the wicked is my life support.
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Pure white
  • Height: 5' 9"
  • Weight: Light
  • Build: Lithe and wiry
« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2011, 11:06:06 PM »
Mine keep changing as I discover new stuff. My style is changing too.

1 - Atreyu
2 - Killswitch Engage
3 - Three Days Grace
4 - Disturbed
5 - Nightwish
...So can you tell me what exactly does freedom mean, if I'm not free to be as twisted as I wanna be?

- Disturbed, "Divide"

Offline Cifero Windtail

• Velvety Vole
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Poster
  • I never give up... so don't push me. >_<
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Crat Feline-crow mix. (Just found out.... I HAVE FRACKING WINGS!!) (SO freaked out!!)
  • Coloring: Grey with dark grey stripes, Black hair, light blue scleras and blue corneas,
  • Height: 5' 10&quot;
  • Weight: 89 lbs. and then about 50 more (about 139 lbs.); he's fit, but he's not muscular. Has a bit of an outie.
  • Build: Lithe but wiry; a little soft around the middle, but it's hardly noticeable; he's actually got a rather feminine form.
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Holding out for a hero... but always having to save myself.
« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2011, 12:06:50 AM »
Another of my favorite bands: The Bay City Rollers.
  • Avatar by: I have three or four great ones: one by Sabah and a few by Lovableoutcast/Kishi... and also this one, drawn by Kayato/ Kaya... thanks guys. ^_^
  • Signature art by: I just want to tell you, the reference is a link to my other fursona.  Also: http://www.sanger.dk/
(I love my sister) http://www.zark.com http://www.zark.com/pages2/az66/az66b.html
Don't mess with Grammaton Clerics. THEY WILL END YOU.

Offline DogWolfForever

• Avid Aardvark
  • Who's in the dog house now!!!!!!!!!!
  • Species: Emo Wolf
  • Coloring: White, black chest
  • Height: 6'1"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: average/athletic
« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2011, 07:36:44 PM »
5. Weezer: New Man Rivers need I say more. One of the nerdiest but Epic bands ever.

4. Nirvana: My dad jammed their awesome music in my head from 2 to 9 years old. Rip KB

3 .Rise Against: Words can not describe. The energy from the music and the band them selves. You have to see them live it's mind blowing.

2. Jack White: The best guitarist of the latest ten years. No matter what been he's in or fronts he still rocks the house.

1. My Chemical Romance: oh... Theirs a lot to be said. One major reason the band helped me see my way though I dark time in my life. And Frank Iero , Gerard Way, Mikey Way, Ray Toro. Best band line up ever. We miss you Bob Byrar. Hope you come back soon.
Wolf Forever

Offline Cifero Windtail

• Velvety Vole
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Poster
  • I never give up... so don't push me. >_<
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Crat Feline-crow mix. (Just found out.... I HAVE FRACKING WINGS!!) (SO freaked out!!)
  • Coloring: Grey with dark grey stripes, Black hair, light blue scleras and blue corneas,
  • Height: 5' 10&quot;
  • Weight: 89 lbs. and then about 50 more (about 139 lbs.); he's fit, but he's not muscular. Has a bit of an outie.
  • Build: Lithe but wiry; a little soft around the middle, but it's hardly noticeable; he's actually got a rather feminine form.
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Holding out for a hero... but always having to save myself.
« Reply #37 on: July 24, 2011, 04:04:30 AM »
I'm a Banana!
  • Avatar by: I have three or four great ones: one by Sabah and a few by Lovableoutcast/Kishi... and also this one, drawn by Kayato/ Kaya... thanks guys. ^_^
  • Signature art by: I just want to tell you, the reference is a link to my other fursona.  Also: http://www.sanger.dk/
(I love my sister) http://www.zark.com http://www.zark.com/pages2/az66/az66b.html
Don't mess with Grammaton Clerics. THEY WILL END YOU.

Offline Sij

• Boisterous Bear
  • Probably the coolest fox ever.
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: White fur
  • Height: 5 Feet 11 Inches
  • Weight: 155 pounds
  • Build: In very good physical shape, lots of muscle, but it's lean and not bulky at all.
  • Currently: Glad to be back in the US of A. :)
« Reply #38 on: August 03, 2011, 01:44:39 PM »

1: Wintersun - A Melodic Death Metal band in Finland. The best band ever in my opinion. A perfect combination of singing and screaming. And absolutely awe inspiring lyrics and instrumentals.

2: 10 Years - Although, they are becoming really mainstream, their first two albums are absolutely the best non-screamo albums I've ever heard. Wonderful, wonderful lyrics, and vocals.

3: The Browning - The MOST PERFECT combination between techno and death metal I've ever heard. Absolutely amazing.

4: Senses Fail - They're a pretty good band I can listen to them at any time really.

5: The Used - A pretty good band with a unique personality and sound to them.
Die the same way you were born, screaming and bathed in blood.
Who and what are simple questions, but why, will always make people cower. - My friend Eamon
The ones going into battle expecting the worst, are also prepared for the worst. - Me
Is the glass half empty or half full? If empty, you can still drink out of a half empty cup. - Me
Don't be stupid. - Me

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

Offline WhiteTiger89

• Eager Elephant
    • Awards
  • Species: Winged Siberian Tiger
  • Coloring: White fur with black stripes, sapphire blue eyes, black wings
  • Height: 6'2&quot;
  • Weight: 185 lbs.
  • Build: Tall with lean muscles.
« Reply #39 on: August 03, 2011, 09:34:43 PM »
You know, in reading all of these, I'm glad to know I'm not the only fan of Disturbed here. :P
"Avenged Drunkenfold, Disdrunked, and Drunken Force!" - Mike Wengren, drummer for Disturbed.

Offline Scar WhiteDream

• Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
  • Art by Soryane :)
    • Awards
  • Species: Pure artic Husky
  • Coloring: Black fur with white belly. Paws are ¾ black and ¼ white. Tail is white`^ with a black stripe all the way. Ears are white too and I have black spiked hair.
  • Height: 5'6" ½
  • Weight: 179 LBS
  • Build: Well shaped
  • Currently: On the edge of a breakdown =/
« Reply #40 on: August 05, 2011, 03:25:43 AM »
You know, in reading all of these, I'm glad to know I'm not the only fan of Disturbed here. :P

You'l NEVAH be the only Disturbed fan  B)
Be an Angel, play like a Devil... Rock is my live, so I'll be a Badass Angel.

Puncia's Fundraising Project

Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailent, "If I live I will kill you, if I die you are forgiven." Such as the rule of honor. - Lamb of God

Offline josh_down

• Dancing Dragon
    • Awards
  • Species: Herbivorous Lion
« Reply #41 on: August 05, 2011, 11:03:57 PM »
this is a bit of a laugh... why not? i'll keep this as punk/rock/hardcore bands so that people will have heard of them... though something tells me that won't help matters very much. this will also fluctuate frequently, so this is just a representation of the past weeks/month.

1 . planes mistaken for stars ... bit of an oddball band with a very strange front-man

2 . fugazi ... kinda old now. they joined the blasphemous boundary between straight edge and emo in the early 90s

3 . million dead ... frank turner's old band. only had two albums but boy were they good

4 . nofx ... melodic hardcore/punk band that's been going since the dawn of time

5 . reuben ... british hardcore band... well worth a listen
The further on I go, all the less i know.
I can't find...
only us, breathing;
only us, sleeping;
only us, dreaming;
only us

Offline icy wolf

• the lone wolf
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf dog
  • Coloring: white
  • Height: 5.11 ft
  • Weight: 165 pounds
  • Build: medium
  • Currently: beeing playfull
« Reply #42 on: August 06, 2011, 02:54:13 PM »
only 5 this is hard

1 Metallica
2 night wish
3 cradle of filth
4 slayer
5 demiu rongi   
shadow hide you   

my fall will be for you, my love will be for you, if you are the one to cut me so i will bleed for ever

[/size]

FCX[wolf dog=]m3acdrsw A C++ D++++ H+++ M? P++ R T++ W Z Sm RLS a cn+ e+ f++ h* i+~+ j+ p sm+

^ furry code

Offline MiltoniusPrime

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
  • Species: Bat/snake hybrid.
  • Coloring: Mostly skin, occasionally tan fur.
  • Height: 6'
  • Weight: 155 lbs.
  • Build: Thin but athletic.
« Reply #43 on: August 15, 2011, 06:53:14 PM »
1.  Electric Six
2.  Ramones
3.  Siouxsie & the Banshees
4.  MC Lars/MC Frontalot/YTCracker (three-way tie)
5.  Tobacco/Black Moth Super Rainbow (basically the same thing)

Runner-ups include:
Black Sabbath - love them, but less so in their later albums/Dio years.
Type O Negative - haven't listened to all of their albums yet, so couldn't put them in the top 5.
David Bowie - see above, massive range of genres, can't say I love every single album he's put out
Busdriver - amazing rapper, awesome wit/wordplay.
Karmella's Game - local synthrock/pop band, lots of amazing keyboard/harmonies.

Offline josh_down

• Dancing Dragon
    • Awards
  • Species: Herbivorous Lion
« Reply #44 on: August 16, 2011, 12:07:46 PM »
1.  Electric Six
2.  Ramones
3.  Siouxsie & the Banshees
4.  MC Lars/MC Frontalot/YTCracker (three-way tie)
5.  Tobacco/Black Moth Super Rainbow (basically the same thing)

Runner-ups include:
Black Sabbath - love them, but less so in their later albums/Dio years.
Type O Negative - haven't listened to all of their albums yet, so couldn't put them in the top 5.
David Bowie - see above, massive range of genres, can't say I love every single album he's put out
Busdriver - amazing rapper, awesome wit/wordplay.
Karmella's Game - local synthrock/pop band, lots of amazing keyboard/harmonies.

whueyy!!! someone else who's heard of black moth super rainbow. i remember first getting into them when i was 17. they're an example of a band who's music purely exists to be cool, which is in effect what music should be all about. i love 'em
The further on I go, all the less i know.
I can't find...
only us, breathing;
only us, sleeping;
only us, dreaming;
only us