The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Your top 5 of band/artists  (Read 9687 times)

Offline Scar WhiteDream

• Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
  • Art by Soryane :)
    • Awards
  • Species: Pure artic Husky
  • Coloring: Black fur with white belly. Paws are ¾ black and ¼ white. Tail is white`^ with a black stripe all the way. Ears are white too and I have black spiked hair.
  • Height: 5'6" ½
  • Weight: 179 LBS
  • Build: Well shaped
  • Currently: On the edge of a breakdown =/
Your top 5 of band/artists
« on: June 01, 2011, 07:23:12 AM »
Hmmmmm... I've checked and I haven't seen a topic on that. I know that their was actually a Top 5 song (which I don't want to take the chance to answer as the last post is older than 2 weeks)... But the concept is the same:

- Name your top 5 artist/band and the reason why you chose them

So here is mine ^-^ :

5 - Steve Vai

reason : He is an incradeble guitarist. His techniques are awesome and I always had a weak spot for anything progressive... And this guy clearly shows how music is played.

Best songs to check out : Tender Surender, Bad Horsie, Now we run

4- Metallica

reason: This band is one of the bands I admire for their courage of going on even with Cliff's death... They had a lot of things but always managed to pull through and give us one of the major and best thrash metal on earth.

Best song to check out : Master of Puppets, ride The Lightning, Blackened, All Nightmare Long, Of Wolf and Man

3 - Megadeth

reason: I have to say... This band managed to distrone Metallica... I find something more unique, more powerful in Mustain's music. Even if they did took some risks in their music, I find that they always stayed true to their Thrash Metal roots, ehich was something Metallica seemed to have forgotten after ... And Justice For All. Plus, Mustin's solos are way more faster and way more headbagning than Hammett's but that's my opinion... I still listen to both bands a lot.

Best songs to check out: Holy Wars... The Punishment Due, This Day We Fight!, Sweating Bullets, Five Magics, 1,320, Hangar 18, Kick The Chair

2- Dream Theater

reason: remember I said having a weakness for progressive music? Well this band clearly redefines it... From A to Z. They even went over the masters of the progressive... Pink Floyd, rush and Yes!... Their basis are these influences but brought in a such powerfull way... Their music... is just awesome... The essence of Progressive metal... is clearly this band.

Best songs to check: A Nightmare To remember, A rite Of Passage, As I am, Forsaken, Another Day, Pull Me Under, Panic attack

1- Iron Maiden

reason: This band... Is my major life influence. Their music is just powerfull, entertaining and the subjects of their songs are awesome. Bruce Dickinson has this voice that no signer can have other than him. Their music drives me off and the fact that they have over 35 years of musical life and still is active prooves that metal will never die... They were one of the bands that stay true to their original roots, which is heavy metal (being part of the NWOBHM). And my major influent guitarist is no more than Dave Murray... He has this blues touch brought in a metal way that sounds so awesome... Plus, he is always calm and in his own world in every show he makes... Iron Maiden changed my life...

Best songs to check out: Fear Of the Dark, run to the hills, Powerslave, Aces High, Wasted Years, The Trooper, The Number Of The Beast, Brave New Word, Blood Brothers, Dance Of Death, No More Lies, When The Wild Wind Blows and many many more.

Up to you guys ^-^
Be an Angel, play like a Devil... Rock is my live, so I'll be a Badass Angel.

Puncia's Fundraising Project

Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailent, "If I live I will kill you, if I die you are forgiven." Such as the rule of honor. - Lamb of God

Offline Gelidus

• Kuddly Kitten
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'll freeze your soul
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf/Falcon
  • Coloring: blue, tan, brown, and white
  • Height: 6'1''
  • Weight: 190 lb
  • Build: Althetically slender
  • Currently: PONIES!
Re: Your top 5 of band/artists
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2011, 08:11:21 AM »
Hmm...seems like an interesting topic...The Asterisks* mean my favorite song from the band

Number 5: Three Days Grace (Possible replacements for #5: All That Remains, Slipknot, Skillet, Breaking Benjamin, Chevelle...the list goes on...)

WAY too mainstream for my preference. But its had to find anything that ISN'T. Still, a solid band with a great singer and some good themes in their songs. Sometimes great guitar riffs and good singing are all you need to make a song great.

Song to check out: Riot, Pain, I Hate Everything About You, Animal I Have Become*, Never Too Late

Number 4: Bullet for my Valentine

So much anger and frustration is put in their songs and the're very easy to relate to. There becoming too main-stream for my taste though. I preferred The Poison album over there newer stuff. They are very hardcore and their songs seem full of more emotion then other bands. A solid band worthy of the number 4 spot.

Songs to check out: Hand of Blood, The Poison, All These Things I Hate (Revolve Around Me), Your Betrayal*, Four Words to Choke Upon, Waking the Demon

Number 3: Linkin Park

More specifically the older Linkin Park. Mostly stuff from Minutes to Midnight and earlier. Chester is just so talented as a singer/screaming that you can't ignore him. Also their songs do a wonderful job of bringing in emotion. Only major problem I have with them is that their songs are very short, so you get over them quickly. I like longer songs which brings me to my number 1/2...

Song to check out: Bleed it Out, Breaking the Habit*, Given Up, In The End, Papercut, Numb, Somewhere I Belong, Crawling, In Pieces

Number 1/2: Metallica, Tool

This is a huge tie. Both bands are EXTREMELY talented. I could EASILY get lost in both of these bands songs. Maynards singing is off the charts, but Hammett guitars skill are unbelievable. I'd like to think one of them is more impressive then the other, but I just can't say that. The only thing that might put me in Tools favor is the fact that ALL of Metallica's stuff isn't great. Load and Reload were a complete bust (IMO). However, they made it up by showing they can do so many different styles of music. The decision of this one is just too hard for me to make especially with their styles so different, so I had to leave it as 1/2...

Songs to check (Metallica): Orion, To Live is to Die, Call of Cthulu*, One, Master of Puppets, Sanitarium, Cyanide, Suicide and Redemption

Songs to check (Tool): Vicarious*, H., Right in Two, Wings for Marie (1+2), Forty Six and Two, Lateralus, Ticks and Leeches (hell, check out all their songs)
Love is only a feeling.
A feeling of security, a feeling of happiness, a feeling of lust, a feeling of belonging.
A feeling we need.
We may think we can live life without it, but a life without it would be boring, meaningless, and depressing.
Love controls us. Without love, we are nothing. With it, nothing else in the world matters
Love is only a feeling.
A feeling that makes life worth living or dying

Offline Scar WhiteDream

• Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Black fur with white belly. Paws are ¾ black and ¼ white. Tail is white`^ with a black stripe all the way. Ears are white too and I have black spiked hair.
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2011, 12:27:02 PM »
Well, you know... I have to agree with you on Load and reload... Not their best musical move... That's a bit why I said Megadeth distroned Metallica... Metallica went out of their roots while Megadeth lways keep that Thrash influence, even in the "risk" album...

Now, if you do love long music, you have to check out Dream Theater... You will love them... Epic 12 to 42 minutes songs they have =D Check that out... Progressive is, in my opinion, a mojor key of diversity :)

Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailent, "If I live I will kill you, if I die you are forgiven." Such as the rule of honor. - Lamb of God

Offline Self-sain

• The Unlikely Love
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • black and white isn't to bad
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Foat (Bat/Fox)
  • Coloring: purpule
  • Height: 5'7
  • Weight: 112
  • Build: thin some tone
  • Currently: Done with everything
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2011, 01:14:38 PM »
name: KoRn
Reason: Their songs just get me so pumped and the feeling that is felt through t heir music so strong, definitely felt.
Songs: Trash, liar, shoots and latters, coming undone

Name: Ice cube
Reason: The best rapper of all time (IMO), his lyrics are actually very articulated and intelligent, not to mention they are so controversy and powerful. Anyone with any rap influence has to thank Ice cube to making rap what it is, with out Ice cube, N.W.A., Dr.Dre, 2PAC, and Biggy wouldn't of ever of gotten to where they were.
Songs: Today was a good day, Gangster rap made me do it, hood mentality

Name: SOAD (system of a down) (and all soul nonsense)
Reason: Their song can easily be related to, they question society which I love, and
sometimes their songs are so freaking bad they just can't help but blow your ear drums out.
Songs: ATWA, sugar, chop suey, Lonely day

Name: MM (Marilyn manson)
Reason: This is the man I got to when I'm hurting, when I'm angry, when I'm alone. His songs connect to every emotion, every fiber I am. I have yet to find a feeling he can't help me satisfy in my time of need. I can say that no matter what any one says, regardless of what antics he pulls (aka boob job), I can't but see him for an intellectual human being.
Songs: (just go get his "last we forget album") The reflecting god, the nobodies, Tourniquet, and Holloween :p

Name: Msi (mindless self indulgence)
Reason: They = amazing. They don't care what other people think, they say what they want, they just break boundaries, no one else is like them.
Songs: Make me c__ (demo), Fa___, played, shut me up, bull s___, bring the pain, and Never wanted to dance (part remix)
if you ever want to see Lil Johny again...
YOU WILL LOOK D:<

Offline Gelidus

• Kuddly Kitten
  • I'll freeze your soul
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf/Falcon
  • Coloring: blue, tan, brown, and white
  • Height: 6'1''
  • Weight: 190 lb
  • Build: Althetically slender
  • Currently: PONIES!
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2011, 04:52:19 PM »
Well, you know... I have to agree with you on Load and reload... Not their best musical move... That's a bit why I said Megadeth distroned Metallica... Metallica went out of their roots while Megadeth lways keep that Thrash influence, even in the "risk" album...

Now, if you do love long music, you have to check out Dream Theater... You will love them... Epic 12 to 42 minutes songs they have =D Check that out... Progressive is, in my opinion, a mojor key of diversity :)

See thats the reason I like Metallica over Megadeth. They have the ability to be thrash, and they have the ability to do slower stuff as well. Personally I don't understand why people prefer Mustain's guitar skills over Hammet's. Hammet just has this ability to put so much more emotion into the guitar. Mustain just never seemed to accomplish that for me. This is probly why I don't like the Kill em' All album all too much. Also, i can't stand Megadeths singer. He makes me want to pull my ear drums out. Obviously that just a personal preference :P IMO Metallica wins hands down.

I'll definitely have to check out Dream Theater. I've never heard of them until now.
Love is only a feeling.
A feeling of security, a feeling of happiness, a feeling of lust, a feeling of belonging.
A feeling we need.
We may think we can live life without it, but a life without it would be boring, meaningless, and depressing.
Love controls us. Without love, we are nothing. With it, nothing else in the world matters
Love is only a feeling.
A feeling that makes life worth living or dying

Offline Pea

• Pea is Me
  • Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Everything is happening.
  • Species: Vine Snake
  • Coloring: Dark green scales with deep poisonous green eyes.
  • Build: Teeny
  • Currently: slithering hither
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2011, 05:30:54 PM »
KoRn: All time favorite band. I know almost every song of theirs by heart. I consider Jonathan Davis to be the greatest vocalist alive! And the bass guitar is amazing.

Tech N9ne: Favorite artist of all time. Also heard and know just about every song of his. He's got a unique style, only plays underground and not mainstream, and he lives in the same town I do! :D

Nile: Favorite death metal band of all time. Actually it's the only band I listen to in that genre. I like how technical they are and how unfocused on blood, gore and hatred to religion they are.

Lapfox: Not sure what to call them but they make me feel like a true scaly!  ^_^

Can't think of anything else off the top of muh head so.... G'bye! :D
  • Avatar by: Me, colored by Evnamishko

Offline Kyriin

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once.
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2011, 08:17:56 AM »
My favourite bands and such change most of the time, but here are the 5 I like most at the moment.

Foster the People, because their music sounds good and they're different.

September, because she's Swedish and makes good music also.

My Chemical Romance, because I love a lot of their lyrics. I think they come up with some genius words. I don't listen to the often anymore, though.

Crystal Castles, they also sound quite good and like Foster the People, are a nice change to the mainstream music I've weened myself off of in the past year or so.

Paramore, idk they just sound good as well. :B

Offline Taco <3

• Chatty Cheetah
  • Nom Nom Blub >.<
    • Awards
  • Species: Dragon-Bunny
  • Coloring: Black, Blue
  • Height: 5'8"
  • Build: Average
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2011, 02:29:21 PM »
5. Black Eyed Peas
reason- they do everything (and Taboo is AMAZING)
fave song- (then)shut up, (now) just can't get enough
4. Three Days Grace
reason- they are just amazing i love their music
fave song- riot
3.Blood On The Dance Floor
reason- they are so much fun to listen to
fave song- It's on like donkey kong
2. Lil Wayne
reason- he is out there he is fun and i just love his music (even though some collabos make me sick
fave song- No love (ft. Eminem)
1.Fighting Gravity
reason- i have listened to them since I was little and the lead singer is great to talk to (i have his numbahhh)
fave song- I disagree
(btw EMINEM IS AMAZING AS WELL!!!!)
  • Signature art by: Grisli
CLICK THIS IF YEW WANT TEW LIVE!!!!
R.I.P Samuel Harrison Jr.
         June 7-May 3
I owns teh tail of LonelyKat232

Offline NJMike

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • My YouTube
    • Awards
  • Species: Crux
  • Coloring: Black and gray
  • Height: 6'2
  • Weight: 150 lbs.
  • Build: Athletic/toned, very flexible.
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2011, 07:28:18 PM »
5. Wolves In The Throne Room

- One of my furry friends got me into this band. They're ambient black metal and sound pretty good to me. Also for some reason the blast beats on the drums in most of their songs is what got me hooked and a lot of their songs are 10+ minutes.

Songs: I Will Lay Down My Bones Among The Rocks and Roots, Cleansing, Wanderer Through The Sea of Fog, Crystal Ammunition, Ex Cathedra, Behold The Vastness and Sorrow, Ahrimanic Trance.

4. Bring Me The Horizon.

- I was going to my first concert ever March 11th, 2011, and this was one of the bands that was going to play there. I have never heard their music before so I wanted to acquaint myself with them via listening to their songs on YouTube. I liked what I heard, continued listening, and started to really like them. They were pretty good in concert as well.

Songs: Crucify Me, It Never Ends, Chelsea Smile, Diamonds Aren't Forever, The Comedown, Visions, Black & Blue, Liquor & Love Lost,  Pray For Plagues.

3. The Black Dahlia Murder.

- It's funny I actually discovered this band from seeing a kid's shirt in school of the band. I decided to check them out when I got home, and, much like the above band, I liked what I heard, continued listening and got myself hooked.

Songs: That Which Erodes The Most Tender of Things, I Will Return, Built for Sin, Statutory Ape.

2. Rotting Christ.

- These guys just make some amazing music. I like their gothic and dark sound on a lot of their songs, although it's a shame their newest Album, Aealo, has strayed away from that sound.

Songs: Among Two Storms, Art of Sin, If It Ends Tomorrow, You Are I, Fateless, You My Cross, Athanati Este, Keravnos Kivernitos, Enuma Elish, Victoriatus, Transform All Suffering Into Plagues, Nemecic, Helios Hyperion, Under The Name of Legion, Demonon Vrosis, dub-sag-ta-ke, Snowing Still, The First Field of the Battle, Non Serviam, Morality of a Dark Age.

1. Meshuggah.

- This is one of the most technical and unique bands I've heard as of yet. Usually I'm not a big fan of technical metal as its complex time signatures and instrument-playing confuse me and lose my interest, but not these guys; I just like how they sound using this.

Songs: Shed, Autonomy Lost/Imprint of the Un-Saved/Disenchantment, The Paradoxial Spiral/Re-Inanimate/Entrapment, Personae Non Gratae/Dehumanization/Sum, Concatenation, Elastic, The Mouth Licking What You've Bled, New Millennium Cyanide Christ, Sublevels, Closed Eye Visuals, Nebulous (re-mastered), Perpetual Black Second, Rational Gaze (re-mastered), Spasm (re-mastered), Stengah, Straws Pulled At Random (re-mastered).
« Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 11:51:04 PM by Shakat »
  • Signature art by: Puncia

Offline Scar WhiteDream

• Noble Newt
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2011, 11:18:37 PM »
2. Papa Roach
- Influenced by generic classic rock and a voice which one will never forget. Sort of simple music, I agree, but the feel of his voice and the way it mixes with the riffs is just plain awesome in my ears. Although I must admit, the truly amazing voice of the vocalist does carry the band quite a bit.

Songs: "...To Be Loved", "My Heart Is a Fist", "Last Resort", "Take Me" and "Time Is Running Out"

1. Bullet For My Valentine
- I Must admit, I rarely listen to this band anymore, but I have always liked them from the first time I heard them (saw their video to "Hand of Blood" on MTV in 2005). Welsh metalcore band with highly emotional lyrics in their earlier days, although slightly downtuned with their latest album. Melodic all the way, with both decent clean and screamed vocals and a sound I just downright love.

Songs: "Tears Don't Fall", "Pretty On The Outside", "Waking The Demon", "Four Words (To Choke Upon)" and "Dignity"

Other songs I can relate to because of their lyrics: "Room 409"

Those bands are good ^-^ you know... I saw the videoclip of "... To be loved" and it took me 3 years to find it because I had forgot the name of the song ><

Post Merge: June 04, 2011, 11:24:47 PM
5. Wolves In The Throne Room

- One of my furry friends got me into this band. They're ambient black metal and sound pretty good to me. Also for some reason the blast beats on the drums in most of their songs is what got me hooked and a lot of their songs are 10+ minutes.

Songs: I Will Lay Down My Bones Among The Rocks and Roots, Cleansing, Wanderer Through The Sea of Fog, Crystal Ammunition, Ex Cathedra, Behold The Vastness and Sorrow.

4. Bring Me The Horizon.

- I was going to my first concert ever March 11th, 2011, and this was one of the bands that was going to play there. I have never heard their music before so I wanted to acquaint myself with them via listening to their songs on YouTube. I liked what I heard, continued listening, and started to really like them. They were pretty good in concert as well.

Songs: Crucify Me, It Never Ends, Chelsea Smile, Diamonds Aren't Forever, The Comedown, Visions, Black & Blue, Liquor & Love Lost,  Pray For Plagues.

1. Meshuggah.

- This is one of the most technical and unique bands I've heard as of yet. Usually I'm not a big fan of technical metal as its complex time signatures and instrument-playing confuse me and lose my interest, but not these guys; I just like how they sound using this.

Songs: Shed, Autonomy Lost/Imprint of the Un-Saved/Disenchantment, The Paradoxial Spiral/Re-Inanimate/Entrapment, Personae Non Gratae/Dehumanization/Sum, Concatenation, Elastic, The Mouth Licking What You've Bled, New Millennium Cyanide Christ, Sublevels, Closed Eye Visuals, Nebulous (re-mastered), Perpetual Black Second, Rational Gaze (re-mastered), Spasm (re-mastered), Stengah, Straws Pulled At Random (re-mastered).

I'll have to go youtube Wolves In The Throne room... It sounds like a good band =D . As for BMTH, I like some of their songs... Not a big fan of metalcore, but I enjoy some of their songs ^-^ . And I'll check Meshuggah... Seems like a good band too :) ... But if you like complex music and time signature, you have to go youtube Dream Theater... They are the essence of progressive metal and it's worth a look :)
« Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 11:24:47 PM by Scar WhiteDream, Reason: Merged DoublePost »

Offline Midnight Madness

• Lucifer 2.0 (Doggo Edition)
  • Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • Absolutely adorable.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lycanroc
  • Height: 5'11"
  • Weight: 175 lbs.
  • Build: Very well toned, intimidating despite his average height.
  • Currently: Guess who.
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2011, 11:47:12 PM »
5. Symphony X
These guys have some seriously hardcore stuff with some extremely articulate wording and intricate songs; I will admit I'm relatively new to them, but I love their Paradise Lost and Iconoclast Albums. They are a symphonic Power Metal Band, and by far they hold a steady fifth spot; despite Muse knocking on the doorstep of said position.

4. Blind Guardian
Also a band I only recently got into. These guys are a Progressive/Power Metal band from Germany, and they specialize in Fantasy themed songs. (See Fly and Straight Through the Mirror.) They hold a firm place in fourth because of their hardcore riffs and very beautiful choir-like sounds. The songs all paint a vivid picture, seeing as very few of them are less than five minutes, so plenty of time is there to tell a tale.

3. Renard Queenston
Possibly one of the most creative and unique electronic artists to date. The sheer mass of songs he's made is awe inspiring, and so many are so good. Jackal Queenston, Renard, and FIAB are my mainstay favorite sub-artists he has for their particular styles. The fact that he tries his hand at Electronic Metal is pretty badass too.

2. System of a Down
Two words: Holy s***. These guys are insane in all the RIGHT ways. They slap a big poster towards mainstream media and defile it in an awesome, and sometimes hilarious, manner. These guys are no-holds-barred, and they are creative in their madness (takes a while to realize).

1. Disturbed
The first Metal band I ever owned an album from. The Sickness, despite me only being a little kid at the time, was my all time favorite album; and this still holds true. Their electronic-like sounds kept it feeling fresh with each song, especially in The Game and Meaning of Life. No less, their lyrics do have a lot of meaning, such as the ones in I'm Alive from Ten Thousand Fists.

Offline Scar WhiteDream

• Noble Newt
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2011, 11:56:54 PM »
4. Blind Guardian
Also a band I only recently got into. These guys are a Progressive/Power Metal band from Germany, and they specialize in Fantasy themed songs. (See Fly and Straight Through the Mirror.) They hold a firm place in fourth because of their hardcore riffs and very beautiful choir-like sounds. The songs all paint a vivid picture, seeing as very few of them are less than five minutes, so plenty of time is there to tell a tale.

1. Disturbed
The first Metal band I ever owned an album from. The Sickness, despite me only being a little kid at the time, was my all time favorite album; and this still holds true. Their electronic-like sounds kept it feeling fresh with each song, especially in The Game and Meaning of Life. No less, their lyrics do have a lot of meaning, such as the ones in I'm Alive from Ten Thousand Fists.

Blind Guardian is an awesome band ^-^ I discovered them with their song called "Valhalla" and soon discovered "The Bard's song" which is making me float every time.

And what to say about Disturbed? I just simply love them too <3 I peronnaly enjoy their "Indestructable" album and of course, the "Ten Thousand fists" one too :)

Offline NJMike

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • My YouTube
    • Awards
  • Species: Crux
  • Coloring: Black and gray
  • Height: 6'2
  • Weight: 150 lbs.
  • Build: Athletic/toned, very flexible.
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2011, 11:58:43 PM »
I'll have to go youtube Wolves In The Throne room... It sounds like a good band =D . As for BMTH, I like some of their songs... Not a big fan of metalcore, but I enjoy some of their songs ^-^ . And I'll check Meshuggah... Seems like a good band too :) ... But if you like complex music and time signature, you have to go youtube Dream Theater... They are the essence of progressive metal and it's worth a look :)

They sure are. You should check out Ahrimanic Trance, my current favorite song from them. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YVLa_NUbDY

I see. Metalcore is alright, but it's more towards the end of my favorite genres.

Well I do have "Through The Dark Eternal Night" by them on my iPod. I listen to more technical death metal than normal technical/progressive metal, though.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 12:01:48 AM by Shakat »
  • Signature art by: Puncia

Offline Scar WhiteDream

• Noble Newt
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2011, 12:13:50 AM »

They sure are. You should check out Ahrimanic Trance, my current favorite song from them. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YVLa_NUbDY

I see. Metalcore is alright, but it's more towards the end of my favorite genres.

Well I do have "Through The Dark Eternal Night" by them on my iPod. I listen to more technical death metal than normal technical/progressive metal, though.

Oh... I see... Well DT ish a great technical metal band ^-^ Since I'm more of a 80's fan, I tend to enjoy them more then today's music (which I do enjoy too) ... And Listening to the song right now =3

Offline WhiteTiger89

• Eager Elephant
    • Awards
  • Species: Winged Siberian Tiger
  • Coloring: White fur with black stripes, sapphire blue eyes, black wings
  • Height: 6'2&quot;
  • Weight: 185 lbs.
  • Build: Tall with lean muscles.
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2011, 02:50:38 AM »
I'm gonna be posting mine from most to least, I'm having trouble thinking of the list any other way. :P

1. Disturbed
No other band has gotten underneath my skin quite like Disturbed has. The passion and energy in their songs is almost perfectly in tune with my own. I adore how they've managed to mix melody and aggression into their music and how there is a real soul and meaning to the lyrics, not just mindless yelling. Their music is wonderfully cathartic for me.

Favorite Songs: The Animal, Stricken, Down With the Sickness, Inside the Fire, Indestructible, Never Again, Remnants/Asylum (one song broken into two tracks), and The Infection

2. Michael Jackson
I was raised on his music, and for much of my childhood, Michael was the physical embodiment of cool. So much of his material has influenced me. My love of horror movies came from Thriller, my love of sleek cars came from his transformation into one during Moonwalker, and even the way I move and carry myself came from emulating and memorizing his dance moves.

Favorite Songs: They Don't Care About Us, Thriller, Smooth Criminal, Billie Jean, Beat It, Not Alone, Childhood, Scream.

3. Within Temptation
I'll admit, I'm a sucker for things of an epic nature, and this symphonic rock band delivers that in spades. Between the guitar being played against more orchestral type instruments and Sharon den Adel's haunting and ethereal vocals, I get chills listening to many of their songs. For me, they are the calming water to the exciting fire of Disturbed and I love them for it.

Favorite Songs: The Howling, Stand My Ground, Faster, Jillian (I'd Give My Heart), and Forsaken.

4. Linkin Park (pre- A Thousand Suns)
Linkin Park was the first band that made me care about music. Their albums Hybrid Theory and Meteora not only contained a number of high energy songs that I could understand and relate to, but many of their lyrics gave me the basic ideas for some of the books I've written. Sadly, they are no longer the band they once were. If it hadn't been for A Thousand Suns, they might have beaten out Within Temptation for the #3 slot.

5. Dead By Sunrise
Chester Bennington's voice automatically shot this band up the list, as I've always prefered his voice to Mike Shinoda's on Linkin Park's albums. The music itself is a little slower and lighter than I prefer at times, but alternately, some of their songs are wonderfully melodic and haunting. I do hope they release a second album.

Favorite Songs: Too Late, Walking in Circles, Let Down, Morning After.
"Avenged Drunkenfold, Disdrunked, and Drunken Force!" - Mike Wengren, drummer for Disturbed.