The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Your top 5 of band/artists  (Read 9751 times)

Offline MiltoniusPrime

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Bat/snake hybrid.
  • Coloring: Mostly skin, occasionally tan fur.
  • Height: 6'
  • Weight: 155 lbs.
  • Build: Thin but athletic.
Re: Your top 5 of band/artists
« Reply #45 on: August 16, 2011, 05:53:23 PM »
Well thanks.  I'm looking forward to seeing them when they tour Baltimore in September, and I've seen Tobacco perform at the same venue.

Offline NJMike

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum more than once. Top 100 Poster
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • My YouTube
    • Awards
  • Species: Crux
  • Coloring: Black and gray
  • Height: 6'2
  • Weight: 150 lbs.
  • Build: Athletic/toned, very flexible.
« Reply #46 on: August 16, 2011, 08:05:42 PM »
I have revised my top five list again:

1. Xasthur (unchanged)
2. Lifelover (+4)
3. Animals As Leaders (unchanged)
4. Meshuggah (-2)
5. Blut aus Nord (+1)
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 08:08:52 PM by Shakat »
  • Signature art by: Puncia

Offline Revel

• Vibrating Furby
  • the minister of lost souls
    • Awards
  • Species: Otter
  • Coloring: light brown
  • Weight: 130
  • Build: lithe
« Reply #47 on: August 24, 2011, 07:16:52 AM »
.... I just spent a half hour typing all this out, and then the board logged me off and it all got erased :V
I'll add reasons and such later, top 5 bands are
#1 Haken

Reason:  For their wild, intense, and extremely well played music; everything ranging from ragtime to some brutal growling.  The lyrics hold a deeper emotional link and meaning than may seem.  The story behind Aquarius is a sad one, but damn do I love this cd.  The demos are good too, but that's not a concept album.  New cd released in October :3

Songs:  Celestial Elixir, The Point of No Return, Streams, Blind, Black Seed.

#2 Yes

Yes is yes.  Crazy ass hardcore prog to a more lenient and modernized style of progressive.  Theirs is a musical wonderland the likes of which hasn't been seen in a very long time.  Intricate instrumentals, bizarre and wonderful lyrics, all wrapped around a peaceful, earth based core.   [removed]

Songs:  Heart of the Sunrise, Dreamtime, Homeworld, The Revealing Science of God, The Gates of Delirium, Soundchaser.
#3 Dream Theater

Prog metal, delicious, long, and intense.  Dream Theater amply fills that position, leaving little room for competitors, and a lot of room for their own expansion and progress.  With their ever changing style, exquisite solos, and among the best musicians on Earth, their music involves ever changing keys, time signatures, and instruments.  Listening to Dream Theater is a wonderful way to get a little taste of everything that Prog has to offer, without sifting through dozens of gigabytes worth of music to find the style suited to you.

Songs:  Octovarium, In the Presence of Enemies (pt. 1&2), Ministry of Lost Souls, Pull Me Under, A Change of Seasons.

#4 Höstsonaten

This is what I listen to while relaxing, nice, soothing orchestral centered around the seasons.  The light, ambient style is well suited for studying, reading, sleeping... etc.  In my opinion.   I recommend this to anyone, I can hardly think of anyone that wouldn't like such a band.

Songs: Glares of Light, Night Swan II, Entering The Halls of Winter, Rainsuite, Under Stars.

#5 Frogg Café

Frogg Café is weird.  Really weird. They're the only band I've ever seen to write a song warning about Absinthe.  Their almost jazz-like style is such an abomination that it's good.  Really good.   It may be weird, but I'll be damned if it's not interesting.  Frogg Café is only #5 on my list because I have to be in a very, very specific mood to listen to them.   It's not easy listening, it'll take some getting into.   Light, upbeat, and bizarre lyrics compliment an almost sinister, twisted sort of melody.  The two shouldn't fit, but they do.   Definitely give them a listen.

Songs: Terra Sancta, Under Wuhu Sun ( there are 3 parts ), Leave the Absinthe, Move Over I'm Driving, Belgian Boogie Board.

ugh that pisses me off D:  automatic logoff is terrible.  I'll be back!   I swear it! :P
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 08:27:14 AM by Vosur, Reason: Inappropriate Content »
" I'm erratic and bold,
    problematic and mean,
   Enigmatic and cold,
    charismatic and clean."

Offline Scar WhiteDream

• Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
  • Art by Soryane :)
    • Awards
  • Species: Pure artic Husky
  • Coloring: Black fur with white belly. Paws are ¾ black and ¼ white. Tail is white`^ with a black stripe all the way. Ears are white too and I have black spiked hair.
  • Height: 5'6" ½
  • Weight: 179 LBS
  • Build: Well shaped
  • Currently: On the edge of a breakdown =/
« Reply #48 on: August 26, 2011, 03:02:33 AM »
.... I just spent a half hour typing all this out, and then the board logged me off and it all got erased :V
I'll add reasons and such later, top 5 bands are
#1 Haken
#2 Yes
#3 Dream Theater
#4 Höstsonaten
#5 Frogg Café

ugh that pisses me off D:  automatic logoff is terrible.  I'll be back!   I swear it! :P

Awesome to see another DT fan here ^-^ ... I'm going to go see them live in October ^-^
Be an Angel, play like a Devil... Rock is my live, so I'll be a Badass Angel.

Puncia's Fundraising Project

Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailent, "If I live I will kill you, if I die you are forgiven." Such as the rule of honor. - Lamb of God

Offline Revel

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: August 26, 2011, 05:47:48 AM »

Awesome to see another DT fan here ^-^ ... I'm going to go see them live in October ^-^

Lucky bastard.  They're playing live with Haken in Atlanta at Progpower.  I'd give almost anything to go to that show, both them and Haken are playing their new albums...  T_T
" I'm erratic and bold,
    problematic and mean,
   Enigmatic and cold,
    charismatic and clean."

Offline Scar WhiteDream

• Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
  • Art by Soryane :)
    • Awards
  • Species: Pure artic Husky
  • Coloring: Black fur with white belly. Paws are ¾ black and ¼ white. Tail is white`^ with a black stripe all the way. Ears are white too and I have black spiked hair.
  • Height: 5'6" ½
  • Weight: 179 LBS
  • Build: Well shaped
  • Currently: On the edge of a breakdown =/
« Reply #50 on: August 26, 2011, 05:50:09 AM »

Lucky bastard.  They're playing live with Haken in Atlanta at Progpower.  I'd give almost anything to go to that show, both them and Haken are playing their new albums...  T_T

As for me, they're touring along with Trivium in their north american tour ^-^ And I love Trivium very much :3
Be an Angel, play like a Devil... Rock is my live, so I'll be a Badass Angel.

Puncia's Fundraising Project

Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailent, "If I live I will kill you, if I die you are forgiven." Such as the rule of honor. - Lamb of God

Offline Revel

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: August 26, 2011, 05:55:51 AM »

As for me, they're touring along with Trivium in their north american tour ^-^ And I love Trivium very much :3

That would be the show I'm talking about :V  If you go all of the days you'll probably see Haken too.
" I'm erratic and bold,
    problematic and mean,
   Enigmatic and cold,
    charismatic and clean."

Offline icy wolf

• the lone wolf
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf dog
  • Coloring: white
  • Height: 5.11 ft
  • Weight: 165 pounds
  • Build: medium
  • Currently: beeing playfull
« Reply #52 on: August 30, 2011, 03:52:59 AM »
i just found a few new ones

epica and theader of trgatie
shadow hide you   

my fall will be for you, my love will be for you, if you are the one to cut me so i will bleed for ever

[/size]

FCX[wolf dog=]m3acdrsw A C++ D++++ H+++ M? P++ R T++ W Z Sm RLS a cn+ e+ f++ h* i+~+ j+ p sm+

^ furry code

Offline Revel

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: September 01, 2011, 04:24:18 AM »
i just found a few new ones

epica and theader of trgatie

Design Your Universe is easily my favorite symphonic album.  Epica is great now and then, Simone Simmons has a wonderful voice.
" I'm erratic and bold,
    problematic and mean,
   Enigmatic and cold,
    charismatic and clean."

Offline Døvu

• Foxy Fox
  • kik: Dovuu
    • Awards
  • Species: Lion
  • Coloring: dark brown, tan, white, gold
  • Height: Anthro: 6'0 Feral: 4'6
  • Weight: Anthro: 145 Feral: 470
  • Currently: in need of attention
« Reply #54 on: September 03, 2011, 10:22:36 PM »
1. 10 Years
 -their songs evoke some deep emotions, and inspire me to find my own ways to express them. Their songs are not repetitive, and each one definitely has it's own unique feel to it. Each song itself paints a picture in your head, and every time you listen to that song you discover something new in that picture. If you have never heard of this band, I recommend you go on youtube immediately and search for them.

2. Incubus
 -this band, and everything about it, is simply astonishing. The sound of their music brings forth a calm and sated mood, and whenever I'm feeling down or overwhelmed, I listen to the lyrics and immerse myself in them. Just listening to them you can learn a lot about yourself.

3. Breaking Benjamin
 -I listen to these guys when i'm feeling angry, excited, or just feeling like rocking the speakers in my car. They have a broad range of sounds, and is the perfect band to listen to if you are in the mood for some goose-bums.

4. Muse
 - I'm not crazy for ALL of their songs, but they are INSANE to go see live. They know how to put on a show, and certainly know how to make you get off your feet and go crazy.

5. Avenged Sevenfold
 - love this band, and every song they've ever made. Im going to see them live for my birthday next month, and seriously cant wait. I love the passion and emotions these guys weave into every one of their creations. They know how to take the image of a human, and even a more animalistic emotion and process it into sound.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2011, 10:24:26 PM by Dingo Dyl »
FA: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/dovu/

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

Offline Revel

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: September 04, 2011, 08:45:50 AM »
:V  A7x....  I can never understand why people like them.
" I'm erratic and bold,
    problematic and mean,
   Enigmatic and cold,
    charismatic and clean."

Offline MiltoniusPrime

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
  • Species: Bat/snake hybrid.
  • Coloring: Mostly skin, occasionally tan fur.
  • Weight: 155 lbs.
  • Build: Thin but athletic.
« Reply #56 on: September 04, 2011, 09:28:56 AM »
:V  A7x....  I can never understand why people like them.

People like heavier music?  And sometimes they like it heavy, but still understandable and not too progressive/mold-breaking.

I'm not a fan of them, but I can get why people like them.

Spoiler for Hidden:
Doesn't change that I don't like them.  I listened to a fair amount of metal before hearing about them, can't help but feel like they don't bring anything new to the table.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 09:56:56 AM by MiltoniusPrime »

Offline Døvu

• Foxy Fox
  • kik: Dovuu
    • Awards
  • Species: Lion
  • Coloring: dark brown, tan, white, gold
  • Height: Anthro: 6'0 Feral: 4'6
  • Weight: Anthro: 145 Feral: 470
  • Currently: in need of attention
« Reply #57 on: September 04, 2011, 05:04:18 PM »
a big reason i like a7x is that their drummer was my idol, and I think his style of it really rubbed off on me. But however he died :( but thats what happens when you do every drug in the world.
FA: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/dovu/

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

Offline Gen

• Eager Elephant
  • Blue Husky
    • Awards
  • Species: Husky
  • Build: Semi-Feminine Male
  • Currently: Cutting people with my tongue, be careful.
« Reply #58 on: September 06, 2011, 07:24:22 AM »
(bumps) lol o.o

To input to the a7x part, they aren't really that heavy, like Bullet For My Valentine. Good, but not necessarily heavy and extreme. I love A7X's Waking the Fallen. That's the only album of theirs I can listen to start to finish. Also, I love their use of piano. And I seriously like EVERY song BFMV has put out since Hand of Blood. I dunno what it is about them.

....I still prefer electropop though. XD
Regards;
~Gen(陣らー元始)

Offline Cifero Windtail

• Velvety Vole
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter
  • I never give up... so don't push me. >_<
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Crat Feline-crow mix. (Just found out.... I HAVE FRACKING WINGS!!) (SO freaked out!!)
  • Coloring: Grey with dark grey stripes, Black hair, light blue scleras and blue corneas,
  • Height: 5' 10&quot;
  • Weight: 89 lbs. and then about 50 more (about 139 lbs.); he's fit, but he's not muscular. Has a bit of an outie.
  • Build: Lithe but wiry; a little soft around the middle, but it's hardly noticeable; he's actually got a rather feminine form.
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Holding out for a hero... but always having to save myself.
« Reply #59 on: September 10, 2011, 10:11:33 PM »
I like a lot of 80s bands.
  • Avatar by: I have three or four great ones: one by Sabah and a few by Lovableoutcast/Kishi... and also this one, drawn by Kayato/ Kaya... thanks guys. ^_^
  • Signature art by: I just want to tell you, the reference is a link to my other fursona.  Also: http://www.sanger.dk/
(I love my sister) http://www.zark.com http://www.zark.com/pages2/az66/az66b.html
Don't mess with Grammaton Clerics. THEY WILL END YOU.