The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Rants: Everyday Venting  (Read 171305 times)

Offline saph the sergal

• Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
  • a derpy sergal
    • Awards
  • Species: aussie sergal
  • Coloring: black and purple
  • Height: 6 feet
  • Weight: 50 kilograms
  • Build: in shape
  • Currently: hello darkness my old friend
Re: Rants: Everyday Venting
« Reply #6150 on: July 18, 2016, 12:46:20 PM »
i messed up and broke a rule never to read or watch spooky stuff and now i can sleep and i need to be in town in the morning
on land line is a inanimate object under water it has a life of its own

i have a very dry sense of humor be careful around me :D

Offline Bricket

• Whalloping Walrus
  • awards Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Awards
« Reply #6151 on: July 18, 2016, 12:54:51 PM »
Come on you two, what about me? I'm good aren't I? I'm human too. If what you say is true then you'll have to include me in your hatred. If that's what you believe, then there can be no exceptions.

that's what I am worried about, why do you form the exception?

Offline Cecilia Peromi

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Squeak!
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Mouse
  • Coloring: Purple and white
  • Height: 5 foot 4
  • Weight: 170 lbs
  • Build: Slim
« Reply #6152 on: July 18, 2016, 12:59:57 PM »
I know I'm not perfect, I've done bad things before, I've made mistakes. But I'm not evil Bricket, no one is evil.

You should watch some happy stuff Saph, that'll make it easier.
Oh woof

Offline saph the sergal

• Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
  • a derpy sergal
    • Awards
  • Species: aussie sergal
  • Coloring: black and purple
  • Height: 6 feet
  • Weight: 50 kilograms
  • Build: in shape
  • Currently: hello darkness my old friend
« Reply #6153 on: July 18, 2016, 01:02:51 PM »
nah it wont help at all trust me im jumpy as heck the slightest movement makes me jump

also having a person across the the road that hates you and wants to damage property doesnt help
on land line is a inanimate object under water it has a life of its own

i have a very dry sense of humor be careful around me :D

Offline BennyJackdaw

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Meep!
    • Awards
  • Species: Giant Rat
« Reply #6154 on: July 18, 2016, 02:23:20 PM »
Come on you two, what about me? I'm good aren't I? I'm human too. If what you say is true then you'll have to include me in your hatred. If that's what you believe, then there can be no exceptions.

Sometimes I don't even know WHO is good anymore. It feels like I'm LITERALLY the only person who wants to see nature flourish, who's sick of humans portraying themselves as the ultimate being, who has a strong love for animals and wants to help the planet. I feel like no one else wants these things, and that everyone wants humans to continue acting like they're perfect, destroy forests, wipe animals out to extinction and basically destroy the planet.

...Even fellow FURRIES. I used to have so much respect for people here, but even here, people just excuse the evils behind man. No one cares about animals, no one wants to see non-human goodguys in media, everyone's just succumbed to the iron fist of the human race.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2016, 02:34:43 PM by BennyBunnycorn »

Offline ST-84 Sahelanthropus

• Yellow Yak
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • BetrayerOfNihil
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Nanotech Robot
  • Height: Usually 7ft, up to 50ft
  • Currently: A weapon to surpass... well, everything.
« Reply #6155 on: July 18, 2016, 02:32:41 PM »
Man, this U.S. election season sure messed everyone up.

Offline Trixsie Vixen

• Vixen Goddess
  • Global Moderator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • *Giggles*
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Sherwood Fox
  • Coloring: Like a fire in a blizzard
  • Height: 165 cm
  • Weight: 80 kg
  • Build: Curvy
  • Currently: She flies now!?
« Reply #6156 on: July 18, 2016, 03:35:37 PM »

If find talk of good people and bad people too simplistic.  If you create an idealised notion of what a good person is which is not based on reality you set yourself up for disappointment.  People do things for themselves and for their families and for their friends.  Sometimes the reasons are selfish and sometime altruistic. Sometimes the reasons don't even make sense.  And sometimes whether the outcomes are good or bad are an emergent property of the difference of peoples own priorities. People do things for strangers with no expectation of reward but also like to label groups to hate.  Human babies, more than any other primate, innately help others without reward. AND we make war.

Humans are simply a mixed bag.  Yes it's awful that we as a species do terrible things, but without us the world is indifferent.  Natural selection is a brutal mechanism of wasted life on an incomprehensible scale.  Without humans there would be no good or evil.  But suffering would remain.

The old graffito is trite but true, "there is no justice, just us".  Now if you want to be pessimistic about whether we as a species will do better and act as caretakers for all species rather than just gratuitously continue raping the planet like natural resource all-you-can-eat buffet, fine.  There is certainly reason to be pessimistic.  But any hope of doing better will not come from dumbing down the problems.

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
    • Awards
« Reply #6157 on: July 18, 2016, 03:53:06 PM »
I had a big rant planned out, but Trixsie did great here, too. I have more to add, but I'll save it for another time.

That said, please drop the discussion and take it to PM or a new thread.

I suggest people who have massive rants like this make a thread for it, as this long tangent thing is happening in here quite a lot lately. It's fine to chime in on people's rants, but there's a point where it gets excessive. We have an entire rant board for this reason. :P

Offline Cecilia Peromi

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Squeak!
    • Discord
    • Awards
« Reply #6158 on: July 18, 2016, 03:56:33 PM »
Hai Evna :3
Oh woof

Offline Grey

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Most Online
  • Imma wolfcoon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: A wolfcoon!
  • Coloring: Mostly grey, with varying shades
  • Height: 5ft, 3in
  • Weight: 7st
  • Build: Slim, short, fluffy
  • Currently: Relieved and happy!
« Reply #6159 on: July 18, 2016, 03:57:38 PM »
I'm trying to get work done, but between constant interruptions from family asking if I really am working, excessive heat melting my brain and a rubbish internet connection I've barely got anything done.
People make omellettes with butter? Ew!

Offline Midnight Madness

• Lucifer 2.0 (Doggo Edition)
  • Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Poster Top 10 Topic Starter
  • Absolutely adorable.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lycanroc
  • Height: 5'11"
  • Weight: 175 lbs.
  • Build: Very well toned, intimidating despite his average height.
  • Currently: Guess who.
« Reply #6160 on: July 18, 2016, 06:35:56 PM »
People who are angry for the sake of being angry make me very, very sad. It's such a woefully stupid waste of energy to make excuses as to why one should be angry when they could, instead, have a little humility and stop being so **censor** full of themselves for a few seconds to realize their own failures. People like this bring their own suffering and blame others for it.

Offline Grovygrunge

• Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online
  • I am just some guy. That's 'bout it
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: White and blue
  • Height: 5'10
  • Currently: Being current.
« Reply #6161 on: July 18, 2016, 06:41:37 PM »
I'm so annoyed by how many people act so edgy and think they're cool because they don't care or hate the whole of humanity. Well done, you special snowflake. You realized the world isn't 100% perfect and great and that bad things happen a lot, then instead of realizing that it isn't all that bad or learning how to see the good side of it, you freaked out and had a mental breakdown and decided everything is awful and everyone is a piece of trash. It's just sad, grow up.

What I'm trying to say here is that this silly pessimism is for kids. It's alright for someone in their teens to think like that as they're growing and will grow out of it and realize they're wrong, like I did. There are far too many grown ass men and women acting like this. If it's due to depression or something, go see a professional, get help. If not, work on your world view for crying out loud. Maybe you're projecting or something, I dunno.

The fact of the matter is that there's a shit tonne of good in the world, a metric shit tonne of it and it out numbers the bad quite a bit as well. It's just you're making yourself blind to it.

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • BEHOLD THE POWER OF MY...Rubber sword?
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Folf (Hybrid Fox Wolf)
  • Coloring: Dark Blue, Light Blue
  • Weight: WHA!?!?
  • Build: Slim,fit.
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Still raiding open fridges and freezers.
« Reply #6162 on: July 18, 2016, 08:03:51 PM »
I'm so annoyed by how many people act so edgy and think they're cool because they don't care or hate the whole of humanity. Well done, you special snowflake. You realized the world isn't 100% perfect and great and that bad things happen a lot, then instead of realizing that it isn't all that bad or learning how to see the good side of it, you freaked out and had a mental breakdown and decided everything is awful and everyone is a piece of trash. It's just sad, grow up.

What I'm trying to say here is that this silly pessimism is for kids. It's alright for someone in their teens to think like that as they're growing and will grow out of it and realize they're wrong, like I did. There are far too many grown ass men and women acting like this. If it's due to depression or something, go see a professional, get help. If not, work on your world view for crying out loud. Maybe you're projecting or something, I dunno.

The fact of the matter is that there's a shit tonne of good in the world, a metric shit tonne of it and it out numbers the bad quite a bit as well. It's just you're making yourself blind to it.
I do hope that's not pointed toward Romulan...
Uhh..Lord I didn't train to be a pilot. Tell me I don't have any more flying to do today.........................  Amen. ~ 'Dutch' Halo3 ODST.

We all go through peroids of darkness. In such times we can turn to the Lord, but it's good to have friends ~  Joshua Graham , Fallout New Vegas, Honest Hearts.

When people are lost they turn to the man who  acts like he knows the way out,  when the truth is he knows less than them. ~ John McMillan Original War

"Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself" -Unknown.

"I guess irony can be pretty ironic sometimes" ~William Shatter, Airplane II 

Credits: Alesssia pictures by JackThorn/Tomas13

Offline Grovygrunge

• Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online
  • I am just some guy. That's 'bout it
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: White and blue
  • Height: 5'10
  • Currently: Being current.
« Reply #6163 on: July 18, 2016, 09:33:04 PM »
I do hope that's not pointed toward Romulan...
It's aimed at people who are like that. I at no point mentioned Romulan. Don't go around trying to cause arguments.

Offline Cecilia Peromi

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Squeak!
    • Discord
    • Awards
« Reply #6164 on: July 18, 2016, 10:09:09 PM »
I'm sure that wasn't her intention.
Oh woof