The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Rants: Everyday Venting  (Read 171296 times)

Offline Cecilia Peromi

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster
  • Squeak!
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Mouse
  • Coloring: Purple and white
  • Height: 5 foot 4
  • Weight: 170 lbs
  • Build: Slim
Re: Rants: Everyday Venting
« Reply #5925 on: July 01, 2016, 08:52:15 PM »
There are those furs who do things and give us a bad name. They just take it a little too seriously, they probably never intended to hurt the fandom but the damage is done. I love being a furry and that's all there is to it. It's something to enjoy and make you happy, nothing more, nothing less. I wish people would understand that, maybe someday they will but for now, I still love the fandom and everything it stands for.
Oh woof

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • BEHOLD THE POWER OF MY...Rubber sword?
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Folf (Hybrid Fox Wolf)
  • Coloring: Dark Blue, Light Blue
  • Weight: WHA!?!?
  • Build: Slim,fit.
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Still raiding open fridges and freezers.
« Reply #5926 on: July 01, 2016, 11:25:20 PM »
It irks me when some furries feel the need to make their hobby into some exclusive club and try to segregate themselves from the rest of the world, then blather about how they're an oppressed special and brave group that "stupid" humans "just don't understand".

Big shocker, folks: it's not just the yiff that people belittle furries for. It's the annoying and elitist attitude that turns a simple hobby into a friggen ideology. It's just a **censor** hobby. We don't need a new country for "our kind", we don't need a secret code to speak in. We're not some fancy enlightened race spawned from Yahweh's holy butthole. We create and appreciate artwork and stories with anthropomorphic creatures, and we roleplay and hang out and be silly. That's all it is and that's all it needs to be.
It's a hobby. A h-o-b-b-y. You know, a thing we do for fun? Does this really need to be a reminder for some people?

Everyone else is quoting it, so I will too.
Yep. True. Preaching to the choir. And to the people who read that.
You pretty much slapped the guy square in the face...
If that's a metaphor.

Then there are the people who think that because this one fur is like that all furs are like that.
Uhh..Lord I didn't train to be a pilot. Tell me I don't have any more flying to do today.........................  Amen. ~ 'Dutch' Halo3 ODST.

We all go through peroids of darkness. In such times we can turn to the Lord, but it's good to have friends ~  Joshua Graham , Fallout New Vegas, Honest Hearts.

When people are lost they turn to the man who  acts like he knows the way out,  when the truth is he knows less than them. ~ John McMillan Original War

"Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself" -Unknown.

"I guess irony can be pretty ironic sometimes" ~William Shatter, Airplane II 

Credits: Alesssia pictures by JackThorn/Tomas13

Offline ST-84 Sahelanthropus

• Yellow Yak
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • BetrayerOfNihil
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Nanotech Robot
  • Height: Usually 7ft, up to 50ft
  • Currently: A weapon to surpass... well, everything.
« Reply #5927 on: July 02, 2016, 08:03:23 AM »
Perhaps it is due to my combination of trans-Humanism and 'membership' within the furry community, that I am one such person that you're all speaking of.

Why's it such a huge knicker-twister for all of you, the idea that someone can have high aspirations for this... "fandom"? (I hate that word applied to furries) I am not a person who'll die satisfied if all I did as a furry was draw scribbles of my Robot fursona and role play with a bunch of punks and their overpowered anime-style characters, and I hope there are others with me.

No, someday, I'm going help make the creatures and people of our dreams become reality, and we'll even get to become them. The great and wonderful things that make up our wildest fantasies on here will be real, and it'll be thanks to the ambitious few who felt that this group could become something more than just a fursuit-wearing equivalent to Trekkies. If that winds up not being the case, though... if we do continue to remain in mediocrity, as a group of people who only wished 'anthropomorphs' could be real, but for some reason never desired to take any of this further than hobbying, then we'll have nobody to blame but ourselves.

Offline Nrein

• The Master of Speechcraft
  • Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
  • As the humans say, "The truth will out!"
    • Awards
  • Species: Dewott
  • Currently: Needing a Smoke, hardcore.
« Reply #5928 on: July 02, 2016, 01:02:27 PM »
I gotta say the one thing that always surprised me about being in the fandom (yes, because that's what it is, a fandom) is how often there are individuals who feel the need to devalue others based on their reasoning for being in, and how they participate in, the fandom.
I've dealt with this personally, a lot, and it just amazes me that like certain other "minorities" a group that claims to be all about accepting anyone for who they are and why they are, it's so hard for most to do so.

Also on topic, I'm sick of my anxiety, and I wish for just a few days straight I could have no feeling of being short of breath or like I'm gonna turn a corner and something bad is gonna Happen.

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 10 Most Online
    • Awards
« Reply #5929 on: July 02, 2016, 02:05:46 PM »
Perhaps it is due to my combination of trans-Humanism and 'membership' within the furry community, that I am one such person that you're all speaking of.

Why's it such a huge knicker-twister for all of you, the idea that someone can have high aspirations for this... "fandom"? (I hate that word applied to furries) I am not a person who'll die satisfied if all I did as a furry was draw scribbles of my Robot fursona and role play with a bunch of punks and their overpowered anime-style characters, and I hope there are others with me.

No, someday, I'm going help make the creatures and people of our dreams become reality, and we'll even get to become them. The great and wonderful things that make up our wildest fantasies on here will be real, and it'll be thanks to the ambitious few who felt that this group could become something more than just a fursuit-wearing equivalent to Trekkies. If that winds up not being the case, though... if we do continue to remain in mediocrity, as a group of people who only wished 'anthropomorphs' could be real, but for some reason never desired to take any of this further than hobbying, then we'll have nobody to blame but ourselves.

My rant had nothing to do with you nor a specific person, so don't worry. It's just a thing I noticed often over the years. I don't mind the idea of transhumanism, and I consider that separate from the furry fandom, despite the concept of anthropomorphs bringing inspiration.

On another note, I'm having issues with my coffee again. I don't know why it gradually starts tasting weird even after cleaning the machine and everything...

Offline Midnight Madness

• Lucifer 2.0 (Doggo Edition)
  • Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 10 Topic Starter
  • Absolutely adorable.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lycanroc
  • Height: 5'11"
  • Weight: 175 lbs.
  • Build: Very well toned, intimidating despite his average height.
  • Currently: Guess who.
« Reply #5930 on: July 02, 2016, 02:52:39 PM »
Why's it such a huge knicker-twister for all of you, the idea that someone can have high aspirations for this... "fandom"?

It's because many of those individuals feel the need to foist those ideas upon the rest of the fandom and then degrade those who disagree. I'm in the boat of enjoying the idea of being any one of my 'sonas, but for many reasons I've come to accept that I won't be. And I bet very few people here knew that simply because I'm not spouting it everywhere. And honestly, there was very little reason for you to assume Evna was talking to you. You haven't even been on or posting enough to make that kind of impression, nor does Evna know you very well. Feeling guilty?

Anyway, on to my actual venting.

I'm finally getting involved with deliveries and orders for furniture and tracking dates and I must say... Employees for numerous companies are far lazier and far more incompetent than I would have ever imagined.

Offline Cecilia Peromi

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster
  • Squeak!
    • Discord
    • Awards
« Reply #5931 on: July 02, 2016, 02:52:40 PM »
You should try different coffee, or maybe even some orange juice. I like orange juice. :3
Oh woof

Offline Rocco Rex

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
  • Species: German Shepherd
« Reply #5932 on: July 02, 2016, 03:34:44 PM »
I know you'll have another chance Rocco, don't stress about it.
Actually, due to my horrible home situation, probably not.

Offline Cecilia Peromi

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Squeak!
    • Discord
    • Awards
« Reply #5933 on: July 02, 2016, 03:42:07 PM »
Don't say that Rocco, opportunities are all around you. What you need to do is look around, find something, and work hard to achieve it. I know you can do it Rocco, we all do. Just don't give up, not yet.
Oh woof

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • BEHOLD THE POWER OF MY...Rubber sword?
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Folf (Hybrid Fox Wolf)
  • Coloring: Dark Blue, Light Blue
  • Weight: WHA!?!?
  • Build: Slim,fit.
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Still raiding open fridges and freezers.
« Reply #5934 on: July 02, 2016, 03:51:41 PM »
Sigh. what do people not understand about TEAM GAME, "Yo dudes let's leave this big gunboat of a walking take behind, even though he can only move at a snails pace due to the stupid  engine speed nerf that the developers decided to do to all vehicles in the game instead of fixing the one that was the problem, Oh yeah he can take out 11 enemies all at once in that slow vehicle he'll be fine...  *Sarcasm*

Grr I hate people who do this to me I bring the big guns and they leave the big guns, I'm not artillery I can't shoot over the cliffs I'm a gunboat GUNBOAT NOT Artillery Boat.

I really want to know what game you're playing... It sounds fun.
That's it.
Oh, and also, I hate it when people are overly nice about something I did for them.
ART IS MEANT TO BE CRITIQUED! Just tell me what you don't like about it so I can FIX IT!
Mechwarrior online... I'm just really mad at the developers adn the fact that in random games NOBODY for the most part knows how to play.
Uhh..Lord I didn't train to be a pilot. Tell me I don't have any more flying to do today.........................  Amen. ~ 'Dutch' Halo3 ODST.

We all go through peroids of darkness. In such times we can turn to the Lord, but it's good to have friends ~  Joshua Graham , Fallout New Vegas, Honest Hearts.

When people are lost they turn to the man who  acts like he knows the way out,  when the truth is he knows less than them. ~ John McMillan Original War

"Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself" -Unknown.

"I guess irony can be pretty ironic sometimes" ~William Shatter, Airplane II 

Credits: Alesssia pictures by JackThorn/Tomas13

Offline ★Amethyst★

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Maine Coon
  • Coloring: White with light purple hair/patches
  • Height: 5'6"
  • Weight: 120
  • Build: Average/slim
  • Currently: itching to do stuff
« Reply #5935 on: July 02, 2016, 05:31:23 PM »
Planning a camping trip with my boyfriend and a couple other friends this weekend, which will involve staying overnight. I'm looking forward to it, but I'm running into some issues with my parents.

Spending the night away with friends? Absolutely not! You can't do that! ...For some reason. Like, they seem to think that something normal like camping out with friends for a day or two will somehow turn into something dangerous and terrible. What is the issue? I know them well and they're not the kind of people to get into trouble at all. And seriously, I'm 19 and consider myself at least relatively responsible. I don't want to 'appeal to worse things', but I'm sure people much younger than me do that sort of thing or more all the time or are way more irresponsible than me.

It's just so annoying...

Edit: And you know, they were perfectly fine with my sister (twin/same age as me) living and going to school  hours away for several months and yet I can't leave for a single day. So hypocritical -_-
« Last Edit: July 02, 2016, 06:38:21 PM by ★Amethyst★ »

Offline Cecilia Peromi

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Squeak!
    • Discord
    • Awards
« Reply #5936 on: July 02, 2016, 05:56:27 PM »
Hmph, I'm having an emotional dilemma...

I suppose it started when I began playing Final Fantasy IX, it's a great game with a great story, but there's this sad part that was just a little too much for me. It literally caused me pain... So I found a comic called Housepets, I read it and I like it too, but there's also sad parts, it just plucks my heartstrings and I hate that...

I don't really understand, am I so weak that fictional characters can cause me this much pain? I just want something that's happy all the time, but I guess that's too much to ask... I'm all depressed and confused right now...
Oh woof

Offline ST-84 Sahelanthropus

• Yellow Yak
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • BetrayerOfNihil
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Nanotech Robot
  • Height: Usually 7ft, up to 50ft
  • Currently: A weapon to surpass... well, everything.
« Reply #5937 on: July 02, 2016, 06:37:52 PM »
It's because many of those individuals feel the need to foist those ideas upon the rest of the fandom and then degrade those who disagree. I'm in the boat of enjoying the idea of being any one of my 'sonas, but for many reasons I've come to accept that I won't be. And I bet very few people here knew that simply because I'm not spouting it everywhere. And honestly, there was very little reason for you to assume Evna was talking to you. You haven't even been on or posting enough to make that kind of impression, nor does Evna know you very well. Feeling guilty?

Note the bold text, below.

I never said Evnamishko, nor any other individual in particular, had been specifically referring to me in their messages. So, honestly, there's very little reason for anyone to misconstrue (or perhaps intentionally twist) my words and then say I was somehow taking all these posts as personal attacks. I was just responding to the apparent consensus that people who believe furry should be more than a 'fandom' all stink and make the group look bad. I suppose I could have put it in a way like "I am one such person, being part of a 'furry extremist sect', the latter of which you are all speaking of", but God is that unnecessary.

You know, I thought that the ideas that I and some others have would be impressive to most people within and without furry. Sure, there'd probably be at least some people who'll still think I'm a crazy asshole; plain trans-Humanists are sometimes considered dangerous and blasphemous already, so just add furry on top of that, plus my vigiliantism, interventionism, militarism, retributivism, imperialism... Actually, I still have hope to find like-minded people, because the recent posts of this thread make up just a tiny sliver of the whole community, and even including the entire forums would only be looking at a sample size.

Offline Cecilia Peromi

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Squeak!
    • Discord
    • Awards
« Reply #5938 on: July 02, 2016, 06:46:22 PM »
I must say, this is the first time I've heard the term "trans-humanism" before. Yes, I would love to be my fursona, and I have little doubt that someday it'll be possible. But being a human is okay too, because it's so much more than your DNA. It's what you feel on the inside, what you believe in, and achieving your goals. So while I don't have fur or a tail, I'm still myself, and that's enough for me.
Oh woof

Offline ★Amethyst★

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Maine Coon
  • Coloring: White with light purple hair/patches
  • Height: 5'6"
  • Weight: 120
  • Build: Average/slim
  • Currently: itching to do stuff
« Reply #5939 on: July 02, 2016, 07:32:47 PM »
UGH. Getting into more arguing with my parents about the aforementioned camping issue. I know I shouldn't be so antagonistic towards them but my dad is being incredibly unreasonable.

Like, he thinks he's the expert on what other people are like, especially ones he's never met before. He's like "he's a guy, I know what they do". I'm sure part of that is genuinely concern about me but I doubt it warrants acting like my boyfriend is potentially a murderer, rapist or other serious criminal. Like he seems to think an overnight camping trip with friends /will/ end up in having to call the police. I don't make friends lightly, let alone more-than-friends so I damn well trust him and have known him long enough to know that couldn't be farther than the truth.

edit: Well, he's relented and allowing me to go as long as I text periodic updates and stuff. Geez, sorry if I sound kind of angry but I'm just venting (that's what the board is for right?). He's so freaking stubborn about everything, but I guess I got a little bit of that in me too...
« Last Edit: July 02, 2016, 08:01:58 PM by ★Amethyst★ »