The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Rants: Everyday Venting  (Read 171303 times)

Offline Bricket

• Whalloping Walrus
  • awards Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Awards
Re: Rants: Everyday Venting
« Reply #5910 on: June 30, 2016, 03:05:17 PM »
I **censor** over all of my exams  :)

Offline Wildrose

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
  • The opened box was void. Save Hope.
    • Awards
  • Species: Skyfolf
  • Coloring: White wings, light brown chestfur, and pale grey fur. Hair is light pink.
  • Height: 5'8
  • Weight: 130 lbs.
  • Build: Thin and lean
  • Currently: Brooding
« Reply #5911 on: July 01, 2016, 02:25:48 AM »
Gonna be honest, okay? Today started out well. It's actually better than most. But recently, i've been hit hard by depression and anxiety. The latter is controlable. But i can't do anything for the depression. Sometimes i just can't find the strength to get up and do anything. Can't spend time with my friends, can't work on my freelance job, can't enjoy practice because my ex is there and i'm still madly in love with her. Et cetera. All i have this summer is Netflix, Final Fantasy, and this website. Can anybody give me ideas or helpful advice? I hate asking and will probably regret it later, but i'd really appreciate it. If you don't wanna post here you can pm me, i suppose
Some say a picture is worth a thousand words.
I say a thousand words is worth a treasure trove containing unimaginable spoils. Whether it's hate, disgust, beauty, rage, love, or passion. There will be spoils. And they will be potent.

Offline HyenaKing

• rock out with your cute out
  • Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Most Online
  • shut up, you're a dream
    • Awards
  • Species: what u think
  • Coloring: whiteish
  • Height: 5'9"
  • Build: sheesh
  • Currently: writing.
« Reply #5912 on: July 01, 2016, 02:38:18 AM »
Waking up at 4;30!
wired as right now

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #5913 on: July 01, 2016, 03:42:41 AM »
It irks me when some furries feel the need to make their hobby into some exclusive club and try to segregate themselves from the rest of the world, then blather about how they're an oppressed special and brave group that "stupid" humans "just don't understand".

Big shocker, folks: it's not just the yiff that people belittle furries for. It's the annoying and elitist attitude that turns a simple hobby into a friggen ideology. It's just a **censor** hobby. We don't need a new country for "our kind", we don't need a secret code to speak in. We're not some fancy enlightened race spawned from Yahweh's holy butthole. We create and appreciate artwork and stories with anthropomorphic creatures, and we roleplay and hang out and be silly. That's all it is and that's all it needs to be.
It's a hobby. A h-o-b-b-y. You know, a thing we do for fun? Does this really need to be a reminder for some people?
« Last Edit: July 01, 2016, 03:46:13 AM by Evnamishko »

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • BEHOLD THE POWER OF MY...Rubber sword?
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Folf (Hybrid Fox Wolf)
  • Coloring: Dark Blue, Light Blue
  • Weight: WHA!?!?
  • Build: Slim,fit.
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Still raiding open fridges and freezers.
« Reply #5914 on: July 01, 2016, 03:44:52 AM »
It irks me when some furries feel the need to make their hobby into some exclusive club and try to segregate themselves from the rest of the world, then blather about how they're an oppressed special and brave group that "stupid" humans "just don't understand".

Big shocker, folks: it's not just the yiff that people belittle furries for. It's the annoying and elitist attitude that turns a simple hobby into a friggen ideology. It's just a **censor** hobby. We don't need a new country for "our kind", we don't need a secret code to speak in. We're not some fancy enlightened race spawned from Yahweh's holy butthole. We create and appreciate artwork and stories with anthropomorphic creatures, and we roleplay and hang out and be silly. That's all it is and that's all it needs to be.
It's a hobby a h-o-b-b-y You know, a thing we do for fun? Does this really need to be a reminder for some people?
Elitist, ruining fandoms everywhere.

On a personal note I dislike being human....
Uhh..Lord I didn't train to be a pilot. Tell me I don't have any more flying to do today.........................  Amen. ~ 'Dutch' Halo3 ODST.

We all go through peroids of darkness. In such times we can turn to the Lord, but it's good to have friends ~  Joshua Graham , Fallout New Vegas, Honest Hearts.

When people are lost they turn to the man who  acts like he knows the way out,  when the truth is he knows less than them. ~ John McMillan Original War

"Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself" -Unknown.

"I guess irony can be pretty ironic sometimes" ~William Shatter, Airplane II 

Credits: Alesssia pictures by JackThorn/Tomas13

Offline [INACTIVE]

« Reply #5915 on: July 01, 2016, 10:51:42 AM »

It's a hobby a h-o-b-b-y You know, a thing we do for fun? Does this really need to be a reminder for some people?

Exactly! These types of people ruin everything! It's why I hate saying I'm a furry around people because the first thing they'll say is. "Oh lelelelel top kek you have sex with animals lel kek." W-what? No! No I don't! It's these people who give us a bad name.

Offline Rocco Rex

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online
    • Awards
  • Species: German Shepherd
« Reply #5916 on: July 01, 2016, 04:52:47 PM »

I'm in deep shit.
I had one opportunity to go to MEPS. It has fallen through. I'm not sure if I can get another chance, which would keep me out of the Marines.

And the reaction to a problem that was beaten into me is get infuriated at and hit the problem until it breaks or you break. Yet I know for a fact it won't break. So I have to keep from getting infuriated for essentially no reason. Plus, being that mad isn't healthy.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2016, 05:15:09 PM by Rocco »

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • BEHOLD THE POWER OF MY...Rubber sword?
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Folf (Hybrid Fox Wolf)
  • Coloring: Dark Blue, Light Blue
  • Weight: WHA!?!?
  • Build: Slim,fit.
  • Currently: Still raiding open fridges and freezers.
« Reply #5917 on: July 01, 2016, 05:18:12 PM »
Sigh. what do people not understand about TEAM GAME, "Yo dudes let's leave this big gunboat of a walking take behind, even though he can only move at a snails pace due to the stupid  engine speed nerf that the developers decided to do to all vehicles in the game instead of fixing the one that was the problem, Oh yeah he can take out 11 enemies all at once in that slow vehicle he'll be fine...  *Sarcasm*

Grr I hate people who do this to me I bring the big guns and they leave the big guns, I'm not artillery I can't shoot over the cliffs I'm a gunboat GUNBOAT NOT Artillery Boat.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2016, 05:31:47 PM by Alex »
Uhh..Lord I didn't train to be a pilot. Tell me I don't have any more flying to do today.........................  Amen. ~ 'Dutch' Halo3 ODST.

We all go through peroids of darkness. In such times we can turn to the Lord, but it's good to have friends ~  Joshua Graham , Fallout New Vegas, Honest Hearts.

When people are lost they turn to the man who  acts like he knows the way out,  when the truth is he knows less than them. ~ John McMillan Original War

"Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself" -Unknown.

"I guess irony can be pretty ironic sometimes" ~William Shatter, Airplane II 

Credits: Alesssia pictures by JackThorn/Tomas13

Offline Cecilia Peromi

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Squeak!
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Mouse
  • Coloring: Purple and white
  • Height: 5 foot 4
  • Weight: 170 lbs
  • Build: Slim
« Reply #5918 on: July 01, 2016, 08:02:51 PM »
Oh dear, I sure missed a lot. I hope all of you guys have better luck in the future. Life is hard, I know.

So:

Good luck with your computer Rob, I hope things work out with your dad Mara, and I love your spider fursona. Good luck with commissions Jane, make yourself some good friends on here Wildrose, that's what helped me. I know you'll have another chance Rocco, don't stress about it.

And finally: people are stupid Alex, just do your best and have fun with it. :)
Oh woof

Offline Nishjin

• Gregarious Gnu
  • Personal Text
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Clear
  • Height: 6'
  • Currently: Alive and kicking
« Reply #5919 on: July 01, 2016, 08:19:38 PM »
Sigh. what do people not understand about TEAM GAME, "Yo dudes let's leave this big gunboat of a walking take behind, even though he can only move at a snails pace due to the stupid  engine speed nerf that the developers decided to do to all vehicles in the game instead of fixing the one that was the problem, Oh yeah he can take out 11 enemies all at once in that slow vehicle he'll be fine...  *Sarcasm*

Grr I hate people who do this to me I bring the big guns and they leave the big guns, I'm not artillery I can't shoot over the cliffs I'm a gunboat GUNBOAT NOT Artillery Boat.

I really want to know what game you're playing... It sounds fun.
That's it.
Oh, and also, I hate it when people are overly nice about something I did for them.
ART IS MEANT TO BE CRITIQUED! Just tell me what you don't like about it so I can FIX IT!
uʍopǝpᴉsd∩
Stuff. More Stuff. Even More Stuff.
"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Do you understand?" -Captain Jack Sparrow

Offline Cecilia Peromi

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Squeak!
    • Discord
    • Awards
« Reply #5920 on: July 01, 2016, 08:24:17 PM »
Unfortunately I am a victim of that. I don't like hurting people's feelings. But I also know that criticism helps them get better. If everyone told someone they were the best ever, then they'd never improve and actually BECOME the best ever.
Oh woof

Offline Nishjin

• Gregarious Gnu
  • Personal Text
    • Awards
« Reply #5921 on: July 01, 2016, 08:28:40 PM »
Much true, many wow.
Would you happen to know what game Alex is playing?
uʍopǝpᴉsd∩
"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Do you understand?" -Captain Jack Sparrow

Offline Ræfóa Aldrnari

• Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 100 Most Online
  • Earlier known as Ulvus Lumia
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Brown fox
  • Coloring: Brown, dark brown, grey, beige
  • Height: 1m 73cm (5'8")
  • Weight: 53 kg. (117 lb.)
  • Build: Thin
  • Currently: *Browsing memes*
« Reply #5922 on: July 01, 2016, 08:32:49 PM »

It's a hobby. A h-o-b-b-y. You know, a thing we do for fun? Does this really need to be a reminder for some people?

Please check out my DeviantArt page!
I would greatly appreciate it.

Reference sheet by myself!

Offline Cecilia Peromi

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Squeak!
    • Discord
    • Awards
« Reply #5923 on: July 01, 2016, 08:37:53 PM »
Sounds like a real time strategy game involving tanks and boats and stuff. But I don't know for sure.
Oh woof

Offline Nishjin

• Gregarious Gnu
  • Personal Text
    • Awards
« Reply #5924 on: July 01, 2016, 08:38:14 PM »

Everyone else is quoting it, so I will too.
Yep. True. Preaching to the choir. And to the people who read that.
You pretty much slapped the guy square in the face...
If that's a metaphor.
uʍopǝpᴉsd∩