The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Asia Kali can DO IT!  (Read 28239 times)

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Nom!
Re: Asia Kali can DO IT!
« Reply #270 on: November 14, 2010, 10:28:25 AM »
Traditional?  Pah!   This is way cooler  :P    As i've always said I think your style is awesome, so vibrant, and this latest one just proves it even further. The red yellows and oranges are so energetic and, may I say it again, vibrant!   Great work Asia  ^_^
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Catfish

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Currently: Confused
« Reply #271 on: November 15, 2010, 06:07:32 PM »
I especially like coloring, it's very intense and dynamic ! ^_^

...Traditional?  Pah!   This is way cooler  :P    As i've always said I think your style is awesome, so vibrant,...

I must agree with Kitt. Your style is very unique, Asia  ^_^

Offline Asia Kali Yusufzai

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Poster
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: Hot Pink
  • Height: 5'9
  • Weight: 9 stone
  • Build: GORGEOUS
« Reply #272 on: November 19, 2010, 11:52:59 PM »
Wow that is cool, I like the detail on the person's body, especially on the face. Really shows well how much work you put into this one :)
I was intending to put a lot more work in, but thought "That looks pretty good as is"

...Traditional?  Pah!   This is way cooler  :P    As i've always said I think your style is awesome, so vibrant,...

I must agree with Kitt. Your style is very unique, Asia  ^_^

GREAT! so now thanks to your support I shall focus on my style... or not :P
http://www.furaffinity.net/view/4819288
Thought I'd try something toony, after watching Faux Pas the Techno Cat

What do you think?
"Parents always think kids are wasting their youth, and always have done [so] down through the millennia," says Tom Forsyth of RAD Game Tools. "'That Ug, always holding things. His front paws will develop in funny ways. Why can't he walk on all fours like normal proto-hominids?' And so, whatever the kids spend the most time doing, that's always what parents think is a waste of time, and what is corrupting their lives. It doesn't matter what that is. If all they did was homework, parents would be worrying that their kids aren't becoming well-rounded people. And, in fact, parents do this - enrolling math nerds in karate classes and the like. There is no way to win - parental paranoia ensures that kids are always doing the wrong thing."

Puncia's Foundraising Project

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #273 on: November 20, 2010, 04:50:17 PM »
Love it  ^_^   The cat looks so cute pawing at the screen like that  :)

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Catfish

• Chatty Cheetah
    • Awards
« Reply #274 on: November 20, 2010, 11:58:41 PM »
That's very nice and cute, Asia !  ^_^ I also see some little changes in your style, it's a little bit different than usual !
I would really like to see some more works like that one !

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Poster
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #275 on: November 21, 2010, 12:17:35 AM »
Love it  ^_^   The cat looks so cute pawing at the screen like that  :)
Thanks Kitt

That's very nice and cute, Asia !  ^_^ I also see some little changes in your style, it's a little bit different than usual !
I would really like to see some more works like that one !
Well, I came at this from a different angle, wanting it to be generally clean and more stereotypically cartoony. Not that I'd ever want to be like all the other toony illustrations out there, but I wanted to try it, and see if I could do it.

But dont worry, I will be doing more, for now. I like that cat.
"Parents always think kids are wasting their youth, and always have done [so] down through the millennia," says Tom Forsyth of RAD Game Tools. "'That Ug, always holding things. His front paws will develop in funny ways. Why can't he walk on all fours like normal proto-hominids?' And so, whatever the kids spend the most time doing, that's always what parents think is a waste of time, and what is corrupting their lives. It doesn't matter what that is. If all they did was homework, parents would be worrying that their kids aren't becoming well-rounded people. And, in fact, parents do this - enrolling math nerds in karate classes and the like. There is no way to win - parental paranoia ensures that kids are always doing the wrong thing."

• Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #276 on: November 24, 2010, 03:36:40 AM »
Okay, so this one isn't toony, but it's definitely more normal than I... normally do :P lemme rephrase that, it's more typical for FA

http://www.furaffinity.net/view/4841510

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #277 on: November 26, 2010, 09:46:12 PM »
Looks real good  :)    Not much more I can say really, a nice piece overall  :P

Offline Catfish

• Chatty Cheetah
    • Awards
« Reply #278 on: November 27, 2010, 09:05:50 PM »
Okay, so this one isn't toony, but it's definitely more normal than I... normally do :P lemme rephrase that, it's more typical for FA

http://www.furaffinity.net/view/4841510

Wow ! I totally love this one ! Especially his pose is very nice and natural  ^_^
It's different from your usual style, but it's awesome ! Great work, Asia ! :D

• Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #279 on: November 28, 2010, 02:08:36 AM »
Thanks Kitt

Wow ! I totally love this one ! Especially his pose is very nice and natural  ^_^
It's different from your usual style, but it's awesome ! Great work, Asia ! :D
Thanks, I pretty much did that picture to be more clean and nice in my style, also i focused on anatomy for him. I really wanted him to be my experiment, and to be honest, I really like him. I'll probably keep him as a character.

In fact I made another picture of him, more in my old style.
http://www.furaffinity.net/view/4860728/

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #280 on: November 28, 2010, 11:54:11 AM »
In fact I made another picture of him, more in my old style.
http://www.furaffinity.net/view/4860728/

Wow, I love that pose! Looks great  :)

• Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #281 on: November 29, 2010, 12:33:30 AM »
Thanks a lot, i did want to play with perspective and all that and I think it worked. I might use it as my desktop background.

this next one is far less interesting in terms of pose, so i made it rain to experiment with it. I should have read a tutorial on it, but i wanted to see what i could come up with.
http://www.furaffinity.net/view/4865552/

Also... what do you lot think I should call this guy? I've thought up a whole story for him.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2010, 04:29:45 AM by Asia Kali Yusufzai »

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #282 on: November 29, 2010, 11:43:35 AM »

Well I found a really good tutorial for doing rain in photoshop/paintshop:  http://alexiuss.deviantart.com/gallery/3239976#/d1wxt4w

About halfway down the tutorial page shows how to do rain, clouds, lightning etc... The guy is a really good artist  :P

Basically, just add 'noise' on a new layer. Then add 'motion blur' to the entire layer, and you end up with lots of lashing rain  :)

Anyway, what you did looks really good. Painting rain is very hard, personally,  and you did it well  :)    As for a name? I'm rubbish with names  :/

• Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #283 on: November 29, 2010, 02:27:17 PM »
http://www.furaffinity.net/view/4868563/
tried it, came up with this. It's not good, but I'm never good with tutorials.

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Currently: Healed up
« Reply #284 on: November 29, 2010, 03:21:53 PM »
So did you make the weather lightning with white lines with smudge, the clouds from monochrome difference clouds or clouds filter, and with an additional spatter filter?
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer