The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Asia Kali can DO IT!  (Read 28251 times)

Offline Gabag

• Replica Soldier Mk. VII
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
  • Species: Human (Replica Clone)
Re: Asia Kali can DO IT!
« Reply #240 on: October 06, 2010, 12:42:01 AM »
Is my stuff turning rubbish? I dont know. I don't like the stuff I'm making. I'm unsure about it. It's more abstract and that's cool but... it's not grabbing me.

http://www.furaffinity.net/view/4585784/

the lines are too thick, I'm a fan of your sketch looking style, with the rough lines.

i mean it's what makes you you.

as for thr abstraction, i could never understand abstract art so dont ask my opinion on it if you want a fair judgement.

Offline Asia Kali Yusufzai

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: Hot Pink
  • Height: 5'9
  • Weight: 9 stone
  • Build: GORGEOUS
  • Reference: [link]
« Reply #241 on: October 06, 2010, 02:57:52 AM »
Coulda fooled me for a 3D model in some shading! Reminds me of cel shading actually.
Wow, okay, thanks

The lines look a little harsher the your norm, but it looks fine to me

I thought I say hi  :P, seeing how this is the only work you post anymore ;-;
thanks a lot, and yeah university kinda eats my time

the lines are too thick, I'm a fan of your sketch looking style, with the rough lines.

i mean it's what makes you you.

as for thr abstraction, i could never understand abstract art so dont ask my opinion on it if you want a fair judgement.

Yeah I see what you're saying, and to be fair, no matter how much I experiment, I tend to always go back to that style. Alright, thanks for the advice.
"Parents always think kids are wasting their youth, and always have done [so] down through the millennia," says Tom Forsyth of RAD Game Tools. "'That Ug, always holding things. His front paws will develop in funny ways. Why can't he walk on all fours like normal proto-hominids?' And so, whatever the kids spend the most time doing, that's always what parents think is a waste of time, and what is corrupting their lives. It doesn't matter what that is. If all they did was homework, parents would be worrying that their kids aren't becoming well-rounded people. And, in fact, parents do this - enrolling math nerds in karate classes and the like. There is no way to win - parental paranoia ensures that kids are always doing the wrong thing."

Puncia's Foundraising Project

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Currently: Nom!
« Reply #242 on: October 06, 2010, 08:49:46 AM »
Personally I like it... Abstract art isn't my favourite style, but It still looks good... For some reason my favourite part would have to be the background, dont ask why, I have no idea  XP

But I would definitely not say your work is 'turning rubbish'... Everyone has some highs and lows with everything, including art I guess   :)

Edit:

Oh, and its awesome your still posting art here, despite all the time that must be taken up with Uni work  :P
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #243 on: October 06, 2010, 10:33:10 AM »
Thanks. Though I don't seem to like anything I'm making recently. I did three different writing excercises and I like none of them :P But then I didn't like the excercises anyway.

Oh, and its awesome your still posting art here, despite all the time that must be taken up with Uni work
To be honest, I'm just tremendously lazy. I could draw something new every day, and write something, and read something, and still have some time to play games. But as I said, I'm lazy.
"Parents always think kids are wasting their youth, and always have done [so] down through the millennia," says Tom Forsyth of RAD Game Tools. "'That Ug, always holding things. His front paws will develop in funny ways. Why can't he walk on all fours like normal proto-hominids?' And so, whatever the kids spend the most time doing, that's always what parents think is a waste of time, and what is corrupting their lives. It doesn't matter what that is. If all they did was homework, parents would be worrying that their kids aren't becoming well-rounded people. And, in fact, parents do this - enrolling math nerds in karate classes and the like. There is no way to win - parental paranoia ensures that kids are always doing the wrong thing."

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #244 on: October 06, 2010, 10:41:25 AM »
Hehe, same... I'm at home, not actually all that ill... And i should be getting on with graphics coursework... Yet I'm not   :P

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Catfish

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Currently: Confused
« Reply #245 on: October 06, 2010, 05:24:06 PM »
It looks like a 3d art mixed with some abstract or something like that ! You did a very nice work with shadows here, Asia  ^_^

To be honest, I'm just tremendously lazy. I could draw something new every day, and write something, and read something, and still have some time to play games. But as I said, I'm lazy.

I have the same problem  ^_^

• Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #246 on: October 06, 2010, 10:16:01 PM »
I'm surprised everyone sees 3d. That's very odd, but cool nonetheless

Offline Gabag

• Replica Soldier Mk. VII
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
  • Species: Human (Replica Clone)
« Reply #247 on: October 06, 2010, 10:17:16 PM »
revisiting your picture

i could see how it seems 3D to people

the rounded edges of the head bulge out in a way that seems like it's three dimensional but upon closer inspection it isnt

so now he's into optical illusions.

• Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #248 on: October 07, 2010, 08:30:03 PM »
and back to the more "realistic" stuff

http://www.furaffinity.net/view/4594965/

I love this one. I think it turned out brilliantly. It's the best expression i've ever done. I did it really quickly, and it does everything I want it to. The expression, the pose, the emotion is there. It's great.

Plus I love all the crazy errors everywhere.

Offline Self-sain

• The Unlikely Love
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • black and white isn't to bad
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Foat (Bat/Fox)
  • Coloring: purpule
  • Height: 5'7
  • Weight: 112
  • Build: thin some tone
  • Currently: Done with everything
« Reply #249 on: October 07, 2010, 08:39:04 PM »
the left hand is a little creepy looking.

I like the coloring, and its a nice stance, +1 for the face :P
if you ever want to see Lil Johny again...
YOU WILL LOOK D:<

• Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #250 on: October 07, 2010, 09:19:49 PM »
That hand is hideous :P I could fix it, but I wont :P

Offline Self-sain

• The Unlikely Love
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • black and white isn't to bad
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Foat (Bat/Fox)
  • Coloring: purpule
  • Height: 5'7
  • Weight: 112
  • Build: thin some tone
  • Currently: Done with everything
« Reply #251 on: October 07, 2010, 10:22:54 PM »
And if you did it wouldn't be your art
if you ever want to see Lil Johny again...
YOU WILL LOOK D:<

• Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #252 on: October 10, 2010, 09:01:52 PM »
http://www.furaffinity.net/view/4610874/
I am very very proud of this... I love it.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #253 on: October 10, 2010, 09:07:35 PM »
Awesome, I really like the lighting in that one. Nice and atmospheric   :) 

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Currently: Healed up
« Reply #254 on: October 10, 2010, 09:20:14 PM »
The guy standing there is so.... mannish!
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer