The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Old World Blues (CLOSED ATM)  (Read 13052 times)

Offline Blaiiine

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Psilocybear
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Grizzly Bear
  • Coloring: Dark brown overall
  • Height: 6' 0".
  • Weight: 172 lbs.
  • Build: Average build.
  • Currently: Keeping the Spirit of 2073 alive
Re: Old World Blues (Still Open)
« Reply #90 on: May 20, 2017, 09:57:49 AM »
((Back with some of that quality posting. Sorry for such a long pause, my work schedule has been crazy AF))

Kanorado Police Department, Second Level (Offices)

Garbled groans could be heard, slowly amplifying as Skye made her way through the floor. The moans crescendoed as a group of ferals, dressed in ruined uniforms, collapsed out of a falling door. They slowly pulled themselves up and snarled at Skye, hobbling towards her.

Kanorado Police Department, First Level (Armory)

Blaine turned around and lifted his rifle, quickly smacking the flashlight which brought it back to full power. "Let me go in first, I'll tell you if it's clear." He whispered, proceeding towards the door. The armory was just as dark as the halls, the flashlight beam revealing half raided gun safes and ammo containers.

Then, a withered moan came up. Blaine shifted his rifle towards the noise, his light showing a feral stuck under a fallen gun safe. It was almost corpse-like, having been starved. It was unique though, as it's clothes weren't pre-war or raider, it was a rag tag military uniform. Blaine crouched down, pulling his knife from it's holster.

He stuck the feral in the head, quickly dispatching it. Blaine then took a small flashlight from his harness. "Alright, we're clear." He half-yelled to Ray, before looking the feral's clothing over. It was wearing an older military harness, along with an unadopted camouflage pattern uniform. Then Blaine saw the shoulder patch. A wolf donning a Mongolian helmet with the word sewn under: Huns. Blaine cursed as he fumbled to light a cigarette. This was not good. Not good at all.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2017, 10:00:10 AM by Blaiiine »
A   P S Y C H E D E L I C   B O I

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
  • Chased by the fires of passion
    • Awards
  • Species: Raccoon
  • Coloring: Royal purple, save for two teardrop shaped gray patches on his chin, which runs to his collarbone, and the lower part of his abdomen.
  • Height: Varies
  • Weight: Varies
  • Build: Lanky
  • Currently: Pretty happy.
« Reply #91 on: May 20, 2017, 03:07:46 PM »
Ray shrugged as he started grabbing ammo and weapons, even though he wouldn't be using them.
"It would seem someone arrived before us." He sighed heavily. "Perhaps they found nothing they wanted?" Ray sighed again and started searching for some sort of bag to carry the extra weapons.

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Battle Alert! Go shields up and weapons hot!
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Tiger
  • Coloring: Inverted fur pattern (black with white stripes)
  • Height: 6'7"
  • Weight: 250 lbs
  • Build: Muscular, but not overly so
  • Currently: Trying to find the drive to continue my original work.
« Reply #92 on: May 21, 2017, 01:20:01 AM »
Skye was quick to shoulder her rifle and fire short, controlled bursts to down the ferals, always aiming for the head. She activated the LED flashlight attachment and shone it in the darkness, looking out for any other threats.

"Skye to Blaine - any reason these ferals are in uniform?" Skye asked over the radio. "And is there anything I should be looking for up here, aside from hostiles?"

(Idea: Maybe Blaine or Ray can wind up finding something that Skye would recognize from her past here? Like a token or something from someone Skye believed to be dead?)
« Last Edit: May 21, 2017, 01:21:48 AM by Romulan_Furry »
"The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural..." --Darth Sidious

"Being a soldier isn't just following orders - it's following those orders while in the service of a higher cause. When that cause is betrayed, we aren't soldiers anymore; just pieces on a chess board, dying for the wrong reasons." --Unknown

A Klingon wears their emotion on his or her sleeve - when they're happy, you'll hear it; sad, you'll see it; angry, you'll fear it.

Offline Blaiiine

• Melodious Mouse
  • Psilocybear
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #93 on: May 21, 2017, 01:22:09 AM »
"Some must be police officers. But we got Huns," Blaine replied over his radio, while gathering ammo for his rifle. He took an occasional glance to the door, checking for any more ferals.

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #94 on: May 21, 2017, 01:27:14 AM »
"Huns? Here?" Skye replied. "F***in' great. Something else to watch out for." She paused, another question coming to mind. "How the hell did Huns end up going feral?"
"The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural..." --Darth Sidious

"Being a soldier isn't just following orders - it's following those orders while in the service of a higher cause. When that cause is betrayed, we aren't soldiers anymore; just pieces on a chess board, dying for the wrong reasons." --Unknown

A Klingon wears their emotion on his or her sleeve - when they're happy, you'll hear it; sad, you'll see it; angry, you'll fear it.

Offline Blaiiine

• Melodious Mouse
  • Psilocybear
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #95 on: May 21, 2017, 08:27:22 AM »
"Well, that would explain it. Radiation burns and a whole hell of a lot of them," Blaine replied, having pulled the safe off the feral Hun. Patches of it's fur was gone and the skin was discolored, reddish and burned. "Wonder if they finally started finding those nuclear caches," He muttered into the radio, while checking the harness pouches for any supplies or intel. A clip for a handgun and flares were all Blaine found.

Standing up, Blaine cracked the top of one of the flares and a bright red light engulfed the room. He moved to the door, slowly inching out. Finally getting his arm out of the doorway, the hall seemed clear. Blaine sighed in relief, until a feral came around the corner. It latched onto his harness and growled in his face.

Falling to the floor, his rifle discharged multiple times before landing across the room. The flare landed next to Blaine, who was pinned under the feral. "Help, for the love of Christ, get the hell off me!" Blaine yelled, his radio picking up the entire commotion. He struck the feral twice before it snapped at his throat. He could hardly keep the canine back, gripping at it's jaw.

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Royal purple, save for two teardrop shaped gray patches on his chin, which runs to his collarbone, and the lower part of his abdomen.
« Reply #96 on: May 21, 2017, 09:16:48 AM »
Ray dropped the bag immediately, and slipped over to Blaine. His knife leapt up, both catching the feral's spine through his neck and throwing the offender off of Blaine. Ray's arcing swipe did not stop there, and brought the creature to a nearby pillar. He gripped the thing's snout with his free paw, and snapped the feral's head upwards. Ray crushed the rotting thing's face, before beheading the creature. He turned to Blaine, and offered a paw up, saying quietly. "Others may come now."

Offline Blaiiine

• Melodious Mouse
  • Psilocybear
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #97 on: May 21, 2017, 09:27:12 AM »
Blaine grabbed his paw and lifted himself up, quickly grabbing his rifle. "Skye, get back to the garage. We're gonna bug out, we'll set up camp in the woods outside town. Better than this death trap." He finished, letting his shoulder radio go. Hearing moans and movement down the hall, Blaine pulled out another grenade. Instead of it being a canister though, it was shaped almost like a pineapple. He pulled the pin and chucked it down the hallway.

Ducking back around the corner, the grenade blew up and rocked the building. Blaine slowly propped himself back up and looked to Ray before saying, "Get that bag, we're gonna haul ass back to the trucks and wait for Skye." He lit another flare, then lit a cigarette with the flare. Taking a long drag, he flipped the switch on his rifle from semi-auto to full auto.

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #98 on: May 21, 2017, 08:46:24 PM »
Skye needn't be told twice as she dashed back for the Humvee. Damn it to hell... she thought irritatedly. She stopped in her tracks when her weapon's LED Flashlight reflected off something - a pair of dogtags. She snatched them up, but when she examined it, her heart nearly stopped.

But she couldn't ponder what she saw on the tags right now. She pocketed the tags hastily - one of the tags hung loosely out of her armor's pocket - and made a mad dash for the garage.

Offline Razuel

• Jovial Jaguar
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Most Online
  • A true gentleman fights to protect
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Western Feral Dragon
  • Coloring: Black body,wings(underside is red), Red underbelly, silver-ish Spikes along spine
  • Height: 6' 12''
  • Weight: 217
  • Build: Muscular
« Reply #99 on: May 21, 2017, 11:32:56 PM »
Kanorado Police Department, Sub Level (Holding Cells)

Gypsie had run into a band of Raiders who sold her off to the Huns.  The Huns locked her in a rusty cell in the basement of the Police Department, and forgot about her frequently, and today was supposed to be when she was fed, but when the Huns in the basement turned feral just as the others entered the building, they ran off, but the explosion from above jostled the roof of her cell and the door to it fell, so she started to make a run for it, seemingly sluggish as she stumbled up a set of stairs to the first floor.

Kanorado Police Department, First Level (Armory)

Gyspie stumbled up the stairs, seeing a bakpack leaning against a wall she lept at it, desperately looking through the bag of weapons to find food, any food as the radiation had no effect on her body, and yet she still looked as lovely as ever and not a shriveled up thumb-face.

Gypsie threw piece after piece from the bag, them littering the ground as she continued to look. Her body wasn't in a good condition as she looked Ghoulish, with her skin tightly hugging her skeleton and her raspy breathing.

^ Is really happy, and spreads positivity around the forums and even the world. This person is a really cool and friendly person, and really deserves everything life has to offer. This person is how everyone should be like. When I grow up, I want to be just like Razuel

Offline Blaiiine

• Melodious Mouse
  • Psilocybear
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #100 on: May 22, 2017, 11:13:27 PM »
Kanorado Police Department, First Level (Garage)

Blaine stood guard at the hallway entrance, giving Ray cover to get everything loaded up. "Be careful in the stairwell, Skye, I swear I saw a feral. Didn't come at me but sure as hell looked like one," He radioed in. Kicking another flare down the hall, he turned back to the vehicles and climbed in the Humvee to start it.

After starting the vehicle, Blaine jumped out and opened the garage doors. Everything was clear outside, almost like nothing had happened. Running back to the hallway, he ducked back down and continued to watch the hall for hostiles.

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
« Reply #101 on: May 24, 2017, 04:51:19 AM »
Ray brought up the pistol, arm fully extended. He started slowly towards the interior of the police department, ready to bring down the elusive feral. Though, his gut instincts told him that the target in question was not feral. Ray kept the pistol's safety on, but kept the knife in a comfortable ready position.

Offline Razuel

• Jovial Jaguar
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Most Online
  • A true gentleman fights to protect
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Western Feral Dragon
  • Coloring: Black body,wings(underside is red), Red underbelly, silver-ish Spikes along spine
  • Height: 6' 12''
  • Weight: 217
  • Build: Muscular
« Reply #102 on: May 24, 2017, 04:05:25 PM »
As Ray entered the area where Gypsie was near, he'd see a pile of guns against a wall, then another followed and hit the wall, then the burlap gym bag, followed by a tired and wavering cry.

^ Is really happy, and spreads positivity around the forums and even the world. This person is a really cool and friendly person, and really deserves everything life has to offer. This person is how everyone should be like. When I grow up, I want to be just like Razuel

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #103 on: May 24, 2017, 08:19:21 PM »
Skye dashed into the garage and nearly collided with the Humvee. "What was that about a Feral you weren't sure of?" she asked Blaine.

Offline Blaiiine

• Melodious Mouse
  • Psilocybear
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #104 on: May 24, 2017, 10:00:31 PM »
"Ray went looking for it." Blaine said, watching the depot doors. He tensed up as he heard a cry coming from inside the building. He grabbed his radio and called in to Ray, "What's going on? You need us?"