The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Old World Blues (CLOSED ATM)  (Read 12949 times)

Offline Blaiiine

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Psilocybear
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Grizzly Bear
  • Coloring: Dark brown overall
  • Height: 6' 0".
  • Weight: 172 lbs.
  • Build: Average build.
  • Currently: Keeping the Spirit of 2073 alive
Re: Old World Blues (Still Open)
« Reply #60 on: May 09, 2017, 07:33:01 AM »

( Okay, I'm going to start posting longer material so we can give this story more depth since at the moment it's only two active posters )

"Well, I guess we're off.." Blaine said, still taking a moment to look around. Walking back to the Humvee, he could hear the winds begin to pick up even more. He readjusted his scarf and climbed into the vehicle. Turning on the radio he attached, the speakers inside came to life as a song started. "Yeah, my great-grandfather loved metal," Blaine said as he put the Humvee in gear and picked up speed heading out of Denver. Through the rearview, the technical could be seen keeping a good distance from them.

They didn't see a speck of civilization on their way out of Denver, except for the occasional corpse being eaten by vultures or ferals. A feral was a man gone mad, brain devastated from radiation. It had no qualms about beating you to death and eating what remained. But in the safety of an armored vehicle, they were merely speed bumps.

** One hour later **

The group had finally made it out of the Denver wastes, luckily without a scratch. They were currently moving through a mountainous region, surrounded by tall pine trees and forests. The area is considered URA territory.

"So, road trip small talk. Always difficult," Blaine said to Skye, still looking at the road. He had taken his gloves, chest harness and scarf off just leaving his black shirt. The temperature had lowered as they began traversing the mountain scape, but he loved the cold. "Well, we're both Marines. Or were, better yet. Any favorite places you got deployed? I, personally, loved the Rockies." Blaine said.

A   P S Y C H E D E L I C   B O I

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
  • Chased by the fires of passion
    • Awards
  • Species: Raccoon
  • Coloring: Royal purple, save for two teardrop shaped gray patches on his chin, which runs to his collarbone, and the lower part of his abdomen.
  • Height: Varies
  • Weight: Varies
  • Build: Lanky
  • Currently: Pretty happy.
« Reply #61 on: May 09, 2017, 07:54:47 AM »
Ray followed Blaine's lead, silently watching the road. He could feel the chilly mountain air gnaw on his bones through the thin, desert-wear he had. Ray had heard once from his elders that a few of his people were settled out here, trained to hide amongst the rocks and boulders, the scopes of their rifles smoked over to diminish glinting.  Ray's idle thoughts were interrupted by one of his tires giving out and bursting. The raccoon, still confused by the shortwave radio, fumbled for the receiver as he fought for control.
"T'ing barrdish frakala! Four-by lost a foot! I must stay my travel!"

Offline Blaiiine

• Melodious Mouse
  • Psilocybear
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #62 on: May 09, 2017, 09:03:50 AM »
The Humvee swerved to the side of the road, kicking up a small dust cloud. Blaine didn't even stop the radio as he climbed out, rifle up and ready for anything. "Take cover, watch my ass. I'm gonna see what's happening," Blaine said to Skye while quickly pulling his chest harness on. He then took off down the road towards the technical. The tire was shredded, but not like an average blowout. It was an obvious gunshot, as far as Blaine could tell.

"You alright? We gotta hurry up and replace this tire. There's a spare in the bed, I'll cover you," Blaine said, leaned against the hood of the truck aiming at the higher ground. No glints, no obvious movement. He cursed in his head, knowing he should've seen this coming. The music playing from the radio echoed throughout the hills, but apart from that it was almost silent.

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Battle Alert! Go shields up and weapons hot!
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Tiger
  • Coloring: Inverted fur pattern (black with white stripes)
  • Height: 6'7"
  • Weight: 250 lbs
  • Build: Muscular, but not overly so
  • Currently: Trying to find the drive to continue my original work.
« Reply #63 on: May 09, 2017, 02:32:01 PM »
Skye shouldered her rifle and looked for anything to shoot at. After the ambush at the market, she was still a bit on edge. She remained deathly quiet, her eyes scanning for anything potentially hostile.
"The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural..." --Darth Sidious

"Being a soldier isn't just following orders - it's following those orders while in the service of a higher cause. When that cause is betrayed, we aren't soldiers anymore; just pieces on a chess board, dying for the wrong reasons." --Unknown

A Klingon wears their emotion on his or her sleeve - when they're happy, you'll hear it; sad, you'll see it; angry, you'll fear it.

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Royal purple, save for two teardrop shaped gray patches on his chin, which runs to his collarbone, and the lower part of his abdomen.
« Reply #64 on: May 10, 2017, 08:24:16 AM »
Ray dismounted, and went to the bed of the truck. Collecting what he needed, Ray moved to replace the tire. "Strange...tire seemed fine a mile ago." He winced as he used the tire iron, his paw still bandaged and wounded. At about the third lug nut, Ray stopped and began whispering quietly to himself. A few moments passed, before Ray rasped to Blaine as he continued his work. "Slowly place your rifle on the ground...Tell the others to do same."

Offline Blaiiine

• Melodious Mouse
  • Psilocybear
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #65 on: May 10, 2017, 07:51:14 PM »
Blaine waited for a moment, looking Ray over for a moment. He looked down and then back up to Ray before saying, "If this goes any other way than okay, you're going to have a whole hell of lot to explain," His tone was cold, his stare like daggers. He tossed his rifle and sidearm to the ground and yelled for Skye to do the same. Lighting a cigarette, he sighed.

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #66 on: May 10, 2017, 09:13:26 PM »
Skye didn't understand why, but she laid her weapon aside, then unclipped both her katanas - still sheathed - and laid them down as well. She suspected that either they were about to get unexpected help... or they were surrounded by hostiles and fighting would only get them killed.

And Skye would rather be killed in an honorable way, not because of a stubborn, asinine decision.
"The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural..." --Darth Sidious

"Being a soldier isn't just following orders - it's following those orders while in the service of a higher cause. When that cause is betrayed, we aren't soldiers anymore; just pieces on a chess board, dying for the wrong reasons." --Unknown

A Klingon wears their emotion on his or her sleeve - when they're happy, you'll hear it; sad, you'll see it; angry, you'll fear it.

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
« Reply #67 on: May 11, 2017, 01:31:45 AM »
A few moments after Skye put her weapons down, several piles of rocks began to stand up. The piles of rocks were simply adhered to large cloaks, as raccoons of different sizes stood. They all carried Soviet-made semi-auto marksman rifles, all camo'd up to look like piles of stone.

Ray turned slowly to greet his distant brothers, and reached into his pocket. A wash of unease hit him as he did not feel the green shell casing he once held. A few seconds went by before Ray whispered to Blaine. "Throw my gift into the sky."

Offline Blaiiine

• Melodious Mouse
  • Psilocybear
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #68 on: May 11, 2017, 02:08:23 AM »
Blaine pulled the green shell from his harness pouch, tossing it in the air. He felt uneasy and wanted desperately to grab his rifle, to fight back. But he knew it'd be useless, would just end up bleeding out on the road a mangled mess. "If they're gonna shoot us, I'd rather them do it quickly," Blaine sarcastically whispered to Ray.

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #69 on: May 11, 2017, 03:19:06 AM »
Skye stood, her muscles tense, ready to propel her into action at a moment's notice. Watching Blaine throw this "gift" into the sky, she wondered what effect that would have on their unidentified persons.

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
« Reply #70 on: May 11, 2017, 07:24:52 AM »
One of the figures seemed to flinch before throwing another shell at the first. A few moments passed before Ray laughed loudly. "Kiros! Good suns mountain brother!" 
The figure that threw the shell slid down from his perch and approached the group. His voice was hoarse and deep, gravely like the mountains. "Good suns, dust brother." Kiros glanced at the other three in the group, before talking in his native tongue. Ray followed suit, knowing that the mountain dwellers were not fond of outsiders. 

The others started down the mountainside, slinging their rifles upon their backs. Two of the youngest, only a few years in age, simply dropped the rifle they carried between them, and approached the Humvee. The mountain dwellers had no use for vehicles, and their sect had completely forgotten they existed. The children chattered quietly in their native tongue, as they too were skeptical of the newcomers, but their curiosity still got the best of themselves.

Offline Blaiiine

• Melodious Mouse
  • Psilocybear
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #71 on: May 11, 2017, 08:56:10 AM »
Blaine stood for a moment before making the bold decision to pick up his rifle, quickly slinging it over his shoulder. He slid his pistol back in it's holster, clasping the strap over it. Taking a drag off his cigarette, he stood up and leaned against the truck. Blaine knew it was probably a stupid move to grab his guns but he hated being told what to do.

"So, are we going to be allowed on our way or are we now in some old world horror flick?" Blaine sarcastically asked Ray, looking at the younger soldiers around the Humvee. The heavy, thrashing metal still played over the inner speakers of the vehicle, still echoing. The wind slowly picked back up, the tall pine trees' branches started swaying.

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
« Reply #72 on: May 11, 2017, 04:33:41 PM »
Ray turned with a smile hidden behind his headwrap. "My brothers are willing to resupply us, and...well...Kiros?"

Kiros nodded. "We will disable the metal-monster traps."  He started off towards the end of the road, shouting at a few nearby raccoons. They knelt a few feet away from each-other and began digging up large metal objects.

Ray sighed. "My brothers thought of us a Raider group. Hoping for food and water."

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #73 on: May 11, 2017, 05:00:37 PM »
"I wonder what gave them that idea," Skye mused sarcastically as she picked up her weapons. She clipped her Katanas to her belt and slung her rifle. While repairs were commenced on Ray's damaged vehicle, Skye decided to check on her other rifle. She unslung it from her pack, and began checking over the weapon.

(if anyone doesn't know what Skye's SG9 Raptor looks like, check the OOC Thread... if the image is still there.)

Offline Blaiiine

• Melodious Mouse
  • Psilocybear
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #74 on: May 11, 2017, 06:19:39 PM »
Blaine yawned and walked over to the Humvee, pulling the key from the ignition. The engine died and the music cut off abruptly, causing silence to sweep over the area. "I'll keep an eye out for any ferals or raiders..." Blaine said as he pulled his gloves on and walked off the side of the road. He lifted his rifle and wandered a couple feet into the thick forest.

Taking his pack of cigarettes out of a pouch, he looked around and examined his surroundings. Trees went on for what seemed like forever, occasionally the ground thicket would move from small game roaming. Blaine took out his flip lighter and lit his cigarette, closing the lighter with a loud clap. Lifting his rifle again, he took a few steps forward before seeing a deer bolt a couple feet ahead off him. He jumped and struggled to keep from firing his gun, knowing it would attract anything from ferals to raiders or even Huns.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2017, 07:06:09 AM by Blaiiine »