The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Silver Crystal  (Read 5479 times)

Offline Ara Av-Toa

• Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Awards
  • Currently: Abandoned profile
The Silver Crystal
« on: October 01, 2016, 08:07:24 PM »
There's been a mining exploration called the "Core Collectors" for years, trying to gather high-energy crystals from deep, dark caves. They come in a variety of colours and are said to form the planet's core when combined, but recently they found something unlike anything else: a silver one, simply bursting with energy. However, this energy density attracts monsters made of rocks, out to swipe it and destroy the exploration in their wake...
Up to the players is to prevent this from happening, by whatever means necessary!

Rules:
Minimize romance and violence description
No powerplaying and godmodding

Character template:
Name
Species
Class (mechanic, intelligent, pilot, driver, boater, chief(limit: 1))
Tools (must: mining tool, max. 5. Always changeable using HQ.)
Vehicle (optional, give short description. Always changeable with HQ.)

Terrain: grey rock, with both water rivers and lava flows.
Vehicles: any, but no spaceships or transformers to a different type. Types: ground, waterborne, airborne. Only drivers can steer large ground, only pilots airborne and only boaters waterborne. Low hoverers are counted as "ground".
HQ: equipped with all needs, from tool holders to upgrade lab to teleporters.

Name: Mary Love
Species: Sheep
Class: Intelligent
Tools: scanner, pickaxe, shovel, communicator
Vechile: Inspector II- A small, fast, low-hovering vechile equipped with a scanner and a small cargo holder.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 01:57:30 PM by Mary Love »

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
  • Chased by the fires of passion
    • Awards
  • Species: Raccoon
  • Coloring: Royal purple, save for two teardrop shaped gray patches on his chin, which runs to his collarbone, and the lower part of his abdomen.
  • Height: Varies
  • Weight: Varies
  • Build: Lanky
  • Currently: Pretty happy.
Re: The Silver Crystal
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2016, 11:22:25 AM »
Name: Rayleonarde "Ray" Blackburn
Species: Raccoon
Class: driver
Tools: Pneumatic drill, helmet-mounted lamp, hand-held topographic scanner.
Vehicle: N-36 'Goblin', a seventh-generation tracked exo-suit equipped with a diamond-tipped carbide drill, cargo hold, and a high-power lamp.

Offline Ara Av-Toa

• Influential Ibex
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2016, 01:56:00 PM »
It was a very quiet time for a while. There were diggers busy, here and there intelligents shared advice or strategies. The most dangerous beings in these surroundings were bats, and they weren't dangerous at all. Mary was at the HQ, taking a look at the silver crystal mined just a couple of weeks ago. It gleamed heavily in the lamplight. She looked around- nothing of interest exept miners and their vehicles. She yawned. "It's been boring lately. Too boring, almost. What are those monsters up to?"

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Royal purple, save for two teardrop shaped gray patches on his chin, which runs to his collarbone, and the lower part of his abdomen.
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2016, 12:35:53 PM »
Ray was sitting in the cockpit of his N-36 'Goblin' mining exo-suit, and checked in via radio. "Ray here, that new dig ready?"

Offline Ara Av-Toa

• Influential Ibex
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2016, 05:38:11 PM »
Mary heard the call and anwered: "Mary here. Hey Ray, you mean the discovery of that new cavern? That one has been called stable. But beware, you might just get an unexpected surprise. I'd say take care if you're planning on mining there."

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2016, 12:15:34 PM »
Ray nodded. "Thanks Mary. I'm always careful." He started off towards the new site.

Offline Angder

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Poster
  • WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Dark Blue with white fur around The palms of the Paws
  • Build: Anthro.
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2016, 03:25:16 PM »
Name: Angder
Species: Wolf
Class: Driver
Tools: Pickaxe,  communicator, Helmet, handheld Torch.
Vehicle: Meteor12,  Large Hovercraft, with two mining lasers mounted to the front, plenty of lights making it easy to see, and to give good visibility to the driver

((As we have teleporters, I am assuming mining lasers are fine.))
« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 05:36:30 PM by Angder »
  • Avatar by: A friend of mine IRL.
Angders weapons: Blizz - Burning Frost
Retired weapons: Blizz Tempest

All weapons were drawn by Zarc.

Please note that I have very little free time on Fridays.

Offline Naval

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online
  • *Sounds of crunching seashells*
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Garthim
  • Coloring: Oynx with shine over the exoskeleton, muddy brown hairs, with royal purple eyes.
  • Height: 6.7ft
  • Weight: 270lbs
  • Build: Bulky and bumpy, with a top heavy build.
  • Currently: Looking for a crystal... maybe one that has a darker color.
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2016, 03:53:33 PM »
Name: Gus Looray
Species : Beetle
Class: Mancanic
Tools: Sodering iron, jumper cables, monkey wrench, and his personal hand jack.
Clothing: Grey overalls, a red short sleeved shirt, a hard hat, wielding goggles, two rubber gloves, and a tool belt.

((Mm hmmm also! Just a minor thing. But i''m adding in clothing too.

• Avatar by: A picture from Google.
You know the greatest thing I can feel, is the feeling that when I have helped someone. That memory and act of kindness helps to mold them into something great. That thought, that feeling can't be beat. - This guy.

Offline Ara Av-Toa

• Influential Ibex
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2016, 03:31:37 PM »
(1: you can always tell more than the template recommends. 2: lasers are fine.)

Mary went back to looking at the silver crystal...

Offline Angder

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Poster
  • WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Dark Blue with white fur around The palms of the Paws
  • Build: Anthro.
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2016, 05:26:54 PM »
The hovercraft was running and minimal power, engine barely ticking over. the rounded front had a window for the driver, and above it 2 large mining lasers sat, like eyes peering out into the darkness.

Sitting in the cockpit, Angder sat looking into the darkness, the huge machine was not designed for mining crystals, and mostly acted as transport and storage. Angder sat in his chair, hands on the controls, trying not to fall asleep. Its funny how desprate he had been to be in one of these things, and how now he was here, it was just dull. Just long hours going out, delivering things, then driving back, occasionally blasting a fallen rock or digging a side passage. Regardless to say, it was underwhelming.
  • Avatar by: A friend of mine IRL.
Angders weapons: Blizz - Burning Frost
Retired weapons: Blizz Tempest

All weapons were drawn by Zarc.

Please note that I have very little free time on Fridays.

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2016, 01:22:42 PM »
Ray rolled into the dig site, and poked his head out of his rig. "Now...where be the gold, lads?!"

Offline Ara Av-Toa

• Influential Ibex
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2016, 04:53:57 PM »
One of the miners would reply to Ray: "You know we're not mining for gold, weirdo! We need crystals! I think there are some in the wall on your left, by the way."

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2016, 09:36:17 PM »
Ray chuckled. "I was just havin' a laugh, friend." He buttoned up his rig, and started drilling.

Offline Razuel

• Jovial Jaguar
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Most Online
  • A true gentleman fights to protect
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Western Feral Dragon
  • Coloring: Black body,wings(underside is red), Red underbelly, silver-ish Spikes along spine
  • Height: 6' 12''
  • Weight: 217
  • Build: Muscular
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2016, 12:44:55 AM »
Character template: http://www.furaffinity.net/view/19880754/
Name: Razuel Dracon
Species: Western Feral Dragling
Class: None
Tools: The closest I'm having Raz have to a mining laser is a concentrated beam of light from his soulstone(A large gem embedded on his chest)
Vehicle: None

(I'm hoping that I can do this with Raz as a little dragling. What I'm planning on having Raz do is assisting one of the people who're playing, being close to a pet, but not quite.)

^ Is really happy, and spreads positivity around the forums and even the world. This person is a really cool and friendly person, and really deserves everything life has to offer. This person is how everyone should be like. When I grow up, I want to be just like Razuel

Offline Ara Av-Toa

• Influential Ibex
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2016, 08:06:39 PM »
Ray barely put his drill in the wall or two evil red eyes opened up right in front of him, paired with a low grumble like an earthquake. It resonated through the entire cave system. To make things worse: more of those red eyes opened up in the entire system, awoken by the grumbling.

Mary was shaken up by it and saw the glearing eyes. "Oh dang. Please don't tell me they're going to try a mass attack!" She hastily searched contact to all crew: "Everyone! Return to HQ ASAP! I suspect a mass attack- Relay this to those who don't have comm tech! We can't let them take our crystals!"