The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Greatness of Iridescence [Closed]  (Read 5192 times)

Offline FinalPam

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
  • "NEXT TIME YOU INVITE PAM."
    • Awards
  • Species: Dragon, feathered wings
  • Coloring: Pastel pink and blue, with swirling patterns around the horns and tail.
  • Height: 6'1"
  • Weight: 173 lbs.
  • Build: Chubby
Greatness of Iridescence [Closed]
« on: September 27, 2016, 08:25:34 PM »
[[OOC thread is here.]]

The first recorded history we have is that the world was ruled by dragons. They held dominion over the lesser races with their powerful magic, demanding tribute and luxury. But just as all empires grow and rise, they must fall. Traces of the draconic empire are nonexistent. Dragons still live today among the other races. Magic left its mark on the world, giving its power to whoever had the determination to master it. It's as if the empire never happened.

But dragons have always been just a little bit more powerful, more ambitious. One has to wonder if they remember what it was like to be gods.

One has to wonder if they want their empire back.

A pale gray sky looms over you, no less bright for its gloominess. The cobbled streets are still damp from last night's rain, shining ever so slightly in the sparse sunlight. The humble two-story townhouses lining the streets are a rustic sort of beautiful, with ivy clinging to their walls and wrought-iron balconies hanging over the street. The morning fog is just beginning to burn away on this lazy Sunday. And lazy it is, with the streets practically empty.

Ahead of you, a large pink and blue dragon in a larger coat unlocks a shop and goes inside, a tiny bell announcing her arrival. There's a hanging sign overhead, though the fog renders it unreadable from a distance.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 05:05:57 PM by FinalPam »
  • Avatar by: shannondapper.tumblr.com (not me, i've got permission, we cool)
testimonials:
"i don't capitalize words to preserve my aesthetic" -me

"you can't put an ice cream sandwich in a blender and call it a milkshake, it doesn't work like that, nothing works like that" -me

"LOOK OUT ITS PAM" -monster factory, maybe not about me

"do you get to the cloud district very often? oh, what am i saying, of course you don't" -nazeem, aka nazmeme

Offline Razuel

• Jovial Jaguar
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Most Online
  • A true gentleman fights to protect
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Western Feral Dragon
  • Coloring: Black body,wings(underside is red), Red underbelly, silver-ish Spikes along spine
  • Height: 6' 12''
  • Weight: 217
  • Build: Muscular
Re: Greatness of Iridescence [Closed]
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2016, 09:42:26 PM »
Raz was running for his life, having just escaped from his slaver, and although he lost his previous owner in the run.

Raz eventually ran out of stamina and collapsed in front of the Dragon's store with a huff, scars plastered all over his body, a leather muzzle and a set of leather mitts to accompany the scars, some still fresh, and a few still open

^ Is really happy, and spreads positivity around the forums and even the world. This person is a really cool and friendly person, and really deserves everything life has to offer. This person is how everyone should be like. When I grow up, I want to be just like Razuel

Offline FinalPam

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Pastel pink and blue, with swirling patterns around the horns and tail.
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2016, 10:06:12 PM »
The dragoness doesn't notice the collapsed figure at first, taking care of some things in the shop. She meticulously straightens the displays- bottles of all kinds, herbs, strange figures and amulets- before turning to look over a window display of dried flowers. As she goes to harvest some dried lavender, her gaze flickers up to the dark being on the sidewalk, and her heart nearly stops at the sight. She stands paralyzed for but a moment before turning to frantically gather several bottles and salves. She tries her hardest not to take her eyes off the injured feral, doing so only to grab some sort of pendant from a high shelf.

As she opens the door, the softest of dings emanates. The dragoness freezes. She looks down at the feral dragon, mentally debating what to do.

She rebalances the piles of potions in her arms and carefully walks over to the feral, tilting her head. "Um-" she hazards a gentle tap on the feral's head. "-are you alright?"
testimonials:

"you can't put an ice cream sandwich in a blender and call it a milkshake, it doesn't work like that, nothing works like that" -me

"do you get to the cloud district very often? oh, what am i saying, of course you don't" -nazeem, aka nazmeme

Offline Razuel

• Jovial Jaguar
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Most Online
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Black body,wings(underside is red), Red underbelly, silver-ish Spikes along spine
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2016, 10:17:40 PM »
Raz's eyes squinted for a moment and slowly opened, and he was caught off guard and he tried to push away, but pulled something and let out a yelp, a dried blood outline below where he was laying down, he then tried to get closer to the dragoness, feeling that he could trust her, and as he moved, his breathing was raspy and stuttered, and as he got closer to her, he started to black out, collapsing again, but was still breathing and alive... barely

^ Is really happy, and spreads positivity around the forums and even the world. This person is a really cool and friendly person, and really deserves everything life has to offer. This person is how everyone should be like. When I grow up, I want to be just like Razuel

Offline FinalPam

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2016, 10:32:42 PM »
"Oh!" She jumped back slightly, trying to assess the situation. "Sir-" she stuttered, before watching the dragon collapse. She immediately kneeled down, setting down several of her things. Taking care not to harm him, she removed the leather muzzle and mitts before placing them in one of the larger coat pockets.

"...Alright, then. Let's get you fixed up." She lifted the dragon's muzzle slightly, opening it by hand while she uncorked a bottle of burgundy liquid. She carefully poured a small stream down the dragon's throat, muttering some strange words. After the bottle was half drained, she let the dragon's head rest on the pavement. Several of the dragon's smaller wounds slowly knitted shut, and the larger ones stopped bleeding.

Unable to carry the dragon inside, she makes a quick trip inside for a couple of blankets before carefully placing one under the dragon's head. She kneels on another, watching over the dragon. After a few minutes, boredom gets to her and she pulls out a large, ornate book, covertly writing something in it.
testimonials:

Offline Razuel

• Jovial Jaguar
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2016, 10:40:37 PM »
Raz woke up not too long after and he started horking, coughing up a black-ish blob before looking at the dragoness, seeing his muzzle and mitts were off and he slowly climbed onto her lap, curling up in it, muttering something in his natural tongue, "Mommy~..."

Offline FinalPam

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2016, 10:49:52 PM »
She stiffens slightly as the dragon curls in her lap, putting away her book. She tenses further at the dragon's murmuring, gathering up her things. When she gets everything situated in her arms, she sighs before gently pushing the dragon. "Come on, little thing, it's time to come on inside."
testimonials:

Offline Razuel

• Jovial Jaguar
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2016, 10:55:33 PM »
Raz slowly climbed off her lap and followed her inside, looking around the room whilst he followed her, nuzzling her leg as they walked, him still having a visible limp

Offline FinalPam

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2016, 11:10:17 PM »
The shop is a menagerie of shelves and boxes. Bottles of all shapes and sizes line the walls. Dried herbs and flowers are strewn about, making the place smell almost overpoweringly floral. On the higher shelves, as if trying to be hidden, are what looks like jewelry and little statuettes. Off of the main shop floor, a hallway leads to a staircase, a few closed doors on the first floor.

"Here, I'll set a little place out for you." The dragoness bundles up the two quilts into a simple cushion, placing it on the floor between two stacks of boxes. "I'll get you some food after I get everything situated." She fiddles with some of the papers on the counter, looking a tad nervous.
testimonials:

Offline Razuel

• Jovial Jaguar
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2016, 11:15:00 PM »
Raz went to lay down, but looked at the dragoness and nudged her hip as he noticed something was bothering her, and again, he spoke in his native tongue, "Mommy?..."

Offline FinalPam

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2016, 11:31:52 PM »
She sighed and looked away, a strange, sorrowful emotion on her face. "Zu'u los ni hin monah. I am not your mother." she murmurs, turning away. A moment later, her face softens, and she smiles down at the little dragon. "Mu fod saraan. We should wait. Maybe you'll make a new friend." She looks back outside.

"And, you know, I do need to get that sign repainted." The hanging sign outside reads Grandeur de Iridescence, and underneath that, Alchimie - Herboristerie - Divinatorie . It is a little worse for wear, the colors faded with time.
testimonials:

Offline Razuel

• Jovial Jaguar
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2016, 11:37:53 PM »
Raz looked sad when she told him that she wasn't his mother, slowly limping back to the makeshift bed and then curling up on it, "Sorry..."

Offline Tina

• Kuddly Kitten
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online
  • People have put me down, but i get right back up.
    • Awards
  • Species: Kobold
  • Coloring: Brown
  • Height: 3 ft
  • Weight: 65 pounds
  • Build: Pretty pudgy
  • Currently: Feeling hungry.
Re: Greatness of Iridescence [Open, Signups In OOC Thread]
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2016, 04:57:51 PM »
Neko jogged through the empty streets simply for the purposes of getting some excersise. Today she had on a green tank top, black short shorts and sneakers. The streets looked rather ominous today but it didn't bother Neko. She knew her own strength and she famous enough that few people would have the guts to take her on, especially since Neko could put professional weight lifters to shame.

As she moved at a brisk pace past all the closed shops, she noticed one in particular that caught her interest. It seemed like a spice shop and seeing it was open, Neko thought to stop by and pick up some tea for later. She walks to the door and goes in.

"Hey you open? I wanted to pick up..." Neko started with a smile but as soon as she saw the distress in the dragoness'seyes and the beat up feral dragon on the bed, her smile disappeared.
"...some tea."
  • Avatar by: Plasma-snake on Deviantart
Current fursona: Tina

Pet's name: Star
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!

Offline Razuel

• Jovial Jaguar
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
Re: Greatness of Iridescence [Open, Signups In OOC Thread]
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2016, 06:10:44 PM »
Raz perked up when he saw the new person, but lowered his head when it wasn't who he was expecting it to be.

Offline FinalPam

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2016, 08:08:53 PM »
"Ah, hello!" The dragoness stood up from leaning on the counter, horns bobbing a bit. "I do sell tea, and don't mind the little one here. Poor thing just needs some rest, that's all. My name is Miss Sucre Verre, though you can call me whatever you wish."

She stands and directs Neko to one of the stacks of boxes. Rifling through its contents, she talks to Neko as she looks. "I've got... some jasmine, some hibiscus, your standard green tea, a chamomile, some rose petal, and-" She grabs something from the box all of a sudden. It looks like a red tea bag. "And- well, this one isn't quite for sale. I must have misplaced it... Here, pick out what you want, I need to go put this away."

She pulls herself up before heading down the back hallway. Three doors and a staircase are there, two doors on the right and one on the left. One of the doors on the right is open, and you can see the end of a couch. Must be a living room. Another is cracked, with a bright light coming through. The door on the left is closed. Sucre walks down the hallway pensively, unlocking the door on the left before closing it behind her.
testimonials: