The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Greatness of Iridescence [Closed]  (Read 5194 times)

Offline Razuel

• Jovial Jaguar
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Most Online
  • A true gentleman fights to protect
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Western Feral Dragon
  • Coloring: Black body,wings(underside is red), Red underbelly, silver-ish Spikes along spine
  • Height: 6' 12''
  • Weight: 217
  • Build: Muscular
Re: Greatness of Iridescence [Open, Signups In OOC Thread]
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2016, 08:21:50 PM »
Raz saw the dragoness leave and he tried to go after her but couldn't get up as he was too tired to stand and simply rolled off his make shift bed, looking up at Neko before scrambling to get back onto the small bed, facing the wall to look away from her, scars on his body and recent stitch marks on one of the joints of his wing.

^ Is really happy, and spreads positivity around the forums and even the world. This person is a really cool and friendly person, and really deserves everything life has to offer. This person is how everyone should be like. When I grow up, I want to be just like Razuel

Offline Tina

• Kuddly Kitten
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online
  • People have put me down, but i get right back up.
    • Awards
  • Species: Kobold
  • Coloring: Brown
  • Height: 3 ft
  • Weight: 65 pounds
  • Build: Pretty pudgy
  • Currently: Feeling hungry.
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2016, 11:06:28 PM »
Neko wasn't sure what that red powder was but it sure looked suspicious. However Neko got distracted as razuel past by. She saw his scars and stitches and couldn't help but feel disgusted.
"Who would harm such an innocent creature." Neko dug into one of her pockets and pulled out a bag of home made trail mix. She pulled out a piece of jerky and kneeled next to Raz to offer it to him, while also keeping a watchful eye out for Sucre. Neko was not totally sure she was trustworthy as she seemed.
  • Avatar by: Plasma-snake on Deviantart
Current fursona: Tina

Pet's name: Star
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!

Offline Razuel

• Jovial Jaguar
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Most Online
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Black body,wings(underside is red), Red underbelly, silver-ish Spikes along spine
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2016, 11:27:43 PM »
Raz flinched when Neko put her hand close to him, shutting his eyes and then slowly opening them after, looking up to see her comforting smile, hesitating to grab the jerky at first but then slowly grabbing it and pulling it into his maw, slowly nibbling at it as he held Neko's hand

^ Is really happy, and spreads positivity around the forums and even the world. This person is a really cool and friendly person, and really deserves everything life has to offer. This person is how everyone should be like. When I grow up, I want to be just like Razuel

Offline FinalPam

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
  • "NEXT TIME YOU INVITE PAM."
    • Awards
  • Species: Dragon, feathered wings
  • Coloring: Pastel pink and blue, with swirling patterns around the horns and tail.
  • Height: 6'1"
  • Weight: 173 lbs.
  • Build: Chubby
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2016, 12:53:53 PM »
A few minutes later, Sucre returned upstairs, closing the door behind her.

Neko, but not Razuel, notices that she forgot to lock the door.

"There we are, everything in its proper place." Sucre sees Razuel and Neko and smiles, giggling a bit. "Aww, you've made a friend, little one!" She walks over to the two of them, kneeling down and smiling at the little one before remembering her obligation. "Ah! Ms. Thompson, have you picked out some tea yet?"

Both Neko and Razuel feel as if there's something wrong here...
  • Avatar by: shannondapper.tumblr.com (not me, i've got permission, we cool)
testimonials:
"i don't capitalize words to preserve my aesthetic" -me

"you can't put an ice cream sandwich in a blender and call it a milkshake, it doesn't work like that, nothing works like that" -me

"LOOK OUT ITS PAM" -monster factory, maybe not about me

"do you get to the cloud district very often? oh, what am i saying, of course you don't" -nazeem, aka nazmeme

Offline Razuel

• Jovial Jaguar
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2016, 01:41:57 PM »
Raz pulled Neko's hand down to under his chin, and then began to nuzzle her hand

Offline Tina

• Kuddly Kitten
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2016, 02:51:54 PM »
"Umm yeah..." Neko began but wasn't quite sure what to say, she just pet Raz's head as he seemed to want attention.
"...hey I know this is sudden, but I can tell this dragon isn't exactly yours. I know a thing or to about how to care for ferals and wouldn't mind taking him in." Neko being a technical pacifist really wanted to get Razuel out of here but would rather not resort to being hostile right off the bat. Sucre definitely was hiding something and whatever it was in that back room, it could not be good.
"...also what were you doing back there?"

Offline FinalPam

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Pastel pink and blue, with swirling patterns around the horns and tail.
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2016, 03:25:04 PM »
"I was just putting things away. I have a small storeroom in the basement for ingredients that are sensitive to light, like crystals. Their colors dull over time if they're exposed to too much sunlight. And that red tea doesn't brew quite right if it gets exposed to water. We had a flood a while ago, and it put the first floor of my shop under a few inches of water. I had to throw out so many herbs..." Sucre sighs. "And I think it'd be fine if you took care of this little one for a while. Poor thing was collapsed on the sidewalk when I was setting up this morning. I had a spare potion on hand, which helped ease the pain and get rid of some of the surface wounds. If you want, you can- Oh, actually, there is something I should tell you."

She stands, walking behind the counter. "I can sell things for money, but I don't prefer to. I much prefer bartering- you know, one thing for another? It's always fun to see what I get for my wares. And I was going to say..." Sucre takes a few bottles of colorful liquid out from under the counter, along with some bandages. "These are for the little one. And, actually, I have a little gift for a little dragon..." She beats her wings once, grabbing something from the high shelf behind the counter. "Here you are."

The item is a small pendant, with the charm a detailed dragon's head. At the bottom of the charm is a small, glass, slit-pupiled eye. "It's just a simple token."

"So," she says, "how would you like to pay?"
testimonials:

"you can't put an ice cream sandwich in a blender and call it a milkshake, it doesn't work like that, nothing works like that" -me

"do you get to the cloud district very often? oh, what am i saying, of course you don't" -nazeem, aka nazmeme

Offline Razuel

• Jovial Jaguar
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2016, 03:34:39 PM »
Raz looked at the pendant and gave a slight coo when he saw it, obviously taking interest in it

Offline Tina

• Kuddly Kitten
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2016, 04:11:59 PM »
Neko was also very curious. Potions as far as she knew potions were a simpler form of magic that even someone who has no aptitude for magic could learn how to create. However the talk of crystals and the strangeness of the pendant all suggested that maybe Sucre actually did have some magical talented. Which was fine with Neko if she hit the nail on the head because so many people were afraid of magic.
"...I think I have something." Neko reaches into her pocket and pulls out a fairly good sized coin with what looked like magic ruins on both sides of it. Neko didn't know that though, it was simply handed to her.
"I was given this by some old lizard off the streets...don't know what it is but whenever I have it i feel strange, but in a sort of good way. You think it could be worth something?"

To the untrained eye this coin was just a really odd coin, but if Sucre really was magic she would feel it resonating with her. Any normal person would feel nothing, which is why Neko finds it strange that she does.

Offline FinalPam

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
Re: Greatness of Iridescence [Closed]
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2016, 05:13:05 PM »
"Ah!" Sucre quickly took the coin from Moka's hand, turning it over in her hands. "This is... certainly fascinating. Yes, this will pay for everything." Sucre grins, eyes wide with wonder and excitement. And, another emotion, deeper...

"Right." Sucre remembers her obligations and bundles the potions in paper before placing them in a simple leather satchel. "I hand-make these bags, you know. Normally they would cost quite a bit, but for such a thing as this, it's yours."

Sucre seems to remember something, her eyes widening further with awestruck surprise. "And, and- if you or the little one want something else, you can have it. Jewelry, one of my figures," she gestures to one of the upper shelves, "potions, salves- I even do divinations! Perhaps you would like to see what awaits you in the future?"
testimonials:

Offline Tina

• Kuddly Kitten
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2016, 05:41:21 PM »
"A fortune sounds nice and I could definitely use the potions. In my line of work I have to deal with plenty of injuries, mostly idiots that can't use the equipment at my gym correctly." Neko said and took the bag and tying it to her belt.

"So...how exactly does this Divination work? I don't use magic so I have no clue, which by the be careful who you tell that to. Some people in this area aren't that nice to wizards, mages or whatever people want to call those who use magic."

Offline FinalPam

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2016, 06:10:21 PM »
"Well, Divination's very complicated. And I know I've been on the receiving end of such prejudice for a while." Sucre smiles, a strange look in her eyes.

"But back to divination. There are many methods, but I use tarot cards. Here, I'll show you-" She walks into one of the back rooms- the one with the couch in it- and comes back with an ornate box.

Opening the box, she pulls out an ornate deck of cards. "I've already consecrated the deck, so we should get accurate results." She sets the box down on the counter and pushes a few things aside, standing across from Neko. "Here's how it will work: I will draw cards from the deck and place them in a certain orientation, called a spread. Though, actually, there's multiple spreads for multiple problems."

"A basic three-card spread explores dreams. The Celtic Cross spread is very popular, and sheds light on many aspects of your life. And I have other spreads, for astrological, planetary, birthdays, star guides... Or, perhaps, romance?"
testimonials:

Offline Tina

• Kuddly Kitten
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2016, 06:42:32 PM »
Neko seemed fascinated by the whole concept and picked up Raz gently so he can watch this unfold as well.
"Alright then...let's get started."

Neko was not expecting today to turn out like this, but the old man that gave her the strange coin in the first place had said this about it.

Neko had met the man in an old pawn shop a while she was getting rid of some old useless treasures. The man instead of paying her, gave her the coin and explained.

"This coin believe or not has been passed through the centuries into the hands of many gifted people. It is rarely spoken of but it is said to have been held by the Emperor of the Dragon Empire himself, right before it all came crashing down. My life is coming to a close and the coin has already brought much fortune to my life...but the coin does not bless everyone the same way and can even curse you. So hold onto it until you know when to give it away...and if you don't the coin certainly will.

Neko after that had observed the coin she was handed and was going to ask questions...but the old man disappeared. According to people she had asked the man that used to run that ran the pawn shop was in fact not an old man and apparently it was actually getting torn apart to put in a new pub. The pawn shop had closed years ago...but Neko still had the coin to prove the man had in fact gave it to her.

Post Merge: October 02, 2016, 06:47:28 PM
Neko seemed fascinated by the whole concept and picked up Raz gently so he can watch this unfold as well.
"Alright then...let's get started."

Neko was not expecting today to turn out like this, but the old man that gave her the strange coin in the first place had said this about it.

Neko had met the man in an old pawn shop a while she was getting rid of some old useless treasures. The man instead of paying her, gave her the coin and explained.

"This coin believe or not has been passed through the centuries into the hands of many gifted people. It is rarely spoken of but it is said to have been held by the Emperor of the Dragon Empire himself, right before it all came crashing down. My life is coming to a close and the coin has already brought much fortune to my life...but the coin does not bless everyone the same way and can even curse you. So hold onto it until you know when to give it away...and if you don't the coin certainly will.

Neko after that had observed the coin she was handed and was going to ask questions...but the old man disappeared. According to people she had asked the man that used to run that ran the pawn shop was in fact not an old man and apparently it was actually getting torn apart to put in a new pub. The pawn shop had closed years ago...but Neko still had the coin to prove the man had in fact gave it to her.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 06:47:29 PM by Magic Moka, Reason: Merged DoublePost »

Offline Razuel

• Jovial Jaguar
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2016, 07:19:22 PM »
Raz limped to the two and went to beside Sucre, propping himself up to her pocket and trying to pull the coin out, subconsciously knowing what it is

Offline FinalPam

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2016, 07:48:13 PM »

Sucre suddenly starts up as Razuel paws at her pocket. A look of terror crosses her face, and she takes the coin and places it in an inner pocket before exhaling, regaining her calm countenance.

"Well, first you must ask yourself: what is the problem you wish to solve? Or, perhaps, what is the question you wish to answer? Though, sometimes, the question is what you're looking for. Here, I'll use the Quick Love spread."

She comes around the counter to stand next to Neko and Razuel. "The cards can change meaning depending on how they're facing, you know. We wouldn't want a flip-flopped spread now, would we?"

"This first card shows where you are now." Sucre says, drawing the top card from the deck and placing it face-up on the table. The card shows a wolf holding some sort of rod high in the air, with an infinity symbol floating above his head. "This card is the Magician... You're confident and strong, and hold great power within you. You're always ready to take action when it's needed."

"The second card is laid over the first card, with the top facing right. It represents key challenges preventing you from moving forward in your life. If the question has to do with romance, it represents problems that are keeping you from moving forward in your love life." Sucre draws another card, laying it on top of the Magician. The card shows a skull-faced knight riding on a horse as people in the background plead to it. It is labeled "DEATH". However, the top faces left instead of right.

"Ah, an inverted card. Inverted cards have reversed meanings. Don't look so distressed, the Death card isn't always bad. Here, it symbolizes that your resistance of change and refusal to move on is causing your problem."

Sucre turns over a third card, laying it to the left of the first card. The card is labeled "THE HERMIT" and shows an old, wizened dog in hooded robes holding a lantern and a staff. It is upside down. "This card symbolizes the problems you held in the past that affect your current situation. The inverted Hermit means a few things, namely loneliness, isolation, and withdrawal. Things are starting to come together, but the final card will show the future- what is to come, and a possible solution."

Sucre turns over a final card. This card is labeled "THE TOWER", and shows two robed cats jumping from a burning tower. Lightning strikes the tower, and it seems as though a crown is falling from the tower's peak. It is right-side-up. "Ah," says Sucre, pondering for a moment. "I almost expected such a thing. The Tower symbolizes sudden and dramatic change, sometimes even disaster. But the four cards together..."

"Here is my tale. You believe yourself powerful now, but in the past you had isolated yourself for your power. And now, you must learn to defy yourself and accept the great change that is to come." Sucre gathers up the cards, shuffling them before placing them back in the box.

"I don't know how the little one fits into all this. Good luck." Sucre walks back into the couch room, presumably to put away the box.

Neko and Razuel remember that the leftmost door is unlocked.
testimonials: