The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Fallout  (Read 4055 times)

Offline Razuel

• Jovial Jaguar
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Most Online
  • A true gentleman fights to protect
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Western Feral Dragon
  • Coloring: Black body,wings(underside is red), Red underbelly, silver-ish Spikes along spine
  • Height: 6' 12''
  • Weight: 217
  • Build: Muscular
Re: Fallout
« Reply #45 on: May 01, 2016, 05:16:34 AM »
Anyone know where Ray is?

^ Is really happy, and spreads positivity around the forums and even the world. This person is a really cool and friendly person, and really deserves everything life has to offer. This person is how everyone should be like. When I grow up, I want to be just like Razuel

Offline tangletail

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx
  • Coloring: Grey and black
  • Height: 6' 9" dued to long animalistic like hind legs
  • Weight: 190
  • Build: leath and lanky
« Reply #46 on: May 01, 2016, 06:30:26 AM »
Not difficulty  at all, its the rp. Every game they remove more and more and make the characters you can make less diverse.

As well as story and background, i spent hundreds of hours in morrowind and fallout 3 cause there was so much in them, now they are pushing them out without adding more depth.

Ive always been someone who always  played on hardest difficulty to be fair.

Take it from a computer science student that is programming his own game CRPG from scratch right now. It's a LOT harder than you, and anyone else, could possibly think of. I've had a chance to speak with the programmers of Baulders Gate and a brief chance to talk to Laurian Studios.

Baulders Gate had a lot of responces the player could choose from, but very few of them actually effected the story differently. Other than changing your character class, there's pretty much very little replay value in the game.

Laurian Studio's did make it where it accounted for every possibility that could happen in the game. You could kill everyone in the game and still beat it just fine. Even without talking to them. However, they nearly went bankrupt before the game was complete. This also put a LOT of stress on the writers for a game that was only about 40hrs in runtime length for a single session.

For my game, choices do matter as it's premises is the journey, and not the end it effects the end of the game. It is a flipping nightmare to try and account for everything, so it needs to be more streamlined. Or Black and White.

Yeah, you were limited to just three to four options. However, those options greatly expand as your companions will actually add their own unique input to the situation, and the characters you were speaking to may even interact with them. So it's not a total loss.

As for depth. It's all there. Each character is unique. More unique then what was given to you than in any bethesda game. The enviorments are even more detailed, and each building and room tends to have it's own story. If not, everything is carefully and skillfully placed. Borrow the game and take a look around. You'll be surprised at what you find.

IF you do get the game, I recomend that if you plan on playing survival, start on survival. If you go into it midway through, it's slightly easy. But if you start the game with it, then it's rewarding. You can get killed real quickly by rad roaches, and getting shot once will nearly kill you. They made damage realistic. So not only do you take more damage, you output more damage as well. If your enemy's head is not covered with a helmet, you are basically almost always getting a insta kill (Wear a helmet, you'll be surprised how many shots that land on you are actually headshots). Same to you though... take a blow to the head and it's death. And the more enemies you kill, the harder you hit. You can only save by sleeping, and you can no longer fast travel.

Oh, and robots are basically Deus Ex Machina. They eat a heap of bullets for breakfast.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 06:34:19 AM by tangletail »
I can givz u Triforce? ♥
  ▲
▲ ▲

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
  • Chased by the fires of passion
    • Awards
  • Species: Raccoon
  • Coloring: Royal purple, save for two teardrop shaped gray patches on his chin, which runs to his collarbone, and the lower part of his abdomen.
  • Height: Varies
  • Weight: Varies
  • Build: Lanky
  • Currently: Pretty happy.
« Reply #47 on: May 01, 2016, 10:47:02 AM »
Sorry, guys. I've been kinda busy this weekend.

Offline PossumDeMort

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • Equal Oppertunity Romantic
    • Awards
  • Species: Possum
  • Currently: Lurking...
« Reply #48 on: May 01, 2016, 01:42:05 PM »
i am correct in remembering the bombs dropped 200-300 years ago, so no one would know raz

Offline Razuel

• Jovial Jaguar
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Most Online
  • A true gentleman fights to protect
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Western Feral Dragon
  • Coloring: Black body,wings(underside is red), Red underbelly, silver-ish Spikes along spine
  • Height: 6' 12''
  • Weight: 217
  • Build: Muscular
« Reply #49 on: May 01, 2016, 01:53:51 PM »
Fixed it

^ Is really happy, and spreads positivity around the forums and even the world. This person is a really cool and friendly person, and really deserves everything life has to offer. This person is how everyone should be like. When I grow up, I want to be just like Razuel

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Royal purple, save for two teardrop shaped gray patches on his chin, which runs to his collarbone, and the lower part of his abdomen.
« Reply #50 on: May 01, 2016, 01:59:38 PM »
Ghouls could, they're essentially immortal, due to the radiation and whatnot.  Edward Winter, in Fallout 4, is over two-hundred years old.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 02:01:36 PM by Rayleonarde »

Offline Tina

• Kuddly Kitten
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online
  • People have put me down, but i get right back up.
    • Awards
  • Species: Kobold
  • Coloring: Brown
  • Height: 3 ft
  • Weight: 65 pounds
  • Build: Pretty pudgy
  • Currently: Feeling hungry.
« Reply #51 on: May 02, 2016, 10:14:07 PM »
Hey was wondering what has happened since I left.
  • Avatar by: Plasma-snake on Deviantart
Current fursona: Tina

Pet's name: Star
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: May 03, 2016, 12:57:23 AM »
The Brotherhood of Outcasts attacked the Castle, and have now taken it.

Offline Tina

• Kuddly Kitten
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online
  • People have put me down, but i get right back up.
    • Awards
  • Species: Kobold
  • Coloring: Brown
  • Height: 3 ft
  • Weight: 65 pounds
  • Build: Pretty pudgy
  • Currently: Feeling hungry.
« Reply #53 on: May 03, 2016, 01:16:24 AM »
Yeah I had time to read that. Already posted about what Lenna is doing.
  • Avatar by: Plasma-snake on Deviantart
Current fursona: Tina

Pet's name: Star
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!

Offline Jacob Hail

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • The one and only fantastic Mr Grayfox
    • Steam
    • Awards
  • Species: Grayfox
  • Coloring: Normal color and markings of a grayfox, save for the right ear which is all orange
  • Height: 5'8
  • Weight: 130ish
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: The grayest fox
« Reply #54 on: May 03, 2016, 04:35:47 AM »
Sorry, i meant to get back to this but have been busy. And to answer your question Tangle Vexs squad wasnt the only one deployed to yhe east :P There is a legion forward base set up in New York, and different scouting groups around that state. So Vex has simply called some of them in.
Thats it! Your flesh is now forfit to the impending doom down yonder in the horse fields!

Offline Farewell

• Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter Top 10 Most Online
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: May 24, 2016, 11:55:06 PM »