The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Fallout  (Read 4078 times)

Offline tangletail

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx
  • Coloring: Grey and black
  • Height: 6' 9" dued to long animalistic like hind legs
  • Weight: 190
  • Build: leath and lanky
Re: Fallout
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2016, 01:55:04 PM »
That is some amazing fire power if BOS really planned on taking the castle. Even with vertibirds and fatmans.
I can givz u Triforce? ♥
  ▲
▲ ▲

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
  • Chased by the fires of passion
    • Awards
  • Species: Raccoon
  • Coloring: Royal purple, save for two teardrop shaped gray patches on his chin, which runs to his collarbone, and the lower part of his abdomen.
  • Height: Varies
  • Weight: Varies
  • Build: Lanky
  • Currently: Pretty happy.
« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2016, 02:22:54 PM »
Well (and spoilers) it's the Brotherhood of Outcasts. I recently got A Tale of Two Wastelands working, and wanted to show my black-and-crimson comrades some love. Even though, technically, that quest was the end of the Outcasts, I figured that the Brotherhood would have more Outcasts.

But, anyway, a surprise attack, in any event, is usually detrimental. Especially when your fortifications are manned by, what are essentially, upgraded jawbers. The Minutemen haven't had formal military training, but the BOS, and subsequently the Outcasts, have had some sort of rudimentary training.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 02:24:25 PM by Rayleonarde »

Offline tangletail

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2016, 02:39:22 PM »
Actually, according to Fallout 4, the minutemen do recieve formal training. They are not as well equipped as the BOS. But they do have more impressive weapons to work with not to mention Artillary support from local settlements is nice too. Nor do they have much of an issue with orders at the moment. They volunteered to protect their homes without pay.

But if it's the outcasts. Yeeaah, yeaah.. that might be a different story all together. Sssort of. Still aren't as well equipped as the regular BOS. And they don't have any plans on using their technology.
I can givz u Triforce? ♥
  ▲
▲ ▲

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Royal purple, save for two teardrop shaped gray patches on his chin, which runs to his collarbone, and the lower part of his abdomen.
« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2016, 02:42:20 PM »
I get 'cha...Ah well, let's assume the Minutemen WON'T fire on the Castle, for fear of damaging it? And we'll say that this particular branch of the Outcasts are equal to, if not better equipped? Say they found Enclave storage locations?

Offline tangletail

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2016, 02:44:16 PM »
Eh I mean the fields :P they won't fire anywhere near their own settlements. If the Outcasts rushed and avoided the defenses or managed to take out the defences from afar then they'd have a better shot. Vertibirds won't do the trick, they'd get shot out of the sky. They can't get to high ground. So they'll probably use portable mortars. It can get over the wall from a good distance away, and from level or lower ground.

That fort was historically known for being one of the HARDEST places to take.
I can givz u Triforce? ♥
  ▲
▲ ▲

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2016, 02:47:56 PM »
Good points, but I needed a baseboard. I figured I'd use the Castle as the starting ground.

Offline tangletail

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: April 28, 2016, 03:16:51 PM »
I would have chosen the Corvega Factory. It'd be the best place for them. Reinforce and upgrade their armors. The largest factory in the game I think Create new and unconventional firearms. It's dug in pretty well. On the new survival, you'd have to hell to pay for going into that area, even with your armor. If the ghouls didn't kill you, all the natural rookery's will. It took me a LOT of tries to get -to- the corvega factory. Several MORE tries to get into the factory without sneaking. That was the only way I could get in. Trying to take out the raiders at the top of the factory was a nightmare.

If I was being cunning, and going on the fact that no one in the common wealth knows the outlaws, I'd poke the Castle to stir up crap. Wouldn't tell the men doing it that they would probably die trying to get TO it, and that they'd have a higher chance of survival trying to invade it without their armor. Buy you time to get things taken care of under the radar. Taking settlements, or worse locate whats left of the institute or the old Enclave Facility. And in the mean time... Minute Men and BOS whom were on -decent- terms if not already pointing guns at each other... are trying to kill each other.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 03:21:17 PM by tangletail »
I can givz u Triforce? ♥
  ▲
▲ ▲

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: April 28, 2016, 10:57:55 PM »
Yeah, that's honestly a better plan. I didn't give much thought as to WHERE the baseboard would be.

Offline PossumDeMort

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Equal Oppertunity Romantic
    • Awards
  • Species: Possum
  • Currently: Lurking...
« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2016, 02:35:08 PM »
Fell like i should point out that a normal suit of armor takes about 9 minutes to put on at a casual pace, while people are hoping in and out of power armor, also ive never played 4 so expect me to say non canon stuff if this is strictly based on the area.

Offline tangletail

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: April 30, 2016, 03:23:40 PM »
Fell like i should point out that a normal suit of armor takes about 9 minutes to put on at a casual pace, while people are hoping in and out of power armor, also ive never played 4 so expect me to say non canon stuff if this is strictly based on the area.

Ssssooort of. If it's like your modern body armor, it doesn't take that long. If it's loaded with metal plates and such, it can take that long. The Power Armor does not take very long to enter. And it can actually be hopped into in a rush. In fallout 4 the enter animation is cut short when you're in combat. Instead of your character climbing in, he literally jumps into it.
I can givz u Triforce? ♥
  ▲
▲ ▲

Offline PossumDeMort

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: April 30, 2016, 03:57:34 PM »
meh i hate fallout 4 anyways so k, my info comes from just a speed up vid of somebody putting on full plate with help.

Offline tangletail

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: April 30, 2016, 06:48:36 PM »
Didn't you say you never played? How do you hate which you've not seen?

Also I'm curious about vex's intentions O.o. Is there a branch of the Legion waiting right outside the common wealth. Or are they trecking from between California and Nevada to Massachusetts? If so I'm surprised they didn't get gunned down by the Desert Rangers in Nevada.
I can givz u Triforce? ♥
  ▲
▲ ▲

Offline PossumDeMort

• Quizzical Quail
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: May 01, 2016, 12:21:57 AM »
Ive watched vids and friends  have it and talked  to  them alot about it, the direction  Bethesda  has taken both elder scrolls and fallout is crud, it is dumbed down each new game to pander to the instant gratification  gamer. I still love the settings  for  these games  but the gameplay is no where close to what it used to be.

Offline tangletail

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: May 01, 2016, 03:59:14 AM »
My only statement here is to form the opinion yourself man. From what I am hearing, your arguments are based souly on the skill level of other players, their difficulty setting, and their unique experience. Not your own.

The direction for fallout 4 is the same as it was for Fallout 3 and New Vegas. The key difference is the power armor being given to you early because it's significantly harder to survive in Fo4. You could do it with no trouble in New Vegas and Fo3. Now it's more like Fallout 1 where a bad tactical decision can make or break you.

If you want difficulty, then just ramp it up. Hard is good enough for players that say Normal is too easy. Very Hard is just enough to show you how brutal the game gets. And then the new Survival shows you why you're given the power armor so early. 90% of the time in the common wealth, you're in the WORST position possible.
I can givz u Triforce? ♥
  ▲
▲ ▲

Offline PossumDeMort

• Quizzical Quail
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: May 01, 2016, 04:52:41 AM »
Not difficulty  at all, its the rp. Every game they remove more and more and make the characters you can make less diverse.

As well as story and background, i spent hundreds of hours in morrowind and fallout 3 cause there was so much in them, now they are pushing them out without adding more depth.

Ive always been someone who always  played on hardest difficulty to be fair.