The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Dead City (closed)  (Read 9129 times)

Offline Naval

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online
  • *Sounds of crunching seashells*
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Garthim
  • Coloring: Oynx with shine over the exoskeleton, muddy brown hairs, with royal purple eyes.
  • Height: 6.7ft
  • Weight: 270lbs
  • Build: Bulky and bumpy, with a top heavy build.
  • Currently: Looking for a crystal... maybe one that has a darker color.
Re: Dead City (closed)
« Reply #45 on: October 26, 2015, 05:52:12 PM »
  DR.Zed was busy dogdeing dead ends and looks behind him.."Agh...looks like these zeds are persisenit.. So he trys to think of a celver way to keep these zeds away. So he runs into a store and hides in the base,ent to wait them out..."Great..another day..."
  • Avatar by: A picture from Google.
You know the greatest thing I can feel, is the feeling that when I have helped someone. That memory and act of kindness helps to mold them into something great. That thought, that feeling can't be beat. - This guy.

Offline coolcoyote

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Awards
  • Species: coyote
« Reply #46 on: October 26, 2015, 06:16:32 PM »
Xia cringes as the zombies push against the obstical that prevents them from devouring their tasty meal. "Get back!" She shout, striking a zombie hard in the head that was trying to get around the dumbster. It takea a second swing to finish it.

"W-we can do this! We can do this! Five of us can hold them off until we can escape!"  The yote does a quick head count. "Wait...where did the lizard go?" Did he get eaten? The coyote feels sick she got someone killed...didn't she?  No time to worry about that now but worry she does. With two of their members working on securing an escape rout, and their newly aquired fox holding off the other side of the alley Xia is left alone to fend off the undead piling up on the other end of the dumpster.

It squeaks as it begins to move. "Hurry it up!" She practically shrieks. The dumpster his a box of trash and begins to tilt at an angle, allowing a zombie to squeeze itself through the ever widening gab between the dumpster and the alley wall.

The sight of a horribly mauled undead wolf charging Xia makes her yelp in fright, it also makes her hit the zombie hard enough to kill it in one blow. As the zombie falls a second tries to take its place. Thankfully the cheetah was a hefty and portly beast in life before the zombies got him. It becomes wedged between the dumpster, allowing Xia to strike it down.

Her arms were getting tired...

Offline Xavier Akafur

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Otter-Wolf
  • Coloring: Chocolate brown, tan
  • Height: 6'0"
  • Weight: 205 lbs
  • Build: Sturdy
« Reply #47 on: October 27, 2015, 06:39:15 AM »
Kreed was searching the ground for anything flammable when he felt the husky bumjp into him, he looked up quickly, then followed the vixens motion up towards the fire escape. He wouldn't be able to climb up there, not without some serious assistance, but if the stairs could be lowered it was probably their best bet. He didn't wait for permission or even for the husky to orient herself after being pushed, merely scooped her up in both hands and set her up on his shoulder, before offering an arm to help her climb up. Optimally he could have tossed someone, but while he was strong he wasn't THAT strong.

He free hand held his axe, and it swayed anxiously in his paw as he stared at the slowly shifting dumpster and the open alleyway towards the other direction. Despite the madman running through the crowd it had not thinned the herd for long. Kreed assumed the man was dead, not that it was much of a loss. It was times like this he really wished he had found a pistol in the last two weeks.
Captain of the Stormrider

Offline Drakeyboy

• Foxy Fox
    • Steam
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox/Raccon (hybrid)
  • Coloring: Red with white fur
  • Height: 5'11"
  • Weight: 145 lbs
  • Build: long arms and legs with a very slim build.
  • Currently: gaming, job huntig, and listenig to music. Like a Elite!
« Reply #48 on: October 27, 2015, 01:52:20 PM »
Pat was surprised by everything from the shove to being picked up. It took her a second to realize what was going on when everything stopped seeing the fire escape just above her. She quickly stuck her shotgun and golf club between her and the bag and reached for the fire escape thinking she could reach it. But sadly she would need the badger's help for this one. She took the offered hand and pushed herself up grabbing the side on the opening of the stairwell. She pulled herself up a bit and then pushed herself the rest of the way up using her foot on Kreed's hand. Now how do you get this thing down. If she remembers correctly she had to pull a pin the it would simply fall away. She found said pin and gave it a tug, it didn't move, so she pushed it instead still nothing. She quickly got a closer look and noticed the pin was rusted in pretty well so she reported her findings. "Give me a seccond the pin is rusted!" She yelled over the moaning horde.

After that she stood and started stomping on the pin to beak it free. It would take several good stomps till the pin would break free. Let's hope that they can hold them off till then.

Offline Naval

• Eager Elephant
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Oynx with shine over the exoskeleton, muddy brown hairs, with royal purple eyes.
« Reply #49 on: October 27, 2015, 02:13:48 PM »
   DR.Zed was in the dark of a stores basement listening to the hoard passing by and was haveing a racing heart as he was unsertin after 12 minutes if they left...So slowly and carefully he walked up the stairs and looked out the window and say that the hoard chasing him had moved on, but another car alarm is sure to get them shuffleing back...So now is time to try to get the other hoard off of this new group....Which gave him an idea.

In the movies and some research stuides on similar infections. This virus, or whatever made the dead walk needs food... Sadly the store he was in was a JC Pennies, so no good their. However he begin walking back to were the mayhem first started, and now the true pycho was taking control."I'm Dr.Zed..sooo I must be their savour..hey maybe I can write a book on how to survive, hun not a bad idea. Anyways got to save these dammed souls from the  unfogiving wrath..."

When he was making his way down the roud he can hear the moans and gurling of zeds trying to eat the clams which they have in their trap...But what can I do?......Wait, he thought.." He took out his medical bag and got out his plastic tin and looked for any meat marts or deils...
You know the greatest thing I can feel, is the feeling that when I have helped someone. That memory and act of kindness helps to mold them into something great. That thought, that feeling can't be beat. - This guy.

Offline coolcoyote

• Chatty Cheetah
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: October 28, 2015, 04:21:25 AM »
Swoosh /CRACK/ Swoosh /CRACK/

Xia's arms were on fire. She was panting furriously from the work out she was getting, swinging the bat with semi efficient proficiency. The horde continued to push the dumpster into an awkward angle, widening the gap that allowed them to come through. Ironically the horde was the only thing keeping the party from being over run.

As zombies poured into the alley they bottlenecked, becoming wedged as they fought each other to get to their prey. The bodies of the slain zombies also helped, forcing them to climb over their fallen brethren.

Xia passed a quick glance upward, "Any day now would be nice. I ain't exactly doing this for my health..." Oh how would it just SUCK to die of a heart attack after surviving this. "Jogging. I lived right next to a park. I could have-" Swoosh /CRACK/ "Gone jogging. Or hit the gym! I lived ten friggin minutes from the gym! I could have-" Swoosh /CCRACK/ "I could have jogged to the gym! A carrier in tech support. I would give it all back for three extra hours of exercise!"

Swoosh /SNAP!/

"Uh...guys? Problem." Xia chuckles nervously stairing down at her broken bat. "Big problem!"

Offline Xavier Akafur

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: October 28, 2015, 11:34:19 AM »
After the husky had safely moved from his shoulder, Kreed moved quickly over to the dumpster. Not slowing down, he lowered his shoulder and rammed the container back into place just as Xia's bat broke. The couple zombies trying to squeeze through were pressed up into the wall, rotting flesh leaving a nice brown smear across the bricks as they were sandwiched. The dumpster made no headway back into the horde behind it, but at least it limited their ability to get through, even if it was still threatening to tip over. He didn't pause to think or check his handiwork, knowing that the other side of the ally was the more pressing concern.

He met the oncoming zombies with a heavy overhead swing, stepping up beside the vixen who was already there. The first zed that he hit went down in a heap, head split clean open. He kicked its falling corpse backwards into the legs of those shambling behind it, causing a few to trip and fall over. They couldn't kill this many, that was for certain. He doubted anyone here had enough bullets to even last for a few minutes, much less take down a horde of this size. He spent a few seconds chopping on the downed zombies to make sure they didnt bite anyone's ankles, but was soon forced to take a step back as more stumbled over the corpses.

Suddenly remembering something he stepped back again, eyeing the scenario before digging into his bag, producing a small blue canister. "Here, husky girl." He called up, tossing the can up in her direction. He hoisted his axe again as the can of WD40 was still sailing through the air. "Don't use it all, that shit is handy." He added, though he was already back to taking swings at the undead. Unlike Xia it may be a moment before Kreed tired out, but he would tire out sooner rather than later. Axes were not the easiest weapon to swing.

Offline Jacob Hail

• Foxy Fox
  • The one and only fantastic Mr Grayfox
    • Steam
    • Awards
  • Species: Grayfox
  • Coloring: Normal color and markings of a grayfox, save for the right ear which is all orange
  • Height: 5'8
  • Weight: 130ish
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: The grayest fox
« Reply #52 on: October 28, 2015, 12:37:45 PM »
Alexa had already shouldered her shotgun and was now using her crowbar to beat back the dead, lunging forward quickly to crack a skull before hopping back and forward again. She was nearly grabbed multiple times, and to make things worse she found herself a few steps back everytime. She was loosing to much ground for her to hold them by herself. But right as she was about to step forward again Kreed joined her, a wave of relief washing through the vixen as she kicked out, planting a boot in rotten flesh and sending it backwards in the pack. It knocked a few down behind it and, along with Kreed knocking a few down on his side of the horde, it stopped their advancement. But it would only last a moment. "Hurry up! Hurry up! We cant hold them forever!"
Thats it! Your flesh is now forfit to the impending doom down yonder in the horse fields!

Offline Drakeyboy

• Foxy Fox
    • Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: October 28, 2015, 01:13:55 PM »
Pat heard the call and looked up seeing Kreed tosses the blue can. As she attempted to catch it but bounced of the palm of her hand causing her to frantically attempt to catch it so it wouldn't fall down the stairwell. After a few seconds of her frantic juggling she caught in both hands. Taking a instinctive sigh of relief she popped tge lid off and sprayed the pin with a healthy dose of the magical lubricant. She let it sit for a second then continued to stomp the pin.

This time she could feel a bit of a difference, which was good if her shoe didn't slip off from time to time. After another four solid stomps the pin broke way but didn't go right through which confused her the pin wasn't in the way so the ladder should fall free right? She quickly ran to the other end of the ladder and gave it a push, but it didn't move right away. She gave it a shake then the ladder gave way loudly as it slammed down on it's rails with the fait sound of that cursed pin hitting the ground. "Go hurry! The ladder is down!" She yelled after the loud clatter.

Offline Naval

• Eager Elephant
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: October 28, 2015, 01:54:48 PM »
   Dr.Zed decided to for get the delis and went to the hoard closing in on the poor souls.."Think Doc THINK!?" Then suddenly a bolt of lighting just hit his head and an idea ameged like a gyser... He forgot that Thier is more flesh on in the ally, so the zeds won't even see him or really notice....unless their was an even bigger meat pile or noise....Thats right the car first started the whole mess, and might be their way out..

So shuffling like the dead..Hoping it might make him seem more zombie like. So when he somehow sneaks past the distracted hoard he sees that the keys are no where to be found..So once more he trys something crazy..Since you only live once..

So he takes his knife and trys to break the glass by smashing it into the window, since even if this doesn't break then it would be sure to make a loud noise. Plus if the keys are in the car, and has gas. Then he can really make noise...then again it was a long shot, but might just be worth it...

Offline coolcoyote

• Chatty Cheetah
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: October 29, 2015, 05:38:05 PM »
Little did the coyote know that the young Doctor was about to make a distraction to save them. Or possibly further doom them. At this point did it matter if Xia was eaten by a hundred zombies or a thousand? Howmany zombies were actually here in the horde? Dozens? Hundreds?

Their moans fill the air, echoing off of the small confines of the alley.

Oh why didn't she just stay inside and starve to death? Surely that was a better way to go then being devoured by a mass of cannibals. After a moments thought Xia concludes that being eaten alive is probibly less painfull that starving to death, if only in the sense that it would be over quickly.

She hoped...

Then the tell tell sound of the ladder droping makes the Coyote yelp, leaping out of the way before it crashes on her head. "Our ride is here! Everyone uptop!"

Xia takes one last look at her broken bat before tossing it at a zombie. The zombie doesn't even flinch as it bounces off of its fore head. "Bye baty..." Xia was no longer any use to the party down below. The best thing she could do was get her extra fluffy tail up and out of the way.

The coyote climbs the ladder, pulling herself over and clutching deeply at her chest as she regains her composure and breath. The first thing she does is give the husky a quick hug for saving her life before going back to the ladder to offer a helping hand to the next person to climb up.

Assuming they are not all eaten by zombies by now...

Offline Xavier Akafur

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: October 31, 2015, 07:58:29 AM »
Kreed began backing up towards the ladder, looking over his shoulder to see the coyote scrambling up it. His gaze quickly shifted to the gap she had been covering, already  one zombie having pushed its way through and was shambling towards them. An undead hand grabbed at his axe and he yanked it away,  swinging another heavy chop forward with a growl, cutting down a pair of zombies that had gotten too close. He reached over and pushed the vixen back behind him. "Go first." He said, almost grudgingly.

Right about then the dumpster finally gave way, tipping over and spilling trash into the alleyway, and with the loss of weight it began to shift around much more freely. The badger looked from one side to the other quickly and just grabbed the fox. "**censor** it, we'll go together." He shouted. He pushed her up against the side of the ladder closest to the building, using the fire-axe to cut down the nearest couple zeds before he began to climb up his side of the ladder, using the rungs as hand and foot-holds but hanging off of one side so that the vixen could climb up on her end. They just needed to get far enough off the ground that the zombies couldn't reach them, they could sort the rest out after.

It was right about then that he heard the distinctive sound of an engine turning over and he looked out over the heads of the zombies, shaking his head as he saw that psycho still alive out there, trying to start a car.

Offline Jacob Hail

• Foxy Fox
  • The one and only fantastic Mr Grayfox
    • Steam
    • Awards
  • Species: Grayfox
  • Coloring: Normal color and markings of a grayfox, save for the right ear which is all orange
  • Height: 5'8
  • Weight: 130ish
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: The grayest fox
« Reply #57 on: November 01, 2015, 12:19:39 AM »
Alexa yipped as she was suddenly grabbed, watching the dead crawl over the dumpster out the corner of her eye as the badger pushed her to the ladder. She didnt have to be told twice. Quickly grabbing onto the rungs, she started up it, utilizing the little amount of space their was between her and the badger. She could feel undead hands grabbing at her boots, pulling on them to try and drag her down into their grasps, but only succeeding in getting their faces smashed by her heel. After freeing her legs, the fox started the rest of the way up, clinging onto one side of the ladder until she reached the top and climbed over the railing, toppling  onto the platform. The vixen took a moment to breath before slowly getying up, realization dawning on her. She had just tried to rob these people, so sticking around much longer wasnt going to be a good idea. And since they were still helping the badger this would be a good time to run. Composing herself, Leetonia slowly peered up the rest of the fire escape to the roof, plotting her course of action, before suddenly shoving Pat aside and dashing up the steps. She quickly made it to the roof and ran to the edge, stopping as she realized she had no where to go. The closest building to them was a story down, and the jump would certainly break her legs. "Shit!" She hissed, looking back towards the fire escape as she thought of what to do.
Thats it! Your flesh is now forfit to the impending doom down yonder in the horse fields!

Offline Drakeyboy

• Foxy Fox
    • Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: November 01, 2015, 03:35:08 AM »
Pat grinned when everyone else was up. She did it she managed to save everyone and that actually felt pretty good! But her joy was cut short when the vixen pushed her aside to try and run away almost falling over the rail if one of her flailing arms didn't grab onto the stairs for the next level. Once she realized she wasn't going over she yelled up the fire escape seeing the fox dissapear over the edge of the roof. "You bitch! I save you and you try to **censor** kill me!" As she spoke she started charging up the stairs in pursuit. She still had a shot in her shotgun if it really came down to it.

Offline Naval

• Eager Elephant
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: November 02, 2015, 03:04:03 PM »
      All seems a bit to good, after some painful waiting. The car magical started and he saw that their seemed only to be a small anmout in the tank left..."Well lets make the most of my day!" He luaghs like a mad man and makes as much noise as he can from the engine before he slowly drives in down the street until it runs out of fuel, which he made about 170ft

He got out and jogged back to his hide out, sadly nothing to eat or drink..."Oh well...time for left overs...."