The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Dead City (closed)  (Read 9106 times)

Offline Drakeyboy

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Steam
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox/Raccon (hybrid)
  • Coloring: Red with white fur
  • Height: 5'11"
  • Weight: 145 lbs
  • Build: long arms and legs with a very slim build.
  • Currently: gaming, job huntig, and listenig to music. Like a Elite!
Re: Dead City (Closed)
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2015, 05:19:01 PM »
Pat heard the door brake down and almost screamed but managed to stifle it enough so the sounds of the panic would be more attracting. He tossed a few more bottles of water into her bag then pulled out a soda like she planned and placed that in her bag too. She didn't get a good look at it though so until she looks at it she doesn't know what it could be. She tossed her bag on her back and held he golf club in her hand with her shotgun in her other hand being held at the barrel.

After getting everything in order she quietly ran down the isle seeing the badger being attacked with the plump coyote further behind. She had two choices as she sees it right now. Go and help the two to escape or leave out the backdoor like she came in. She thought for a second then decided to say **censor** it she can't just run when people can still get help. Pat ran between the undead skillfully dodging between them and made it to the main doors. The by now annoying chime sounding again. She dropped the club and held the shotgun with both hands seeing the vulpine crash into the ground without remorse she fired the first blast at the infected as it was getting up. She then span on her heels and fired the seccond blast towards the shamblers behind her, knocking most of them over. now they needed to run or they won't be able to make it out alive. "Run!" Pat yelled as she scooped up her golf club and did just that, run, running until she was safe again.

Offline coolcoyote

• Chatty Cheetah
    • Awards
  • Species: coyote
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2015, 12:32:48 AM »
Many things happened at once for the plump coyote. She had just reached the door when the badger appeared, practically throwing a fox at her. She let out a yelp then fell backwards onto her rump in panic. She was quickly on her feet again shouting loudly, "GAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!" with her base ball bat raised high.

BLAM!

Again, Xia screamed as the shot gun goes off once, then twice. The yote never hears the shout to run. She is too busy spinning on her heel with her eyes closed and her baseball bat in full swing at the closest target behind her in pure reflex.

Unfortunetly that target is among the living...

Offline Xavier Akafur

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Otter-Wolf
  • Coloring: Chocolate brown, tan
  • Height: 6'0"
  • Weight: 205 lbs
  • Build: Sturdy
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2015, 05:16:15 AM »
Kreed turned just in time to see the bat coming at him, but not in time to do much about it. The blunted weapon came in with force, and the badger leaned back to absorb some of the blow, but it still caught him hard on the shoulder. Even with the badgers massive frame the bat still packed a punch. He grunted, feeling the impact threaten to break a bone or two in his shoulder.

Luckily the immediate threat had been dealt with, the vulpine zombie having only about half a face left. However the gunshot was sure to attract more attention than any of them could handle, and with one freshly turned runner around, there were bound to be more not too far off.

The badger shot the coyote a glare, but he grabbed her by the wrist anyway and pushed her towards the shotgun-wielding woman. He felt a pain in his shoulder and knew that blow had done some damage, but nothing so sharp as a broken bone... luckily. "Get out of here, girl." He growled, though to which one he was speaking would be difficult to discern. He took the time to gather his axe before following.
Captain of the Stormrider

Offline Drakeyboy

• Foxy Fox
    • Steam
    • Awards
Re: Dead City (2 slots open)
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2015, 01:45:05 AM »
Pat just continued running at a normal pace heading to her safe haven. She didn't care if she brought the others to her place all that matters was that she was safe from the undead. She didn't say a word as she turned into a nearby alley.

Offline coolcoyote

• Chatty Cheetah
    • Awards
Re: Dead City (2 slots open)
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2015, 02:26:25 AM »
Xia neqrly dropped her bat in pure shock, smashing a real living being in the shoulder like she did. She opened ber mouth, perhaps to appologize? To shout out how sorry she was?

No, she growled at the badger, "You daft fool what in the bleedin heck were you doing? Sneaking up on someone like that in the middle of the zombie invasion! You could have been killed!" She shouts as she is dragged along. Even as she finishes her rant her voice changes, becoming...excited almost. "WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN! I thought I was the only one left! I'm not dreaming, r-right? Cause I will be very cross if this is some halucination brought on by hunger. Say, you guys wouldn't have something to eat would you cause-"

The coyotetess casts a glance around her as she runs, peering at the zombies beging to take notice of their departure. There were not too many, not that Xia was a propper judge of how many was 'too many' but certainly more than themselves!

"Right sorry, sorry. Running for our lives. Shutting up now. Zipping it. Being quiet." The coyote ran in silence the rest of the way until she came into the alley. By then Xia was breathing hard. Pausing to lean forward, paws on her knees it took a while for Xia to catch her breath. "If nothing else the zombie invasion is good for exercise wot? Beats the instant weight loss program of being eaten alive, am I right!" Xia chuckles out loud to her own joke.

And then keeps talking.

"Hai! Im...I'm Xia by the way. Just incase any of us don't make it back to the safe house. You, you have a safe house right? Do we need to stop and pick up anyone else? Maybe a sniper on the roof tops or some kind of super cool ex military guy scouting out the place and...and...oh man I have a head ache.  You got food where we are going...right? Right?"

Offline Naval

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online
  • *Sounds of crunching seashells*
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Garthim
  • Coloring: Oynx with shine over the exoskeleton, muddy brown hairs, with royal purple eyes.
  • Height: 6.7ft
  • Weight: 270lbs
  • Build: Bulky and bumpy, with a top heavy build.
  • Currently: Looking for a crystal... maybe one that has a darker color.
Re: Dead City (1 slot open)
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2015, 03:23:12 PM »
  Dr.Zed wakes up in the little shack he found that is so far, zombie protected. He gets up to pop his back and looks at his medical bag as he slapped on his mask.."Well it's another day for slaughter of the wicked, and the healing of the mouth breathers." He chuckles as he gets his garb back on and lets the sun hit his tux, making it shine a bit.. So he tapped his masks beak to think of were is the best place to vist.

This was not only a diffacult part but, a fun part of his measy life. So without a secound thought, he went on his way to the city to find any life...dead, alive, or undead....

• Avatar by: A picture from Google.
You know the greatest thing I can feel, is the feeling that when I have helped someone. That memory and act of kindness helps to mold them into something great. That thought, that feeling can't be beat. - This guy.

Offline Jacob Hail

• Foxy Fox
  • The one and only fantastic Mr Grayfox
    • Steam
    • Awards
  • Species: Grayfox
  • Coloring: Normal color and markings of a grayfox, save for the right ear which is all orange
  • Height: 5'8
  • Weight: 130ish
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: The grayest fox
Re: Dead City (1 slot open)
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2015, 06:05:53 PM »
Leetonia stood at the end of a wide street, peering down at the few dead that shuffled mindlessly about along the deserted store fronts. She gripped her crowbar tight in hand, clutching onto her stomach as it rummbled and reminded her to get moving in search for food. Jogging forward, she approached the first infected, swinging her crowbar and connecting it to the side of its head to send it stumbling down to the ground. The fox quickly finished it off by crushing its skull before turning to face any others that were drawn to the commotion.  Only one other shambled toward her, letting out a raspy gurgly moan as she raised her crowbar to swing.

BANG!

The foxes ears shot up and she hesitated at the sound of the gunshot, very nearly getting mauled by the infected but managing to swing her weapon just in time and jam the flat blade end into the deads eye socket. Breathing heavily, and her stomach rummbling more now, the vixen glanced up and watched the rest of the infected move down the street, no doubtedly heading towards the gunshot. A grin creased her lips as she followed behind them, replacing her crowbar back into her bag and swinging her shotgun off her shoulder. A gun shot ment survivors. And survivors ment food.
Thats it! Your flesh is now forfit to the impending doom down yonder in the horse fields!

Offline Drakeyboy

• Foxy Fox
    • Steam
    • Awards
Re: Dead City (closed)
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2015, 03:48:29 PM »
Pat just ran till the coyote's talking making her get worried. When she said she was shutting up Pat sighed in relief but apparently it was too soon. when she introduced herself Pat quickly put a hand over Xia's mouth and pushed her to the wall pinning her against the wall. "Look Xia if you don't shut up the Zeds will. Got ot?" She said firmly but quietly not making her hand leave the coyote's mouth in fear she might speak again.

Offline Xavier Akafur

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2015, 04:01:10 AM »
Kreed seemed oblivious to the coyote's rambling, rubbing his aching shoulder every so often as they moved along. Luckily it seemed that there weren't any recently turned around, no slavering ghouls harrying their steps. Just the usual mob of shamblers responding to the noise of the gunshot. They soon had them outpaced, and the female leading their little trio ducked silently into an alley, followed not so silently by the coyote.

Kreed spotted a corpse at laying in the gutter and paused to wipe off the blade of his axe carefully on the dead man's shirt. It would be silly if he died from nicking himself with his own weapon and getting infected.... very silly. He had seen it happen, though. That's why most people avoided the close quarters combat, even though ammo was scarce.

"Kreed." He replied to the coyote, eyeing the husky as she clamped a paw over her mouth, giving a slight nod of approval. He swung his pack around and set it on the ground, digging out a can of food and handing it t the girl... whom he assumed was starving by the way she was talking. "I hate carrots anyway..." He said in a low voice, and indeed the faded label had several orange discs proudly displayed on the front.

His eyes shifted to the husky, and to her gun, but he made no move to take it. He simply stood there holding his axe, like some monolithic statue.

Offline coolcoyote

• Chatty Cheetah
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2015, 06:32:32 AM »
Xia at first continued to make a series of muffled yelps, no doubt in protest to being yote handled in such a way. After a moment her whines fall silent and she nods once. Moving the huskies paw away she turns to both creatures one at a time. "Sorry. Sorry. I'm so sorry its...its..." she takes the can but instead of digging into it she hesitates, tears are rolling down her eyes. "You are the first people I have seen in, in weeks. I saw those th-thi-things /eat/ people, right in the street a-an-and then they got /up/ again and and I thought I was all alone with only..." Xia leaned forward with out warning, trying to half hug the husky, half collapse against her.

Xia's knees buckle and she very nearly falls to her rump.

Offline Naval

• Eager Elephant
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Oynx with shine over the exoskeleton, muddy brown hairs, with royal purple eyes.
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2015, 01:38:43 PM »
Dr.Zed was having the time of his life, why most people saw the zeds as a losing battle. He saw this as heaven on earth. Think about it, he can kill all the zeds he wants. Heal the sick, look like a hero. And most of all, he wont have to pay any taxes. He made a little wistle, which was muffed by his bird mask. Good thing for him, since most of the time they don't hear him. Funny thing was that, he was always into zombie stuff. And now he has to put that knowledge to use..

So as he fumbled around the city or in search of food, and no not canned but seeds. Since why look for food when you can grow it? This was a good point, but he wasn't the best farmer. So he'll have to pick the city like a rat. Now he tought he heard a gun shot in the distance, so he shrugged and walked to that path. Hoping he finds someone in need and maybe kill the dreaded undead which he loves to toy with....
You know the greatest thing I can feel, is the feeling that when I have helped someone. That memory and act of kindness helps to mold them into something great. That thought, that feeling can't be beat. - This guy.

Offline Jacob Hail

• Foxy Fox
  • The one and only fantastic Mr Grayfox
    • Steam
    • Awards
  • Species: Grayfox
  • Coloring: Normal color and markings of a grayfox, save for the right ear which is all orange
  • Height: 5'8
  • Weight: 130ish
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: The grayest fox
« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2015, 05:33:13 PM »
Leetonia crouched down behind a bench as she reached the street, peering over the top to look over the scene before her. More of the infected were massing in the streets in front of a store, but they didnt seem agitated or agressive. This caused a heavy sigh from the vixen because it ment whoever fired the shot got away. Clutching her stomach once more she slowly got up, about to try and sneak away from the mass of dead when a sound caught her ear. It was... voices? Yes, coming from an ally across the street. Crouching down, she quickly moved across the road, flattening her back against a building and peering into the allyway, spotting three people. "It is my lucky day after all." She mummbled to herself, readying her gun. With a grin she stepped into the ally, leveling the shotgun at the three, making sure to keep a good distance between her and them. "Freeze." She growled. "It would be wise not to make any sudden movements unless you want to end up dead."
Thats it! Your flesh is now forfit to the impending doom down yonder in the horse fields!

Offline Drakeyboy

• Foxy Fox
    • Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2015, 05:52:58 PM »
Pat would have tried to reassure Xia if the random fox didn't show up. Instead she just sat there looking angrily at Xia dispite her emotional predicament. Great she was getting robbed now. "Look just **censor** off we got nothing anyway." She said as she planned what to do next in her head. there was a dumpster across from where she was so if things did go sour she could jump behind the dumpster and reload ready to return fire but she didn't know what would happen to Xia and Kreed. Man if she was just by herself this would be much easier to deal with.

Offline Naval

• Eager Elephant
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2015, 06:06:14 PM »
Dr.Zed had finally came to the rough area he was in were he heard the gun shot. He could smell the rotten flesh of a zed and what looked like a group being robbed..He didn't want a part of this, but something about it all just seemed too good. So he slowly walked to them and waved. Since he didn't fear death. He only feared of becoming one of them.

But he begin running his mouth.."Hello fonda's! Ahh isn't today wonderful? The sounds of zombie moans and the feeling of having a pulse. Oh dear, looks like I have gotten into a mess..Well by all means allow me to leave since I can tell this isn't my problem since no one is hurt..Yet." He chuckled as sweat was forming on his forhead, knowing what he was doing was quite dangerous. However he knew that every friendship begins with a gun pionted at you and a lot of cusing...

Offline Xavier Akafur

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2015, 05:33:14 AM »
Kreed's eyes shifted around the alleyway slowly as the situation unfolded, but he did not find anything of use. So, quite characteristically, he simply stood there and watched as first the vixen then the strange fellow with the mask appeared. He didn't have a firearm, so just the simple act of having a gun aimed at him rendered him virtually helpless in this scenario. He was a big target, he wasn't going to be able to duck out of the way quickly enough.

The masked man was rambling, but through the mask he couldn't hear a word of it. The fellow was quite obviously insane to begin with, though, what with walking in on this situation willingly, so the badger was not terribly concerned with what he was saying.

"If you fire that gun we all die." he stated simply, the long-handled axe still held loosely in one paw, the head of the weapon resting on the pavement. He figured he didn't need to add that without the gun the vixen wouldn't stand a chance against all three of them.