The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Dead City (closed)  (Read 9040 times)

Offline Drakeyboy

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Steam
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox/Raccon (hybrid)
  • Coloring: Red with white fur
  • Height: 5'11"
  • Weight: 145 lbs
  • Build: long arms and legs with a very slim build.
  • Currently: gaming, job huntig, and listenig to music. Like a Elite!
Dead City (closed)
« on: September 28, 2015, 10:21:12 PM »
This is a RP that i made based around zombies. the information for it all is over here: http://www.thefurryforum.com/forums/index.php?topic=29655.0

anyone feel free too start!  ^_^

Post Merge: September 29, 2015, 01:40:22 AM
it was mid afternoon in the city of California. everything being much... calmer than it normally is. oh it's not peaceful that's for sure, not with the dead walking the streets. you would think this sort of scenario only to exist in games and movies but for some odd reason it is actually happening. and it's been two weeks, power is still on, stores still fairly full, and angry or paranoid people everywhere. and no one can leave even if they wanted to with walls that reach up to the sky that completely surround the city.

in a quiet corner store a single husky anthro was scavenging for any supplies to sustain her. she needed water above all else. she was quietly making her way around the store to not attract the undead that were already here. she learned this day one of the strange set of circumstances that if you moved slowly and made as little noise as possible they wouldn't horde or even attack as if they were blind or something. she has only been inside for a few minutes and hadn't been to the coolers yet hoping that you could find the water she needed.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2015, 02:59:22 PM by Drakeyboy »

Offline coolcoyote

• Chatty Cheetah
    • Awards
  • Species: coyote
Re: Dead City (Closed)
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2015, 01:42:57 AM »
The end of the world started on a Monday, saddly not too many people remained to appreciate the irony.

What did remain was...something else entirely.

The walls came up with an impressive if alarming speed, closing off the city from the rest of the world qnd trapping the survivors inside with /them/, condeming those who were left beyond to a fate worse than death.

A fate which Xia would very much rather avoid. The coyote hums as she works shuffles through the fridge. The house around her was an identical copy to the houses up and down the suburb, at least in structual design. Four bedrooms with a small back yard large enough for a small garden, or in tbis house's case, a hot tub. The threat of being devoured by undead canibals kept Xia from using it.

The house around her was not her own. A friends house she was watching while they were out of town. It was a rather nice house, Xia reflected, made dark and glooming with how rugs were nailed over the windows to make it harder for those outside to peer inside.  What furnature hadn't been stacked against the door had been broken down for fire wood or barricades. They were mostly there for reasurance than protection though ; Xia's skill with a hammer was lacking...

The coyote's tail swishes back and forth, she makes a face as her nose goes up and down from shelf to shelf. Her friends had been kind, leaving her an ample supply of food for the week.  Which ammounted to nothing after the power went out.

The perishables went first. Xia gorged herself on tv dinners for the first few days so nothing would spoil, finishing off the ice cream quickly simply because the world was ending and she needed comfort food.

It was partly the reson the coyotes stomach spilled out under her levi vest and over her belt. She never expected it possible to gain weight in the appocolypse...but she mannaged. Ironically she now faced a new threat other than the shambling husks of undead patrolling the neighberhood.

Starvation.

Two weeks. She waited for two whole weeks for...for...anyone to show up. The army, the marines, the air force, blazes even the girl scouts would be welcomed at this point with their delcious cookies...and fudge...and icecream bars and...

Xia shook her head. "Easy gal. Git ahold of yerself. You can get through this. Just go ahead and ration out your food and wait out the long haul."

Xia looks down at the can of spam in her paws. There was a reason the can survived the coyotes hunger.

With a sigh Xia tossed the spam over her shoulder. "Heck with it."

A moment later the yote has an empty messenger bag strapped to her back and a base ball bat in her paws. She peered out the front window and down the street. The sunset over the city highlights the empty road. Still a sense of fear over comes her, at least until her stomach growls.

With a sigh Xia turns the knob...opens the door...and steps outside for the first time in days...

Offline Farewell

• Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Poster Top 10 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
Dead City (Closed)
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2015, 02:09:12 AM »
Zaida waking in a alley had groaned as she stumbled to her feet her ears laying back against her head and eyes squinting a bit under her gas mask, disturbed by the slight crack on the right lense. Looking at the sky for a moment she thought.
The hybrid stood unsure how she was in the alley... Looking at few furry corpse and some trash and other items laying about it was a fight, she would be able to take on or at least escape a small group but the apocalypse just starting a few weeks back there was quite a lot of survivors. They were fighting for something but wasn't important now, the lucky one got away with whatever it was. She gave a long sigh and brushed herself off her clothes a bit wet from the small puddles.
Walking to the dumbster she looked behind seeing her utility bag. 'Damn lucky I hid it before it happened... All my supplies would have been stolen, I mean I'm lucky to even be here... Some groups would have used me like some...' She shook her head trying to get that thought away 'how about I don't think about that. I can escape them easily anyways they have no luck' she huffed Holding the bag she held her bruised side and walked slowly looking from both corners holding her crowbar firmly her paws beaten and covered with a bit of blood.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2015, 03:03:44 PM by Zaida »

Offline Xavier Akafur

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Otter-Wolf
  • Coloring: Chocolate brown, tan
  • Height: 6'0"
  • Weight: 205 lbs
  • Build: Sturdy
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2015, 04:22:51 AM »
The gruff and gravelly voice cut through the wailing screams and pleas for help like cold steel through paper.

"Sorry."

The axe split the lizard's skull with such vehemence that the young man did not even have time to react. Blood spattered across the front of the massive badger, who wrenched his weapon free with some crunching and grinding noises that had some of the bystanders dry-wretching onto the ground. Kreed looked back at them, but there was no pity in the gaze.

"You monster! We could have saved him!" Screamed a woman from nearby, who had climbed behind the couch when the badger had entered the room brandishing the heavy axe. "You crazy **censor**." She spat at him, to all of which the axe-man seemed entirely deaf.

"I'll leave, then." He said simply, prodding the corpse with the end of his axe gently. The slight shift of fabric revealed the festering bite wound, the scales and flesh around the area already turning a dark red and yellow. Kreed grumbled something incomprehensible and turned for the door of the small apartment, pushing aside a teenage wolf that stood there pointing a pistol at him, Kreed's huge paw clearing the way like the canine was little more than a fabric curtain. The boy stumbled aside and dropped the gun as Kreed stepped out the door, having to slightly duck his head as he did so. He reached down and grabbed his bag, brushing the blood off of his shirt absently as he looked around. The building seemed quiet for now.

Shame, they were a nice family.... He thought to himself, moving towards the stairs. His ears lowered as he heard a gunshot outside, but there were no windows on the interior of the apartment building. He sighed and made his way down the stairs. He had been laying low here for a few days, but these people were too optimistic. They were all going to die whether he was here or not, it was simply a matter of time. It would be best if he wasn't here to see them turn. Unfortunately that meant most of his food was forfeit as well, but he knew of a store not too far from here that had been mostly untouched. He turned in that direction, keeping an eye on the streets.
Captain of the Stormrider

Offline Celestial_Dragon

• Foxy Fox
  • I intend to live forever, or die Trying
    • Awards
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: Gold scaled and White underside, with angel-like wings
  • Height: 260cm
  • Weight: 120kg
  • Build: Mesomorph
  • Currently: More than likely studying while having this open on my Laptop
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2015, 01:10:07 PM »
Drago passed the burning vehicles, the upturned and wrecked vehicles, the bloody vehicles and the random vechiles with their hoods open, and engines missing.

The city street was silent, and drago thanked the gods above that the zombies had been a minimum today. The dragon had spotten a pair of undead picking at the bones of the remains of their victims.

Drago was stealthily moved from each car and was picking through their interiors for anything that he could find. His machete was in hand and his eyes were like hawks, examining the surrounding for zombies or ...people.

• Signature art by: -

Freedom isn't free
You can lead me, follow me, or get out of my way so make up your mind

Offline Drakeyboy

• Foxy Fox
    • Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2015, 02:56:08 PM »
The husky was taking her time getting to the coolers not wanting to stir the undead. by now she could see it with it's lights on. you know what with how well she was doing for the past few days she would grab a soda if there was any left she needed something a little more comforting that the plain water she has been drinking for the last week. as she kept inching herself closer she could see that there was a fair amount of water left but a severe lack of soda. she wold have sighed but a moan from the isle next to her reminded her not to just in case. now the only problem was how to get inside the cooler with all of these undead around.

Offline coolcoyote

• Chatty Cheetah
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2015, 04:05:09 PM »
Ten minutes into hwr search for food and so far so good, as in so far the yote has not become food for zombies. Rubbing a paw absentmindedly on her swollen midriff Xia shudders to think how long it would take to devour a creature as...well fed as her.

Xia put off the thought. She couldnt be distracted as she travels down the road. The streets are disturbingly...quiet.  The power was out in this neighboorhood for reasons yet to be identified, the houses were dark, still. But xia could not help but feel that she was being watched. It only served as incentive to move faster.

She came to the end of the subdivision, resting under the cover of a car wrapped around a teliphone pole. The street ahead of her gradually turned into comercial buildings. Somewhere at the end of the road there was a store, a super market of sorts. If only she could get there, grab some food, then retreat to her humble little abode, she would be golden.

Offline Xavier Akafur

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2015, 07:38:27 AM »
Kreed stopped only to rummage through a recently wrecked car, ignoring the mangled zombie in the drivers seat as it waved its arm at him sluggishly. The idiot had managed to crash into one of the telephone poles sending power to part of the town. Luckily the mangled front of the vehicle had trapped the dead body, pinning it permanently to the seat. Kreed absently sifted through some articles in the back, pocketing a box of nails but little else in here was of value. Not even any food or water.

The store was within sight now, only a couple shambling undead standing between himself and the doors. He casually pushed one away with the end of his axe, herding it at arms length until he had it up against a wall, where a quick swing took off the thing's head and  scraped loudly against the concrete wall. Carefully avoiding the still slavering head, Kreed looked around, seeing if the noise attracted anything else from the alleyways. The last thing he wanted was to get trapped in the store with a horde of undead swarming the doors.

Seeing nothing but the remaining zombie eagerly coming after him, he nodded to himself. Safe enough to risk it. The zombie making its way towards him met a quick demise at the blade of the fire-axe. Kreed averted his face to make sure none of the blood got near his eyes, then stepped around the creature and into the store. As the door opened an annoying chime sounded, and the badger winced.

Beeng-boong

Offline Farewell

• Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Poster Top 10 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2015, 01:20:59 PM »
Zaida wasn't in the best shape for a would in her side and a pounding headache. She groaned softly fixing her mask and studied the streets once more... Nothing. Buildings were torn apart cars smashed into one another. "This is chaos..." She grumbled as she began to lightly jog holding a crowbar hoping to not attract any survivors or infected.
The hybrid kept her eyes sharp while her ears listened closely, desperate for someplace else before getting into trouble. Stopping after jogging down the block hearing a noise growing curious but cautious unsure what to do.

Offline Celestial_Dragon

• Foxy Fox
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2015, 01:22:03 PM »
Drago stopped at the nearest car, a four door, green sedan with the entirety of the inside covered in the blood of a unlucky individual. Drago sat on the cold asphalt, leaning against the closed metal doors and bought out his prized possessions. He bought the white object to his massive draconian jaw, bringing the lighter to his mouth. With a quick switch, a fire burned in his hands and lit his cigarette.  Drago inhaled slowly, his system responding to the smoke, and he felt his lungs being wrapped by a warm blanket, so intoxicating and bringing such relief to his exhausted mind and body. Taking small, slow draws of the cigarette, he felt rejuvenated and happy, a booster. He sat against the door and relaxed.

Freedom isn't free

Offline Drakeyboy

• Foxy Fox
    • Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2015, 01:36:11 PM »
Pat was staring down the doors to the coolers when she heard the electrical bell chime. She froze not wanting to alert the undead and waiting till all the ones in her vicinity shuffled towards the doors. There was about six of the undead in the shop, one behind the counter two at the counter one by the coolers and two in the shelves separated. Once the undead close to ger wandered into the shelves she immediately began getting her drinks. Slowly opening the doors to the coolers to not attract attention.

Offline coolcoyote

• Chatty Cheetah
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2015, 02:51:52 PM »
Cia could have chosen a better place to hide, in retrospect. She didn't even hear the zombie in the car until she threw her back against it. She had of cojrse seen the undead by now, up close but not...this upclose. What was she going to do? Leave it alone and risk it calling more to the area like a dinner bell? Or risk injury by trying to kill it.

She sat there, back against the tire and out of sight for a long moment, contemplating her next action. This wasn't like the movies, not like the movies at all!  The runners were terrifying in themselves but the shamblers had a certain...fearfull quality to them.

It was an un easy feeling watching something un natural shuffle along towards you, like a slow moving gollums. One that didn't die when it got injurred...

Xia tightens her grip on her bat. She would have been much more comfortable with a rifle in her paws but her friends, they didn't like guns in their house. The bat was the best weapon available...but would it be enough?

And then tbe badger came and killed the zombie for her, making Xia's interspection moot.

She couldn't believe it at first. People. Real people. Living people. She hadnt seen real living people since the johnsons across the street packed up their car and drove off, never to be seen again. Xia couldn't speak...she was too stunned. By the time she let out a weak, "H-hey..." to call oit to the badger he was already dissapearing into the building.

The coyotes ears shot up, then she smacked her fore head. "Idiot." Did the badger see her? If he did...why didn't he say something? Maybe he didn't care? Maybe he thought she was another zombie? Mahbe he was too focused on the zombie or maybe she was just out of sight, maybe...

Xia shook her head. She was wasting time. "Hey! Come back!" The coyote bounds, leaping over the hood and stumbling as she nearly falls face first onto the pavement. She begins running for the store, ignoring the zombies further down the street.

Forget food. She found people...

Offline Xavier Akafur

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2015, 11:00:03 AM »
Kreed had indeed overlooked the coyote, having approached the vehicle from the opposite side. The zombie inside the car, however, he had merely pushed around, not really harmed.

[size=0px]"Hey! Come back!"[/size]

The badger turned slightly at the voice, which was uncomfortably close behind him, but he could not remove his eyes from the shambling corpses approaching in front of him. He took a few steps back, prompting another shrill Beeng-Boong from the electronic box above the door.

There was a scrabbling noise coming from a door at the back of the office, and as that second chime sounded the door finally flew open, a couple chairs that had been barricading the interior tumbling out. The fox that was inside came tumbling out in a frenzy of movement, but this was not panic. It was the early onset of the virus, the slavering creature already picking itself up and running wildly at the front door of the store.

"Shit." The badger said, his voice edging on fear as he simply took off running the way he had come with big bounding steps.

He had only made it a few feet, enough to see the coyote behind him, when the door sounded another chime.

Beeng-Boong!

Kreed turned with a blind swipe of his axe, his grip low on the handle to try and get as much reach as possible. The tip of the weapon took a chunk out of the manic vulpine's torso as it sprinted after him, but not nearly enough of one. The giant badger was not fast enough to move out of the way, so he simply dropped the axe and brought his hands around closing his giant paws around the creature's wrists as it reached for him, and wrenching it violently to the side. The zombie was lifted off of its feet entirely and sent skidding across the road, but the freakish thing sprung back up quicker than Kreed could make his way over to hopefully stomp the life back out of it.

Offline Celestial_Dragon

• Foxy Fox
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2015, 11:16:41 AM »
Drago sat against the door of the sedan and watched the single body that was un-moving on the dusty road. The dead man lay on his back, not three feet beyond the  Drago, in a pool of blood that was almost dried and gave a sickly-sweet butchershop odor, that Drago had been all to familiar with. There was nothing else on the road, that was not including the countless amounts of spent ammo and filth that layed scattered everywhere. Drago grabbed the half-finished cigarette out of his mouth and extinguished the embers  against the cold steel of the machete in Drago's scaled hand. He placed the remains in the pocket  and got back to his feet, looking around.

Freedom isn't free

Offline Farewell

• Racious Racoon
    • Awards
Dead City (Closed)
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2015, 04:16:48 PM »
'Beeng boong' thinking she knew it had to be a store... 'Wind, no it couldn't have been the Wind, it's too weak... It has to be someone' she gripped her crowbar tightly. 'Or something' zaida thought, she gave a slight snarl under her mask leaning close against wall as she shuffles her feet carefully, gravel scrapping under her boots as she grew closer to the corner. Her eyes focused where she was heading. Stopping and herBody going stiff her breathing was quite, but steady.
The hybrid listened hoping to get any clue, maybe she was just imagining things? Although it still made her cautious, at this point anything did. Zaida's eyes scanned the area her arms lowered but holding the pistol her fingers lightly on the trigger.