The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: (Restart) Legend Of The Emerald Sword: RP thread  (Read 6934 times)

Offline Chronic Payne

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • -HENSHIN A GO-GO BABY!!!-
    • Awards
  • Species: Descendant of the Chinese Zodiac "Monkey"
  • Coloring: Dark Brown fur, light yellow eyes, light tan skin color
  • Height: 7ft. 5in.
  • Weight: 235 lbs.
  • Build: More than normal size build, long tail
  • Currently: Awaiting the next great challenger!!!
(Restart) Legend Of The Emerald Sword: RP thread
« on: May 10, 2013, 08:45:07 PM »
If you plan to join the rp please follow the link below and for the love of god read the the freaking rules, and story!! also we will be using that thread to throw ideas and make a character. Thank you!  :3
http://www.thefurryforum.com/forums/index.php?topic=22479.0

It is mid fall and the leaves a turning their autumn colors as the sun slowly rises over the mountain tops, while the rustling of the forest animals begin to hunt and scavenge for food, else where in the busy Kingdom or Karryon a lone figure runs along the brick and stone slab rooftops, leaping across the street a good two stories from the ground and grabbing hold of what is left of a window from a burnt down church, slowly climbing his way to the top of it's spire which is another three stories up, holds steadily bracing self with his left leg and hold tightly with his left hand onto the bronze cross atop the spire. Taking a deep breath looks upon the kingdom and smiles, as the sunlight washes over and life returns to the sleeping city.

"Heh, another night over and done with, the city is safe for now and business as usual.", looking down as the people start up their days. "Well, time to get back to the castle... Aww man, clothes are shredded again.", pulling at clothes examines his wear, "Guess I got a bit two cocky..."

Taking a look down notices a hay stack and shakes head, "Hhhhhmmm, yeah right!", taking his time climbs back down to street level and proceeds to the castle with his sword and shield on his back, stretching his arms smiles, "Time to recruit the new bloods.", as he continues on he comes across a couple faces he hasn't seen before in the kingdom and recognizes a group standing around a wall mumbling, making his way through them he finds a hand written document in cursive, "Hhmmm, must have been what those runners I saw last night were posting.", reading the post crosses arms as it states.

(Long story short, it says that in celebration of today a new event will be hosted by the king himself, blah blah blah, giant feast, blah blah blah, fun and games, blah blah blah, prizes and at the final paragraph of the document it states that those who are fearless and adventurous and willing to travel, wanted warriors, mages and hunters sign up at the main castle.)

"Huh, this sounds interesting.", making way out of the crowd hears a horn sound as like every year that the celebration of today has started, "Might have to talk to the king about this, I don't recall hearing about this.", picking up speed arrives at the gates as they are closed, "Hey! What gives?!", standing there scratching head, glances over and sees a group of Soldiers and a man sitting down on a stool with a make shift table, which looks like a sign up booth, "Hmph, must be pretty important if the gates are closed.", walking by them gives a nod and leans against a lone dead tree watching all kinds of folks from the kingdom and other regions of these lands telling them apart by their clothing and weapons.

''This day is going to be quite interesting indeed.", yawns and crosses arms.
"Hold your head up high, set them eyes forward, and light your heart ablaze!!!"

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
Re: (Restart) Legend Of The Emerald Sword: RP thread
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2013, 10:50:46 PM »
Shinzuu napped in the corner of the guild's lodge as his sister ate a large steak, sitting next to him. A lot of the other mercenaries avoided the two, getting stares from some and passing greetings from some that were ranked as high as they were within the guild. Simultaneously, Lorazys put down her steak and Shinzuu opened his left eye as a particularly large human in silver and red armor walked up to them. "Ah, there you two are! The king of Karryon has sent a special invitation to our guild, and I want you two to represent us." Shinzuu merely closed his eyes again, Lorazys looking up at the man, "Sorry, boss, but we're not ones for social events." The man held the invitation closer to them, "It's by far, NOT a regular social gathering. It is a competition of strength, and also involves a lot of traveling. The king wants our assistance in helping out his chosen winners that will be going on this quest. It's not quite 'babysitting', but you will be aiding the strongest that the king gathers, on their journey. Obviously, you're the most obvious choices since you're one of our best." Shinzuu opened his left eye and looked at the man, "Beaulefante is our guild's top ranked, and he has no quests right now. Why not send him?" The old man replied, "Beaulefante would be going on the quest solo if we did that, especially since the competition seems to be only allowing singles in. By sending you two..." "the king would just allow us through without a second thought, right?" Shinzuu got up and kept his hood over his head as he picked up the invitation. He merely unfolded the letter and checked the bottom for how much they would be paid. The hybrid then placed the letter into his cloak and walked past the others to the door, "We'll take the job..." Lorazys got up and followed after her brother after shoving the rest of the steak in her mouth and chewed as she caught up to her slow-walking brother. It was time to make some money, but something else had to be up. She knew her brother wouldn't just accept a job just because of money.

Offline nixon/monto

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Rachet?oh yeah! He is my cousins friend.greet guy!
  • Species: lombax
  • Coloring: regular
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 145
  • Build: little above average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: doing good
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2013, 11:29:23 PM »
I stare at the rising sun from my house by the front gates of the kingdom. A tear rolls down my cheek and I remember those words my dad always used to tell me,  "a man can and will cry, but only on the inside."  I couldn't make sence of what he had meant but I do now. He meant that you will sad and you will want to cry, but you must do it on the inside. I was crying because my father had just died at the age of 68. His health wasn't the best but he was heathy in the spirit. There was a wagon and a coffin outside the house because he had just died over the night. They all told me it was because his heart couldn't take it. He left me the house and and all of which he owned to me.) "you couldn't have chosen a better time to go? The night right before I would be sent to look for the shard".. My mouse friend was out side the door and heard what I had said.  well at least he left you all his cool things.. "ya...I just wish he could be here to see me off.". maybe he wanted you to see him off.. Well I better go sing the thing and get ready to go.. . And I'm sorry I can't see you off by the way.its all right.   Well see you when I get back.. (I grab a bag by the door and walk out the front door and head to the castle.)
Space is a place I can't wait to go to. All the time in reality. And yet I long for the end, not because I want it to end, but because I'm curious of how this world ends and where all these souls go to when they breath no more. But till then I'll be having the time of my life! :)

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army.
 FDF forever       "
SNIPER!!!  boo ya FDF!!

Offline Kittenpillar100

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
  • Species: Mountain Goat
  • Coloring: Super pale blue tint
  • Height: 5'8
  • Weight: 59kg
  • Build: Average, yet bulked up by fur, taurian
  • Currently: Humanish, but only slightly
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2013, 11:51:42 PM »
Iutil was looking around, the world was still strange to him, town criers were belting out words in a language he half understood, people were rushing past and the vastness of the place... It was huge, even compared to the mighty capital of Kalpok (Most likely buried under several hundred metres of sand now). A skeletal hand kept a good grip on his sword, despite the years that had went past, it could still be recognised as a Kalpok sword. They were exceedingly rare these days, and unnmatched in construction (Some even say that they are better built than the Emerald sword itself, although not neccessarily more powerful.

His skeletal body was hidden under bandages and exotic orange cloth (although, admittedly, quite worn) Even his eyes were hidden, the tiniest slit between two lengths of bandage allowing him to see out at the world around him. He noticed a crier yelling about a festival, a competion even, where warriors would be selected to journey across the land. Something about an emerald sword too. He strode up to the town crier, standing out by being shorter even than plenty of women. Of course, his entirely magic-based strength failed to let him down as he lifter a crier up. "Where may I sign up for this quest?" he asked, his unnatural voice resonating throughout the cloud, causing nervousness and a number of glances to fly his way. After recieving a burbling answer, he stalked off, dissatisfied.

He noticed a man leaning on a tree as he walked past. He wasn't quite sure why he noticed him, but he did. "Do you happen to know when this competition will occur?" he asked with his hollow voice. He turned around, sidling up to Alexander, watching the crowd with him, interested at the extravegant costumes, as well as the horses of mercenaries, and the carts of aristocrats. "How much the world has changed" his magically trapped mind thought.

Amea was in the dress of a rich young lady, rather than her standard armour. The armour iself was stashed in her horse's saddlebags. The horse in question was being pulled along by a young boy, payed a small amount of monet to do the job in order to make Amea's facade more believable. She disliked the white dress she was wearing, however understood that she needed it otherwise the Karryon guard would arrest her. The dress stretched down to the ground, and had puffed sleeves - a fashion nowadays, however still allowed a suprising amount of movement compared to some of the other fashions.

Her hand cannon and potions were still attatched to her horse, although they were payed less attention, belived to be perfumes for the most part rather than deadly and exotic potions and poisons. No-one even bothered to ask about the hand-cannon. No-one even knew what it did, and sometimes, its safer not to ask...

She had heard of the competition, however was still unsure wether to join. She glanced at others who obviously were: Sagely old wizards, tall, powerful barbarians, and just about everything in between. The largest problem with applying herself would be getting recognised. She would then be arrested, and almost certainly hanged. They knew about ehr explosive trick now and would keep her under guard... "Best to keep out of trouble for now" she thought.
If you eat poison, don't forget to lick the dish. - Japanese Proverb

Make a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day, light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline ST-84 Sahelanthropus

• Yellow Yak
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • BetrayerOfNihil
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Nanotech Robot
  • Height: Usually 7ft, up to 50ft
  • Currently: A weapon to surpass... well, everything.
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2013, 12:27:31 AM »
Nearly a hundred people gathered by the docks as an armed wooden frigate stood moored a fair distance from the shipyards, with white sails bearing an intricate and foreign coat of arms. A small boat docked, with a few Karryon Knights unloading and going to speak to the dock officer. "We spoke to the Captain of the ship, and they allowed us to inspect their cargo, which is clean, so we cleared them to dock. They have quality armor and weapons I've never seen before, one such type of weapon being much more advanced than the few hand cannons I've seen. There's only have a handful of men, but I'd suggest keeping a close eye on them." A Knight Lioness said, looking back and eying the ship with suspicion. "We will." The Raven dock officer assured, talons clicking on the stone ground as he walked over to ring a bell to signal the ship to come in to dock.

"Maravilloso! (Marvelous!) We're on schedule, despite the anticipated delay. Raise the anchor!" A masked Human male in heavy steel armor called out, a few of the fine crew acting as ordered in no time. The military vessel was broughtt in to dock, and a couple of the armored foreigners disembarked down the ramp, the Human looking over the crowd for a bit before turning with a grimace to a male beige Lizard by his side. The Reptile was fairly large in comparison to the Human, and seemed to be quite a bit more 'feral' in form than the anthropmorphic people of Karryon, though had a calm intelligence in his eyes that affirmed he was no beast. The only weapon the Lizard had on him was a sword much like the Humans, though just a little bigger. The Human carried with him an arquebus on a sling over his shoulder, a sword by his left side, a dagger at his right, and a halberd in his right hand. "Lo sabía! (I knew it!) I should have made myself taller, nearly everyone in this land dwarfs me." The Human grumbled, to which the Reptile chuckled with a toothy grin toward him. "Your diminutive height will make your enemies under-estimate you." The Lizard grinned wider, though his expression quickly flattened out when a few Karryon Knights approached. The Human smiled as he tilted up his metal visage mask and looked back into the narrow pupils of the Lizard's orange eyes for a moment, before slowly starting to continue down the ramp by himself. "Adiós, mi amor. (Goodbye, my love.) I hope to be back within a couple weeks. The Shards will be in the hands of the Karryon King, and then we may return home." He said warmly before departing, handing the halberd to his comarada and lover. The Lizard waved farewell in silence, watching sadly for a few seconds before walking back to the frigate. The Human turned to the Knights and calmly walked up to them with a friendly but small smile, and starts to speak in a foax stutter. "Hola-- Er, um, hello there." He said, offering a hand to one of them, which the black Wolf Knight slowly took. "Forgive me, I learned your language during my voyage, I've sailed around much of your coasts and met a few of your people. I am Pizarro Cortés, explorer and adventurer. Your homeland is very beautiful." He smiled again before taking back his hand, none of the other two knights offering theirs. "Thank you. We saw your ship, it's mighty impressive, and we thought you'd want to know there is a recruitment going on nearby for adventurers like yourself." The Wolf said, handing Pizarro a paper with details, which the Human feigned ignorance of as he read on. "Hmm, the Shards of an Emerald Sword? Sounds interesting, I should take a look..."
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 12:39:04 AM by BetrayerOfNihil »

Offline Luke White-Heart

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • !DREIW EB
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Vampyric Wolf-lion
  • Coloring: Pure white with blue streaks on the chest and back.
  • Height: 6'10"
  • Weight: 140
  • Build: Thin, but strong.
  • Currently: Meh.....been better. But in love. ^^
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2013, 02:39:06 AM »
Luke padded through the city, his paw on the pommel of his sword. His hood obscured his features, casting his face in shadow. He liked it this way. Anonymity was the only way to live; to be able to strike down an enemy without them knowing who it was or from where the blow had come was the truest expression of power attainable by mortals. Magic, on the other hand, was an entirely different story.
As he made his way through the city, he made note of everything, just as his Master had taught him. Was anyone watching him? Did they pose a threat? Was anyone following him? Where was his contact? The last question plagued him more than anything else. Without purpose, he was wandering aimlessly, and he tended to start slaughtering when he had no clear goal. It would be detrimental to The King's goals. He smirked, a smirk filled with ambition and blood-lust, but he had to bring himself back. He had to find his contact.
After an hour, he found her. His contact, a sultry lioness, was sitting at a table by a small tavern, looking like any other patron. The only difference was, Luke could see the tattoo on her brow, marking her as an Agent of Lucifer. Luke was the only one who could see it, of course, as the mortals would fly into a frenzy if the knew an Agent of Lucifer were padding among them. Or two.
Luke sat down, lowered his hood, and smiled at his contact. It was a wolfish smile, slightly dangerous, and she returned it.
"You're late," she said, making idle conversation, a signal to Luke that nothing was awry and that she had his new assignment ready.
"Got lost," he said, shrugging. "It's a big city." This meant he was ready.
"Well, in any case, I have to get going. You missed your shot," she sighed, reaching into her pack. "Here's that book you lent me."
She handed him a small, blood-red, leather-bound book. Luke took it, knowing it contained his coded instructions. His contact walked away, her tail swishes ever-so-slightly behind her. Luke turned his attention back to the book. It was small, blood-red, but otherwise insignificant. To mortals, anyway. It was imbued with blood magic, a spell designed to let only those who carried a Mark of Lucifer to peruse it's secrets. He opened it and read slowly, careful to commit every word to memory. When he finished, he nodded, got up, and used a spell to set the book ablaze. Then, he made his way to the castle.
  • Avatar by: Ventus Fall (THANK YOUS!!! :3 )
"Normal" is a word for something that doesn't exisit. It was created by those who don't challenge the status quo, and don't aspire to greatness.
Happiness is the way the Universe rewards those who face the hardships in their lives head on, with determination in their hearts.
Love is what binds us all together, what keeps us sane, makes us insane, holds the world and Universe together.
In my mind, it doesn't matter where you are going, where you've been, where you are, nor even the journey you're on. What matters is that you keep moving, no matter where you're going, where you've been, and where you are. Just keep moving.
I am White-Heart, white because it is every colour put into one, my heart is of all colours!

Offline Jormungdang

• Boisterous Bear
  • How shall i slice and dice you, hmm?
    • Steam
    • Awards
  • Species: A demon.
  • Height: 5'9"
  • Weight: 175 lbs
  • Build: Heavyset
  • Currently: YOU'VE DONE WELL!
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2013, 03:44:42 PM »
As he walked among the dark halls of Hel's castle, Wilfred, ever viligant, searched for the potential intruder. His queen was a powerful demoness with many artifacts that a thief would desire for their own collection. It was his position as Hel's elite guardsman and also her Devoted Fallen Angel, that caused him to protect these artifacts with his life. He heard a soft thumping noise and spun around, immediately drawing his sword to cut the limbs off of the intruder. A lesser demon stepped closer and Wilfred relaxed as he saw that it bore a message from Hel. As he began reading the message, his heart lept for joy. Finally, he had been granted permission to exact the revenge he had been seeking for 121 years. Wilfred left for his room, packed up his few belongings and left the palace. As he approached the massive gate that led to the world above, a magic circle appeared above his head and a steel manacle was formed within it. As he grasped the manacle, he heard Hel's voice in his mind. "This manacle shall give you the ability to draw on my power and also communicate with me freely. Attach it to your wrist quickly!" "Thank you, my queen." Wilfred replied. He extended his wings of red crystal and soared off, hunting for those that had caused him to fall into the Abyss so many years ago.
If you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back at you.

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

Offline Chronic Payne

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2013, 04:28:00 PM »
With a heavy yawn he examines the potential threats all brandishing the kingdoms colors and signature weaponry, "Heh, now I see why the gates have been closed, is it some kinda of tournament? Raffle? or what?", looking over notices a strange man walking over wrapped in bandages, getting an almost unnatural chill shrugs it off and stays leaning against tree.

"Competition? Is that what this is?", lowering his head sighs and scratches head with his tail, "Sorry, but I honestly don't have a clue... you got a better chance asking them.", his tail wiggles about and points in the direction of the booth where the Karryon guards are. "I have other things to do today, since it is the celebration of the war and all.", pushing self away from tree stretches and taking a quick glance at the crowd, moves onward back to the city area slowly sliding down the rocky path on foot reaching arm back to control his speed.

(Keep in mind that the kingdom is located in a valley type area surrounded by mountains, with the main castle being built in the face of a mountain over looking the city area below. So it is a steep climb. XD )

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2013, 05:01:45 PM »
Shinzuu and Lorazys made their way towards the kingdom from Lucretzia, where the guild was located, about 100 kilometers from the kingdom. They rode atop the roof of a merchant caravan heading in that direction. The twins took the opportunity to take a nap and awoke upon nearing their destination. The two wolves left the caravan as it began to make a roundabout to the normal entrance to the city, and headed straight for the steep mountainside. It wasn't the first time they've been here, so they know where there are enough trees to make it to the top. Shinzuu headed up first, leaping from trunk to trunk of the sparse, slanted trees. Most people never dreamed to trying to do what they were doing now. Each jump exceeded 3 metres and very few people can jump that high. Lorazys pulled up the rear behind her brother and kept her eyes forward. Unlike her brother, precision jumping required all of her concentration whereas Shinzuu could enjoy the view. It took about 30 minutes, but the two made it to the top and looked over both the city and the palace. Just to their right stood a very shocked guard at his post. Shinzuu merely turned his head, only his left eye open, invitation in hand, "You must be new... Don't worry, we have an invitation. We're going down to spectate to see who we're going to be protecting." With that, he leaped forward and planted his feet down as he slid down the mountainside. Lorazys gave a little smile at the guard (sometimes debatable to be her only feminine asset aside from her body), "Don't mind him. He just woke up from his nap so he's a little grumpy." She hopped off the edge after her brother and leaned forward to make herself go faster.

Lorazys looked over at her brother after catching up, "So where should we go first? I'm sure we'll have to report to the king sometime before the competition starts." Shinzuu didn't glance at her, "My guess is that he might still be in his throne room. He's the kind of person to do everything until the last second, rather than finish 1 thing early to prepare for the next. At least, that's what he's been doing every time we're expected." As the two got closer to the castle, they both pushed off the side, Lorazys falling faster due to having her zanbato, and dug it right into the wall, swinging on the handle so her hand doesn't snap off, and her brother landed on the broad side of the blade. Shinzuu then jumped off the zanbato, onto one of the palace's balconies, and his sister followed by pushing off the side and pulling the gigantic sword with her. "Okay, make sure you're a little nicer this time." "Business is business. I'm not here for feelings, I'm here for work."

Offline nixon/monto

• Lovable Lion
  • Rachet?oh yeah! He is my cousins friend.greet guy!
  • Species: lombax
  • Coloring: regular
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 145
  • Build: little above average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: doing good
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2013, 08:54:22 PM »
(I walk up close to the sign up tables and sit on a wall not to far from a man leaning against a dead tree. I had to catch my breath after walking the entire distance of the kingdom.) "this place is almost as big as andurinia.". (I take off my pack and pull out a box with a sweet roll in it and eat the sweet roll. I am curios to we if the man on the tree knows when sign ups end.). "sir do you know when the sign ups end?". (I say before taking the last bite of my sweet roll.)
Space is a place I can't wait to go to. All the time in reality. And yet I long for the end, not because I want it to end, but because I'm curious of how this world ends and where all these souls go to when they breath no more. But till then I'll be having the time of my life! :)

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army.
 FDF forever       "
SNIPER!!!  boo ya FDF!!

Offline Kittenpillar100

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
  • Species: Mountain Goat
  • Coloring: Super pale blue tint
  • Height: 5'8
  • Weight: 59kg
  • Build: Average, yet bulked up by fur, taurian
  • Currently: Humanish, but only slightly
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2013, 09:47:05 PM »
Iutil shook his head "Neither of us know" he stated, keeping a skeletal hand on his sword, he moved away towards the guards "I do believe that these ones know? Yes?" He looked up challengingly at those who may have been mocking him for his short 5' height. If they lived in the old days, they would be the freaks... Still, best not to alienate himself further by revealing his face... That would not go down well with anyone, he had heard bad things about what they did to demons and necromancers in some of the kinddoms, undead were probably treated the same.

He went up to a black bear guard, evidently of barbarian origins because he was a massive 6'5. Iutil sighed, a noise like wind in a graveyard. "Do you happen to know where those wishing to quest to find this 'sword' are?" he asked, his hollow voice attracting a raising of the eyebrows from the trio of guards. A female human halberder smiled "Its up at the castle" she spoke, pointing with the large weapon "Are you sure you want to go there though? I hear only the best are going... Her voice radiated actual concern for the small fellow, which caused Iutil to become slightly irritated.

He drew his highly engineered sword, and pointed it, seemingly at each invididual guard at the same time (although not in a threatening way, more to puntuate a comment). "I do not require your pity." he said, with little emotion. He didn't have much anyway - emotion was governed by glands, and he posessed no glands... "I am a scout from a far off kingdom but I am also a fighter, and a skilled one at that." He glared through the bandages, and the third guard, a crossbowman, looked intrigued.

"I-is that a Kalpok shortsword?" he asked interestedly, looking up. The man had already run into the crowd towards the castle. He did it suprisingly fast too, as if sprinting. He saw the white bandages dissapear into the crowd. "Interesting" he murmered to himself.

Amea blinked as a bandaged figure rushed past her, a bandage trailing, my he was fast. She continued among the crowd, some of the poorer peasants moving out of the way as they did when met with someone of a higher class. A few of the more perceptive and intelligent peasants scowled and frowned at the potions when they beleived she wasn't looking, however people had still refrained from commenting - it would be somewhat rude to ask a lady like her of her buisness. She spotted the tall masts of a huge ship a way aways from the shipyard, and raised an eyebrow.

As she arrived, a small gasp left her mouth, that ship was a masterful design! Tall and sleek, with beatiful wooden pannels which her keen eyes picked out even at this distance. There appeared to be rows of... She glanced at her hand-cannon and back at the ship. Yes! They were utilising scaled up hand cannons on the sides instead of ballistae and onagers which were more common on the low-tech ships these days. She would have to spend time for a closer inspection.

She spotted a man, with thick plate armour, similar, yet obviously superior to the heavy infantry of the Rikotti kingdom. It looked horribly heavy though, and she examined it with interest. As the man left the guards, she moved up to him, glancing at her dress, slightly nervously. She put her hands together, letting them rest at her legs and asked, a tinge of nervousness in her voice "Hallo sir, who are you?" she asked, her eyes slightly wide with interest and expectation.

The boy followed her, carrying the horse with him, the Lioness guard looking with interest at the hand-cannon attatched to the horse.
If you eat poison, don't forget to lick the dish. - Japanese Proverb

Make a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day, light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline ST-84 Sahelanthropus

• Yellow Yak
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • BetrayerOfNihil
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Nanotech Robot
  • Height: Usually 7ft, up to 50ft
  • Currently: A weapon to surpass... well, everything.
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2013, 10:39:39 PM »
While on his way to the bulletin for information on the recruitment, DeNihil stops when greeted by the half-Stoat, and with Augmented -- yet seemingly organic -- eyes, he looks over her, almost raising a brow when he saw the potions, poisons, and the hand cannon, quickly analysing all of them and determining their properties. "Interesante. (Interesting.)" He says to himself, then makes his introduction. "I am Pizarro Cortés, explorer and adventurer." He also estimates her cone of vision with great accuracy, based on the orientation of her eyes and the direction they faced, and could tell she had been glancing at the ship. He also turned his attention to the wooden frigate, though his eyes set themselves upon his companion, Ssa-Jen, who was standing guard at the top of the ramp. The Human could tell the Lizard was also looking back at him from the distance, their Conquistador-inspired armor being very distinguishable from the crowd even from that far away. "It is a fine ship, yes?" He asked after a brief moment, turning back to Amea with a small but proud smile, his scowling metal mask still flipped up for now so he does not intimidate anyone too greatly.

(EDIT: Just added an 'S' to the word scowling. My spell checker for some reason doesn't work right in Firefox. :s)
« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 02:37:23 AM by BetrayerOfNihil »

Offline Luke White-Heart

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • !DREIW EB
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Vampyric Wolf-lion
  • Coloring: Pure white with blue streaks on the chest and back.
  • Height: 6'10"
  • Weight: 140
  • Build: Thin, but strong.
  • Currently: Meh.....been better. But in love. ^^
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2013, 02:48:43 AM »
Luke looked up at the castle walls before him. The high walls suggested power and safety. An illusion created by mortals to delude themselves. Of course, when Lord Lucifer returned, none of it would matter. Luke padded through the large gates, his cloak swirling around his black armor. The guards paid him no mind, further proving their foolishness and foolish faith in their illusion of safety.
Luke walked up to one of the guards posted by the main entrance.
"Where is the commander of the guard?" he asked.
The guard gave him a confused look, but answered, "He's in the barracks." He pointed in the direction Luke needed to go. "Right over there. May I ask why?"
Luke looked at him and smiled kindly, but in his mind, his smile was filled with malice. "I wish to join the guard."
  • Avatar by: Ventus Fall (THANK YOUS!!! :3 )
"Normal" is a word for something that doesn't exisit. It was created by those who don't challenge the status quo, and don't aspire to greatness.
Happiness is the way the Universe rewards those who face the hardships in their lives head on, with determination in their hearts.
Love is what binds us all together, what keeps us sane, makes us insane, holds the world and Universe together.
In my mind, it doesn't matter where you are going, where you've been, where you are, nor even the journey you're on. What matters is that you keep moving, no matter where you're going, where you've been, and where you are. Just keep moving.
I am White-Heart, white because it is every colour put into one, my heart is of all colours!

Offline Jormungdang

• Boisterous Bear
  • How shall i slice and dice you, hmm?
    • Steam
    • Awards
  • Species: A demon.
  • Height: 5'9"
  • Weight: 175 lbs
  • Build: Heavyset
  • Currently: YOU'VE DONE WELL!
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2013, 02:15:17 AM »
Finally, he was on the path of revenge that had started 121 years ago. As he flew over the farms and villages, Wilfred had an odd sensation that he belonged. However, his demonic heart stifled such feelings. Wondering what he should do, he decided too ask Hel for advice. Directing his words toward the manacle on his right arm, he spoke "My queen, what is the first step to this path of revenge? Grant me knowledge so that I may slay my enemies." He heard Hel's voice say "There is a city, not far away, where the king begins a quest to capture an ancient weapon in hopes of tipping the scales. Go and enlist covertly. Many demons shall gather to prevent the adventure's progress." Thank you, my queen." Wilfred replied and finding himself nearing the gate of that city, flew upward to prevent discovery. He landed on the roof of a tall building, with many statues, and folding up his wings laid down to sleep.
If you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back at you.

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

Offline Chronic Payne

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2013, 07:38:20 PM »
(Skipping Hinoko, sorry bro took to long also majority rules) 0:)

Walking down the city streets passes by more and more unfamiliar faces as they head to the castle to sign up, "Heh, whatever this is they don't look like they are here for a friendly talk.", rolling his shoulder, lets out a heavy sigh, "Better keep my guard up, and pay close attention to these outsiders... lotta them I recognize from near by kingdoms but most likely I bet someone is here to try and kill the king.", a small smile inches across his face while he puts his hands behind his head, "Wouldn't be the first time a rivaling kingdom tried to use this celebration as a cover for their plans."

Finding the streets cramp with people decides to climb up the bulky buildings getting to the rooftops walking along the ledges watching below as the people go about their business, "Damn, I'm hungry... I wonder if Roland has opened up yet.", stopping at the corner of the building yawns and rubs stomach as it growls, "I could go for a Chitula Steak right about now.", looking over as he notices a guard tower one of the many that are stationed through out the city all with guards armed with bows, Alex waves to one of the guards in a friendly matter as he waves back, "Kinda feel sorry for those guys having to stay there all day.", the guard suddenly starts to wave frantically as he looks to be pointing to the streets below, rushing over as the commotion from the streets get louder and sees a crowd forming, "Aww great what now, another drunk? or outsider getting violent?", lunging over from roof top to roof top catches self on a ledge and looks down below as a fight breaks out between a couple bandits and Roland getting shoved around.

"Damn it Roland, I always gotta save your ass.",