The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Fight Against Darkness  (Read 15006 times)

Offline Cifero Windtail

• Velvety Vole
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter
  • I never give up... so don't push me. >_<
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Crat Feline-crow mix. (Just found out.... I HAVE FRACKING WINGS!!) (SO freaked out!!)
  • Coloring: Grey with dark grey stripes, Black hair, light blue scleras and blue corneas,
  • Height: 5' 10&quot;
  • Weight: 89 lbs. and then about 50 more (about 139 lbs.); he's fit, but he's not muscular. Has a bit of an outie.
  • Build: Lithe but wiry; a little soft around the middle, but it's hardly noticeable; he's actually got a rather feminine form.
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Holding out for a hero... but always having to save myself.
Re: Fight Against Darkness
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2012, 08:52:45 PM »
Jackal raises one eyebrow.
"Really? Well, maybe I can help you..."
  • Avatar by: I have three or four great ones: one by Sabah and a few by Lovableoutcast/Kishi... and also this one, drawn by Kayato/ Kaya... thanks guys. ^_^
  • Signature art by: I just want to tell you, the reference is a link to my other fursona.  Also: http://www.sanger.dk/
(I love my sister) http://www.zark.com http://www.zark.com/pages2/az66/az66b.html
Don't mess with Grammaton Clerics. THEY WILL END YOU.

Offline Luke White-Heart

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • !DREIW EB
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Vampyric Wolf-lion
  • Coloring: Pure white with blue streaks on the chest and back.
  • Height: 6'10"
  • Weight: 140
  • Build: Thin, but strong.
  • Currently: Meh.....been better. But in love. ^^
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2012, 08:54:00 PM »
Luke looks shocked...no one's ever offered to help him before...
"Sure, if you're willing to get into some shady stuff."
  • Avatar by: Ventus Fall (THANK YOUS!!! :3 )
"Normal" is a word for something that doesn't exisit. It was created by those who don't challenge the status quo, and don't aspire to greatness.
Happiness is the way the Universe rewards those who face the hardships in their lives head on, with determination in their hearts.
Love is what binds us all together, what keeps us sane, makes us insane, holds the world and Universe together.
In my mind, it doesn't matter where you are going, where you've been, where you are, nor even the journey you're on. What matters is that you keep moving, no matter where you're going, where you've been, and where you are. Just keep moving.
I am White-Heart, white because it is every colour put into one, my heart is of all colours!

Offline Cifero Windtail

• Velvety Vole
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Crat Feline-crow mix. (Just found out.... I HAVE FRACKING WINGS!!) (SO freaked out!!)
  • Coloring: Grey with dark grey stripes, Black hair, light blue scleras and blue corneas,
  • Weight: 89 lbs. and then about 50 more (about 139 lbs.); he's fit, but he's not muscular. Has a bit of an outie.
  • Build: Lithe but wiry; a little soft around the middle, but it's hardly noticeable; he's actually got a rather feminine form.
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2012, 08:55:22 PM »
Jackal cocked his head.
"Will there be villains? Traps?"
  • Avatar by: I have three or four great ones: one by Sabah and a few by Lovableoutcast/Kishi... and also this one, drawn by Kayato/ Kaya... thanks guys. ^_^
  • Signature art by: I just want to tell you, the reference is a link to my other fursona.  Also: http://www.sanger.dk/
(I love my sister) http://www.zark.com http://www.zark.com/pages2/az66/az66b.html

Offline Luke White-Heart

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • !DREIW EB
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2012, 08:57:19 PM »
Luke smiles slightly at how right Jackal is.
"Villans, definitly. Traps...maybe."
Hops off the roof and moves back down the street to meet contact.
"Normal" is a word for something that doesn't exisit. It was created by those who don't challenge the status quo, and don't aspire to greatness.
Happiness is the way the Universe rewards those who face the hardships in their lives head on, with determination in their hearts.
Love is what binds us all together, what keeps us sane, makes us insane, holds the world and Universe together.
In my mind, it doesn't matter where you are going, where you've been, where you are, nor even the journey you're on. What matters is that you keep moving, no matter where you're going, where you've been, and where you are. Just keep moving.
I am White-Heart, white because it is every colour put into one, my heart is of all colours!

Offline Cifero Windtail

• Velvety Vole
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2012, 09:00:44 PM »
Jackal smiles. "This is going to be fun..."
He follows Luke, pulling his hood over his head.

Offline Luke White-Heart

• Gregarious Gnu
  • !DREIW EB
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2012, 09:05:06 PM »
The contact's come and gone, but he left the dossier. Luke picks it up and searches the contents. Only one piece of paper, with a few words. It's a name, and location of the last man known to have had contact with Luke's father.
"Well, looks like he's here in town..."

Offline Cifero Windtail

• Velvety Vole
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2012, 09:07:24 PM »
Jackal looked over Luke's shoulder.
"Who's in town?"

Offline Aldrea945

• Jovial Jaguar
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • A whole world ahead of me to do stupid things.
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Tiger/raven mix
  • Coloring: Gold and black fur seguing into black feathers
  • Height: 5 foot.
  • Weight: 220 pounds of fur and feathers
  • Build: Strong, lean, and agile. Built more for hunting or long range battle than heavy weapons or close range.
  • Currently: I shall live again! (Maybe.)
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2012, 09:08:09 PM »
Rachel slowed to a walk once she got outside the wealthier district, sidestepping trash here and there.  Beggers slept here and there in doorways, huddled under rags.  Few people from houses passed through this alley.  The street rats, her among them, would strip anything valuable from them in a heartbeat.

She smiled as she came to an old bar.  The lady that owned it had helped her out on several occations, maybe she'd know where the bugger'd gotten to.  She walked to the backdoor, glancing around for anything edible.  'Must not have trown anything out yet...' she thought, shoulders sagging slightly.  She knocked timidly on the door.

Within a moment, Ms Smithy opened the door, butcher knife in hand for protection and bear fur bristling.  "Yes?"

Rachel tipped her cap to the lady, smiling warmly.  "Mornin' Ms Smithy.  I was wonderin' if you could tell about somethin'," she said, deepening her voice a hint.  Never hurt her to act like a boy.  They got more food.

Ms Smithy relaxed and smiled.  "Ray, it's been a while.  I have a plate of overcooked food for you if you're hungry.  It's always nice to see a friendly face my boy," she said.

Rachel bowed.  "If you don't mind Ms Smithy.  I'ven't had much to eat in a day or two.  What I was hopin' for though was a bit of info."

Ms Smithy took something off the counter, wrapped in a cloth.  It was cold, but Rachel couldn't care less.  "I'll see what I can do."

Rachel pulled something out of her bag and handed it to the old lady.  A scarf, retrieved from a rich clothesline.  "Your payment first."

"Of course."  She tucked it into her apron.

Rachel tucked into a piece of burnt bread.  "Little bugger took my dinner yesterday and left a note.  Blue eyes, black hair, female.  You seen anyone like that?"

Ms Smithy leaned on the doorframe.  "That I haven't seen.  You thinkin' of trackin' her down?"

"Maybe.  I want to make sure she doesn't steal from me again."  'Man this food is good...  I need to pay her more.'

"Well, I'll look out for her, but you know the drill.  You should be going boy.  The ships are coming in soon, and I know you love that silk and sage."  She made a shooing motion, driving Rachel into the alley.  Rachel waved and started toward the docks, tucking the rest of the food safely in her bag.  If the kid was a rat like her, the docks would be the best place to snag goods, second only to the wealthy roads.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 09:10:49 PM by Aldrea945 »
I have an angry teddy bear with a flamethrower and a bad temper.

He's not as cute as Lucifer said he'd be, but at least the chainsaw is hidden.

Offline Cifero Windtail

• Velvety Vole
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2012, 09:10:42 PM »
Jackal glanced out the window nd spotted the girl.
"Hold on a second...." he said, rushing outside and catching hold of the girl's arm.
"Why are you running all over the place?"

(This is directed at you, Aldrea...)

Offline Luke White-Heart

• Gregarious Gnu
  • !DREIW EB
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2012, 09:13:08 PM »
Jackal looked over Luke's shoulder.
"Who's in town?"
"Bear...named Alain...He's a person you go to in order to disappear...And we're gonna pay him a visit."
Tosses folder in a near by hobo fire, then moves to climb nearby building*
He's at an old bar. Down the street in fact.

Offline Aldrea945

• Jovial Jaguar
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Build: Strong, lean, and agile. Built more for hunting or long range battle than heavy weapons or close range.
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2012, 09:17:02 PM »
Rachel whipped around in reflex and swung at him, hitting him square in the chest.  It wasn't spectacularly hard, but it was even to need to slow and take a hard breath.  She jumped a few feet back.  "Who are you, and what does it matter?"  She stood ready to fight, hands balled into fists and feet spread.  'Great, another weirdo...'

Offline Luke White-Heart

• Gregarious Gnu
  • !DREIW EB
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2012, 09:18:21 PM »
"Whoa, whoa. We don't want any trouble."
Luke steps in between Rachel and Jackal.

Offline Cifero Windtail

• Velvety Vole
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2012, 09:22:40 PM »
Jackal clutched his chest, scared to death.
"I was only askking you a question! Sheesh!"
He looked at the girl. "It's just... this a dangerous place, even for someone as tough as you obviously are. Trust me, I've lived on these streets my whole fracking life... it's a bitch out here."

Offline Aldrea945

• Jovial Jaguar
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2012, 09:27:41 PM »
Rachel watched him carefully.  "I have too.  I know this place up and down.  I don't know YOU.  So, little background on why you want to know?"  She didn't relax her stance.  It was an effort to keep her voice a bit deeper, but she'd rather not be seen as a girl.  They got mugged more.

Post Merge: April 07, 2012, 09:28:58 PM
(After this exchange, we'll wait for our lizard companion.)

Offline Cifero Windtail

• Velvety Vole
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2012, 09:29:21 PM »
Jaxkal shrugged.
"I'm curious. Is that not enough of an explanation, miss... wait, what's your name??"