The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Fight Against Darkness  (Read 15099 times)

Offline Aldrea945

• Jovial Jaguar
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • A whole world ahead of me to do stupid things.
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Tiger/raven mix
  • Coloring: Gold and black fur seguing into black feathers
  • Height: 5 foot.
  • Weight: 220 pounds of fur and feathers
  • Build: Strong, lean, and agile. Built more for hunting or long range battle than heavy weapons or close range.
  • Currently: I shall live again! (Maybe.)
Fight Against Darkness
« on: April 06, 2012, 01:46:09 AM »
"Danger be to those that seek out things they do not understand.  Turn away or be lost child."  The letter sat on the balcony roof she slept on, crisp and clean compared to the slate around her.  Red ink stood out on the white, dark as dried blood and readable only in the moonlight.  Her fur bristled.

"Old coot.  I know exactly what I'm doing," she said.  The moonlight highlighted the old boy's clothes she wore, from newsboy cap to boots.  Her white hair was tucked into the hat, and brown eyes shown against the stripes on her face.  She yawned and flicked her tail and ears.  "Aw well.  I'll bed down tonight and start searching tomorrow."

As she lay under the blankets stashed under the eves, a figure watched nearby.  The smog in the London air did little to hide the eyes of it.  Within a minute, it dashed away.

The year was 1800.  The place was London.  But the world would soon be Hell.

(I am starting this from a roleplay envisioned by someone else.  He hasn't been on the forums since a few posts in, but it seemed neat to start.  I hope it's not against the rules to use an abandoned RP.)
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 02:59:55 PM by Aldrea945 »
I have an angry teddy bear with a flamethrower and a bad temper.

He's not as cute as Lucifer said he'd be, but at least the chainsaw is hidden.

Offline Kaya

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Poster Top 100 Most Online
  • B3 l00k1n L1k3 D4ng H3'2 Fly
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: dragon with feathered wings
  • Coloring: Green eyes, purple and blue hair to her mid back purple and blue scales on her body
  • Height: 5' 10''
  • Weight: 120lbs
  • Build: alletically built
  • Currently: Nursing a cracked spine and busted right hip
Re: Fight Against Darkness
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2012, 02:00:18 AM »
Elizabeth looks up when lacy returned from her mission "you deliver the letter child?" Lacy nods and keeps her gaze  adverted Lacy:"yes ma'am just like you said." Elizabeth smiles "good you can go back to sleep now. i need to do something. i will return shortly."

Elizabeth stands and draws her tattered hooded cloak around her and draws the hood up. after a while of walking she stops on the outskirts of the city. a nother hooded figure is just barely visible. Elizabeth bows slightly, "the letter has been delivered. do you have any other wishes?"

The hooded figure says nothing for a few min and it makes Elizabeth nervous, but then if finally hisses out, "no there isssss nothing left that you need to accomplisssssssh. await your next sset of ordersss" Elizabeth nods then returns to her small group and rests.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 02:04:02 AM by Kaya »
  • Signature art by: me
you can always return to the land of goodness. the road is paved with many challenges, but the most rewarding paths are not always the easiest.

Offline serpington

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Most Online
  • I'm not a bad man.....I just do things bad men do.
    • Awards
  • Species: Spider
  • Coloring: Black with red patterning
  • Height: 10 foot
  • Currently: silently watching
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2012, 12:11:57 PM »
max snuck through a few alleys silently, looking for a place to  sleep for the night where the wind wouldn't bother him, soon finding a ladder leading to a small roof-top green house he had found a few weeks before that he liked to stay in. silently as always he climed  the ader and sliped in through the door with a broken lock, hiding away in a dark spot he wraped a blanket he had 'borrowed' from a clothes line just down the street around himself tightly.
“I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”
"If ever you should need my life, come and take it. If I die, I forgive you, if I recover, we shall see."

Offline Aldrea945

• Jovial Jaguar
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • A whole world ahead of me to do stupid things.
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Tiger/raven mix
  • Coloring: Gold and black fur seguing into black feathers
  • Height: 5 foot.
  • Weight: 220 pounds of fur and feathers
  • Build: Strong, lean, and agile. Built more for hunting or long range battle than heavy weapons or close range.
  • Currently: I shall live again! (Maybe.)
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2012, 04:27:37 PM »
Morning came slowly, casting grey light on the dirty slush along the streets and off white snow on the roofs.  Mailcarriers had aleady started their routes, rolling down the streets next to the milk carriers.  Cold winds woke the streets throughout London, brushing snow against windows and under blankets.

Rachel opened her eyes, squinting against the wind and rolling over.  She stretched languidly, shivering in the cold air and readjusting her jacket.  Another day, another few wallets to swipe.  She tucked the blankets back under the eves, adjusting her hat on her head.  The letter lay tucked into her bag, forgotten.

She hurried off the roof via escapes and headed into the alleys.  She'd find that thing that swiped her dinner.  Whatever it was.
I have an angry teddy bear with a flamethrower and a bad temper.

He's not as cute as Lucifer said he'd be, but at least the chainsaw is hidden.

Offline Kaya

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Poster Top 100 Most Online
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Green eyes, purple and blue hair to her mid back purple and blue scales on her body
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2012, 06:14:25 PM »
Elizabeth smiled as she sipped on her hot tea and watched the others sharing a few hot loaves of freshly baked bread she was able to wring out of the bakers son. he was a nice lad, though he wasn't all too smart.. thought not with his brain. well in the end it served her well. She had three more letters to deliver.. these she would do herself. 
« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 08:29:19 PM by Kaya »
you can always return to the land of goodness. the road is paved with many challenges, but the most rewarding paths are not always the easiest.

Offline Cifero Windtail

• Velvety Vole
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Poster
  • I never give up... so don't push me. >_<
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Crat Feline-crow mix. (Just found out.... I HAVE FRACKING WINGS!!) (SO freaked out!!)
  • Coloring: Grey with dark grey stripes, Black hair, light blue scleras and blue corneas,
  • Height: 5' 10&quot;
  • Weight: 89 lbs. and then about 50 more (about 139 lbs.); he's fit, but he's not muscular. Has a bit of an outie.
  • Build: Lithe but wiry; a little soft around the middle, but it's hardly noticeable; he's actually got a rather feminine form.
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Holding out for a hero... but always having to save myself.
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2012, 06:39:16 PM »
Jackal silently followed the odd girl across the rooftops, curious as to why she was running. He rested one hand on the pommel of his sahmshir, in case he needed to use it. What is she looking for? he wondered.
  • Avatar by: I have three or four great ones: one by Sabah and a few by Lovableoutcast/Kishi... and also this one, drawn by Kayato/ Kaya... thanks guys. ^_^
  • Signature art by: I just want to tell you, the reference is a link to my other fursona.  Also: http://www.sanger.dk/
(I love my sister) http://www.zark.com http://www.zark.com/pages2/az66/az66b.html
Don't mess with Grammaton Clerics. THEY WILL END YOU.

Offline Luke White-Heart

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • !DREIW EB
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Vampyric Wolf-lion
  • Coloring: Pure white with blue streaks on the chest and back.
  • Height: 6'10"
  • Weight: 140
  • Build: Thin, but strong.
  • Currently: Meh.....been better. But in love. ^^
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2012, 07:08:23 PM »
Luke sat in the rain, waiting for the contact with information about his father. Looking out of the alley, he saw Elizabeth walking along, being followed but Jackal (though he doesn't know who they are.) What's going on here? he wonders. Looking around, he gets up and follows Jackal on the opposite roof.
  • Avatar by: Ventus Fall (THANK YOUS!!! :3 )
"Normal" is a word for something that doesn't exisit. It was created by those who don't challenge the status quo, and don't aspire to greatness.
Happiness is the way the Universe rewards those who face the hardships in their lives head on, with determination in their hearts.
Love is what binds us all together, what keeps us sane, makes us insane, holds the world and Universe together.
In my mind, it doesn't matter where you are going, where you've been, where you are, nor even the journey you're on. What matters is that you keep moving, no matter where you're going, where you've been, and where you are. Just keep moving.
I am White-Heart, white because it is every colour put into one, my heart is of all colours!

Offline Kaya

• Quizzical Quail
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2012, 08:26:35 PM »
"I need to take care of some things. you guys are free to do as you wish. anything you get while I'm away is yours to keep. so if you want to stock up.. now will be the time to do so. If I'm not back by sundown, move to the safehouse on the east sector the third warehouse building." she looks at all of them. "Is that understood?" All of them nod and reply in unison, "Yes miss, travel well." Elizabeth nods. "Good. i will see you all in time." Elizabeth finishes up her tea and dons her tattered traveling cloak, its faded purple and black velvet, one of the only things left from her home.

(I'm sitting drinking my tea aldrea is the one moving. and its SNOWING not raining. love you all but read thoroughly please... that way to avoid confusion. ^_^ )

Offline Luke White-Heart

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • !DREIW EB
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2012, 08:28:50 PM »
(sorry...snow's in my eyes...first rp....)
"Normal" is a word for something that doesn't exisit. It was created by those who don't challenge the status quo, and don't aspire to greatness.
Happiness is the way the Universe rewards those who face the hardships in their lives head on, with determination in their hearts.
Love is what binds us all together, what keeps us sane, makes us insane, holds the world and Universe together.
In my mind, it doesn't matter where you are going, where you've been, where you are, nor even the journey you're on. What matters is that you keep moving, no matter where you're going, where you've been, and where you are. Just keep moving.
I am White-Heart, white because it is every colour put into one, my heart is of all colours!

Offline Cifero Windtail

• Velvety Vole
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Poster
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Crat Feline-crow mix. (Just found out.... I HAVE FRACKING WINGS!!) (SO freaked out!!)
  • Coloring: Grey with dark grey stripes, Black hair, light blue scleras and blue corneas,
  • Weight: 89 lbs. and then about 50 more (about 139 lbs.); he's fit, but he's not muscular. Has a bit of an outie.
  • Build: Lithe but wiry; a little soft around the middle, but it's hardly noticeable; he's actually got a rather feminine form.
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2012, 08:42:21 PM »
Jackal sudden;y halts and glances behind him, hearing something. Not seeing anything, he keeps going... unaware he's being followed...
  • Avatar by: I have three or four great ones: one by Sabah and a few by Lovableoutcast/Kishi... and also this one, drawn by Kayato/ Kaya... thanks guys. ^_^
  • Signature art by: I just want to tell you, the reference is a link to my other fursona.  Also: http://www.sanger.dk/
(I love my sister) http://www.zark.com http://www.zark.com/pages2/az66/az66b.html

Offline Luke White-Heart

• Gregarious Gnu
  • !DREIW EB
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2012, 08:44:26 PM »
Luke hides behind a radiator, breathing heavily.
Gotta be more careful, he thinks, then continues to follow Jackal.

Offline Cifero Windtail

• Velvety Vole
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2012, 08:46:15 PM »
Suddenly, Jackal does a total reversal and leaps at Luke, pinning him to a chimney.
"Why are you following me?!"

Offline Luke White-Heart

• Gregarious Gnu
  • !DREIW EB
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2012, 08:47:21 PM »
*Coughs slightly*
"I could ask you the same thing about her!"

Offline Cifero Windtail

• Velvety Vole
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2012, 08:49:13 PM »
"I was curious!" Jackal said. "You don't normally see some random girl running across rooftops!"
Jackal lets Luke go, dropping the wolf to the ground.
"You're welcome to help me follow her."

Offline Luke White-Heart

• Gregarious Gnu
  • !DREIW EB
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2012, 08:51:01 PM »
*growls slightly*
"I prefer to work on my own. In any case, i have some other business to attend to."