The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Rants: Everyday Venting  (Read 171212 times)

Offline Cecilia Peromi

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Squeak!
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Mouse
  • Coloring: Purple and white
  • Height: 5 foot 4
  • Weight: 170 lbs
  • Build: Slim
Re: Rants: Everyday Venting
« Reply #7185 on: October 24, 2017, 02:35:19 PM »
To be fair, I couldn't see something like that happening on the forums anyway.

(also, you mentioned earlier that the text editing buttons get stuck, that's happened to me too. I thought it was just my phone.)
Oh woof

Offline Midnight Madness

• Lucifer 2.0 (Doggo Edition)
  • Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
  • Absolutely adorable.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lycanroc
  • Height: 5'11"
  • Weight: 175 lbs.
  • Build: Very well toned, intimidating despite his average height.
  • Currently: Guess who.
« Reply #7186 on: October 24, 2017, 06:57:10 PM »
A friend paid an Artist named [Removed] to do a thing for him. This payment was done up front due to it supposedly being for support during Hurricane Irma. The artist has neglected to even update my friend on the status of the commissions and has been doing artwork from numerous other places all the while. He even sent a note to the artist and, after almost a week, the artist hasn't even bothered to open the note.

I'm calling scummy behavior on that one.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 05:52:50 PM by Angder »

Offline Cecilia Peromi

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Squeak!
    • Discord
    • Awards
« Reply #7187 on: October 25, 2017, 12:57:51 AM »
I get that an artist's life is hard, but at the end of the day you're paying for a product. It sure does stink when you get swindled, that money is just gone now.
Oh woof

Offline Cecilia Peromi

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Squeak!
    • Discord
    • Awards
« Reply #7188 on: October 26, 2017, 05:36:36 PM »
I know double posting is frowned upon, but I got stuff to say. XP

My sociology class always makes nervous about the future. We talk about business, and the one percent, social classes, politics, etcetera. Our discussions usually involve the opinionated people talk about how bad America is, how our system is wrong and people are angry. It just makes me sad, I like to think that everything is pretty alright. But during class I realize that I really have no idea where we’re all headed. I’m not gonna say that we’re doomed, but everyone seems to think so...

Also I don’t like my job. It’s not that it’s hard, or the hours stink, or the people are mean. It’s just extremely boring, and I don’t make enough money to have to put up with it. I don’t even have any financial needs. But then again... when I complain... I feel like I’m part of the social problems above. I just feel bad about myself. :/
Oh woof

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • BEHOLD THE POWER OF MY...Rubber sword?
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Folf (Hybrid Fox Wolf)
  • Coloring: Dark Blue, Light Blue
  • Weight: WHA!?!?
  • Build: Slim,fit.
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Still raiding open fridges and freezers.
« Reply #7189 on: October 26, 2017, 05:52:05 PM »
as far as I can  related to the USA i think we're doing pretty well there are a couple things that could be fixed and then there's one other thing.....
Uhh..Lord I didn't train to be a pilot. Tell me I don't have any more flying to do today.........................  Amen. ~ 'Dutch' Halo3 ODST.

We all go through peroids of darkness. In such times we can turn to the Lord, but it's good to have friends ~  Joshua Graham , Fallout New Vegas, Honest Hearts.

When people are lost they turn to the man who  acts like he knows the way out,  when the truth is he knows less than them. ~ John McMillan Original War

"Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself" -Unknown.

"I guess irony can be pretty ironic sometimes" ~William Shatter, Airplane II 

Credits: Alesssia pictures by JackThorn/Tomas13

Offline Rob_Silvermyst

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • King of Furgasta
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Furiffic Profile
    • Awards
  • Species: Archangel Wolf
  • Coloring: Silver/White (fur), White (Wings), Gold (Eyes)
  • Height: 6ft
  • Weight: 200 lbs
  • Build: Tone
  • Currently: Tea with a fascinating stranger is one of life's true delights.
« Reply #7190 on: October 26, 2017, 11:04:29 PM »
Indeed. The US is getting back on its feet, and the corrupt establishment is starting to eat itself. Certainly not perfect, but it's a step in the right direction. Sadly, more and more classrooms are getting filled with more of the identity politics crap that teaches kids to ignore everything that makes a person who they are and focus more on skin color and gender, along with partisan politics. Schools are supposed to be places to learn the basics and teach children critical thinking skills, not dictate what politics they want children to be indoctrinated into. And the colleges are even worse. It feels like if I ever have kids of my own, I'd want to home school them or find a good private school.

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #7191 on: October 26, 2017, 11:27:12 PM »
Indeed. The US is getting back on its feet, and the corrupt establishment is starting to eat itself. Certainly not perfect, but it's a step in the right direction. Sadly, more and more classrooms are getting filled with more of the identity politics crap that teaches kids to ignore everything that makes a person who they are and focus more on skin color and gender, along with partisan politics. Schools are supposed to be places to learn the basics and teach children critical thinking skills, not dictate what politics they want children to be indoctrinated into. And the colleges are even worse. It feels like if I ever have kids of my own, I'd want to home school them or find a good private school.
yeah that's one problem among  a few.
Uhh..Lord I didn't train to be a pilot. Tell me I don't have any more flying to do today.........................  Amen. ~ 'Dutch' Halo3 ODST.

We all go through peroids of darkness. In such times we can turn to the Lord, but it's good to have friends ~  Joshua Graham , Fallout New Vegas, Honest Hearts.

When people are lost they turn to the man who  acts like he knows the way out,  when the truth is he knows less than them. ~ John McMillan Original War

"Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself" -Unknown.

Offline Cecilia Peromi

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Squeak!
    • Discord
    • Awards
« Reply #7192 on: October 26, 2017, 11:34:40 PM »
Eh, I feel that it’s somewhat related to the class. All we really talk about is people. Lazy people, silly people, radical people, and the like. It’s actually pretty interesting, if it weren’t so pessimistic.
Oh woof

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #7193 on: October 27, 2017, 12:24:37 AM »
Don't get me started Cecilia.

Offline Dazed

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Not real
    • Awards
  • Species: Raptor
« Reply #7194 on: October 27, 2017, 07:44:46 AM »
Dont know if i should be sad for myself.
Probably shouldnt post this here.
probably shouldnt say i shouldnt post this here

Offline Corran Orreaux

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #7195 on: October 27, 2017, 10:09:04 AM »
It's my birthday, I'm 17 now... it feels kinda weird. I imagine this is normal but I'm panicking about my future right now, I still don't know what I want to take in college. I love history but a degree in that field gives me very limited career options; teacher being the main choice. I love writing but that mainly gives me the same options.

Cinematography is a recent love, but despite my obsession for it in the past couple years I don't know if I will care much for it in five to ten years from now. 

I once wanted to be a psychologist but I don't think I have or will ever have the needed skills for that field.

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #7196 on: October 27, 2017, 02:59:13 PM »
Have you ever thought of not going to college and instead educating yourself?

Dazed, I don't see why you shouldn't post that.

Offline Cheza

• Förseningschef
  • Global Moderator
  • Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has donated to the forum. Top 10 Most Online This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Mostly harmless.
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Woof.
  • Coloring: Brown.
  • Height: 165 cm.
  • Weight: 50 kg.
  • Build: Average.
  • Currently: Gnawing on all the table legs!
« Reply #7197 on: October 29, 2017, 10:19:13 AM »
Promised to come to a party but forgot to ask is someone I'd rather avoid will be there too.
This could get awkward.

Offline Bricket

• Whalloping Walrus
  • awards Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Awards
« Reply #7198 on: October 29, 2017, 10:48:04 AM »
I replaced 135 sleepers with the team yesteday, my muscles hurt alot today  :P

Offline Brisky

• Awkward armour
  • Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Most Online This user has donated to the forum. Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Spooky, isn't it?
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: WereTonk
  • Coloring: Black with gold stripes
« Reply #7199 on: October 29, 2017, 01:34:58 PM »
@Bt

As a wise main once said: "Painis weakness leaving the body..." ;P

@Cz

If I were you, I'd still go, as it's an oppertunity to grow a lady's pair, or maintain those that you already have. Shure, (s)he'll be there, but you're strong enough to not care about that! Right?

Unless the reason why you'd rather avoid him is something more serious, such as assault, or stalking, I think that there's really no reason why you can't go to the party, and still avoid him at the same time.

(But that's just my say and encouragement)
« Last Edit: October 29, 2017, 02:18:17 PM by A brisky little challenger »