The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Rants: Everyday Venting  (Read 171311 times)

Offline ★Amethyst★

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Maine Coon
  • Coloring: White with light purple hair/patches
  • Height: 5'6"
  • Weight: 120
  • Build: Average/slim
  • Currently: itching to do stuff
Re: Rants: Everyday Venting
« Reply #4845 on: March 06, 2016, 09:48:26 PM »
Literally everyone and everything around me has pissed me off at least once. So no, I'm just generally in a bad temper. Or I'm extremely sad (don't want to say "depressed" because I know someone will lecture me on how I have to diagnosed by a doctor in order to call it depression).

To be fair, I've never been diagnosed either. But that doesn't change feeling like crud if you really do.

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #4846 on: March 06, 2016, 10:07:50 PM »
I apparently picked an odd time to vent my thing.

Geoffrey you aren't evil.

You calling me Geoffrey was enough to cheer me up, so all is not lost. XD

Offline Cecilia Peromi

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster
  • Squeak!
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Mouse
  • Coloring: Purple and white
  • Height: 5 foot 4
  • Weight: 170 lbs
  • Build: Slim
« Reply #4847 on: March 06, 2016, 10:14:57 PM »
I just can't be there for everyone all the time. Although I'd really like to, I'm still human you know?

But at least I made you smile. :)
Oh woof

Offline saph the sergal

• Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Top 10 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
  • a derpy sergal
    • Awards
  • Species: aussie sergal
  • Coloring: black and purple
  • Height: 6 feet
  • Weight: 50 kilograms
  • Build: in shape
  • Currently: hello darkness my old friend
« Reply #4848 on: March 06, 2016, 10:54:26 PM »
my hunt for one thing is driving me nuts

i just want a steel fire extinguisher so i can safely put it near a 700 degree c (1220F) smelter
tried google?

T_T T_T T_T T_T T_T of course i have its the fact that most dont list what its made from on their site
atleast i got one email back saying its made from mild steel today so thats good[/quote]

on land line is a inanimate object under water it has a life of its own

i have a very dry sense of humor be careful around me :D

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • BEHOLD THE POWER OF MY...Rubber sword?
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Folf (Hybrid Fox Wolf)
  • Coloring: Dark Blue, Light Blue
  • Weight: WHA!?!?
  • Build: Slim,fit.
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Still raiding open fridges and freezers.
« Reply #4849 on: March 06, 2016, 10:59:41 PM »

i just want a steel fire extinguisher so i can safely put it near a 700 degree c (1220F) smelter
tried google?

T_T T_T T_T T_T T_T of course i have its the fact that most dont list what its made from on their site
atleast i got one email back saying its made from mild steel today so thats good
Ahh glad you found one safety is always something important.. we have one fire extingusiher in every room almost where i live.
Uhh..Lord I didn't train to be a pilot. Tell me I don't have any more flying to do today.........................  Amen. ~ 'Dutch' Halo3 ODST.

We all go through peroids of darkness. In such times we can turn to the Lord, but it's good to have friends ~  Joshua Graham , Fallout New Vegas, Honest Hearts.

When people are lost they turn to the man who  acts like he knows the way out,  when the truth is he knows less than them. ~ John McMillan Original War

"Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself" -Unknown.

"I guess irony can be pretty ironic sometimes" ~William Shatter, Airplane II 

Credits: Alesssia pictures by JackThorn/Tomas13

Offline Silaluk

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • w ▲ n d e r e r
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf (not pure blooded)
  • Coloring: Dark gray and light gray.
  • Height: 2'4"
  • Weight: 114 lbs.
  • Build: Slender but very fluffy. Feral.
  • Currently: Sad.
« Reply #4850 on: March 06, 2016, 11:04:44 PM »
Everyone who thinks they have a wolf totem without going to a shaman or another Native American religious power annoys the shit out of me.

Quizzes online ARE NOT ACCURATE. Your totem is not based on personality alone! So many freaking white people think our culture is so "beautiful and mysterious" but they literally have NO understanding of it. This doesn't apply to everyone, and I'm not going to condemn those who have an interest, but you are exploiting my people just so you can fit your selfish ideals. Wolves are cool and all, but you shouldn't complain if your totem is a beaver or a caribou. It's of the utmost disrespect.

You don't choose your totem, the totem chooses you. Torngasak chooses it, it's beyond your tiny amount of human control.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 11:07:38 PM by Silaluk »

Quote from: Sandor on March 05, 2016, 07:15:04 AM
Quote from: Sandor on March 04, 2016, 10:21:04 AM
Silaluk is too brutal for 90% of this forum.

Actually, make that something like 96%.

Offline kalan

• The immortal half blood
  • Velvety Vole
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. Top 100 Poster Top 50 Most Online
    • Awards
  • Species: Welf
  • Coloring: Blue and silver with a small light blue crescent scar under his left eyes from a magic attack
  • Height: 6' 2"
  • Weight: 189 lbs
  • Build: Tall and muscular with the strength and speed of an elf
  • Currently: Slowly coming back
« Reply #4851 on: March 06, 2016, 11:07:02 PM »
I'm tired of being internally negative all the time. It's gotten to the point where I see something I'm fine with or enjoy, but my first thought is something hateful that I don't actually feel or believe. It's like all the hateful comments I see about everything are living in my head and like to pop out at bad times. Or is this really a part of me? Am I a monster in denial?
Am I just plain insane?

Ive found myself thinking something similar, I cant stop being an asshole to people. Its starting to drive me crazy to the point im ready to give up on everything and just say screw it. I didnt use to be this way either, and im concered about what im gonna become later. At least I know theres one sure way to stop it
^Is my bust fren

Spoiler for Hidden:
That made me feel so good. Oh my gosh. Thank you man and same to you  [hugs tight]

I'm the same without Makias and Kalan!
both are loved and fun to be around

"Atleast your stomach will stop your tears from hitting the ground" ~Tim (138)

Offline saph the sergal

• Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Top 10 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
  • a derpy sergal
    • Awards
« Reply #4852 on: March 06, 2016, 11:07:33 PM »

tried google?

atleast i got one email back saying its made from mild steel today so thats good
Ahh glad you found one safety is always something important.. we have one fire extingusiher in every room almost where i live.

there aint no way one is being used for saftey

its getting cut in half and put into a fire for aluminium melting  :P

the ones i need around the house are the CO2 ones because of the computers around the house and those cost more then i can afford right now

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • BEHOLD THE POWER OF MY...Rubber sword?
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Folf (Hybrid Fox Wolf)
  • Coloring: Dark Blue, Light Blue
  • Weight: WHA!?!?
  • Build: Slim,fit.
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Still raiding open fridges and freezers.
« Reply #4853 on: March 06, 2016, 11:09:24 PM »

tried google?

the ones i need around the house are the CO2 ones because of the computers around the house and those cost more then i can afford right now
Alumnium sculptor huh?
Uhh..Lord I didn't train to be a pilot. Tell me I don't have any more flying to do today.........................  Amen. ~ 'Dutch' Halo3 ODST.

We all go through peroids of darkness. In such times we can turn to the Lord, but it's good to have friends ~  Joshua Graham , Fallout New Vegas, Honest Hearts.

When people are lost they turn to the man who  acts like he knows the way out,  when the truth is he knows less than them. ~ John McMillan Original War

"Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself" -Unknown.

"I guess irony can be pretty ironic sometimes" ~William Shatter, Airplane II 

Credits: Alesssia pictures by JackThorn/Tomas13

Offline Cecilia Peromi

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster
  • Squeak!
    • Discord
    • Awards
« Reply #4854 on: March 06, 2016, 11:12:57 PM »
Kalan, don't.  Just like I told Geoffrey, you are not evil. If you say that you weren't always like this then the question is: How did you change? And there's one person you haven't hurt ever, me.
Oh woof

Offline saph the sergal

• Noble Newt
  • a derpy sergal
    • Awards
« Reply #4855 on: March 06, 2016, 11:17:14 PM »

tried google?

Alumnium sculptor huh?

nah just a person out to make some spare cash on scrap aluminuim and old drink cans

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #4856 on: March 06, 2016, 11:46:33 PM »
Everyone who thinks they have a wolf totem without going to a shaman or another Native American religious power annoys the shit out of me.

Quizzes online ARE NOT ACCURATE. Your totem is not based on personality alone! So many freaking white people think our culture is so "beautiful and mysterious" but they literally have NO understanding of it. This doesn't apply to everyone, and I'm not going to condemn those who have an interest, but you are exploiting my people just so you can fit your selfish ideals. Wolves are cool and all, but you shouldn't complain if your totem is a beaver or a caribou. It's of the utmost disrespect.

You don't choose your totem, the totem chooses you. Torngasak chooses it, it's beyond your tiny amount of human control.

Literally every non-Native American person I've seen who claims they have a certain totem animal, it is ALWAYS wolf. Never anything else. My old friend is part Cherokee and he occasionally ranted about that. If I remember correctly, he said seriously having a wolf totem was uncommon.
He was unsure of his at the time, but a relative (though not a shaman) assumed his was a fox.
Despite my love of bears, mine might actually be some sort of bird. That estimation could be wrong, and there's no way for me to find out for sure as of right now. And even then, totem animals aren't entirely static and can change as the person learns and grows, right? I could be wrong, though, for all I know about the subject is what I remember my friend telling me years ago and a few resources that might not be entirely correct.

Offline BennyJackdaw

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Meep!
    • Awards
  • Species: Giant Rat
« Reply #4857 on: March 06, 2016, 11:48:53 PM »
Do you think Nrein would appreciate it if I drew a picture of Dewott? He seems to like Dewott.

Offline Cecilia Peromi

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Squeak!
    • Discord
    • Awards
« Reply #4858 on: March 07, 2016, 12:12:28 AM »
I like Dewott. You should do it. Make it an apology gift.
Oh woof

Offline Silaluk

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • w ▲ n d e r e r
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf (not pure blooded)
  • Coloring: Dark gray and light gray.
  • Height: 2'4"
  • Weight: 114 lbs.
  • Build: Slender but very fluffy. Feral.
  • Currently: Sad.
« Reply #4859 on: March 07, 2016, 01:33:14 AM »
Literally every non-Native American person I've seen who claims they have a certain totem animal, it is ALWAYS wolf. Never anything else. My old friend is part Cherokee and he occasionally ranted about that. If I remember correctly, he said seriously having a wolf totem was uncommon. He was unsure of his at the time, but a relative (though not a shaman) assumed his was a fox. Despite my love of bears, mine might actually be some sort of bird. That estimation could be wrong, and there's no way for me to find out for sure as of right now. And even then, totem animals aren't entirely static and can change as the person learns and grows, right? I could be wrong, though, for all I know about the subject is what I remember my friend telling me years ago and a few resources that might not be entirely correct.

I don't know much about Cherokee, but considering how many animals there are, I think having a wolf WOULD be pretty uncommon.
I believe that in my culture, only a shaman can truly tell what your totem is, but many elders have been able to predict somewhat. I guess it just depends on the tribe.

And even then, totem animals aren't entirely static and can change as the person learns and grows, right? I could be wrong, though, for all I know about the subject is what I remember my friend telling me years ago and a few resources that might not be entirely correct.

In my Eskimo culture, totems are forever, because you get them when you are recognized as an adult, or reach the end of childhood and begin puberty. Like I said, it just depends. We're a dying tribe anyway so not everything is really 100% traditional anymore.

Quote from: Sandor on March 05, 2016, 07:15:04 AM
Quote from: Sandor on March 04, 2016, 10:21:04 AM
Silaluk is too brutal for 90% of this forum.

Actually, make that something like 96%.