Author Topic: Rants: Everyday Venting  (Read 174871 times)

Offline Nrein

• The Master of Speechcraft
  • Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter
  • As the humans say, "The truth will out!"
    • Awards
  • Species: Dewott
  • Currently: Needing a Smoke, hardcore.
Re: Rants: Everyday Venting
« Reply #4860 on: March 07, 2016, 01:40:30 PM »
I can already tell today is going to be a miserable work day x.x Happy Fricken Monday

Offline 138

• ϟ ϟ
  • Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Most Online This user has donated to the forum.
  • You can't get no worse than dead
    • Awards
  • Species: Mustela Erminea
  • Coloring: White with a black tipped tail
  • Build: You can't cuddle a skeleton
« Reply #4861 on: March 07, 2016, 05:59:46 PM »
I've figured out that being an asshole and being ignorant goes hand in hand.

My friend and I arrived at our health class early along with a few lower grade students (they were one grade below us). There was this woman sitting there working on her computer, and she was talking on the phone. She figured out that she had to leave now since the class was going to start soon. When she was packing her things, she started ranting about the program that I'm in along with the other students in there. The program is where you get a HS diploma and a 2 year college degree in 5 years. She said something on the lines of, "There's this faggot ass program where these sheltered mamma boys and girls are in where they need a safe place." She then went on to say, "When I was 18, I was in the Marines not this shit." (please note this isn't word for word). This whole thing kinda pissed me off. Like, I'm so sorry that we chose a different path than you. I wanted to ask her why she was in community college since she thought it was this faggot ass place for sheltered children. Apparently her Marine service didn't do much good, did it? 

This story also brings up other another issue I have: people using their military service (or police service) to push people around. I've seen this numerous times, and a lot of people I know don't mind it. They sometimes take part in it, or defend someone who does do it. Just becasue you decided to join the military, doesn't mean you deserve ultimate respect or automatic respect. If you think that, you can piss off. This is why I don't have much respect for military (or police) because they use that as a crutch or a something to push people around. Of course not all are like that, but a lot of the ones I've seen, are.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 06:02:14 PM by 138 »

Offline HyenaKing

• rock out with your cute out
  • Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Most Online
  • shut up, you're a dream
    • Awards
  • Species: what u think
  • Coloring: whiteish
  • Height: 5'9"
  • Build: sheesh
  • Currently: writing.
« Reply #4862 on: March 08, 2016, 01:02:23 AM »
Well, ouch. I understand that.

OT!
I hate people that are full of themselves. Good thing it never lasts long.
I'm frustrated at the amount of people who steal art and claim it as their own, it's disgusting how often i've seen it. Not even credit, but giving credit to yourself some people come to..? What the hell.
Also, my sister. She's so passive agressive. I mean, I pay attention and take care of my pets. And then she comes over, and she talks to them face to face to them while petting them or whatever, literally saying things like "Oh, your owners been neglecting youuuu!" Or some shit. Excuse me? I'm not the one who's livingspace looks like a pigsty most of the time.

wired as right now

Offline Cecilia Peromi

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Squeak!
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Mouse
  • Coloring: Purple and white
  • Height: 5 foot 4
  • Weight: 170 lbs
  • Build: Slim
« Reply #4863 on: March 08, 2016, 01:25:32 AM »
I love all my kitties and doggies.
Oh woof

Offline Styxx Von Doom

• Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Anubian (closed species)
  • Coloring: black/gold/red
  • Currently: Kal kek m'al shol'va!
« Reply #4864 on: March 08, 2016, 01:39:56 AM »
I've figured out that being an asshole and being ignorant goes hand in hand.

My friend and I arrived at our health class early along with a few lower grade students (they were one grade below us). There was this woman sitting there working on her computer, and she was talking on the phone. She figured out that she had to leave now since the class was going to start soon. When she was packing her things, she started ranting about the program that I'm in along with the other students in there. The program is where you get a HS diploma and a 2 year college degree in 5 years. She said something on the lines of, "There's this faggot ass program where these sheltered mamma boys and girls are in where they need a safe place." She then went on to say, "When I was 18, I was in the Marines not this shit." (please note this isn't word for word). This whole thing kinda pissed me off. Like, I'm so sorry that we chose a different path than you. I wanted to ask her why she was in community college since she thought it was this faggot ass place for sheltered children. Apparently her Marine service didn't do much good, did it? 

This story also brings up other another issue I have: people using their military service (or police service) to push people around. I've seen this numerous times, and a lot of people I know don't mind it. They sometimes take part in it, or defend someone who does do it. Just becasue you decided to join the military, doesn't mean you deserve ultimate respect or automatic respect. If you think that, you can piss off. This is why I don't have much respect for military (or police) because they use that as a crutch or a something to push people around. Of course not all are like that, but a lot of the ones I've seen, are.

You should see how quickly they back down when you stare at them with the stare and tell them that you have murdered as well. These **censor** idiots can't even fathom that they signed up to kill yet they act to godly and holier than thou. **censor** them, the only reason I never joined is because I would be too good at murder as its never bothered me either...

Ot

Who and why the hell thought it was a good idea to hire **censor** morons to work on cars?! What the hell happened that you can not even have the simplest of intelligence to turn a wrentch... Yet alone put a **censor** oil cap on a car?! You try to push me under the bus like that again you ignorant peon ill bury you!
Mak tal shree! Lok tak. Mekta satak Styxx! Mok tal Styxx kree!
(I am the great and powerful Styxx)

"I wade through the fields of punishment; the wretched faces of the damned reflect in the shadows of the folds, as if their very souls were stitched within the fabric of my black robes. Though I come from darkness, and the riches beneath the world are mine to bestow, I still begin my day with the splendor of this little… roasted… bean."

Lord Frosty Butt

:^3

Offline Silaluk

• Foxy Fox
  • w ▲ n d e r e r
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf (not pure blooded)
  • Coloring: Dark gray and light gray.
  • Height: 2'4"
  • Weight: 114 lbs.
  • Build: Slender but very fluffy. Feral.
  • Currently: Sad.
« Reply #4865 on: March 08, 2016, 01:42:09 AM »
Tiny rant, but I get annoyed when people think my sheltie is an aussie because of her markings.

She's white and orange like one, with the gray and black spotted back, but their builds are totally different.

Quote from: Sandor on March 05, 2016, 07:15:04 AM
Quote from: Sandor on March 04, 2016, 10:21:04 AM
Silaluk is too brutal for 90% of this forum.

Actually, make that something like 96%.

Offline Nazieri

• Avid Aardvark
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Lemur/Elk/Fox
  • Coloring: Black, Turquoise, Lime/Shamrock green, blue violet and sand brown
  • Height: 5'4"
  • Weight: 130 lbs
  • Build: slight muscle build
  • Currently: Calm
« Reply #4866 on: March 11, 2016, 04:39:33 AM »
Just saw a report from a news channel on the Syrian refugees meeting Furries at a hotel during VancouFur. All was great until the reporter said that the Syrian refugees where told to stay away from the Furries because they where dangerous.. But yet, the ones in the video where entertaining kids and dancing with them. Yeah, seems REAL threatening.
I like cold spaghetti

Offline Wolxikin

• Gregarious Gnu
  • (⚆ ͜ʖ ⚆)
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolx
  • Coloring: Blue/white
  • Height: 5 foot something
  • Weight: Don't be so judgemental!
  • Build: Average, anthro
  • Currently: well then
« Reply #4867 on: March 11, 2016, 01:07:13 PM »
My supposed "best friend" decided to take a beach vacation to Honduras and have fun in the sun while spamming me with snapchats and texts bragging about it while I'm going through a... Traumatic life experience... and he knows that

And before you say "oh, but you can't be mad at him for going on vacation" yeah well, he's being a total d1ck about it towards me so yes I can
« Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 01:09:42 PM by Wolx ♪~ ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ »
Is it a wolf? Is it a fox? No, it's Wolx!

Tell a man there are 300,000,000 stars in the universe, he'll believe you. Tell a man the benches paint is wet, he'd have to touch it to be sure

[img width

Offline HyenaKing

• rock out with your cute out
  • Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Most Online
  • shut up, you're a dream
    • Awards
  • Species: what u think
  • Coloring: whiteish
  • Height: 5'9"
  • Build: sheesh
  • Currently: writing.
« Reply #4868 on: March 11, 2016, 01:16:41 PM »
Me and my mother are at our end of our wits, trying to keep this family together when it's being torn apart by the other two family members when we try to help. My mother's heartbroken, I'm scared.
wired as right now

Offline PEFA Harker

• Avid Aardvark
  • Featherhead Falcon with Far-Fetched Failures
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Peregrine Falcon
  • Coloring: Dark blue & white
  • Height: 37cm
  • Weight: about 550g, fluctuates
  • Build: Feral, smallish
  • Currently: Crashed into a window
« Reply #4869 on: March 11, 2016, 02:18:35 PM »
Internet anti-china flame wars are escalating.
I know our govt. is doing uncanny things in South China Sea, but actually we Chinese people hated it when our country goes all warmongering but we can NOT do anything about it, we are just like you all, we want a peaceful world.
Please PLEASE stop using these 19th-century-esque stereotypes on us and blaming ALL the Chinese people as liers, landthiefs and savages, it's not our fault but these upper elites' and corporations'.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 04:14:30 PM by PEFA Harker »

Offline BennyJackdaw

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Meep!
    • Awards
  • Species: Giant Rat
« Reply #4870 on: March 11, 2016, 03:30:35 PM »
Me and my mother are at our end of our wits, trying to keep this family together when it's being torn apart by the other two family members when we try to help. My mother's heartbroken, I'm scared.

Dang, that sucks. I wish there was something I could do to help you guys.

I know our govt. is doing uncanny things in South China Sea, but actually we Chinese people hated it when our country goes all warmongering but we can NOT do anything about it, we are just like you all, we want a peaceful world.
Please PLEASE stop using these 18th-century-esque stereotypes on us and blaming ALL the Chinese people as liers, landthiefs and savages, it's not our fault but these upper elites' and corporations'.

Stereotypes suck, don't they?

Anyway, concerning the last thing I said in the "Furry Hate" topic. I mentioned how annoyed I was by people always saying "furries ruined this/bronies ruined that/Sonic fans ruined this/Wolfaboos ruined that/Foxaboos ruined this/Vegans ruined that/Misanthropes ruined this/etc." It's ALWAYS the animal lover that ruins things, yet this coupled with other things ruined a lot of things for me too, and it wasn't any of the things I mentioned that ruined them either.
Spoiler for Hidden:

Honestly, I used to love playing Smash Brothers 4 on my 3DS, but now I want nothing to do with the game because of Sheik Fanboys, Zero Suit Samus Fanboys, Tourney snobs, Corrin and Bayonetta. Sheik/Zero Suit Samus fans always laud their characters as oh-so powerful just because they're "fast" and "can combo well." Both characters have ridiculously inaccurate moves, neither have any real reliable kill options, and they're both fairly light and easy to kill, yet people wiil NOT shut up about how these two are the ABSOLUTE best characters in the game as if it's a FACT and not an opinion. Tourney Snobs are annoying too because they seem to think you absolutely need to play in tourneys in order to be good, and that everyone who plays For Glory sucks.

But Corrin and Bayonetta were the final nail in the coffin for me. We had already gotten Ryu, Roy Eliwood and Cloud Strife as playable characters. WE DID NOT NEED TWO MORE OVERLY-SERIOUS AND EDGY HUMAN CHARACTERS FOR DLC TO ROUND OUT THE THREE AND ONE NON_HUMAN AND ONE CARTOON HUMAN WE GOT! First off, they're both from EXCRUCIATINGLY overrated games that, in all honesty, are no where near as fun or likable as people make them out to be. Second, Fire Emblem already had FIVE OTHER REPS from games that actually existed at the time. Yeah, Pokemon has six reps too, but Pokemon actually deserves its popularity IMO. Fire Emblem is such a shallow, boring and emotionless franchise that, to be honest, it boggles my mind that it's so popular. And then we have people telling me "Oh, can't you just be happy for those who wanted them?" Considering the majority of those that wanted them are cocky humanaboos who ONLY play games that tell them how holy their species is and feel the need to rub the very fact that K. Rool and Wolf didn't get in into the wounds of those that desperately wanted two, much more diverse characters to get in the game instead of TWO MORE EDGY COPY-PASTED HUMAN CHARACTERS, no, I really can't.

And before anyone says "There's more non-humans than edgy/serious human characters in Smash 4," there isn't in other video games. Video games with characters like Corrin and Bayonetta over-saturate the market, and games with more whimsical characters are less common, especially on Sony and Microsoft Consoles where they're barely existent. This may be why I like Nintendo consoles so much: they are basically the last holdout for whimsical games and games that don't star humans. The fact they added Corrin and Bayonetta felt like a betrayal to this fact.

And I know what people are thinking. "It's done and over with/they're optional characters," but it STILL pisses me off, and it probably always will. Also, yes, they ARE optional, but IMO the fact they exist in the game at all, optional or not, is enough for me to want to sell my copy.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 03:36:01 PM by BennyBunnycorn »

Offline Cecilia Peromi

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Squeak!
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Mouse
  • Coloring: Purple and white
  • Height: 5 foot 4
  • Weight: 170 lbs
  • Build: Slim
« Reply #4871 on: March 11, 2016, 04:00:14 PM »
.....If my 3ds wasn't busted (and if I actually did this sort of thing) I would buy that copy.

I get your point though. Video games, movies, books, tv shows, they could all use more furries.
Oh woof

Offline Angder

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter
  • WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Dark Blue with white fur around The palms of the Paws
  • Build: Anthro.
« Reply #4872 on: March 11, 2016, 04:26:29 PM »

Dang, that sucks. I wish there was something I could do to help you guys.

Please PLEASE stop using these 18th-century-esque stereotypes on us and blaming ALL the Chinese people as liers, landthiefs and savages, it's not our fault but these upper elites' and corporations'.

Stereotypes suck, don't they?

Anyway, concerning the last thing I said in the "Furry Hate" topic. I mentioned how annoyed I was by people always saying "furries ruined this/bronies ruined that/Sonic fans ruined this/Wolfaboos ruined that/Foxaboos ruined this/Vegans ruined that/Misanthropes ruined this/etc." It's ALWAYS the animal lover that ruins things, yet this coupled with other things ruined a lot of things for me too, and it wasn't any of the things I mentioned that ruined them either.
Spoiler for Hidden:

Honestly, I used to love playing Smash Brothers 4 on my 3DS, but now I want nothing to do with the game because of Sheik Fanboys, Zero Suit Samus Fanboys, Tourney snobs, Corrin and Bayonetta. Sheik/Zero Suit Samus fans always laud their characters as oh-so powerful just because they're "fast" and "can combo well." Both characters have ridiculously inaccurate moves, neither have any real reliable kill options, and they're both fairly light and easy to kill, yet people wiil NOT shut up about how these two are the ABSOLUTE best characters in the game as if it's a FACT and not an opinion. Tourney Snobs are annoying too because they seem to think you absolutely need to play in tourneys in order to be good, and that everyone who plays For Glory sucks.

But Corrin and Bayonetta were the final nail in the coffin for me. We had already gotten Ryu, Roy Eliwood and Cloud Strife as playable characters. WE DID NOT NEED TWO MORE OVERLY-SERIOUS AND EDGY HUMAN CHARACTERS FOR DLC TO ROUND OUT THE THREE AND ONE NON_HUMAN AND ONE CARTOON HUMAN WE GOT! First off, they're both from EXCRUCIATINGLY overrated games that, in all honesty, are no where near as fun or likable as people make them out to be. Second, Fire Emblem already had FIVE OTHER REPS from games that actually existed at the time. Yeah, Pokemon has six reps too, but Pokemon actually deserves its popularity IMO. Fire Emblem is such a shallow, boring and emotionless franchise that, to be honest, it boggles my mind that it's so popular. And then we have people telling me "Oh, can't you just be happy for those who wanted them?" Considering the majority of those that wanted them are cocky humanaboos who ONLY play games that tell them how holy their species is and feel the need to rub the very fact that K. Rool and Wolf didn't get in into the wounds of those that desperately wanted two, much more diverse characters to get in the game instead of TWO MORE EDGY COPY-PASTED HUMAN CHARACTERS, no, I really can't.

And before anyone says "There's more non-humans than edgy/serious human characters in Smash 4," there isn't in other video games. Video games with characters like Corrin and Bayonetta over-saturate the market, and games with more whimsical characters are less common, especially on Sony and Microsoft Consoles where they're barely existent. This may be why I like Nintendo consoles so much: they are basically the last holdout for whimsical games and games that don't star humans. The fact they added Corrin and Bayonetta felt like a betrayal to this fact.

And I know what people are thinking. "It's done and over with/they're optional characters," but it STILL pisses me off, and it probably always will. Also, yes, they ARE optional, but IMO the fact they exist in the game at all, optional or not, is enough for me to want to sell my copy.

In any game which is remotely competitive you should just junk the online community and play with friends, and ignore them entirely. The more competitive the game, the more important this becomes. 99% of competitive communities that are larger than 100 people are also hugely toxic and hateful. As for the characters, no comment, I don't play Nintendo.
  • Avatar by: A friend of mine IRL.
Angders weapons: Blizz - Burning Frost
Retired weapons: Blizz Tempest

All weapons were drawn by Zarc.

Please note that I have very little free time on Fridays.

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
    • Awards
« Reply #4873 on: March 11, 2016, 11:07:10 PM »
It's not the animal lover part that people find irritating, it's the annoying and obsessive behavior a good number of those people have.
I feel it's unfair to judge people purely because of those interests, but the "ruin everything" stereotype has nothing to do with the animal part. Just don't act like an annoying little kid, and people will be fine with you. If they still hate on you for those interests, that's their problem, not yours.

On-Topic: I feel isolated in my room today. I want to go out but at the same time I'm not in the mood to deal with what's outside.

Offline SadDubwool

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
  • Long time member guy, Never here.
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Lop Rabbit
  • Coloring: Dark brown fur with light brown splotches
  • Height: Height:5'7
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: We'll have ourselves a ball
« Reply #4874 on: March 13, 2016, 05:52:44 AM »
I Am split if i should stay here or not,

I'm not sure anyone will care, and that It doesn't matter if i'm here or not since..well nothing will change

And i'm also not sure if anyone will miss me though
Thoughts are like arrows: once released, they strike their mark, guard them well or one day you may be your own victim.