The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Rants: Everyday Venting  (Read 171372 times)

Offline Cheza

• Förseningschef
  • Global Moderator
  • Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 10 Most Online This user has donated to the forum. This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Mostly harmless.
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Woof.
  • Coloring: Brown.
  • Height: 165 cm.
  • Weight: 50 kg.
  • Build: Average.
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Gnawing on all the table legs!
Re: Rants: Everyday Venting
« Reply #4230 on: December 02, 2015, 02:25:40 PM »
Nah, usually these quitters have 9001 important things to do when I ask them if I can come over. Like sitting at home playing the latest big thing on Steam all day.

I guess it's my own fault for putting off doing things when expecting visitors. It's just that I really hate having to leave things like cleaning or laundry in the middle. Or that cooking and/or bathing when they appeared would lead to a rather awkward visit.

I'm kinda convinced that if I tried to do anything productive and/or hugely effort-requiring while waiting for someone, they'd show up right as I'm really getting inspired and into whatever it is I decided to try and get done tho.
Because that's just how the world works.

Offline Grey

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Most Online
  • Imma wolfcoon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: A wolfcoon!
  • Coloring: Mostly grey, with varying shades
  • Height: 5ft, 3in
  • Weight: 7st
  • Build: Slim, short, fluffy
  • Currently: Relieved and happy!
« Reply #4231 on: December 02, 2015, 06:29:21 PM »
Control.

It's all Dad want's. He'll do anything to have control over everything he can. He doesn't give two shits whether or not his obsessive behaviour is tearing this family apart, and ruining David's relationship with his girlfriend.

Whenever someone dares to challenge him and to back the hell off for once, he'll go into a rage and accuse everyone of knowing nothing, and that everything will fall apart with him. Amazing that he doesn't realise the irony in that.

Poor Mum is losing her one chance at her psychology qualification for her dream job, David's friendships are being destroyed (alongside his relationship) and Chris is struggling to deal with the stress all because Dad can't come to the realisation that he is not the perfect being he seems to think he is. He's an arrogant prick.
People make omellettes with butter? Ew!

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Poster
  • Arcane Terrain
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Foxaroo!
  • Coloring: white and orange
  • Height: 5'11''
  • Weight: 145
  • Build: skinny with little fat and muscle
  • Currently: Nothing lasts, but nothing is lost!
« Reply #4232 on: December 02, 2015, 07:10:03 PM »
mom called me a pig
I'm a foxaroo but ok i guess my fursona is now a pig
If you want beef then bring the ruckus

Offline Cecilia Peromi

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Squeak!
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Mouse
  • Coloring: Purple and white
  • Height: 5 foot 4
  • Weight: 170 lbs
  • Build: Slim
« Reply #4233 on: December 02, 2015, 09:54:37 PM »
Was she insulting your furryness?
Oh woof

Offline Silentium Potens

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Awards
  • Currently: Poking around.
« Reply #4234 on: December 02, 2015, 11:06:10 PM »
Control.

It's all Dad want's. He'll do anything to have control over everything he can. He doesn't give two shits whether or not his obsessive behaviour is tearing this family apart, and ruining David's relationship with his girlfriend.

Whenever someone dares to challenge him and to back the hell off for once, he'll go into a rage and accuse everyone of knowing nothing, and that everything will fall apart with him. Amazing that he doesn't realise the irony in that.

Poor Mum is losing her one chance at her psychology qualification for her dream job, David's friendships are being destroyed (alongside his relationship) and Chris is struggling to deal with the stress all because Dad can't come to the realisation that he is not the perfect being he seems to think he is. He's an arrogant prick.

I can't say I've had it that bad, but my dad has been quite the controlling asshole.  Especially when he starts ripping you a new one because you have a speech problem, or because you're a socialite.  He's improved over time, but he's still problematic.  Me mum and dad divorced, so thankfully I didn't have to live with him.  All I can say is stick it out, and hopefully you can get a decent amount of independence soon.

Offline Nrein

• The Master of Speechcraft
  • Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
  • As the humans say, "The truth will out!"
    • Awards
  • Species: Dewott
  • Currently: Needing a Smoke, hardcore.
« Reply #4235 on: December 03, 2015, 05:52:24 PM »
My biggest workplace pet peeve is taking the blame for a mistake that I didn't make. Especially when it can get me in huge trouble with the state.

Offline Sylvie

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • WUN WUUH WUB WOOOH
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Pokemon
« Reply #4236 on: December 03, 2015, 06:42:41 PM »
These student protests are making me rather furious. A bunch of greedy, egregious people labeling people and inspiring racial hatred all in the name of trying to promote 'diversity.'

You know what would promote diversity? Letting people be who they are without making them feel like a bunch of assholes for their race, heritage or courses of study. Without imposing demands for what they want and allowing students to choose for themselves. The vast majority of their claims against these schools are strawmen laced with greed and narcissism.

They sit in their lush and lavish colleges and are receiving a formal post-secondary education, and I sit here unemployed and struggling to get into a formal college due to lack of credit and expenses. I must be so **censor** privileged to be a white guy with how easy my life is and all the lack of adversity I've faced in my life. Nobody is sparking racism and sexism and whatever other **censor** ism you can name but these people. I don't have to apologize for something I have never done, so neither should anyone who was negatively affected by these superfluous rallies.

Of course, only hypocrites prosper in this turbulent tempest of tripe. What a bunch of children. I don't know who's worse, them, or the people who have spent the past week rioting and blocking off public roadways just to harass police officers.

It's like I've said before, this is the world of revenge and nobody has any eyes left to see the issues it's causing.

I feel the same way, Nick.
I'm so glad I don't live in the US or another country with people still focused on any kind of racial tension. There are so many problems we could be solving were it not for the whole racial divide that exists.
I'm not saying it's perfect here; but it's better than in the US.

Also, my rant for the day is that schoolkids are meanies.
Sylveon Approved

Offline Grovygrunge

• Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online
  • I am just some guy. That's 'bout it
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: White and blue
  • Height: 5'10
  • Currently: Being current.
« Reply #4237 on: December 03, 2015, 06:49:14 PM »
My biggest workplace pet peeve is taking the blame for a mistake that I didn't make. Especially when it can get me in huge trouble with the state.
Gotta ask what kind of simple mistake gets you into THAT much trouble.

Offline Nrein

• Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
    • Awards
« Reply #4238 on: December 03, 2015, 07:21:20 PM »
Gotta ask what kind of simple mistake gets you into THAT much trouble.

For one, it wasn't simple. It involved both sanitation and health regulations being broken, which in the school  district is a big violation with the state.  Like, lose my job violation.

All for something that happenned when I wasn't even there, and it was someone else's responsibility.

Offline kalan

• The immortal half blood
  • Velvety Vole
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Awards
  • Species: Welf
  • Coloring: Blue and silver with a small light blue crescent scar under his left eyes from a magic attack
  • Height: 6' 2"
  • Weight: 189 lbs
  • Build: Tall and muscular with the strength and speed of an elf
  • Currently: Slowly coming back
« Reply #4239 on: December 03, 2015, 07:24:22 PM »
Thats kinda **censor** up. But if you werent there no problem
^Is my bust fren

Spoiler for Hidden:
That made me feel so good. Oh my gosh. Thank you man and same to you  [hugs tight]

I'm the same without Makias and Kalan!
both are loved and fun to be around

"Atleast your stomach will stop your tears from hitting the ground" ~Tim (138)

Offline Nrein

• Influential Ibex
    • Awards
« Reply #4240 on: December 03, 2015, 07:25:51 PM »
Thats kinda **censor** up. But if you werent there no problem

Except there are people who believed I was there, and already spread it around that I was.

The *only* positive side is that my boss knows the truth, and when she gets back Monday she can clear it up.

Offline kalan

• Velvety Vole
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Blue and silver with a small light blue crescent scar under his left eyes from a magic attack
« Reply #4241 on: December 03, 2015, 07:28:52 PM »
You werent there as in not working or what
^Is my bust fren

Spoiler for Hidden:
That made me feel so good. Oh my gosh. Thank you man and same to you  [hugs tight]

Offline Nrein

• Influential Ibex
    • Awards
« Reply #4242 on: December 03, 2015, 07:37:32 PM »

I wasn't there like, literally  in another part of the building doing a completely different job unrelated to this one.

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Poster
  • Arcane Terrain
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Foxaroo!
  • Coloring: white and orange
  • Height: 5'11''
  • Weight: 145
  • Build: skinny with little fat and muscle
  • Currently: Nothing lasts, but nothing is lost!
« Reply #4243 on: December 03, 2015, 08:24:19 PM »
I hate being dumb. I can't think about naything without getting a headache and everyone else can think circles around me. I'm a genetic abomination that was never meant to live
If you want beef then bring the ruckus

Offline kalan

• Velvety Vole
    • Awards
« Reply #4244 on: December 03, 2015, 08:42:21 PM »

I wasn't there like, literally  in another part of the building doing a completely different job unrelated to this one.

Im guessing there was cameras and witnesses and things
^Is my bust fren

Spoiler for Hidden: