The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Rants: Everyday Venting  (Read 171291 times)

Offline Keinai

• Dancing Dragon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Woof.
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf (not pure-blooded)
  • Coloring: Pure white, with a gray tail tip. One yellow and one blue eye.
  • Height: 5'7 in anthro form
  • Weight: A healthy 107 lbs.
  • Build: Slender, but muscular. Defining feminine features but not over-the-top.
  • Currently: Feeling a lot better. ^-^
Re: Rants: Everyday Venting
« Reply #4035 on: October 28, 2015, 11:43:18 PM »
I hate living in a small town.

It's not even a town... just a small rural community. Luckily Myrtle Creek is only about 30 minutes away, and they're a lot more urban.

But hipsters keep calling small towns 'quaint' and it's so annoying--I feel like I can't escape here.

There is not much else to do besides go to the neighboring city, or take a hike. There's a library and a museum, but basically if you're my age you have two options--go outside all of the time or be a hermit in front of your screen. I prefer the former.

Shame never dies in a small area, especially a predominantly white Christian one. Full of old people. So if anyone found out I was a furry, agnostic, or identified as asexual... shit.

Offline Alistair

• Resident pink saber
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Top 10 Topic Starter
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Smilodon Populator
  • Coloring: Strawberry, cream, and black
  • Height: 7'2"
  • Weight: 350lb
  • Build: Stocky
  • Currently: Fortnite dancing into the inevitable future
« Reply #4036 on: October 29, 2015, 01:34:47 AM »
Had to be on my feet for at least an hour or two today  @.@  It wasn't so pleasant when I got home and the blood in my foot had spread.
Royal Saber floof mane the first

Sir Sabering the first

Offline Dubaku

• Handsome Horse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online
  • Arrogant and proud
    • Awards
  • Species: African Wild Dog
  • Height: 6'2"
« Reply #4037 on: October 29, 2015, 04:38:29 AM »
ISIS. Not as relevant today as when their presence was first made a couple years ago. They post executions online and have continued doing so for the past couple of years. I, for one, think it's pointless to try and kill off as many as we can in a futile attempt to eliminate them. Let it be known I'm not involved with ISIS in any way, I just think this ideal of "If we kill off all their numbers, ISIS will no longer be a problem" is ridiculous, and I'm ultimately losing faith in my country. Yes, our military, as well as that of other countries have put forth a valiant effort to eliminate ISIS, and that CLEARLY stopped them, right? I can at least give them points for trying.
And your problem is mine how?...

Offline 138

• ϟ ϟ
  • Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Poster
  • You can't get no worse than dead
    • Awards
  • Species: Mustela Erminea
  • Coloring: White with a black tipped tail
  • Build: You can't cuddle a skeleton
« Reply #4038 on: October 29, 2015, 06:33:01 PM »
ISIS. Not as relevant today as when their presence was first made a couple years ago. They post executions online and have continued doing so for the past couple of years. I, for one, think it's pointless to try and kill off as many as we can in a futile attempt to eliminate them. Let it be known I'm not involved with ISIS in any way, I just think this ideal of "If we kill off all their numbers, ISIS will no longer be a problem" is ridiculous, and I'm ultimately losing faith in my country. Yes, our military, as well as that of other countries have put forth a valiant effort to eliminate ISIS, and that CLEARLY stopped them, right? I can at least give them points for trying.

So you would rather let ISIS rampage through the Middle East? That doesn't make any sense to be honest with you. Beside the US isn't doing anything to eliminate ISIS. That's why Russia had to step in. They don't want ISIS to come up any farther north.

Offline Grovygrunge

• Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online
  • I am just some guy. That's 'bout it
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: White and blue
  • Height: 5'10
  • Currently: Being current.
« Reply #4039 on: October 29, 2015, 07:24:26 PM »
Gonna be honest, as a Brit, I have no idea why the **censor** ISIS is our problem. Is it because America roped us into the middle eastern wars? Is it because we have some sort of ulterior motive for wanting to stop them? Maybe who knows. Is it out of the kindness of our hearts and a want to help our fellow man? Almost absolutely not.

Seriously though, someone explain to me, someone who doesn't keep up with the news, why the hell this is our problem to deal with, please.

Offline 138

• ϟ ϟ
  • Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #4040 on: October 29, 2015, 07:28:12 PM »
I know what you mean, Grovy. I get tired of people here (US) saying that we have to intervene on every issue, ever. I say just let them kill each other. Let other countries deal with it. I don't know really. I think people just get tired of it to be honest.

Offline Traum

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Awards
  • Currently: Tickle me!
« Reply #4041 on: October 29, 2015, 08:40:24 PM »
I don't know what exactly  is going in the middle east right now, but the fact is USA loves to fight proxy wars

Offline Dubaku

• Handsome Horse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online
  • Arrogant and proud
    • Awards
« Reply #4042 on: October 29, 2015, 08:45:08 PM »
Yea, we basically threw OG Washington's final message out the window. If an organization ain't doing much damage to our country, why should it be our problem?

Offline 138

• ϟ ϟ
  • Quizzical Quail
    • Awards
« Reply #4043 on: October 29, 2015, 08:47:28 PM »
Yea, we basically threw OG Washington's final message out the window. If an organization ain't doing much damage to our country, why should it be our problem?

That's very true. That's what people don't understand in the US. We have our own problems to worry about.

Offline Dubaku

• Handsome Horse
  • Arrogant and proud
    • Awards
« Reply #4044 on: October 29, 2015, 08:51:59 PM »
Yea, let's stop worrying about the war on drugs, just let the stuff flow in. If people are happy and making money, why stop them?

Offline Traum

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Awards
  • Currently: Tickle me!
« Reply #4045 on: October 29, 2015, 08:56:04 PM »
Maybe the government is profiting from it. There are so many theories floating around these issues, it's hard to tell which one is the closest to the truth, but that's definitely not the official one

Offline 138

• ϟ ϟ
  • Quizzical Quail
    • Awards
« Reply #4046 on: October 29, 2015, 09:00:24 PM »
Maybe we should make a separate thread for this subject. It might piss the moderators off. Just saying.

Offline Aconitum

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
  • Zim Zam Zaroo~
    • Awards
« Reply #4047 on: October 29, 2015, 09:02:41 PM »
Agreed.

OT: I've gotten sick yet again and have to stand out in the freezing cold to hand candy to little shits dressed like goblins and ghouls

Offline 138

• ϟ ϟ
  • Quizzical Quail
    • Awards
« Reply #4048 on: October 29, 2015, 09:06:06 PM »
Speaking of Halloween. Last night some of my co-workers got into an argument about the meaning of Halloween. One claimed that it was just for fun, and the other claimed it was evil and the devil. His justification was that people usually dress up like, well, evil stuff. You know, goblins, ghouls, ghost, demons, horror movie characters, etc. I don't celebrate Halloween, so I really don't care one way or another.

Offline Dubaku

• Handsome Horse
  • Arrogant and proud
    • Awards
« Reply #4049 on: October 29, 2015, 09:06:26 PM »
Yo, Acon. Hang in there, we rooting for you