The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Rants: Everyday Venting  (Read 171424 times)

Offline Keinai

• Dancing Dragon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Woof.
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf (not pure-blooded)
  • Coloring: Pure white, with a gray tail tip. One yellow and one blue eye.
  • Height: 5'7 in anthro form
  • Weight: A healthy 107 lbs.
  • Build: Slender, but muscular. Defining feminine features but not over-the-top.
  • Currently: Feeling a lot better. ^-^
Re: Rants: Everyday Venting
« Reply #3870 on: October 15, 2015, 11:34:29 PM »
No one will listen to me without visible proof, like if I had a bruise on my face. But even then, they probably won't help me because they didn't see the act. I get very anxious around adults so I don't think they will take me seriously if I stammer and stumble over English words.

Offline Cecilia Peromi

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster
  • Squeak!
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Mouse
  • Coloring: Purple and white
  • Height: 5 foot 4
  • Weight: 170 lbs
  • Build: Slim
« Reply #3871 on: October 15, 2015, 11:39:40 PM »
If you seriously have no where else to turn, and your stepmother is physically abusive, there are hotlines for reporting these kind of things to the police. However I only reccomend this if you feel like your life is threatened.
Oh woof

Offline Keinai

• Dancing Dragon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Woof.
    • Awards
  • Build: Slender, but muscular. Defining feminine features but not over-the-top.
« Reply #3872 on: October 15, 2015, 11:42:17 PM »
No, I don't feel physically in danger. Just on-edge.

I'm probably making it sound a lot worse than it actually is. She usually ignores me until she checks my grades or if I trip, or if I ask her if I can do/have something.

Offline Farewell

• Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Poster Top 10 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #3873 on: October 16, 2015, 12:53:25 AM »
I'm absolutely stupid I fail at everything. I try and fail, get up and fail. Honestly it's sad I wake up in the morning telling myself I'm a nobody that won't have a future. I honestly don't know why I'm around anymore I have no purpose. All I get is F's in class trying to make up (like that's going to work) and outside of school I'm a nobody... deep down I hate myself, I'm not going to make it far

Offline Cecilia Peromi

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster
  • Squeak!
    • Discord
    • Awards
« Reply #3874 on: October 16, 2015, 12:58:50 AM »
You don't fail at everything Zaida. You did good on Armonia's drawing. And all those other drawings I saw you do.
Oh woof

Offline Keinai

• Dancing Dragon
  • Woof.
    • Awards
« Reply #3875 on: October 16, 2015, 01:00:15 AM »
I hate seeing people getting dissed or shot down in boards like these.

Don't complain about what that person is ranting about, since it is affecting THEM and they are ranting about what is in THEIR life or how THEY feel. Not every single topic deserves a pretentious remark. RANTING AND ADVICE is exactly what this board is for, not heated discussions.

Offline Aconitum

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
  • Zim Zam Zaroo~
    • Awards
« Reply #3876 on: October 16, 2015, 01:01:58 AM »
^^ I think I like this chick.

Offline Cecilia Peromi

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Squeak!
    • Discord
    • Awards
« Reply #3877 on: October 16, 2015, 01:08:26 AM »
I just try to help people on this thread. When I need help, the people here offer their advice.

That's what I love about TFF!!!
Oh woof

Offline Keinai

• Dancing Dragon
  • Woof.
    • Awards
« Reply #3878 on: October 16, 2015, 01:08:57 AM »
That made me smile, Ms. Lovien. ^^

Oh, it was B schedule today (shorter classes, extra period) and my extra class is in the band room so I can practice my scales and concert music.

I usually practice in the percussion storage room because it's carpeted and usually quiet, a couple of other people share it with me but we're all quiet pretty much and we sometimes play music together.

But Tuesday and today a bunch of guys who weren't even in band or music decided to talk and yell WHILE I'M TRYING TO **censor** PRACTICE.

My music stand was knocked over TWICE and no one bothered to say 'sorry' or help me pick up my music. They literally ignored me.

The next time it happened I threatened to empty my spit valve on their shoe or flick the spit out of the slide on them.
They didn't listen, and I eventually moved to practice with the tubas across the hall.

I play French Horn by the way. First chair.

Offline Nrein

• The Master of Speechcraft
  • Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • As the humans say, "The truth will out!"
    • Awards
  • Species: Dewott
  • Currently: Needing a Smoke, hardcore.
« Reply #3879 on: October 16, 2015, 01:12:25 AM »
I hate seeing people getting dissed or shot down in boards like these.

Don't complain about what that person is ranting about, since it is affecting THEM and they are ranting about what is in THEIR life or how THEY feel. Not every single topic deserves a pretentious remark. RANTING AND ADVICE is exactly what this board is for, not heated discussions.

But sometimes people have to fill their pretentious quota for the day! :D

OT: I honestly can't stand when people sit there and question every decision I make, while saying it's because they're "looking out for" me. I'm sorry but, making me doubt myself isn't what I'd call doing me a favor :V

Offline Cecilia Peromi

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Squeak!
    • Discord
    • Awards
« Reply #3880 on: October 16, 2015, 01:19:30 AM »
Everyone does that to me! They think I'm a complete idiot! I'm not! I'm 18! I can make my own decisions!
Oh woof

Offline Nrein

• Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once.
    • Awards
« Reply #3881 on: October 16, 2015, 01:43:18 AM »
Everyone does that to me! They think I'm a complete idiot! I'm not! I'm 18! I can make my own decisions!

I'd say you're at just about the right age to tell people to screw off for that. I'll admit, I'm one of those people who find it very hard to really respect the words that come out of the mouths of people under 18, but as long as it isn't stupid then :D

Offline George

• The Cyan
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Top 100 Poster
  • "Don't be square, be cube"
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: Baja Blast
  • Height: 6'
  • Weight: Almost 200 lbs
  • Build: A bit soft
« Reply #3882 on: October 16, 2015, 02:04:53 AM »
I'm one of those people who find it very hard to really respect the words that come out of the mouths of people under 18,

lt's a shame age tells you everything you need to know about a person, eh?

Offline Keinai

• Dancing Dragon
  • Woof.
    • Awards
« Reply #3883 on: October 16, 2015, 02:08:00 AM »
I hate it when people are surprised I can fight. I know I'm skinny and I'm a girl, but I have muscles underneath my hoodie.

Honestly I think it's better to have muscle and street smarts than brain power and a 4.9 GPA.

Offline Nrein

• Influential Ibex
    • Awards
« Reply #3884 on: October 16, 2015, 02:16:29 AM »
I'm one of those people who find it very hard to really respect the words that come out of the mouths of people under 18,

lt's a shame age tells you everything you need to know about a person, eh?

It's more like experience and respect. I'm not gonna sit there and deal with a 16 year old who claims they know exactly how someone should act about a situation without any real experience. If you can't even be called an "adult", I can't be expected to treat you like one if you can't act like it or show respect :v

Not to mention, I can't really take someone still in highschool seriously when they seem to feel entitled enough to single out and make comments about an adult who is having problems, as if they would know better.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2015, 02:19:41 AM by Nrein »