The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Rants: Everyday Venting  (Read 175251 times)

Offline Keinai

• Dancing Dragon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Woof.
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf (not pure-blooded)
  • Coloring: Pure white, with a gray tail tip. One yellow and one blue eye.
  • Height: 5'7 in anthro form
  • Weight: A healthy 107 lbs.
  • Build: Slender, but muscular. Defining feminine features but not over-the-top.
  • Currently: Feeling a lot better. ^-^
Re: Rants: Everyday Venting
« Reply #3885 on: October 16, 2015, 02:22:41 AM »
Making comments or suggestions, to me, has nothing to do with age if they are genuinely concerned about the individual in question.

Of course the adult has the right to decide if those comments are appropriate, but there is no wrong in showing concern.

I'm happy my generation is opening up and offering help to anyone. Most of us are self-absorbed little bastards.

Offline Nrein

• The Master of Speechcraft
  • Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
  • As the humans say, "The truth will out!"
    • Awards
  • Species: Dewott
  • Currently: Needing a Smoke, hardcore.
« Reply #3886 on: October 16, 2015, 02:28:18 AM »
Making comments or suggestions, to me, has nothing to do with age if they are genuinely concerned about the individual in question.

Of course the adult has the right to decide if those comments are appropriate, but there is no wrong in showing concern.

I'm happy my generation is opening up and offering help to anyone. Most of us are self-absorbed little bastards.

General concern is one thing, while being a pretentious douche is another.

If you're 12 and actually worried about someones well being, and trying to help them do better? Yeah, that's great!

If you're a Junior and feel the need to essentially belittle someone because of their problems, and act like you know what's best for them? Well, I'm just gonna assume you're some teen that thinks they know everything.

Maybe that makes me some "Self-righteous adult a-hole who has no respect for younger people," but what people don't know is I have a *team* of respectable kids who at least know the difference between trying to do good and sticking more wood in the fire.

Offline Keinai

• Dancing Dragon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Woof.
    • Awards
  • Build: Slender, but muscular. Defining feminine features but not over-the-top.
« Reply #3887 on: October 16, 2015, 02:31:03 AM »
Okay, I see what you're saying now. Sorry, I didn't really understand your statement, but that's my fault.

....Anyone else notice there are a LOT of people obsessed with Japan/anime?

Offline juliet

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Look into buying my commissions.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 5'3''
  • Weight: 165
  • Build: Curvy!
  • Currently: Selling commissions
« Reply #3888 on: October 16, 2015, 02:35:58 AM »
I laid down for a bit and got up only to hear my mom freak the **censor** out because she can't find her pills. So she's insulting me and dragging my **censor** name in the ground because I got sick of her yelling at me because I couldn't find them. Screaming and telling me to do this and then telling me to go the opposite. She screamed and said "I'm DD I can't respond to anyone unless they have a weiner!" So she called me a whore and a piece of shit because I can't find her pills.

<REMOVED>
« Last Edit: October 16, 2015, 12:06:22 PM by anoni, Reason: Sensitive topics like suicide are best suited for professionals, not for TFF members »
  • Signature art by: Also Me xD

Offline Keinai

• Dancing Dragon
  • Woof.
    • Awards
« Reply #3889 on: October 16, 2015, 02:44:44 AM »
I can strongly relate, though my situation isn't exactly like yours, I'm still called names and the like by my stepmom.
I'm bullied for my passion for canines and my connection to the wilderness.
My friends don't get it either, they live in homes with both of their parents and don't try to do more than 'be there'.

They don't try to pry into my emotions out of concern, they just ask 'how are you?' and I say 'I'm not bad' even though they can see the shadows under my eyes and that I never take off my hoodie in public.

Offline juliet

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Look into buying my commissions.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 5'3''
  • Weight: 165
  • Build: Curvy!
  • Currently: Selling commissions
« Reply #3890 on: October 16, 2015, 02:58:41 AM »
Literally I'm just a piece of shit to her no matter what I do.

So I guess I just am. I... I just want her and the rest of my family to love me. I'm just a piece of shit though.
  • Signature art by: Also Me xD

Offline SadDubwool

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
  • Long time member guy, Never here.
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Lop Rabbit
  • Coloring: Dark brown fur with light brown splotches
  • Height: Height:5'7
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: We'll have ourselves a ball
« Reply #3891 on: October 16, 2015, 04:28:47 AM »
God i feel like i want  to help people, i feel like thats the only reason i want to become a psychologist...

i feel like theres to much negativity in this world and that it should be focused on more in the future
Thoughts are like arrows: once released, they strike their mark, guard them well or one day you may be your own victim.

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #3892 on: October 16, 2015, 07:17:29 AM »
The ship is broken and the captains are neglecting it. I and the rest of the crew can't stop it from sinking, so perhaps it's time to jump out.

Offline Cecilia Peromi

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Squeak!
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Mouse
  • Coloring: Purple and white
  • Height: 5 foot 4
  • Weight: 170 lbs
  • Build: Slim
« Reply #3893 on: October 16, 2015, 02:20:12 PM »
Perhaps you'll find a better ship.
Oh woof

Offline Farewell

• Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 10 Most Online Top 100 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #3894 on: October 16, 2015, 02:29:25 PM »
Captains can't leave the sinking ships. They must sink with it

Offline Grovygrunge

• Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter
  • I am just some guy. That's 'bout it
    • Awards
  • Coloring: White and blue
  • Height: 5'10
  • Currently: Being current.
« Reply #3895 on: October 16, 2015, 02:41:25 PM »
I feel these metaphorical captains disagree with you there Zaida. They should hand down responsibility to someone else.

Offline Naval

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online
  • *Sounds of crunching seashells*
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Garthim
  • Coloring: Oynx with shine over the exoskeleton, muddy brown hairs, with royal purple eyes.
  • Height: 6.7ft
  • Weight: 270lbs
  • Build: Bulky and bumpy, with a top heavy build.
  • Currently: Looking for a crystal... maybe one that has a darker color.
« Reply #3896 on: October 16, 2015, 02:46:31 PM »
Makes sense to me, but one thing I never inderstand is how some poeple can just sit their and watch a fight happen, but not do a single thing to stop it.
  • Avatar by: A picture from Google.
You know the greatest thing I can feel, is the feeling that when I have helped someone. That memory and act of kindness helps to mold them into something great. That thought, that feeling can't be beat. - This guy.

Offline kalan

• The immortal half blood
  • Velvety Vole
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Awards
  • Species: Welf
  • Coloring: Blue and silver with a small light blue crescent scar under his left eyes from a magic attack
  • Height: 6' 2"
  • Weight: 189 lbs
  • Build: Tall and muscular with the strength and speed of an elf
  • Currently: Slowly coming back
« Reply #3897 on: October 16, 2015, 03:10:59 PM »
I was always in the fights

Im tired of paying somebody a lot of money to do something they're not doing. Fire them all and find people that can do their jobs for god sakes
^Is my bust fren

Spoiler for Hidden:
That made me feel so good. Oh my gosh. Thank you man and same to you  [hugs tight]

I'm the same without Makias and Kalan!
both are loved and fun to be around

"Atleast your stomach will stop your tears from hitting the ground" ~Tim (138)

Offline Grovygrunge

• Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter
  • I am just some guy. That's 'bout it
    • Awards
  • Coloring: White and blue
  • Height: 5'10
  • Currently: Being current.
« Reply #3898 on: October 16, 2015, 03:16:28 PM »
If you're referring to what we are talking about then the answer is to just not pay.

Offline kalan

• The immortal half blood
  • Velvety Vole
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Awards
  • Species: Welf
  • Coloring: Blue and silver with a small light blue crescent scar under his left eyes from a magic attack
  • Height: 6' 2"
  • Weight: 189 lbs
  • Build: Tall and muscular with the strength and speed of an elf
  • Currently: Slowly coming back
« Reply #3899 on: October 16, 2015, 03:20:42 PM »
No I wasnt, I was referring to me paying somebody $20,000 and not teaching me what im paying them to teach me
^Is my bust fren

Spoiler for Hidden:
That made me feel so good. Oh my gosh. Thank you man and same to you  [hugs tight]

I'm the same without Makias and Kalan!
both are loved and fun to be around

"Atleast your stomach will stop your tears from hitting the ground" ~Tim (138)