The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: End of life.  (Read 47944 times)

Offline Asia Kali Yusufzai

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: Hot Pink
  • Height: 5'9
  • Weight: 9 stone
  • Build: GORGEOUS
  • Reference: [link]
Re: End of life.
« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2009, 02:27:37 AM »
Asia crept up to the crest of a hill nearby, looking across to the mesmerising being. It appeared top heavy, didnt seem to work how it should. Perhaps... he thought, Perhaps this is what the bird portends. He looked to the sky where the silhouette bird hung, still not animate yet clearly had moved, was moving.
"Parents always think kids are wasting their youth, and always have done [so] down through the millennia," says Tom Forsyth of RAD Game Tools. "'That Ug, always holding things. His front paws will develop in funny ways. Why can't he walk on all fours like normal proto-hominids?' And so, whatever the kids spend the most time doing, that's always what parents think is a waste of time, and what is corrupting their lives. It doesn't matter what that is. If all they did was homework, parents would be worrying that their kids aren't becoming well-rounded people. And, in fact, parents do this - enrolling math nerds in karate classes and the like. There is no way to win - parental paranoia ensures that kids are always doing the wrong thing."

Puncia's Foundraising Project

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2009, 04:54:06 PM »
It stopped when the figure turned to it and asked where the figure now was. I guess I stand corrected "I wish I knew myself, but all I can say is that its very quiet, and you are the first thing I came across that could actually talk" It walked up to her, or at least the figure sounded like a female, and held out his hand. "I'm....I guess you can just call me 'It', I really can't remember having a name" Its hand was scaled, but the robe and mask covered all features that could define gender or species.

It was waiting for her to shake Its' hand when another face-less showed up with a claymore in its hands. It took his hand away to brandish Its' staff and conjoured a bubble of colorless energy, which it fired at the face-less. Upon contact, the bubble made a 'pop' that made a giant hole in the face-less' chest. The face-less didn't seem fazed until the next step, which soon the face-less fell flat on its' head and started to fade away. "How do I keep doing that, seriously?!" It said aloud before realizing It was still next to the female. "Um, mind telling me your name, if you can remember that is"
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Xleena

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Credits of this avi to my favoraite artist. :3
    • Awards
  • Species: Lioness
  • Height: 5''6'
  • Weight: 60 pounds
  • Build: slim
« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2009, 05:13:56 PM »
   The guardian continued to grin in a unnerving way. 'Why yes, it does. It tends to mean you are more closer in this world than you think!'
   Confused, Xleena asked 'so what exactly does that mean then?'
The guardian laughed a shrill and weirdly warm laugh 'Wheres the fun in finding out right away!?' He looked down at both of the much smaller figures, and then at the one hiding a short distance away. 'I'm sorry for my excitement, not many spirits have the idea to call me up. I will give you a hint for such a marvelous awakening; If you continue to walk and wish in your hearts to find the mainland-then you will. He looked away, the shattered crystals beginning to form again, and said 'If you ever really need me again, I will come to you. But do not tell anyone of my existence, for they need to find me themselves...goodbye!' And with that the rest of the crystals formed again and the form shot back into the ground, without a trace of ever being there in the first place.
   Xleena stood there stunned, what was this feeling of belonging she had, by talking to that thing?
Wherever the wind blows, you will hear my voice whisper in your ear.

http://comics.thefurryforum.com/xleena/ Check out my webcomic and subscribe! (website made by Tweak!)

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2009, 05:26:58 PM »
Jaida listened intently again as the Spirit spoke its responses to their questions. Part of her wanted to ask it not to go, but she didn't. She thought that it would sound weird. She watched the Spirit disappear into the ground.
She didn't really have anything to say in reaction to what had happened. She just stood there, staring at the spot the Spirit disappeared from.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster
  • It's all fire and brimstone, baby.
    • Awards
  • Species: Bull Were-ier
  • Build: Thick
  • Currently: apprehensive.
« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2009, 05:28:59 PM »
She still held the tag she had retrieved in her hand.. She looked at it closer. "State: Rigor Mortis, Hour Discovered: 20:00." The scrawled handwriting was hard to read on the tag. Most of it was smudged or tarnished in one way or the other.. But above the two lines that she had already read, the name section was blank from an actual name. It just said, "Subject 11-9." She tilted her head in thought, then looked to the figure who was mostly unidentifiable. "Ummm.. Call me Rigor Mortis." Her voice drifted again as it had before, sounding ghoulish as it echoed in the void. She passed the tag into her left hand and took his hand, shaking it. Unlike him, she had a defined appearance, but it was unfamiliar to her. Looking the tag over one last time, she tied it to her coiled chameleon tail so that it suspended in the small opening she had where the end of her tail began its initial coil. The place was strange, but in a way, it was comforting. Death meant there was no use for the petty problems of the material realm, it also apparently meant no hunger or pain. The only thing she did not like was not knowing who she was. She growled, irritated as the reel in her head shifted through the images. "Do you know anything at all of your demise? One thing I have established is that we are dead." Her fingers found the stitches again, moving over them as if each time she did, it was another new discovery for her.

Offline Xleena

• Foxy Fox
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: August 31, 2009, 05:32:28 PM »
Xleena stared at the spot for a moment, barely able to think properly. Without thought she said 'You there, do you want to join us?' pointing her paw at Asia.

http://comics.thefurryforum.com/xleena/ Check out my webcomic and subscribe! (website made by Tweak!)

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
« Reply #36 on: August 31, 2009, 05:44:17 PM »
Jaida turned in a swift, smooth motion towards the other that Xleena was pointing at. Her movements made it seem as if she was floating, even though she was not. She watched the other as they waited for its response. It kind of looked like a rabbit from where she was, but she couldn't be sure. She also had a feeling that she did not want to know what it was holding.

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: August 31, 2009, 09:41:58 PM »
Asia lifted his head, his ears twitching in the air. He rose up to stand upon  two feet, holding the tail to him, he could see the others stare his way. he looked to the bird in the sky and felt feathers crawl across his face. Putting paw to his face he could feel a beak protruding, as though a mask were building onto him. The rabbit saw the feathers in the corner of his eye, bright red, He could feel himself become far more comfortable with the  stares. He looked back at the figures, and walked down to them.
"Parents always think kids are wasting their youth, and always have done [so] down through the millennia," says Tom Forsyth of RAD Game Tools. "'That Ug, always holding things. His front paws will develop in funny ways. Why can't he walk on all fours like normal proto-hominids?' And so, whatever the kids spend the most time doing, that's always what parents think is a waste of time, and what is corrupting their lives. It doesn't matter what that is. If all they did was homework, parents would be worrying that their kids aren't becoming well-rounded people. And, in fact, parents do this - enrolling math nerds in karate classes and the like. There is no way to win - parental paranoia ensures that kids are always doing the wrong thing."

Offline Somebody

• Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster Top 100 Most Online
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: August 31, 2009, 11:14:37 PM »
 He awoke clutching his chest and let off a swift but powerful roar that echoed across the landscape. It was barren and devoid of civilization, life and for the best of him he could not recall how he got there nor why he was clutching his chest. All he knew is that despite it looking fine something within felt like it was missing, a shallow hole in a shell of a raptor.  His eyes peered around frantically as if trying to form some semblance of his being, the who and the why totally escaping rational thought. His claws shook on the verge of panic as he looked out across the landscape. Though the scenery was clear as day the clouds in his mind could make no heads or tails of it. The place was foreign to him but even more troubling to him was how he knew that. He could recall no other place or other time. "W..where am I?" the words stumbled from his reptilian lips, forming an uneasy dialect that seemed like it was unsure of itself. Winds gusted harshly at him, spewing sand and debri from the surrounding area assaulting him as he stood to his talons. He looked down, surveying himself trying to get a grasp on something in the very least he could hold onto to give him a point of mental strength from which to set out upon.

There stood a raptor a little over seven feet, green as an olive which strange markings covering most of his body. These markings weren't part of his natural coloring and seemed to be resembling as design of a standing or society, of this he was not sure only that they were teal in color. On his feet existed three long and sharp talons which he surmised had to make him a predator of some significant efficiency, the inner claw on each foot being the longest and able to retract. He twisted his torso to get a look around him, his legs double jointed, long and strong meaning he was probably a fantastic runner or jumper. Sprouting out from behind was a long tail which also bore more of those strange markings. He wore a red sash with a long blade attached to his left side. On his torso was a plate with more of those symbols, some basic leather hide and some throwing knives. It felt strange to him to be wearing this kind of armor, he must of been some kind of warrior or assassin but he struggled to remember why. It wasn't till he focused on the matter and ignored his surroundings that the pulsing aura of the dagger on his back became known to him. Unsheathing the blade he stared at it for what seemed like hours, but only moments passed. This dagger was severely different in design then any of the other items he bore, a lot of wicked energy emanated from it overpowering his senses to focus on it. Suddenly an imagine flashed in front of his eyes, one of something like himself wearing a skullcap and having fiercely glowing blue eyes. The image shook him to the core yet he did not know why. He sheathed the dagger and contemplated for a moment.

All he could surmise at this moment is that he was some sort of reptilian of fierce design bearing the armor worn not by a front-line fighter but some sort of rogue or assassin. Due to the markings he knew he had to be of some sort of caste, maybe a guild of rogues or some brotherhood. The more he thought the more it troubled him that he could not remember and he clenched his fist in anger, forgetting his razor sharp claws which dug into his own palms. No wash of pain came over him nor the need to stop and it frightened him a bit as to why. Focusing on the problem at hand he knew he had to find shelter or food, his problems with memory would have to wait till he could find a better place to stay. The going was slow against the brush of the storm and the sand, the low visibility would've curbed even the most wayward traveler. However the oddest thing occured to him, though he could not see he still had a firm sense of direction based entirely on his strong sense of smell. Far off into the distance he could smell something though he was not sure what. It was this he decided would be his goal for the moment.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2009, 11:17:29 PM by Tezztor Aslir Ne'taku »

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: September 01, 2009, 12:04:24 AM »
It laughed at the thought. "No, I have no idea if I died to begin with, just like I have no idea how I can use this, or why I have these robes and this...face-plate" It grabbed at the mask and tried to pull it off, but to no avail. "All I do know is that I've been lonely for so long, I've forgotten who I was and what I am...and I can't take this outfit off!" It grabs at the robes, but they fade through his fingers like a milky smoke. "I suppose you wouldn't mind a companion since, well since these face-less things tend to attack out of nowhere and at almost any moment" It looked back at Rigor and tilted its head to the side "Can you think of a name for me, since 'It' is all I have to go by?"
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster
  • It's all fire and brimstone, baby.
    • Awards
  • Species: Bull Were-ier
  • Build: Thick
  • Currently: apprehensive.
« Reply #40 on: September 01, 2009, 10:59:34 AM »
"Hmmm." The dragoness scratched her chin thoughtfully, "A name for you..? How about Maskierten? It means masked in German. It fits since we don't know who you are. But, you don't have to use it if you don't want to." She was a bit uneasy making up names for It.. Mainly because it could possibly throw It off track in trying to remember who he was. She also wondered how she knew a little bit of German. Maybe it had something to do with her past... She shook her head, focusing her golden eyes on his robes and faceplate. "Well, we know you're some kind of reptile.. Have you ever checked for a tag or something?" She turned, showing the tag in which she had tied to her tail. "I know it's odd, but maybe it could help if we did find one."

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: September 01, 2009, 04:41:17 PM »
"I guess Maskierten works for now...but I'd rather keep it to Mask, if thats okay with you" Mask looked around, apparently on the look-out for more face-less. "I don't think I have a tag on me, but you can check if you want, Rigor Morits....or would you perfer just Rigor?" He looked to the left and 'blink'ed a few meters in that direction, then looked right before 'blink'ing back. Mask's nervousness caused his usually unnoticed tail to scrape the ground with an occasional wag. Since he did not know of the tail's existance, he constantly turned in circles until he saw his tail curve with him. "Oh, I didn't know I had one... looks nice" He grinned through the mask before looking back at Rigor "So, wanna go look for a way off this rock, or are you fine with just retracing your memories?"

Offline Xleena

• Foxy Fox
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: September 01, 2009, 07:39:15 PM »
   'I'm Xleena' She greeted the new friend. Looking forward and back at the other two, she asked 'I'm sorry...I haven't asked you your names yet.' Although she'd seen Jaida's name on her tag, she thought it was only polite to allow her to introduce herself- manners had been important where Xleena had come from. She waited for their replies.
   Thinking of this, it gave her a pang of sadness from what she left behind. Her little brother, her parents and her had always been a close family. She began to wonder how her family would react when they realised she was dead.
   She knew that although they'd be horrified and very upset (at least she hoped) it would pull them together more. It also made her wonder whether she would end up meeting old relatives and ancestors that had long died. This thought intrigued her.

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: September 01, 2009, 08:01:21 PM »
Jaida looked at Xleena again. "I'm Jaida." She responded.
She then looked back at the rabbit. Her eyes scanned down to its hands and to what it was clutching within them. It looked kind of like a tail, that thought made her feel sick, not nauseous but just a general sick feeling since she couldn't feel nausea.
That sick feeling wasn't shown on her face though. She just looked into the distance behind him with a blank look on her face while they waited for his response, not wanting to see what he was holding anymore.

• Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: September 02, 2009, 12:40:00 AM »
"My designation is Asia Kali," he said with a voice far stronger, more powerful than his own. "I am the Commander of Sky Reach, principle organisation for the research into permanent and indomitable flight. I would give you identification but I regret to have misplaced it on the journey here." Occasional scratches in his voice sent a cold spark crawling along his bones. It became loud, harsh, almost screechy, yet laced with darkened tones of malice and dread. "You noticed my souvenir," he gestured to the dog tail, "Dont notice it again."