The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: End of life.  (Read 47949 times)

Offline Asia Kali Yusufzai

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. Top 100 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: Hot Pink
  • Height: 5'9
  • Weight: 9 stone
  • Build: GORGEOUS
  • Reference: [link]
Re: End of life.
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2009, 09:04:37 PM »
Asia walked with the absence of others. Not living or dead, nor inanimate. He gripped the dog tail in his hands. Despite how he used to live, he was not as lonely as now. There were others around. He didnt like them, but they did not leave him. He left them. He was sure of it. And now they were not there. Not around.

He whispered, " Hello? Any person out there?" and yet it travelled over the fields, as though he were screaming. He heard the echo, and wished he hadnt said anything, despite wanting to be heard.
"Parents always think kids are wasting their youth, and always have done [so] down through the millennia," says Tom Forsyth of RAD Game Tools. "'That Ug, always holding things. His front paws will develop in funny ways. Why can't he walk on all fours like normal proto-hominids?' And so, whatever the kids spend the most time doing, that's always what parents think is a waste of time, and what is corrupting their lives. It doesn't matter what that is. If all they did was homework, parents would be worrying that their kids aren't becoming well-rounded people. And, in fact, parents do this - enrolling math nerds in karate classes and the like. There is no way to win - parental paranoia ensures that kids are always doing the wrong thing."

Puncia's Foundraising Project

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2009, 09:30:30 PM »
It continued to sit on the rock while it saw another catching up to it, and with what seemed to be a face-less figure in a skin-tight white leotard sitting on the rock. It looked up and non-chalanty asked "Who are you, and do you know who I am?" the figure didn't say anything, but stood up and drew a sword out of some unseen pocket of space. But before the figure could swing down, 'It' blinked behind the figure and pulled the staff off of 'it's back and materialized what could only be described as a glowing bubble that floated in Its left hand. It shot the bubble at the figure, and the head completely vanished, leaving no trace of that there was a head other than the space it used to occupy. It then kicked the now inanimated figure off the rock and sat down. Then again, I don't even know how I did that....
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Gabag

• Replica Soldier Mk. VII
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
  • Species: Human (Replica Clone)
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2009, 12:44:20 AM »
Glancing back and forth at the smoking ruins, of what once used to be a proud Word Bearers camp, Katar looked on in horror at the ruins, and soon the approaching Grey Knights. "Chaos Comes for you!" he yelled as he charged at them, shooting one Knight, wounding him, but there were too many. Getting struck down by a psychic blast, he raised his hand up in a feeble defense, not like it stopped the Nemesis Force Spear aimed for his chest. Getting impaled and letting out a gasp of breath, the spear retreated out of his body as a vortex opened from under him. Grabbing onto the side, he attempted to climb up, only to be staring into the barrel of a bolt gun.

Then he remembered he was just here.. in this hell. "It reminds me of home in a strange way, except there's a lot less people here..." Katar muttered aloud. Realizing that he's on his back, he picks himself up and gazes out into the boiling wastes.

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster
  • It's all fire and brimstone, baby.
    • Awards
  • Species: Bull Were-ier
  • Build: Thick
  • Currently: apprehensive.
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2009, 08:41:41 AM »
Darkness, then few streaks of light fluttered in her sight, swirling around her as if the essence itself was alive and curious to whether she was. Her tail tensed, and she sat up, becoming fully aware of her body.. And instantly, her head boomed. The streaks danced around her almost playfully.. Teasing her. They were alluring in their own way against what looked like a velvet black sky dotted with spots of light. Images of an old man in a lab came to mind. Papers were strewn about his desk, cluttering it to the point of chaos as he ran his fingers through his snowy white hair, blue eyes full of frustration. He looked up acknowledging her presence, and the room lit with a warm smile as he mouthed something.. A name maybe..? and stood. Making his way over, his forehead exploded, and a bullet passed through causing his eyes to freeze as he fell to the ground. Those electric blue eyes looked up at her with a pleading look, and then glazed over while his soul left the shell of his body. The culprit, a cloaked figure remained, barrel smoking until he placed it into his coat and.. Blackness engulfed her vision. The dragoness gasped, or tried only to realize that she was not breathing.. Her claw found its way to where her heart would be, and she felt no beat. Fear gripped her stomach as she looked herself over. Something was different.. But what? She wasn't sure. She only knew something felt weird on her foot. Reaching down, she discovered a tag carefully tied to on of her toes.. And upon retrieving it, she read... "Rigor Mortis, 20:00" Unsure of what it meant, she uneasily rubbed the back of her neck, but as she did so, near her throat, her skin felt rigid.. And unnatural. Her fingers explored a line that ran across her throat.. Stitched.

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2009, 02:50:13 PM »
It continued to sit on the rock, in a sleep-like trance that kept It alert if anything came within striking distance while It regained strength. However, It did not plan to have It's rock smash into a platform. This caused It to tumble forward a few meters before waking up and regaining It's footing by striking It's staff into the ground to stop moving. It got up and looked around after putting away the staff, to find something standing in the distance. It made out an actual face, although It could not figure out the figure's name. It started walking over to the strange figure, his steps barely audible despite the complete silence of the realm. Maybe it can say something before attacking, or maybe I'm the only one who can talk... It thought while still advancing.
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Xleena

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Credits of this avi to my favoraite artist. :3
    • Awards
  • Species: Lioness
  • Height: 5''6'
  • Weight: 60 pounds
  • Build: slim
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2009, 04:51:16 PM »
At ease for the first time in this realm she nodded in agreement with Jaida, 'This is completely different to what I thought it would be like too. I'm just glad it isn't worse!' she smiled in amusement.  'If you don't mind, we could stick together for a while... just until we know what on earth--or wherever this is-- is going on... maybe find other people?'
Wherever the wind blows, you will hear my voice whisper in your ear.

http://comics.thefurryforum.com/xleena/ Check out my webcomic and subscribe! (website made by Tweak!)

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2009, 05:06:15 PM »
"Fine by me." She answered. "But I don't know what we're supposed to do here or if there is any other place to go." She looked around them. "Or how we get there if there is anywhere else..."

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Xleena

• Foxy Fox
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2009, 05:09:30 PM »
Xleena looked around, only seeing fields and fields for as far as the eye can see. An idea suddenly formed in her head 'Its a long shot, but there might be a 'god' or something somewhere, maybe if we ask something out loud, we could get an answer..?' She went to open her mouth and then closed it again, embarrassed. 'Errr, what and how exactly do we ask?'

http://comics.thefurryforum.com/xleena/ Check out my webcomic and subscribe! (website made by Tweak!)

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2009, 05:15:14 PM »
"I guess it'd be something like a prayer...but I was never one for praying so I don't know exactly how it should be asked." She said. "Maybe ask if anyone else is here or if there's anyway we can get somewhere else." She shrugged a little, not really sure.

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Xleena

• Foxy Fox
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2009, 05:29:57 PM »
   'Hmm...' She was never really religious when she was alive either, and just decided to come out with it 'WHERE ARE WE, AND IS THERE ANYONE HEEEEEEEERE?!' She shouted, slightly startled by her own roar.
   For a brief moment, it looked like her shouting had been in vain. All of a sudden, a crack appeared in the ground, small at first, but expanding into the size of a house. A huge green crystal appeared out of the ground, with a strange creature inside.
   The crystal cracked and out came a smooth skinned angel-like spirit. It had many long arms--too many to count, and wings that were spiked and didn't seem to be very useful for flight at all. Its eyes seemed soulless, and its face expressionless. It glowed with an eerie jade-green and stood on the ground with very long lengs and dragon-like feet.
   It was waiting for Xleena to speak again. Unnerved, Xleena asked in a dumbfounded manner, 'Are you God?' The Spirit suddenly burst into a grin that did not suit its appearence, bearing great long sharp teeth, 'Hah, no, I don't believe I am anything such as that. I am a guardian of this neutral dimension of death.'
   Xleena, startled by the 'guardian's' reactions, began to stutter, 'So-so where a-re we then?..'
'Folen' The Guardian replied. It looked at the ankles of the two undeads. 'How unusual! It appeared you died at the exact same time!'
   Xleena looked down at her ankle, and there was a label which read 'Xleena Valentine, 22:27' and also looked at Jaida's- the guardian was right!
« Last Edit: August 30, 2009, 05:43:40 PM by Xleena »

Offline Asia Kali Yusufzai

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. Top 100 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: Hot Pink
  • Height: 5'9
  • Weight: 9 stone
  • Build: GORGEOUS
  • Reference: [link]
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2009, 06:07:37 PM »
Across the fields, Asia heard quite clearly, the shouts of others among the grassy hills. He decided to walk towards it, steady yet rhythmically marching, he liked the sound of his feet on the grass. The lure of people made him speed up, new people, real people, not shadows in the sky, not figures on the ground. He could see them in the distance, and he noticed the creature beside two figures. Large and covered in arms, sat upon stilt legs, long and slender. He continued on, with much ess enthusiasm, slowing and slowing to a crawl, crouching to all fours to continue against the  soft grass.
"Parents always think kids are wasting their youth, and always have done [so] down through the millennia," says Tom Forsyth of RAD Game Tools. "'That Ug, always holding things. His front paws will develop in funny ways. Why can't he walk on all fours like normal proto-hominids?' And so, whatever the kids spend the most time doing, that's always what parents think is a waste of time, and what is corrupting their lives. It doesn't matter what that is. If all they did was homework, parents would be worrying that their kids aren't becoming well-rounded people. And, in fact, parents do this - enrolling math nerds in karate classes and the like. There is no way to win - parental paranoia ensures that kids are always doing the wrong thing."

Puncia's Foundraising Project

Offline .: ♥ Kiniia ♥ :.

• Pony and Coffee Lover
  • Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • yes yes i would like a coffee pls.
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: White fur and blonde hair with very light cyan
  • Height: 5'8"
  • Weight: 110
  • Build: Slight and weak
  • Currently: thingken of goign fast... ;~;
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2009, 08:55:27 PM »
Filth Didn't quite know what to do. He had spent a while fashioning a crude shelter from the icy winds and the blisteringly freezing conditions. The shelter was a simple arrangement of rocks and various snow banks roughly propped up to provide protection. Looking around, he decided to finally take stock of his environment. Bleak, winter tundra wastes spanned out before him, there seemed to be unmoving black clouds looming ominously across the landscape. It unsettled him. Something he could not conquer or destroy. Making up his mind, he decided to set off and look for other inhabitants

I hope you will remember me, At least say so to comfort me, You say goodbye so easily, Its now or never, It may seem really pitiful, But life became too beautiful, The pain of love unbearable, It's now or never, Gone Forever.

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster
  • It's all fire and brimstone, baby.
    • Awards
  • Species: Bull Were-ier
  • Build: Thick
  • Currently: apprehensive.
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2009, 01:39:16 AM »
She ran her fingers over the stitches again and again, in disbelief. She was dead..? For some odd reason, a sense of relief washed over her and she sighed again.. Looking herself over. She was covered in skeletal neon markings, and as her hand traveled back to her shoulder blades, she discovered webbing.. Of used to be wings..? She looked up again, the streaks of light were dancing, swirling in circles around her as if to beckon. Her golden eyes wandered to the sky that was scattered with stars and didn't have a moon. It was dark, she felt as if she were floating, dreaming.. As if all of this wasn't real. The environment had a sorrowful and lonely feel to it, she immediately felt lost and somewhat sad due to the setting. She turned around, looking for somewhere to go when a cloaked figure approached. He seemed to come from a mist.. Like a spirit, although she was certain this was all in her head. "Where am I?" Her voice rang out, but still sounded distant. She supposed it was because of the realm itself because her hearing was exceptional. She knew that much.

Offline Gabag

• Replica Soldier Mk. VII
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
  • Species: Human (Replica Clone)
« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2009, 01:58:50 AM »
Twirling his staff a little bit to make sure his arms worked, Katar took a glance at what he was standing, let alone where he was.
Lava falls dotted the landscape, and there were flashes of red as far as the eye could see.
"Must be Daemonic fire perhaps..." Katar thought, coming from a similar dimension. Looking down as his feet, his boots were sinking into a strange muddish material, but he could faintly see hands underneath he mud. Quickly leaving the muddy pasture, fearing for his life, he wandered up a hill and took a stroll next to one of the lava pools

Not feeling any modicum of heat coming from the lava, he began to worry, going against his better judgement, he dipped his foot in just a little bit, and strangely enough he didnt feel any burning nor did his armor show any traces of scorching.
"Now this is strange indeed"

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2009, 02:07:13 AM »
Jaida had gazed upon the creature when it appeared. It was definitely like nothing she had ever seen before. She listened intently each time it spoke, feeling drawn to its every word for some reason. After the last remark, she looked at her ankle. "Never noticed that before. It's like an expiration date on a jug of milk..." She thought to herself before looking at Xleena's ankle too, noticing the same time and now knowing the other's name finally. "Odd..." She said softly before looking up at the Spirit. "Is that significant in some way?" She asked it, her ear twitching as she sensed someone else near them.