The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: How did YOU become furry? =)  (Read 127069 times)

Offline Amun

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Pit/Wolf Hybrid
  • Height: 5'8"
  • Weight: 200
  • Build: Muscular
Re: How did YOU become furry? =)
« Reply #1200 on: December 30, 2016, 03:56:28 AM »
Hi all! So I'm new to the forum and I became a furry... I feel like just a while ago... Haha I made an instagram for my art... And I started following people who drew animals.. Like as characters and I fell in love with the idea. I also have a hard time being myself, And felt that I wanted to role play as something else. My love for reptiles have always been strong. I wanted to go to school for herpetology, however, its hard to pursue in the state I live in. Then I thought, Why not make my own character and be me for once.. I can be me through my Dragon fursona. So yeah thats me  X3

-JINX
Hello all, I can tell you I knew I was a furry many years ago.  I always loved movies featuring a antho main character.   It wasn't till recently I was brave enough to post here.  I know inside my heart I am a canine furry and always will be.  Love every one willing to make their furry stance public. 

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

The forest is my home, the city my prison.

Offline Bricket

• Whalloping Walrus
  • awards Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Awards
« Reply #1201 on: December 31, 2016, 01:59:42 PM »
Now, looking back at this thread I have to rewrite mine a little bit.
I always had a bit of interest in wolves and Disney movies really didn't help me (thank you Robin Hood).
So to conclude it: it was more of a natural evolution I think.

Also: this one describes it pretty well

Offline Blaze

• Eager Elephant
    • Steam
    • Awards
  • Species: Grey Wolf
  • Coloring: Grey and white fur, Grey eyes
  • Height: 1.86m
  • Weight: 92kg
  • Build: Mesomorphic
  • Currently: Doin' Stuff....
« Reply #1202 on: December 31, 2016, 09:26:18 PM »
Ha, i remember seeing that image a lot on the internet, also applies with me, but with a wolf instead of a coyote.

Offline kylethefox

• Dancing Dragon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
  • Its been so long XD
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: fox
  • Coloring: classic fox colors
  • Height: 6.2
  • Weight: 130 (i am pretty skinny!)
  • Build: small muscles (but i know martial arts!)
  • Currently: bored, im free to talk about anything!! (seriously anything!!)
« Reply #1203 on: January 02, 2017, 01:32:59 AM »
how i became a furry had to do with a series of events throughout my childhood, first all the my favorite characters in movies and tv shows were either anthro or animals, secound i felt i had a deeper connection with animals (particularly a fox) when i saw one i just thought in my mind, "thats me!" XD thirdly when i was about 7 i had a dream were i was a furry fox on a train (even thought i didn't know what a furry was) i had to do with a killer on the train trying to kill me, but thats off topic, then when i was 10 i had the SAME dream! i found out about furrys when i was 14 and realized i was one, but i new the of the hate and abuse that furrys received so i kept it a secret, however recently  i felt like i wasn't truly being myself, and i finally gained enough courage to tell someone! i prepared for the hate but instead they thought it was awesome! that really built up my confidence and i decided to join this site no matter the hate i might receive! and thats the story of i how i became a furry!

Offline Malina

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
  • Malina is here and deffo queer
    • Awards
  • Species: Border collie
« Reply #1204 on: January 05, 2017, 08:51:36 AM »

That's my favourite comic because it fits me so well  XD
I found the fandom when I was 12 through looking up werewolves (because I thought they were the coolest thing ever) on google where a couple of images linked me to FA. After discovering that website I instantly decided that anthros were the best thing in the world but I didn't really know what a furry was until later on when my mum showed me a mock news report of the MFF gas attack and told us all about how bad Furries were and such. Ironically, that just further exposed me to the fandom and introduced me to the community side of it, which I shadowed for quite a while before in May last year deciding to finally get an account on a forums. Like Kyle I was expecting a bunch of negativity and resent (which I did get from my family and friends) but at the end of the day who cares what they think,
[/URL]

Offline Medroesh

• Vibrating Furby
    • Steam
    • Awards
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: Blue scales, cream coloured stomach, black tuft of hair on top of the head and down the neck.
  • Height: 4 ft - 5 ft. Changes based on environment
  • Weight: 120 IB
  • Build: Very serpentine
  • Currently: I just like making friends, trying new things, and having fun!
« Reply #1205 on: January 29, 2017, 02:42:17 PM »
I became a furry in highschool. I was new to the school and made a point to find all the weird and interesting kids and hang out with them. Created a large group of friends who hang out often. One of them became a furry, then everyone else slowly followed.

I also has an obsession with nordic frost dragons and it kinda grew from there. Loving being a cuddly and sleepy frost dragon.
You're beautifu! Eat something healthy and drink some water!

Offline kiindling

• Dancing Dragon
  • call me kindle x
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Placebo
  • Coloring: Grey, white n flamey
  • Height: Smol
  • Weight: idk rude
  • Build: idk, I guess athletic?
  • Currently: waiting for next Christmas
« Reply #1206 on: January 29, 2017, 02:45:46 PM »
Well, I started drawing furries before I even knew what they were when I was about 12, as human faces weren't my thing
And I always liked animals more than people
Then I kinda discovered the fandom and I found my happy place.

Only really and properly got into it last year though, when I actually made a normal fursona and stuff X3

Offline Khaise Grey

• Boisterous Bear
  • Rawr!
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Saber Tooth (Smilodon)
  • Coloring: White, light and dark grey-blue with red eyes.
  • Currently: Having fun doing the HSC... not
« Reply #1207 on: February 07, 2017, 11:44:10 AM »
I only really got into the whole furry thing a few days ago, I'd heard of the fandom a bit and never really got too into it. I am a major animal lover so I guess it was bound to happen one way or another. I have always pretended to be animals especially dragons, cats or Sabertooth Tigers (what a surprise) and drew them non stop. I must admit I LOVED Diego from Ice Age. None of my friends even know yet and TBH I don't know how they are going to react, I mean I am a FURRY! And I really like it.

Khaise is the best thing that has happened to me in a long time, even if I only made her up on Monday...
  • Signature art by: Me!
Artist ~ Gamer ~ Weeb ~ Goofball

Offline GibberingMaw

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
  • Species: ???
« Reply #1208 on: February 18, 2017, 12:57:29 PM »
I've always been drawn to animals and animal-like people. In addition, i'm a big fan of also learning about animals. I believe I began to realize I was one when I was younger. I don't really get along wel with most people and I tend to not be very talkative. But when I am talking to others that are similiar to me, such as a furry I become more open.

I will admit the first time I felt like I might be one, is when I saw Gadget from Rescue Rangers. No more to say.

Offline Sub-Zero Knight

• Kuddly Kitten
  • Ye olde Meta Knight fanatic.
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Snowy Kiridan
  • Coloring: Thick, fluffy, silver fur; sky blue feet, clouded/pupilless pale blue eyes. Large, white, snowy owl-like wings.
  • Height: 10”
  • Weight: 12 lbs
  • Build: She is literal winged sphere with potato feet. :D
  • Currently: Oh gosh I was a cringey Meta Knight fangirl last I was here. I still am >.>
« Reply #1209 on: March 13, 2017, 08:58:06 PM »
I became a furry simply because I've always felt spiritually drawn to foxes, and then eventually I found anthro art and discovered how I liked furry art even though I wasn't quite a furry yet. After a while, I started drawing my own anthro art, but I still wasn't a furry. Then one night back on February 4th 2016, I joined TFF. From that day on, I knew I was a furry, and that I always will be.

All in all, it's this site that turned me into a furry.

Offline Cal Bluepaws

• Avid Aardvark
  • Railfan Tiger
    • CaliRailfan - The Official Website
    • Awards
« Reply #1210 on: March 17, 2017, 02:28:26 AM »
So there was a thing with a thing, and a thing happened...

OK, here we go again. I was always drawn to anthropomorphic art, and I have always tried to draw it (But i couldn't until recently) but I didn't know what a furry (the characters, the fursonas) or a furry (the actual person) was until I found furry (characters) Minecraft skins in CustomNPCs mod. Then, I thought these characters were AMAZING and so I found out what a furry (person) was and I thought, "hey, I'm a furry if that's what it is!"

And there you have it.
I am an INTP, meaning that I am part of approx. 3% of the world's population.

Check out Chiku! They're pretty great!

Offline Chiitos

• Vibrating Furby
  • ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ....
    • DeviantArt
    • Tumblr
    • Awards
  • Species: Cat/ dog/ pillarman?
  • Coloring: Cream
  • Build: Petite
« Reply #1211 on: March 17, 2017, 09:54:19 PM »
Disney planted the seed, beautiful artwork watered it and zootopia gave it lots of sunlight

Offline RyukaAscendant

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
  • Species: Dragon
« Reply #1212 on: March 19, 2017, 03:45:32 AM »
I'm otherkin... So someone gave me the name for what I already felt.

Offline 3rasvok

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
  • Species: Raccoon
« Reply #1213 on: March 24, 2017, 07:21:38 PM »
<REMOVED> one day I decided to look up "tf" on google and ran into a website named "Transfur". I found out about the fandom soon afterwards and been part of ever since.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 05:48:39 AM by anoni »

Offline Skall

• Avid Aardvark
  • Spero Spera
    • Awards
  • Species: Cat
  • Coloring: Reddish fur, hair is a darker shade, bright blue eyes.
  • Height: 5'2"
  • Weight: 115 lbs.
  • Build: Petite, flexible, but surprisingly strong.
  • Currently: Fine. Really.
« Reply #1214 on: March 25, 2017, 05:24:39 AM »
I really don't know the exact time I started to consider myself as furry. It's more of an interest in the art and the community than an identity, really.

I have never really had the same connections with animals that I know many other people in this fandom experience, but I did grow up with dogs.
I used to watch a lot of anime, draw animals, spend time on art and roleplay sites, and I read a lot of the Warriors books in middle school (stopped after The Sight) so I guess that's what catalyzed it. I didn't even have a fursona until a year or so ago. You all are the first furries I've truly spoken to.
We were never meant to walk over water. We were meant to immerse ourselves and recall how to move.

-- Margot Schlipp