The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: How did YOU become furry? =)  (Read 127082 times)

Offline Calun the Bat

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • But Nobody Came
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Spectacled Flying Fox
  • Coloring: dark brown main, sandy/gold secondary, assorted blues. Black/maroon eyes.
  • Height: 6' 00"
  • Weight: 185
  • Reference: [link]
Re: How did YOU become furry? =)
« Reply #1125 on: February 03, 2016, 01:06:09 AM »
Probably as a direct product for my love of anime and video games growing up. I always fancied the anthropomorphic characters, like Ouka in .hack//

:D OMG YES. Ouka is the BEST EVER.  :*

Ahem... anyway, for me it was probably like many. You know, you get attached to certain anthro characters growing up, and/or have a fondness for the animal kingdom. For me the furry world in particular came when a very good friend of mine from high school became a well known furry artist. I used to watch her draw and stuff when we'd hang out at her place back in the day, and even though she's long since moved away, we're still good friends, and I give her the blame for getting me into the community proper.  >:3 And that's a good thing!
"The world is what you make of it, sir! If it doesn't fit, you make alterations."

Offline Balareth

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • Felines are the only true anarchists
    • Awards
  • Species: Feline
  • Coloring: gray
« Reply #1126 on: February 12, 2016, 05:59:21 AM »
well because i found felines as beautiful creatures, all of them, i love from cats to lions, i found the powerful and very majestic, i love to see how they live and how they erase their children, did you know lions pretends to feel pain when the babies bites them? is really cool and also their skin looks so soft to the touch, so i choosed felines because their beauty and life style, you cant but wonder how in the world such creature exists?
  • Avatar by: Myself on Anime Studio Pro

Offline Kogashuko

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Green and black mix
  • Height: 5 10
  • Weight: 140
  • Build: average
« Reply #1127 on: February 12, 2016, 07:55:56 AM »
I started out denying it and just thinking they were *funny* But when I realized I was starting to find them sexy or cute I kinda realized, that and a friend was one too so helped me realize it as well.

Offline Gheidren

• Foxy Fox
    • Awards
  • Species: Lucistic ball python
  • Coloring: white
  • Height: 5'7"
  • Weight: 128lbs
  • Build: skinny build, tail is long
  • Currently: Lonely
« Reply #1128 on: February 12, 2016, 08:46:28 PM »
Well it started out in 5th grade I was searching the internet and I happened to stumble upon a picture of a wolf standing up right. I've never seen anything like that before except for in video games (that I could really care less about). But for some reason that got my attention. so I started looking up pictures like that more often then I figured out that there was a group of people who liked those. So I reaserched the fandom more, started drawing more. And eventually came up with my fursona.
"Reptiles are the cutest things alive."
~Me~

Offline [INACTIVE]

« Reply #1129 on: February 19, 2016, 07:40:41 AM »
Alright sit down everyone, MetalGearStowe is going to read everyone a story.

It all started when I was 10, Little Metal was walking down to the mall with his father. When all of a sudden a wild group of fursuiters appeared. My little mine couldn't seem to figure out wtf was happening. "Why are their people in animal costumes?" I proceeded to make my father walk towards them with me. I asked, "Yo... wtf is this?" they responded with no hesitations, "Were furry's." After that was over we went into the mall bought some stuff then went home. I was so interested in these furry's that I went on the family PC and looked up furry's. Needless to say, I became one.

Offline Rocco Rex

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
  • Species: German Shepherd
« Reply #1130 on: February 20, 2016, 06:48:25 PM »
For me, it is more of a question of when I realized I was a furry. For most of my life, I have had dogs, and I feel much more connected with dogs then with people, and I have felt that way for years. It was two weeks ago today(wow, such a short time with so much spreading of my wings) that I went on YouTube and looked for videos explaining what furries are(even though I had never heard the term before, I just knew to search it). The first one I watched was by Majira Strawberry, and I felt joyful, free, excited, and at peace. I knew I had found a new side to myself.

Normally I don't trust anyone, I rarely speak, I am quite aggressive, kind of mean, and am pretty much a hermit, but am fiercely loyal to my family(even though I hide so much from them and they drive me nuts). Since I have found out and accepted that I am a furry I am more outgoing, nice, happy, less tense, and more easy going. I am so happy I started searching.

Offline KaydenQuick

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
  • Species: Australian Shepherd
  • Currently: Fussing.
« Reply #1131 on: February 28, 2016, 12:32:42 AM »
Kinda funny how I became a furry. I always liked the Pokemon games as a kid.
So somewhere around the time when I was 13 I was googling the differences in Pokemon as far as gender went.
Basically, I typed in "Charizard Sexes(The gender definition)" and google took me to a comic about a trainer continuously trying to flirt with an anthro Charizard. This led me to further explore the site, which back then was called "Kemonoart.org" and from kemonoart I went off into Deviantart, then Furaffinity, basically... I really got into the art, and later got into the people. They were all nice, friendly(Well, most of them anyways). So I developed a fursona, which changed over time and then eventually got art as an adult.

So yeah, a google translation lead me to becoming a furry, or at least discovering what furries were.

Offline Scorpsi

• Vibrating Furby
  • Hi~
    • Awards
  • Species: Scorpion
  • Coloring: Black!
  • Height: 5'2
  • Weight: 100lbs
  • Build: Decent!
  • Currently: Nothing.
« Reply #1132 on: March 03, 2016, 09:41:13 PM »
Mein freund ist one. As a result I sorta... phased into.
Funnily enough I used to be one of those judgmental people!

Offline Scorpsi

• Vibrating Furby
  • Hi~
    • Awards
  • Species: Scorpion
  • Coloring: Black!
  • Height: 5'2
  • Weight: 100lbs
  • Build: Decent!
  • Currently: Nothing.
« Reply #1133 on: March 03, 2016, 10:40:34 PM »
The Deutsche Sprache is strong in this one.

Too much war games...

Offline Silaluk

• Foxy Fox
  • w ▲ n d e r e r
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf (not pure blooded)
  • Coloring: Dark gray and light gray.
  • Height: 2'4"
  • Weight: 114 lbs.
  • Build: Slender but very fluffy. Feral.
  • Currently: Sad.
« Reply #1134 on: March 04, 2016, 04:06:15 AM »
I don't remember exactly. I still don't really consider myself a furry, since my fursona isn't anthro and I don't depict her in a universe similar to modern Earth's, but I think it was the "adult" side I liked first, to be completely honest.

Quote from: Sandor on March 05, 2016, 07:15:04 AM
Quote from: Sandor on March 04, 2016, 10:21:04 AM
Silaluk is too brutal for 90% of this forum.

Actually, make that something like 96%.

Offline Doctor Lin

• Avid Aardvark
  • Experimental Dream Creator
    • Discord
    • FOLLOW MY SOUNDCLOUD
    • Awards
  • Species: Goat/Ram Hybrid
  • Coloring: White Fur
  • Height: 5’9”
  • Weight: 210 pounds
  • Build: Fat
  • Currently: coming back here because I miss this site (blast from the past)
« Reply #1135 on: March 04, 2016, 04:19:28 AM »
It all started about 0-1 months ago. One day I was browsing around on the internet and I eventually come to this meme with the term "furry" in it. Me, being my curious self, started looking up what a furry was. I found out a lot about the furry fandom and was still curious about. I was interested in having a fursona, and I thought if I became a furry I would no more about furries. One thing led to an other and Tada.I'm a furry.

PS: METALGEAR YOUR STORY WAS STRANGISH
stupid in the dark

Offline Neurottic

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
  • Height: 5'5
  • Currently: Back!
« Reply #1136 on: March 05, 2016, 11:53:08 PM »
I always loved animals, and I would draw furries all the time when I was little.  :)  I had no idea what a furry was at the time of course. When I was 11 years old I got really into sonic the hedgehog and drew sonic fan characters all the time but of course again, and again I had no idea what furries were.
But I had a friend in high school, he was a furry and he asked me to draw his fursona. I agreed and while looking up references, I discovered the furry fandom  :) I was interested but I never told anyone. My friend eventually moved away and I figured out that I actually liked furries. I'm 19 now and I finally decided to take the plunge, and here I am now!

Offline MustardHusky

• Avid Aardvark
  • TFF's Adorable Condiment!
    • Awards
  • Species: Raccoon/Husky hybrid
  • Coloring: Red with a Yellow fur tuft and Yellow nose
  • Height: approx. 160 centimetres
  • Currently: procrastinating like there's no tomorrow
« Reply #1137 on: March 07, 2016, 02:47:59 PM »
I actually used to be one of THOSE people (I'm pretty sure the furry fandom knows what I'm talking about, if they don't, I used to be one of the people who thought all furries were... um... yeah) until I saw some doco on anthrocon, and I thought "hey, this fandom doesn't seem so bad" I then discovered Majira Strawberry on YouTube and decided i wanted to become a furry.

...either that or when I was three I said that I wanted to be a dog when I grew up.
im a literal condiment pls do not put me on ur burger though

Offline nixon/monto

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Rachet?oh yeah! He is my cousins friend.greet guy!
  • Species: lombax
  • Coloring: regular
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 145
  • Build: little above average
  • Currently: doing good
« Reply #1138 on: March 07, 2016, 05:30:35 PM »
Anthrocon dance competition videos on YouTube. I was looking up dubstep dancing a trying to learn...a little. And that's where I was like. "What's this?"
Space is a place I can't wait to go to. All the time in reality. And yet I long for the end, not because I want it to end, but because I'm curious of how this world ends and where all these souls go to when they breath no more. But till then I'll be having the time of my life! :)

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army.
 FDF forever       "
SNIPER!!!  boo ya FDF!!

Offline Nori

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: {Aiklar http://aiklarspecies.webs.com/} & {Eastern Dragon}
  • Coloring: {Black, light blue, purple, turquoise, red and dark blue} & {Purple, lavender, sea green & black}
  • Height: 5'3"
  • Weight: 115 lb
  • Build: Lean
  • Currently: Recuperating
« Reply #1139 on: March 07, 2016, 08:34:23 PM »
I always liked dragons and dolphins and such when I was younger, and my first drawing was a possessed looking dragon/dolphin hybrid that walked on two legs :P
When I started High School, I drew more animal-people, because I still cannot draw actual humans!
I went to my first Anime Convention, Nan Desu Kan in Denver when I was 14, and I walked into a fursuit photoshoot. And I fell in love :P
I looked up what fursuit was all about, and that lead my to the actual fandom it is from (though it took longer than most might think.. like a year later). Once I got the idea of it, I wanted to make a wolf, because wolves are awesome and wolf's Rain is the best anime ever. But then I watched Stelleluna and I wanted a bat instead :P But I already got silver/black fur for a wolf fursuit.. so its more of a silver bat.

So that turned into my first fursuit I'm almost finished with. I chose Nori as the name because it means something cool in Nordic (though I can't remember off the top of my head). But then I decided I wanted to create a character with a few different things, and I came up with Nori as she is now, an anthro canine with random feathers, saber teeth, a hippogryph tail and a set of antlers XD

My next suit will definitely be my current Nori, though I'm going to go with more 'cute' and make a foam head and toony eyes instead of the realistic ones :P