The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: How did YOU become furry? =)  (Read 127085 times)

Offline Crystali

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • ♥~
    • Awards
  • Species: White Scalie, dragon or Human
  • Coloring: Coloring: White Scales,Wingless,Blue eyes,Curled pearl horns,furry ears,White backtuft starting from head ending on tip of tail. ^ö^/)
  • Height: Height:163
  • Weight: weight:125 lb
  • Build: hourglass
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Recaptcha Ragequit.
Re: How did YOU become furry? =)
« Reply #975 on: August 11, 2014, 10:33:07 AM »
It all started with Spyro the Dragon.♥

Offline まる☽Maru

• Vibrating Furby
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • tumblr
    • Awards
  • Species: samoyed
  • Coloring: light lavender fur, white fluffy ears, white shaggy hair and tail
  • Height: 175cm
  • Weight: 7 stone 13
  • Currently: hello
« Reply #976 on: August 14, 2014, 01:24:21 PM »
hey guys!! i've kind of always been a furry in essence, it just stemmed from a fascination with films like watership down, and kemonomimi and anime cat girls. i've only recently been involved in the furry fandom, though. >w>
サモエドが大切だよ!

Offline Jay_Foxx

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • The Worlds of Jason Finigan
    • Awards
  • Species: Red Fox
  • Coloring: Red, White, Black
  • Height: 5' 6"
  • Weight: 165
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: Playful
« Reply #977 on: August 23, 2014, 08:24:55 PM »
Anthropomorphic creatures have always fascinated me from the time I was a kid watching Star Trek and reading comics, or watching the Thundercats cartoons. Later, as I grew, the fascination stayed with me, and soon I began writing about them. It was only natural then, that my fascination would bring me to this point.

Offline The Magic Otter

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online
  • It's an otterly bizarre extravaganza!
    • Awards
  • Species: Otter
  • Coloring: Brown and light brown (the image is just a placeholder)
  • Height: 5"6
  • Currently: Living an empty existance.
« Reply #978 on: August 23, 2014, 10:45:36 PM »
I have always been captivated by anthropomorphic animals/ creatures  and when I was around eight years old I found out about the fandom and decided to join.
  • Avatar by: Some image i found on google that i liked, when found i will give proper accreditation.
The immensity of boops I shall bestow are equal to the very atoms which exist in the universe! Thus, this shall be my gift to the world, a boop of many, a boop to end all boops!
*gives a boop.*

Offline Bronies are cool

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #979 on: August 25, 2014, 03:52:18 AM »
I'm not really a furry, but I would like to share how I discovered furries.

When i was in 8th grade, somehow the subject of furries was brought up to the entire class in english class. The teacher did not want to say what a furry was, but she would allow another kid to say what it was. She then covered her ears because she thought that the kid would say something bad and she didnt want to hear it. (dont ask me why she would not prevent that instead of letting it happen, but she was that kind of teacher.) So the kid who was saying what furries were said that furries were people who dress up as animals and "do things" with each other. (and thats a very nice way of putting it because those are not his exact words.) I never thought of it much at all until 9th grade.

9th grade comes around and I get a laptop for the first time. So come spring time of the 9th grade, I decided to google search what a furry was. And I saw the G4 video "wtf" or something like that and so ever since then I thought that furries were people who dress as animals and go around in public as them.
well, later on in 10th grade when I became a brony and joined a brony forum, I learned from there that furries dont all like dressing as animals and that some just like perceiving themselves as having an animal persona.
11th grade comes around and I discover that a brony kid at my school also identifies as a furry. I never ask him about it, but it kind of spiked my interest in learning a little bit about furries. I never asked him or talked to him much because he is a hard core introvert and doesnt talk about being a furry or brony in public like at all.
now, 12th grade and I recently looked up this guy who makes music and does voice acting. ShadyVox. Him and this youtuber JanAnimations have created one of the best looking animations with voice acting in the brony community. But they had a ban hammer from hasbro get them kind of. Anyway, im not going to explain their story, im just saying I was looking up the voice behind the main character of their video. And on ShadyVox's facebook, aand on his youtube, he had some art of him as a lion and there was some lion OC like lion king style. I then looked up a little bit of furry art because I thought that it was kind of cute. I came to the conclusion that there is a good amount of cute art, some bad art, and some down right wrong art.
But i dont judge because I know that bronies also have cute, bad, and wrong art. (all fandoms/groups do)

So, i decided to join this forum to see what furries are like and to see how accepting they are. I want to kind of compare and contrast this fandom/group with the bronies/mlp enthusiasts group.

I hope that wasnt too long
I produce electronic music. I'm not amazing but i have fun doing it

Offline Kittie

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a daydreamer making dreams real
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Pegasus
  • Coloring: Silver dapple also known as Chocolate
  • Height: 14hh or 4 feet 8 inches
  • Weight: It's rude to ask a lady how much she weighs LOL
  • Build: Pony like, a little stocky
« Reply #980 on: August 25, 2014, 04:26:43 AM »
I've always been a furry without knowing what it was. I've always felt very close to animals, so close that I could sometimes "speak" with them. I started creating antho dog and antho cat characters and imagining stories and stuff in my head when I was about 10. Finally I started to create feline or canine or hybrid versions of myself but it never quite felt right. Then I found MLP:FiM and got hooked to everything Brony! I settled into the brony fandom very easily and experimented with pony art and such trying to create a pony version of myself. Meanwhile I was playing this awesome equine sim which has a very big art community within the sim and I started to design and collect horse charries for fun and RPing uses. I was thinking up a new design for a while for a charrie when I ended up dreaming about a beautiful chocolate colored pegasus mare with golden tipped feathers inside her wings and a star on her forehead. It was like she was calling me... I spent a good month or so trying to find someone to help bring her to life and once I'd found someone by that point she was no longer a charrie but she was me... she took on my nickname as developed a few addons that define me as a person. So even though I'd been a furry for years and years it took me this long to find "myself"
  • Avatar by: Art by Greyflower on DA, me and Blossom on EV
The one, the only... chocolate colored Pegasus!

Offline Bronies are cool

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #981 on: August 25, 2014, 04:42:13 AM »

I've always been a furry without knowing what it was. I've always felt very close to animals, so close that I could sometimes "speak" with them. I started creating antho dog and antho cat characters and imagining stories and stuff in my head when I was about 10. Finally I started to create feline or canine or hybrid versions of myself but it never quite felt right. Then I found MLP:FiM and got hooked to everything Brony! I settled into the brony fandom very easily and experimented with pony art and such trying to create a pony version of myself. Meanwhile I was playing this awesome equine sim which has a very big art community within the sim and I started to design and collect horse charries for fun and RPing uses. I was thinking up a new design for a while for a charrie when I ended up dreaming about a beautiful chocolate colored pegasus mare with golden tipped feathers inside her wings and a star on her forehead. It was like she was calling me... I spent a good month or so trying to find someone to help bring her to life and once I'd found someone by that point she was no longer a charrie but she was me... she took on my nickname as developed a few addons that define me as a person. So even though I'd been a furry for years and years it took me this long to find "myself"
its great to see other bronies on here. it makes me smile as I will probably be able to easily relate to you because we are a part of the same fandom
I produce electronic music. I'm not amazing but i have fun doing it

Offline hennessyvenom

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
  • Species: Canine
  • Currently: What is a forum?
« Reply #982 on: August 27, 2014, 03:29:24 PM »
I suppose I've been a furry for a lot longer than I realize. As a kid I loved animals and was always drawn to talking animal movies like Fox and the hound or Robin hood. But it wasn't till I had Internet access I even knew what furry was. I discovered it early in my Internet using years. Around age 14. Since I never had Internet or video games I had to be outside enjoying real life.

I stumbled upon a few pictures in a YouTube video and decided to look into it a bit more.
I'll admit all the negative articles and comments about the fandom initially put me off but for some reason I kept coming back to that one video.
After a year or so I told one other person I was into it. That didn't go to great...
Again that put me off and again I came back.
Now, almost seven years later, I realize I don't give a flying shit about what others think. I'm just starting to try to get involved in the community and know other furs in the flesh.

Offline LeoSpice

• Boisterous Bear
  • All knowledge, ultimately mean self knowledge
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: savannah
  • Height: 5'6
  • Weight: 130
  • Build: slender
  • Currently: Drinking tea
« Reply #983 on: August 27, 2014, 04:54:48 PM »
a friend of mine got me into it
my twitter: XanriKard
steam: waterheat
http://www.twitch.tv/alaricdusk

Offline Hycanith

• Boisterous Bear
  • Shhhh....
    • Awards
  • Species: Cat-Fox!
  • Coloring: Like that! ^
  • Height: Tall.
  • Weight: 130 lbs.
  • Build: Slim.
  • Currently: That spring clean.
« Reply #984 on: September 04, 2014, 02:54:20 AM »
I pretty much always have been a furry, and it probably started with old cartoons and Neopets (<was my childhood). I always took a liking to anthro characters, as they seem to personify specific inner qualities in a way nearly impossible to replicate with human characters.

Offline Fenox Helkiin

• Gregarious Gnu
  • I like being a pet. :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox/husky/snow leopard
  • Height: 6ft 2
  • Weight: ~13st
  • Build: Toned
« Reply #985 on: September 25, 2014, 07:51:46 AM »
My brother showed me it.
I'm not gonna say anything more then that as this isn't in the adult area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Signature art by: Jack Cringer

Offline Dakotah Bill

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
  • Species: Dog (Huskey)
« Reply #986 on: October 10, 2014, 03:45:30 AM »
For me it started whenever we were introduced to the library at our grade school, of course I read the little kids books like Bernstein Bears and other things like that, but what really got me hooked to the whole anthropomorphic thing would have to be the book series Warriors, some of the movies that have inspired me (And this one has actually pulled me out of depression SEVERAL times) How to Train Your Dragon. This movie has gotten me made fun of several times that "Oh he likes that gay kiddie movie." and then you try to explain but they wont listen. Anyway it wasn't untill Freshman year in High School that I came across the furry fandom and was amazed at the kindness of them and how they accepted new people. I have not been able to come up with a fursona to save my life but I feel like I am the verge of finding my true self/place in the fandom!!

Offline Alex_Mclean

• Avid Aardvark
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Ice Dragon
  • Coloring: Bluish white body scales with darker blue belly and neck scales
  • Height: 5' 11"
  • Weight: 150 pounds
  • Build: average
« Reply #987 on: October 10, 2014, 09:37:17 AM »
I first found it when, my 13 year old brain was like, hmm, I wonder if there are adult games, and I found some, furry ones and thought they looked nice. Then later when I was 15 and 16 is when I realised it was an actual fandom, at 17 I officially became the dragon I am today and the rest is all over the place personal history.

Offline Khaki-Shepherd

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
  • Currently: Offline until further notice
« Reply #988 on: October 10, 2014, 10:54:17 AM »
Personally I blame learning about ancient Egyptian Gods, Dog Soldiers (2002 and Balto (1995) as reasons why I identified with the anthropomorphic fandom.

Offline Rottech

• Avid Aardvark
  • I wanna be the very best
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Alien
  • Currently: Laughing like the crazy individual I am
« Reply #989 on: October 14, 2014, 12:14:39 AM »
I became a furry because I got brainwashed by the internet. Nah, not really, lol, but when I was 13 years old I saw this mention about furries on a forum on a virtual pet adoption site, I started looking it up, and then kinda thought "Huh, cool, more people like me who are far more fascinated with non human creatures than humans, I wanna join!" And well.. the rest is history.