The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Coming Catastrophe: The Search For The Guardians.(We were a bunch of idiots!  (Read 27822 times)

Offline XIII

• Furries Savior
  • Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: alien
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: saves the Galaxy
~~~ By the River ~~~

"Is it possible to help your people or just you? The thing that your Empire do with its people is... wrong. No one should live like this.". The elf said, slowly petting the fox as the water procedure was continuing. Lower and lower, until she reached the bottom of his body. Because Atauri was a tactile person, she wanted to pet him forever, especially in the lower part. It was also a way of preparing a one for a talk, that takes place inside the mind of both. The elf was perfectly aware that there always were things which are best left untouched, but they reside in darkest parts of memory. And even if a person desired to express them, he can't as it might hurt him. That's why the Darnassian priestess tried to relax the fox alongside with giving him a delight. Because as she noted, the vulpine knight hasn't had it for a quite long time. Or didn't have at all.

The knight request was a bit vague for the night elf, but Tristan' body language gave a clue. She was a little surprised with his ask. The thing is that creatures like she is, the ones with no fur or scalies, were less enjoyable when it comes about physical interaction. In her opinion, in combination with their cute appearance, anthro people were absolute champions with it. So naturally, the night elf slowly nodded silently on the fox' request following by smiling. After he allowed to wash him in delicate places, it was a fair deal. And the sharp-eared hoped that the blacky would enjoy it, just like Atauri enjoying the feeling of the contact.
Galactic Society site's owner, find me at https://galacticsocietyrp.jcink.net

I've left the TFF forever and won't return anytime soon.

Offline Tristan Foxalot

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 3 years
  • This Profile is Shut Down
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Black with white accents
~~~ By the River ~~~

Tristan grinned at Atauri's ascent, drawing himself closer as his hands fell upon her back, pulling the elf into his embrace. His hands were rough, clearly Tristan had been through some years of action with those hands, gliding them down the elf's back until they fell beneath the surface of the water. And now being like this, so close to each other, Atauri would be able to feel the excitement that had come to so fill the knight.

"Stay with me tonight." Tristan would whisper to Atauri, his own hands reacting into the similar places that Atauri's hands had wandered, "It has been so long since I had the company of another like this. Stay with me, if only for one night. And if you do, it will be a night we will not soon forget."
« Last Edit: September 13, 2019, 12:59:16 PM by Tristan Foxalot »
I have shut down my profile. Apologies for any inconvenience, and have a good day. :)

Offline XIII

• Furries Savior
  • Boisterous Bear
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Awards
~~~ By the River ~~~

The closer the two were getting to each other, the faster blood in Atauri's veins was flowing. And the fox could feel it as not just water becomes warmer - the air around the couple slowly increases in degree. Tristan's embrace was a thing she hadn't experience for a while. And get it from one of her favorite species was a real gift from the pretty one. Course, his next offer has empowered the night elf' desire to stay more with the black vulpine, so the sorceress has even hugged him firmly. In the way, the two could feel the skin of each other. Not only she hoped to see his past but also enjoy the company of the fox. It will be just one night so that Viktor won't notice it. The elf felt that in order to uncover Tristan' past, she need to get closer to him. She even could say that she started to have feelings toward the vulpine. Maybe if she has never met Viktor, Tristan could surely be the one who she will take care of for the rest of her life.

"Just one night? Very well, the pretty one. Everyone needs some love as it reminds us that we're living beings. And I should admit, I'm always loved your kind. But I have to check Viktor first - I'm worried about him after the thing happened today. Just like you, he has a dark and very twisted past. Can you let me... check him?". The purple-skinned said playfully, running with her hand over the knight's head slowly. She liked Tristan, and she liked Jofan too. Sure thing, it's impossible to love everyone, but it's possible to help the ones, who needed. And this is why Atauri exists.

Offline Tristan Foxalot

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
~~~ By the River ~~~

Tristan pulled away to look down into Atauri's eyes, Tristan filled with need and desire and his hunger clawed at him to simply take what he wants, but he is no beast. Not anymore. Tristan then looked down, and nodded, and he said in whisper, "Meet me here later tonight, when skies are dark and the moon is full, after everyone else is asleep."

"Until then..." He says, looking back up at Atauri before giving her a smile, pulling her closer in his embrace as he leans closer, closing his eyes as his lips met hers, gifting her a small but tender kiss, soon pulling away with the smile still on his face, "Let that be a taste of things to come."

With that, Tristan finally let go of the elf and stepping away from her, turning his back to her as he says, "I still need to finish washing myself and my armour, and then I will return. Return to the others, I shall not be long."

Once Atauri had left him, returning to the others, Tristan would turn back to the skies above, watching them turn black now that the sun had truly set. He wished that Atauri humored him, he needed the distraction, needed to think of anything else than what troubles him. With a sigh, the knight would finish washing his fur before returning to the bank, kneeling down at the water's edge to start washing his armor, the dust and muck of the city carried away on the currents of the stream. Once he had finished, his fur had dried enough for him to dress, slipping back on his underclothes before fastening his armor to himself, and then he rose from the river bank to return to his horse. He was not completely clean, his clothes were still messy without the services of a launder, but at least his armor and fur were clean, now enveloped in the freshness of the forest rather than the stench of the city.

~~~ At Camp ~~~

Now refreshed, Tristan takes the reins of his horse and takes to guide her back to the others, soon finding that a small camp was already being constructed, guiding his horse over to a clear spot next to Spyra and Ray, making this spot his own. Admittedly, Tristan was not one to use tents or shelter, preferring to sleep through the night as the animals do, exposed to the elements. He has even come to enjoy it, for there is nothing like sleeping under a blanket of stars and listening to the sounds of nature as one drifts off into their dreams; a most idyllic life that gives Tristan some measure of peace. Vulpines were also not so different from the beasts of the land, and Tristan's long years of travel have allowed him to adapt to this particular lifestyle. Of course, he also enjoyed a comfortable bed as well, when opportunity permits.

After placing Midnight at a spot where she can graze and be comfortable, Tristan joined the others around the fire, looking over to see Ray nestled up to his mother, and the knight could not help with smile at the sight.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2019, 09:30:39 PM by Tristan Foxalot »
I have shut down my profile. Apologies for any inconvenience, and have a good day. :)

Offline XIII

• Furries Savior
  • Boisterous Bear
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Awards
Once Atauri' body was dry enough, she has dressed up and gone to the camp. As an elemental mage, such a procedure was fast. Everything the elf needed to do is to increase the temperature of her body shortly. As she was dressing, the sorceress hoped that when she and Tristan would remain alone, the elf can get her answers. For now, the result the female wizard achieved was a good start. Atauri almost has forgotten the feeling she is going to experience tonight. As she was becoming stronger, the more challenges she faced with. A common thing for those who possess significant powers, especially destructive ones. Perhaps, that's why Guardians don't have time for such things as love.

"How are you, my lovely wolf? Maybe you tell us now what made you like this?". The priestess said once she had sat in front of Viktor. She collapsed her legs under her and watching in his eyes. She also noted that the sky' color has returned to its typical night color. But what's made her frown - she didn't hear any birds, not even owls which are common in these lands. The elf hoped this forecasts nothing evil. Because in most cases, that means the land is cursed.

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Battle Alert! Go shields up and weapons hot!
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Tiger
  • Coloring: Inverted fur pattern (black with white stripes)
  • Height: 6'7"
  • Weight: 250 lbs
  • Build: Muscular, but not overly so
  • Currently: Trying to find the drive to continue my original work.
Viktor looked longingly, yet lovingly, at Atauri. Where to begin? How to even tell her? "None of us knew who he was," he finally said after several moments of silence. "None of us ever knew where he came from. All we knew was, like me, he was not native to Azeroth. An elf, from a far-away world. He never said where. Just that he'd been on the run for a long, long time. He crashed on Azeroth almost at the same time I did. Aldukaal, he called himself... a fitting name. As cold and cruel, and just as sadistic, as the Lich King himself. He was the Lich King's favorite... hunter." Viktor put a particular emphasis on that word. "... hunted the targets the Lich King daren't send his usual forces to deal with. But unlike every Death Knight he had, Aldukaal had something the rest of us didn't, at the time... what I came to know as the Voice." He stared at the fire. "With that voice of his, he could cause more destruction on the battlefield than a battalion of Scourge minions. He leveled an entire fortress alone on his first battle. It was remarkable, really. Oh, sure - I had powers, too. But him? He had abilities I couldn't even begin to touch, back then... and an exponentially-growing body count. Always with his voice... and what's worse, is how his victims... fed him. He fed on death. It made him stronger. Everyone he ever slew added to his power." He returned his gaze to Atauri. "You ask why I am so terrified of him? Because he knows the one shout that can end me... Dragonrend never applied to just Dragons, but to all those touched by Immortality. Sure, I've wanted to die for years... but not like that. Ironic, when I think about it... I long for death, an end to my torment, but at the same time... I fear it. And now, with you? If he knew how much you mean to me, he'd kill you in the most painful and agonizing way, just to get at me. He enjoys that kind of thing. Li knew it. Found out the hard way. She died to keep me safe, and I heard her screaming. I still remember how it tore me apart. But she died so I could get away. Said I'd find another just like her." Viktor scoffed. "Funny how she seemed to know I'd end up meeting you. And you awakening this... power, in me." Viktor sighed. "Will it be enough to stop Aldukaal? I wish I knew. And Vulkest? Something tells me he might know something we can use against Aldukaal. But we need to find him, first - and get him to stabilize this world." He looked into Atauri's eyes. "What did he tell you? Did he say anything I should know about?"
"The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural..." --Darth Sidious

"Being a soldier isn't just following orders - it's following those orders while in the service of a higher cause. When that cause is betrayed, we aren't soldiers anymore; just pieces on a chess board, dying for the wrong reasons." --Unknown

A Klingon wears their emotion on his or her sleeve - when they're happy, you'll hear it; sad, you'll see it; angry, you'll fear it.

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
  • Chased by the fires of passion
    • Awards
  • Species: Raccoon
  • Coloring: Royal purple, save for two teardrop shaped gray patches on his chin, which runs to his collarbone, and the lower part of his abdomen.
  • Height: Varies
  • Weight: Varies
  • Build: Lanky
  • Currently: Pretty happy.
As soon as Spyra had placed Ray in his own tent, the nightmares began. Ray began shifting in his sleep, unconsciously fighting with the monsters of his dreams. Of these nightmares, this could be said.
Ray found himself alone, wandering a flat, dark dreamscape. Cobblestones jutted haphazardly from the weedy dirt, often catching the young raccoon’s foot. He tried to light a lamp, but found himself lacking the lamp entirely. Thinking he may have dropped it, Ray turned and froze. A titanic creature, one made of bone and rot, had been stalking the dreamer. Upon its discovery, the skeleton creature gave chase, bellowing an unholy roar. Ray ran, hard and fast, shedding his equipment for the sake of speed.
Not that it mattered. The huge beast closed in, snatched up the small raccoon, and gave him a horrible grin. Then it brought Ray to its mouth, making to consume him. In its mouth, Ray could see the faces of those from the town. All were screaming.
Then Ray awoke with a shout. He looked around at the tent’s interior, briefly forgetting he wasn’t in town anymore. He wasn’t sure how long he had slept, but knew he would get no more on his current state. Ray crawled out of the tent again and clumsily stumbled over to Spyra, sitting down beside her.

It was obvious Ray was no longer comfortable sleeping alone.

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • BEHOLD THE POWER OF MY...Rubber sword?
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Folf (Hybrid Fox Wolf)
  • Coloring: Dark Blue, Light Blue
  • Weight: WHA!?!?
  • Build: Slim,fit.
  • Currently: Still raiding open fridges and freezers.
As soon as Spyra had placed Ray in his own tent, the nightmares began. Ray began shifting in his sleep, unconsciously fighting with the monsters of his dreams. Of these nightmares, this could be said. [/size]
Ray found himself alone, wandering a flat, dark dreamscape. Cobblestones jutted haphazardly from the weedy dirt, often catching the young raccoon’s foot. He tried to light a lamp, but found himself lacking the lamp entirely. Thinking he may have dropped it, Ray turned and froze. A titanic creature, one made of bone and rot, had been stalking the dreamer. Upon its discovery, the skeleton creature gave chase, bellowing an unholy roar. Ray ran, hard and fast, shedding his equipment for the sake of speed.
Not that it mattered. The huge beast closed in, snatched up the small raccoon, and gave him a horrible grin. Then it brought Ray to its mouth, making to consume him. In its mouth, Ray could see the faces of those from the town. All were screaming. [
Then Ray awoke with a shout. He looked around at the tent’s interior, briefly forgetting he wasn’t in town anymore. He wasn’t sure how long he had slept, but knew he would get no more on his current state. Ray crawled out of the tent again and clumsily stumbled over to Spyra, sitting down beside her. [

It was obvious Ray was no longer comfortable sleeping alone.
Spyra sighed, looking down to Ray, she had forgotten how different she was from 'mortal' beings. "I think we've had enough for a day why don't we all Rest and start again in the morning..."The white wolf said, mentally tired of what had transpired, more than physically tired.
Uhh..Lord I didn't train to be a pilot. Tell me I don't have any more flying to do today.........................  Amen. ~ 'Dutch' Halo3 ODST.

We all go through peroids of darkness. In such times we can turn to the Lord, but it's good to have friends ~  Joshua Graham , Fallout New Vegas, Honest Hearts.

When people are lost they turn to the man who  acts like he knows the way out,  when the truth is he knows less than them. ~ John McMillan Original War

"Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself" -Unknown.

"I guess irony can be pretty ironic sometimes" ~William Shatter, Airplane II 

Credits: Alesssia pictures by JackThorn/Tomas13

Offline Tristan Foxalot

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
Tristan would have joined the group by the fire just as Viktor stared into the camp's flames, recounting the tales of destruction on a level that would grasp hold of the fox knight's attention, Tristan looking over to listen to the Death Knight as he would describe the power of this unnamed villain. A tale that felt all too familiar for Tristan, the fox looking away from the Death Knight as his own memories would rise to the surface, memories of a distant past that was as alien to him as if they were horror stories told to children to scare them into obedience. If those memories were real, all too real, and Tristan's mind wandered in the dark for a moment. But his mind would refocus just as Viktor's words turned more romantic, Tristan looking over only to see him speaking these words to Atauri, and Tristan saw how Atauri ate up every word just from the look in her eyes. The Fox Knight simmered in some measure of jealousy, a competitiveness starting to bubble to the surface.

But then Tristan heard of Vulkest, a name heard before, though what truly won Tristan's attentions was the mention that Vulkest could stabilise this world. Could that mean...?

"I'm sorry, but how could this Vulkest ever be able to stabilise this world?" Tristan would say, keeping his voice level but at edge of accusation crept in, "No one has that power. No one but a God. Or a Guardian."

Offline XIII

• Furries Savior
  • Boisterous Bear
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Awards
Indeed, the night elf listened to Viktor's words very mindfully as each of his spoken words slowly reveals his soul pain. The story the wolf told was interesting indeed and Atauri assumed it wasn't the end. As Vulkest said, she needs to get familiar with the Death Knight slightly better. However, being somewhat impressed and shocked at the same time, the sorceress couldn't pronounce a single word. The elf Viktor mentioned made her want to meet Aldukaal personally. It seems, that the idea of elven supremacy had overtaken his mind as the power he got was powerful for real. The elf knew about the Voice during her wandering over Azeroth and Nirn. Unfortunately, the sharp-eared didn't know anyone with such power. Such a mey! Betrayer of elven kind. How dare Aldukaal was to go against his own people? Now it is a personal issue between the two. And Atauri would enjoy the role of executioner, should she face the person who doesn't deserve to be the one of her kind.

"Not Vulkest. From what he told me, I guess it's Viktor's role. Or seems to be.". Atauri said slowly watching into the wolf in the way like he was a ghost or wasn't present here. It was meaning, that Atauri's mind was focused on something different, and namely the wolf's story. He was telling things exactly what Vulkest had asked but there was one thing the she-elementalist wanted to know for sure. "You should know about? No. It's rather me whom Vulkest had asked to get to know you slightly better. Its Aldukaal from who you were running for three centuries, isn't?"

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Battle Alert! Go shields up and weapons hot!
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Tiger
  • Coloring: Inverted fur pattern (black with white stripes)
  • Height: 6'7"
  • Weight: 250 lbs
  • Build: Muscular, but not overly so
  • Currently: Trying to find the drive to continue my original work.
"Yes," Viktor admitted with a solemn nod. "For three centuries, I've evaded him by running from him and by hiding from him. But there are nights when clarity comes crashing in, and I realize that I can't run from him forever. Sooner or later, I will have to face him. And I dread the day I do. It's true - before I met you, I wanted to die. But not like that - dying, only to be used as fuel for a monster. Nobody deserves that. As for Vulkest..." Viktor shifted his gaze to Tristan. "... Vulkest was one of the guardians of this world. To my knowledge, he vanished just after the onset of the Purge. Most believe him dead. Yet, at the temple, I saw him. He knows we're looking for him. He wants us to find him. Why? I wish I knew. But as a Guardian, he could stabilize this world... and maybe give me something I can use against Aldukaal."
"The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural..." --Darth Sidious

"Being a soldier isn't just following orders - it's following those orders while in the service of a higher cause. When that cause is betrayed, we aren't soldiers anymore; just pieces on a chess board, dying for the wrong reasons." --Unknown

A Klingon wears their emotion on his or her sleeve - when they're happy, you'll hear it; sad, you'll see it; angry, you'll fear it.

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
  • Chased by the fires of passion
    • Awards
  • Species: Raccoon
  • Coloring: Royal purple, save for two teardrop shaped gray patches on his chin, which runs to his collarbone, and the lower part of his abdomen.
  • Height: Varies
  • Weight: Varies
  • Build: Lanky
  • Currently: Pretty happy.
Ray, too young to understand the conversation, simply stared into the fire and listened. His father did not put much faith in the Guardians, believing more in his own paws and elder gods. And as such, Ray top believed in these gods, and not the Guardians. He looked up at Spyra, studying her face for a minute before looking to Tristan. The knight had drawn the young raccoon’s interest. Edwin had always spoken of his time as a knight, of wandering the world and helping those in need. Of sword fights in far off lands, far from the forest and town that Ray was used to. Perhaps he would get stories from this knight, too.

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • BEHOLD THE POWER OF MY...Rubber sword?
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Folf (Hybrid Fox Wolf)
  • Coloring: Dark Blue, Light Blue
  • Weight: WHA!?!?
  • Build: Slim,fit.
  • Currently: Still raiding open fridges and freezers.
Spyra stayed near, Ray but overheard the conversation. "So are you gonna all sleep or do we go ahead and look for this Vulkest?" The she-wolf asked, as if she had no idea who Vulkest is. As the night went on she would do nothing by stare out at the starry sky, wondering what would happen if she didn't save this world.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2019, 07:36:28 PM by Alessia Starfurr »
Uhh..Lord I didn't train to be a pilot. Tell me I don't have any more flying to do today.........................  Amen. ~ 'Dutch' Halo3 ODST.

We all go through peroids of darkness. In such times we can turn to the Lord, but it's good to have friends ~  Joshua Graham , Fallout New Vegas, Honest Hearts.

When people are lost they turn to the man who  acts like he knows the way out,  when the truth is he knows less than them. ~ John McMillan Original War

"Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself" -Unknown.

"I guess irony can be pretty ironic sometimes" ~William Shatter, Airplane II 

Credits: Alesssia pictures by JackThorn/Tomas13

Offline Tristan Foxalot

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
A Guardian. The word leaving Viktor's mouth turned Tristan's blood to ice. "A... Guardian." Tristan muttered, his demeanor changing with a mix of many conflicting emotions, before Tristan shook his head and looking away as his mind processed what he has been told, "That's... not possible. The Guardians are a myth. They... could not possibly... exist, but if they did... if they do then..."

The knight's mind would race at the very idea that Viktor is in the process of hunting down a Guardian right now. Could it really be true, or has Viktor been fooled by a charlatan? The possibility was simply too good to pass up, for this might be his chance, a chance to find the being that could help him. That could set him free. And all he must do is follow Viktor until he leads Tristan straight to this Guardian. If the Guardian is false, as is all too likely to be true, then Tristan can live with the disappointment. But if this Guardian is true, then this journey could solve everything, finding this creature could solve everything. A resolve builds within Tristan, a look of certainty coming over him, and his whole body firms with conviction. Tristan will follow Viktor, wherever he might go, and when they finally find this Guardian, then Tristan will have his chance to claim the freedom he so long sought.

"Where do we need to go to find this Guardian of yours?" Tristan asks as he turns back to Viktor, his gaze firm and unyielding, "Do you know?"

Offline Sohdakin

• Avid Aardvark
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Dragon
Jofan was probably one of the few that actually took Spyra's advice and curled up near the fire to get some rest.  He had been traveling for better part of the day to catch up to the group as the old bear had indicated that the dragon should make haste to reach the group. "Bah, Guardians no myth.  Why else fools kill dragons?" he asked as he eyed Tristan directly.  He would not wait for the Vulpine to answer as he stifled a yawn, his maw opening wide before clapping shut. "Wolf right, best rest.  No good fight tired, quick to dead" he hummed and closed his eyes to get some sleep.