The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Coming Catastrophe: The Search For The Guardians.(We were a bunch of idiots!  (Read 27826 times)

Offline Tristan Foxalot

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 3 years
  • This Profile is Shut Down
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Black with white accents
Tristan followed the party from behind, keeping close enough for the group to see him perched on his horse but not close enough to converse with, the knight's mind racing over what happened at the temple. How did the Defiler find him? It should have been impossible. But something drew the God's attention, and Tristan supposed it could have something to do with whatever spooked everyone else to run like they did. Tristan's mind was distracted by the Defiler back at the temple. If something happened, he does not know what, but little does that matter now. The Defiler has found him, and He will be looking for Tristan everywhere now.

The knight would draw closer to the group as they stop, hearing Viktor's final words to stop and rest, along with Ray's mutterings to his mother. "This would be a good place to stop." Tristan says, his voice still dry and hoarse, "There is a river nearby we can use. If you would all excuse me, I think I will make use of that river now."

Without waiting for another word, Tristan turns Midnight towards the sound of the river and drives her towards it, leaving the party behind to find a river close by, taking Midnight up to the waters edge before finally dismounting, dropping to his knees at the river bank and staring out into the rushing waters, his throat still aching. And yet, if he took a drink of this water, it would taste like piss. Despite that, he knows he needs to drink, he knows he will dehydrate if he doesn't, and so, unfastening the leather belts of his gauntlets to let free his trembling hands, Tristan reaches his hands down into the water before cupping them and bringing a sample of the water up to his muzzle. And, sure enough, the water could not be more vile, the taste making Tristan sick to the stomach and urging him to vomit, but he forced himself to drink, forced down a mouthful, and then it came back up; the knight leaning over the water's edge as he violently empties his stomach of it's contents and there's little he can do about it.

Now his whole body is shaking, leant over the river, staring down at the water as the waters clear beneath him, panting hard as he throat burned, Tristan even started to sweat, his mind starting to spin. He needs to drink, he knows he needs to drink, but after all these years of living a normal life he can no longer stomach the taste. He would have to learn to stomach it again, until his urges abate, until his throat clears. And it is not just water, but any drink. Food will taste like ash or rot too. There is only one thing he wants, one thing his body craves, and he has to keep himself from biting his own tongue.

Without further delay, Tristan starts to take off all the different pieces of his armor, from his arms and legs and torso, and then he starts to strip himself of his wooden clothes underneath, taking everything off until he was as bare as the day he was born, before he stepped into the river, to clean himself of all the muck and sweat that clung to his fur from this day. Tristan waded out into the river until the waters came up to his hips, and he looked up at the darkening skies, seeing the sun dip lower and lower, hiding itself behind the trees on the other side of the river as the clouds turned a grim crimson. And Tristan has to swollow through his dry throat, trying to keep himself from thinking of what that red in the clouds reminds him.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2019, 12:07:55 AM by Tristan Foxalot »
I have shut down my profile. Apologies for any inconvenience, and have a good day. :)

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • BEHOLD THE POWER OF MY...Rubber sword?
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Folf (Hybrid Fox Wolf)
  • Coloring: Dark Blue, Light Blue
  • Weight: WHA!?!?
  • Build: Slim,fit.
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Still raiding open fridges and freezers.
Grumbling, Spyra sighed setting Ray down in a clearing somewhere in the woods, as she began to start making camp gathering  some  twigs and other wood to start a fire, after she had set down Rey, she had gathered enough wood for a small fire as before she started to setup camp using her magic later,  to add lumber to the fire, some sleeping mats and a small tent she created using a couple tree branches for Ray. Once everything was set up the she-wolf sorceress sat  near the fire and shut her eyes seemingly lost in meditation....
Uhh..Lord I didn't train to be a pilot. Tell me I don't have any more flying to do today.........................  Amen. ~ 'Dutch' Halo3 ODST.

We all go through peroids of darkness. In such times we can turn to the Lord, but it's good to have friends ~  Joshua Graham , Fallout New Vegas, Honest Hearts.

When people are lost they turn to the man who  acts like he knows the way out,  when the truth is he knows less than them. ~ John McMillan Original War

"Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself" -Unknown.

"I guess irony can be pretty ironic sometimes" ~William Shatter, Airplane II 

Credits: Alesssia pictures by JackThorn/Tomas13

Offline Sohdakin

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Dragon
Jofan looked among Viktor, Atauri and Spyra wondering what in the goddess's name was going on.  He figured that nobody answered him because they were wrapped up in their conversations that perhaps he missed more than just them traveling to these ruins.  Was he now an outsider?  The large dragon looked back to Tristan as the knight rode on his horse a bit behind the group, he was about to say something about the knight when he heard Atauri speak about forest sentinels. "Bah, why worry eh? No bother tree, tree no bother" he gruffed then winked at the elf, giving her a light pat as he walked past "This dragon fight good no? Come, purple elf with good company" he said as he looked over at Spyra, giving her a wink as he knew she was a good and reliable fighter.

The battledragon looked over to Viktor as he heard the Icewolf's staggered words, bringing a frown to the large dragon.  Normally he would not offer such but when Viktor stumbled and leaned against a tree he gruffed and slowly approached the wolf, though he paused when Viktor began speaking in Dragon-tongue.  "Mmmmm, when did you learn to speak Dragon?" he would reply in the ancient language of dragons.  Unlike his common, Jofan spoke clearly and precisely and not in choppy broken sentences. "Come now, let me carry you as you look like you are about to collapse and we still have a little ways to go before we can setup camp"  Jofan would wait for the Icewolf to give him the ok before he would kneel down and pick up Viktor with the utmost care.  He would carry the wolf to the clearing that Spyra had indicated was a good place to setup camp.  Gently he set Viktor back down against a tree near the clearing that Spyra was setting up a fire and would help her gather wood as well as rocks to contain the fire. 

Offline XIII

• Furries Savior
  • Boisterous Bear
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: alien
  • Currently: saves the Galaxy
Atauri wasn't entirely sure why they would need to stop right here and right now. She wasn't confident if they genuinely found in the ruins what they needed to find as that wizard speech was somewhat vague. Did he mean Vulkest? Did he know about him and hence wanted the group to discover him? If so, was that bear was himself or maybe he was Vulkest' friend? The more Atauri stays with the group and Viktor namely, the more questions she gets. It was an exciting moment because twenty years ago she was on her own and never had deep bonds with anyone. Yes, the utter role of an elf is to serve anthro creatures. But without being affected by anyone in particular. And this is what Atauri, her sisters and father have been doing since ever. Therefore, even spriggans respects elves provided no harm was done to the forest by them. But now she feels that she wasn't a mere servant of beastmen. It was a feeling, warming her from inside, making her sincerely happy with the gift of fate. And the funniest thing amidst all of this was the time passed. She knew Viktor only for a day, yet now the bond between was like they knew each other for years. Needless to say, both were having feelings toward both of them. It was a thing, Atauri didn't manage to achieve for centuries.

"Yeah, considering spriggans around, as Viktor suggested, a cave would be a good choice. Even if not bother spriggans, they still may see you as a treat. But I think I can deal with them.". The elf said, being a little surprised by Jofan's actions while she was walking along. It was a pretty lovely deed from him. And as the sorceress noted, Jofan was pretty cute and funny as for a dragon. And if Atauri could be as strong as the battledragon, she would carry the wolf on her own. Upon arrival, the night elf, seeing the group efforts to make a campfire, resolved to help. Using her elemental abilities, she pulled off rocks from the beneath of ground on the surface in the shape of an ideal-rounded circle. But without logs, the fire won't start, and the female wizard decided to help with that too. Before she went to look for wood, she added in Dovahzul. "Not a real surprise for a dragon-shifter; you can speak on Dovahzul with us if you want. Most of us understand it."

Collecting dry branches, the sorceress appeared from Tristan' behind. To not freak him out, the night elf takes a step to aside, so the vulpine knight can spot her. And Atauri has to admit, that being naked, Tristan looked pretty handsome. She doesn't even consider him as a threat now.

"Need help, pretty one? I was looking for a moment to talk with you, you know. I wanted to know why you had reacted so frisky when that bear had mentioned Guardians. I'm not the one who will judge you, so tell me your story. Because my role in this world to help creatures like Viktor and you, so here I'm.". Atauri said, taking a seat next to a river' shore. She didn't resolve to approach any closer as Tristan might want to be alone. But the daughter of the Forest Lord saw an excellent opportunity to get familiar with the blacky a little better. Just like Viktor, Atauri saw Tristan as an attractive person too. And who knows when she can get a moment to talk in the future. The crimson cloud that appeared made the sorceress frowned. It looked grim, but the elf didn't sense any threat yet.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2019, 07:07:35 PM by XIII »
Galactic Society site's owner, find me at https://galacticsocietyrp.jcink.net

I've left the TFF forever and won't return anytime soon.

Offline Tristan Foxalot

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
~~~ By the River ~~~

Tristan would startle a little at the sound of a voice behind, though it was not the idea that someone might follow him that disturbed him, but now that he became so absorbed by his thoughts that he did not expect it. The knight turned, seeing for himself who had come to spy on him, finding it to be the elf. Wading through the water, Tristan made his way over to the woman, his body raising out of the river as he draw closer until he emerged completely, standing dripping wet and naked before the elf, but nakedness did not bother the knight.

"You are awfully bold to come here while I make use of this river." Tristan would say in evasion to the elf's question, a dark smirk coming upon his face, laying his hands on his hips, "Come to enjoy the show, did you? Or perhaps you wish to join me..."
I have shut down my profile. Apologies for any inconvenience, and have a good day. :)

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Battle Alert! Go shields up and weapons hot!
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Tiger
  • Coloring: Inverted fur pattern (black with white stripes)
  • Height: 6'7"
  • Weight: 250 lbs
  • Build: Muscular, but not overly so
  • Currently: Trying to find the drive to continue my original work.
Viktor made no effort to resist Jofan as he was taken to the campfire. It took several seconds for Viktor's brain to register that Jofan spoke to him on Dovahzul. "Where I learned this language, I cannot remember. Much of my memory was lost when Arthas took me," he said in the same language. "I still don't have all the pieces back." He heaved a heavy, trembling sigh. "Few know this tongue," he continued. He paused, closing his eyes. "Vulkest... what do you want from me...?" he whispered. He was still shaking violently, and from his face, a small, icy tear fell, hardly noticeable unless was looking directly at him.
"The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural..." --Darth Sidious

"Being a soldier isn't just following orders - it's following those orders while in the service of a higher cause. When that cause is betrayed, we aren't soldiers anymore; just pieces on a chess board, dying for the wrong reasons." --Unknown

A Klingon wears their emotion on his or her sleeve - when they're happy, you'll hear it; sad, you'll see it; angry, you'll fear it.

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
  • Chased by the fires of passion
    • Awards
  • Species: Raccoon
  • Coloring: Royal purple, save for two teardrop shaped gray patches on his chin, which runs to his collarbone, and the lower part of his abdomen.
  • Height: Varies
  • Weight: Varies
  • Build: Lanky
  • Currently: Pretty happy.
Ray stumbled over to his tent with another hearty yawn, setting his sword, crossbow and pack to the side. He knelt before the tent, paws clasped before him. He whispered something in what sounded like gibberish. An old tongue, far older than even the father of Ray’s father. It was a prayer, to ancient powers Ray’s father believed in. With a nod, the little raccoon crawled into the tent. He fell asleep quickly, but it would be the nightmares that kept him awake. The destruction of his home, the town, the faces of the butcher, the baker, the smith and the old lady. They plagued his slumber, and after only a few minutes Ray would crawl out of the tent, make his way to Spyra and curl up next to her, where he would slowly drift into peaceful sleep.

Offline XIII

• Furries Savior
  • Boisterous Bear
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Awards
~~~ By the River ~~~

Atauri has bitted her lips seeing naked Tristan. And boy, he was handsome. Course, she saw nude creatures many times before but Tristan looked more beautiful. Maybe she will see Viktor as such one day and they both fall in love. But now the vulpine knight, or rather his body was literally begging the sorceress' mind to be petted. But the elementalist managed to deal with her burning desire to play dirty games with Tristan. And she wouldn't dare, knowing that she's Viktor's girl.

"Being alone in wood during the night ain't the best idea. And I don't like the crimson clouds. But I'm here to get familiar with you a little better. Because I have no idea how long we're supposed to be in the group and hence, I need to know everything about everyone as deep as possible. You and Viktor have a couple of things in common. You both have a past I love to see. And I'd like to help you clean after a rough day.". The sharp-eared said playfully smiling as well. She didn't intend to broke Viktor' heart, and her actions are having purely discovering purpose. Besides, the elf loved canines and foxes were her favorites.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2019, 07:21:06 AM by XIII »

Offline Tristan Foxalot

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
Tristan would grin at Atauri's playfulness, stepping over towards her and drawing so close, Tristan looking down upon her body cloaked in rich fabrics that settle beautifully over her, his hand reaching up to caress the soft folds of her clothes. "If you are to help me wash, you cannot do so wearing these." Tristan said, his eyes lifting to meet hers, a meaningful hunger grows within his bright blue eyes, "We do not want to ruin your clothes, do we? Slip them off before you join me. It would make us both much more comfortable."

With that said, and a teasing smile, Tristan steps away from the elf with a smirk before turning and proceeding to walk back into the river for her to follow. But as he turns, even with the darkening skies, Atauri would be able to see something on Tristan's back; a brand, burnt through his fur and singed against his skin, the brand formed into the insignia of two doves held back to back. One of the doves was bleached white, and the other a deep black.

The knight would talk deeper and deeper into the river, until the water was once again up to his waist, his back to the elf as he awaits her to follow him, Tristan turning back again with a grin before calling over, "Come now, it is too late to be shy. Join me, if you want to know me."

Offline XIII

• Furries Savior
  • Boisterous Bear
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Awards
~~~ By the River ~~~

"Clothes? Huh, I'd like to walk without it at all every single day. Being closer to nature, like most of the elves. But oh, these social requirements.". The elf said smirked and take off her clothes quickly with pleasure. It has exposed her purple body covered with different tattoos over her entire skin. Images of animals, words on Darnassian language and just random strips were adorning her body. And the interesting part of it was is that different anthro people societies made every picture on her skin.

People used to think that sharp-eared are the pinnacle of beauty and behavior. But Atauri was different - being beastmen's servant, sometimes she let herself be completely naked in a company of furries. Free of social norms and liberated by anthro people, Atauri wasn't a typical night elf. She still remembers her days with Vulperas and Worgens. The place, where being far away from civilization, everyone was naked as everyone was having fun, Atauri including. The sorceress doesn't care if she was a daughter of the strongest Darnassus's lord and highest priest of her homeworld. Beastmen and dragons happiness is what was a matter for her.

"What is the thing on your back? What does it mean?". She asked once joined the knight in the river and tilted her head out of curiosity. Still, the water in the river was a little cold, and to not get cold, using her elemental control, the witch wanted to make it warmer. A hot spring she sensed - this is what Atauri released, waved with her hand over the water' surface. It wasn't audible because of water, but soon the vulpine should feel it.

Offline Tristan Foxalot

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
~~~ By the River ~~~

Tristan's ears would twitch as he felt the water become warmer, feeling the current underneath drift in the warmth, and the telltale pressure of the air spoke of the use of magic. Tristan turned his head to the elf behind him, releasing a breath through his nose, and then he looked back to the darkening skies.

"That, on my back, is known as the Brand." Tristan says, "When someone grows to be the age of four in the Emerald Empire, my homeland, they are given the Brand. It is... an unpleasant experience... for more ways than one. But with it, one can connect to the Divine and the Defiler, and draw upon their power through the use of prayer and rituals. Without the Brand, I would be as everyone out here."

"So, are you going to wash me, or do you just want to stare?" Tristan teases, his tail brushing against Atauri's legs beneath the surface of the water, inviting her closer, "From what I have heard, my kind are highly prized for our fur. I have met the occasional hunter wanting to turn me into a coat. Go ahead, feel it. Do let me know if my fur is as rich and soft as people seem to believe."
« Last Edit: September 12, 2019, 08:26:55 PM by Tristan Foxalot »

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • BEHOLD THE POWER OF MY...Rubber sword?
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Folf (Hybrid Fox Wolf)
  • Coloring: Dark Blue, Light Blue
  • Weight: WHA!?!?
  • Build: Slim,fit.
  • Currently: Still raiding open fridges and freezers.
 With Atauri gone for the moment Spyra tended to Ray setting the sleeping racoon into his tent she turned around and approached Viktor her eyes glowing, as she began to speak in the Ancient Dragon language"What was that about?"She asked"What is powerful enough to spook you like that? I was close to finding an old friend before you awoke whatever it was." She finished seeming slightly irritated at the death knight wolf. She set her  hand to her head and headed off to tend to the fire, grumbling to herself...
Uhh..Lord I didn't train to be a pilot. Tell me I don't have any more flying to do today.........................  Amen. ~ 'Dutch' Halo3 ODST.

We all go through peroids of darkness. In such times we can turn to the Lord, but it's good to have friends ~  Joshua Graham , Fallout New Vegas, Honest Hearts.

When people are lost they turn to the man who  acts like he knows the way out,  when the truth is he knows less than them. ~ John McMillan Original War

"Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself" -Unknown.

"I guess irony can be pretty ironic sometimes" ~William Shatter, Airplane II 

Credits: Alesssia pictures by JackThorn/Tomas13

Offline XIII

• Furries Savior
  • Boisterous Bear
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Awards
~~~ By the River ~~~

"Sounds cruel. And... how much do you enjoy being the servant of those... Gods? As you may know, people using brands when they mark their slaves or livestock. And frankly, you don't look like any of them. At least for me.". Atauri said and by using her skills again, has extracted aloe' juice from the nearest bush and mixed with the water. Then the elf started to rub it into Tristan' back and wash him gently. It will make the fox odor a little fresh and should protect his back from local bugs for a while. Course, the river water couldn't be compared with hot springs in Feralas, but the elf thought that she could make the flow a little warmer.

"I hope their karma had punished those hunters hard so they will think twice next time before hunting down someone for a fur. The last time I met a hunter with the same purpose, I'd captured him and dragged to a wolf family whose son been murdered by him. It was a real pleasure to torture his soul and mind. And I'd surely do the same with any hunter who kills for fun or skin." The female wizard said calmly, enjoying the washing the fox. Tristan's fur was luxurious and soft as he mentioned. That's why the sharp-eared wanted to clean him lower. And she would admit, that murdering someone for their physical appearance was a sin for Atauri, standing on the same row with the killing of a dragon. Such persons were utter criminals, deserving of rotting on abandoned islands with the same people. "Mind if I wash you there? Besides, you haven't answered my question about Guardians, my dear. So tell me."
« Last Edit: September 12, 2019, 08:39:22 PM by XIII »

Offline Tristan Foxalot

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
"I do not serve the Gods." Tristan says with some bitterness edged into his voice, before adding, "As I told you, to draw the gaze of the Gods is a terrible thing to suffer. As my homeland suffers, as my kind suffers. I am just... connected with them... and I use their power only when I must."

Though the subject of serving the Gods had raised the fox's passions, Tristan started to calm as Atauri began to wash his back, even going so far as to close his eyes and embrace the gentle rubbings of the elf through his fur. It was a good feeling, to have another to do this for him, to have company after so long being alone in the world. It even somewhat abated some of his darker feelings, if only a little.

Upon hearing of Atauri's request, however, the fox would turn in his place, becoming face to face with the elf, and he would grin hungrily at her. "On this body, you can put her hands wherever you must." Tristan said, stepping toward the elf to draw himself close before he looked down upon her body, seeing all the intricate illustrations of different furred species on her body, and then Tristan looked up to meet her eyes meaningfully as his left gentling caressed her right arm, feeling her soft skin, "And what about me? Do I have the same privilege?"

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Battle Alert! Go shields up and weapons hot!
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Tiger
  • Coloring: Inverted fur pattern (black with white stripes)
  • Height: 6'7"
  • Weight: 250 lbs
  • Build: Muscular, but not overly so
  • Currently: Trying to find the drive to continue my original work.
"A good question... for a time when the others are present," Viktor told Spyra in that dragon tongue. "It's a story I'd prefer to go into only once. Suffice to say, there is a reason I fear that... creature, that... thing." Viktor breathed tremblingly, and his shakes still persisted. He murmured something in another language entirely, which was followed by a guttural, draconic thrum that came from him. Almost like the breath of an angry dragon stalking its prey - a prey that had wronged him in the past.
"The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural..." --Darth Sidious

"Being a soldier isn't just following orders - it's following those orders while in the service of a higher cause. When that cause is betrayed, we aren't soldiers anymore; just pieces on a chess board, dying for the wrong reasons." --Unknown

A Klingon wears their emotion on his or her sleeve - when they're happy, you'll hear it; sad, you'll see it; angry, you'll fear it.