The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Coming Catastrophe: The Search For The Guardians.(We were a bunch of idiots!  (Read 29268 times)

Offline XIII

• Furries Savior
  • Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: alien
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: saves the Galaxy
"So does it mean, that Aldukaal is responsible for what's going right now?". The elf asked, still watching in the same direction. Viktor's words about his death and her, who had prevented it, made her feel a little happy. Saving lives wasn't something new for a person like Atauri, who actually can cause a calamity with her abilities. Just like Aldukaal. But Viktor was very special. Amidst thousands of people who she met before, the wolf was the first who let the sorceress to bound her life with the Death Knight. Course, Tristan, and Jofan were the ones with who Atauri could spend her life too, provided her never met sir Horgus. But Viktor needs her a lot and elf knew it.

But then Tristan steps onto the territory of night elf' faith. Guardians have always taken a special place in a religion of purple-skinned creatures, even though it couldn't be called a religion per se. But at least Guardians were real living beings unlike ephemeral Gods of other believers. And because of this, unlike humans, night elves never fight with anyone because of religion. Because in need of Guardians' wisdom, her father, Lord Centarius, could go in the mountains. And there, on the top of the World, take a conversation with a dragon. Her father is dead, but the respect for Guardians was with her.

"As the dragon noted, Guardians not a myth. Night Elves are children of the First Guardian. As my father told me, all the power we had are from the Guardian. And I believe his words. And speaking of the Moon - you all can fall asleep right now. I'll stay for overwatch. Night elves are rarely sleeping because our bodies don't need it.". Katmai said and leaned against a tree, watching the fire too. Indeed, while other beings are relaxing during night hours, Atauri's kind doing the same by staying awake. They need only an hour of exposing their bodies under the Moonlight, and afterward, they're good to go.
Galactic Society site's owner, find me at https://galacticsocietyrp.jcink.net

I've left the TFF forever and won't return anytime soon.

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Battle Alert! Go shields up and weapons hot!
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Tiger
  • Coloring: Inverted fur pattern (black with white stripes)
  • Height: 6'7"
  • Weight: 250 lbs
  • Build: Muscular, but not overly so
  • Currently: Trying to find the drive to continue my original work.
"I know not where he actually is - just that he has several lairs on this world. One of them is beyond this forest. A cave over an underground ruin that has... sentimental value to him," Viktor said. He looked to Tristan. "But when we do see him, let me give you one piece of advice: Be honest. He holds knowledge far beyond your mortal years." Seeing the others turning in for the night, Viktor walked up behind Atauri. "You realize, if I sleep, I'll have nightmares," he told her. He stood next to her. "But I can't stay awake indefinitely. So if you hear me screaming or talking in my sleep... wake me up before it goes any further," he requested, before laying down near the fire, closing his eyes, and going to sleep. Moments later, a deep, rasping rumble could be heard at the camp. It was definitely draconic in origin, but what was strange was that it seemed to emanate from Viktor. His breathing matched the dragon rumbling's rhythm to a tee.

Perhaps Vulkest was not the only dragon here.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2019, 05:06:26 PM by Romulan_Furry »
"The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural..." --Darth Sidious

"Being a soldier isn't just following orders - it's following those orders while in the service of a higher cause. When that cause is betrayed, we aren't soldiers anymore; just pieces on a chess board, dying for the wrong reasons." --Unknown

A Klingon wears their emotion on his or her sleeve - when they're happy, you'll hear it; sad, you'll see it; angry, you'll fear it.

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
  • Chased by the fires of passion
    • Awards
  • Species: Raccoon
  • Coloring: Royal purple, save for two teardrop shaped gray patches on his chin, which runs to his collarbone, and the lower part of his abdomen.
  • Height: Varies
  • Weight: Varies
  • Build: Lanky
  • Currently: Pretty happy.
Ray looked up curiously at Spyra. He studied her face a moment before speaking. “My Dad new him. Vulkest.” He turned his attention to the fire, as he tried his best to remember. “Yeah...a good friend. He lived up on the hill. He helped Dad grow grapes in the warm seasons.” Unfortunately for the young raccoon, he was decidedly wrong. His father knew a hare by the name of Feycrest. Ray, due to this, was extremely confused. “Vulkest...he was a hare though. Coll, son of Vulkest, is the fastest runner I know. I hope he’s okay.” Ray sniffed, rubbed a tear from his eye and looked back up to Spyra. “C-Can...can we go home? N-Not town...but my house.” His eyes were wide, pleading fervently without voice.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2019, 07:32:57 AM by Rayleonarde »

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • BEHOLD THE POWER OF MY...Rubber sword?
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Folf (Hybrid Fox Wolf)
  • Coloring: Dark Blue, Light Blue
  • Weight: WHA!?!?
  • Build: Slim,fit.
  • Currently: Still raiding open fridges and freezers.
Spyra held her hand to her face contemplating Ray's request... "Why?" she asked. "We're here now and it's night time this isn't the best time to be moving around." Spyra replied, not exactly sure why the boy would want to go back to his house... She turned to look at Viktor and Ori, paying them a little attention ,but her focus was on Ray.
Uhh..Lord I didn't train to be a pilot. Tell me I don't have any more flying to do today.........................  Amen. ~ 'Dutch' Halo3 ODST.

We all go through peroids of darkness. In such times we can turn to the Lord, but it's good to have friends ~  Joshua Graham , Fallout New Vegas, Honest Hearts.

When people are lost they turn to the man who  acts like he knows the way out,  when the truth is he knows less than them. ~ John McMillan Original War

"Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself" -Unknown.

"I guess irony can be pretty ironic sometimes" ~William Shatter, Airplane II 

Credits: Alesssia pictures by JackThorn/Tomas13

Offline Tristan Foxalot

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 3 years
  • This Profile is Shut Down
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Black with white accents
Tristan is rather surprised to find out that Vulkest is so near, his chance to find a Guardian so near. Tristan got up, walking over to his horse as his head spun, laying himself down on a somewhat comfortable patch as he stared up at the stars while his mind raced. This could be his chance, one in a lifetime, a chance that, if true, he could not pass up. This could all be fake, of course. Atauri and Viktor and Spyra all lying or exaggerating or gripped by delusion, but if not, if this is all true and Tristan lets this moment slip through his claws, he could never forgive himself. A chance at freedom, true freedom, was worth any price. Any at all.

The vulpine knight would wait until everyone either had fallen asleep or become distracted, and then he made his move. He pulled himself up, back onto his feet, and quietly slipped off into the forests. What he is about to do is a gamble, a terrible risk, but, as stated before, true freedom is worth any price. Any price at all. The knight pushes into the forests, listening, smelling, feeling the pulse of life all around him, sinking his mind into instincts he has not indulged in a very long time, until he finally catches the scent. The scent of prey. And his throat throbbed.

And he soon found them. Bandits. Hated scum that no one will miss. Perfect prey.

There was a group of them, five standing or sitting around a fire, each one of them dividing their time between keeping watch and swilling away whatever food or booze they murdered others to take. A few were anthros, a fox and wolf and cat, while the others were human. Not that it mattered. They were all prey now. But Tristan cannot take them all on, not right now. He just needs one to separate from the herd, and then the others would be no challenge. There is a prayer for just such an occasion, a little bit of mind control, but Tristan would much rather not call upon the power of his old master. He will have to do this the old fashioned way, quietly and patiently, but he will soon get his chance eventually. And soon enough, the wolf rose and stepped away from the others, and Tristan moves in for the kill.

It has been too long since he did this, since he hunted, but the old techniques soon return to him. Moving quietly, silently, disturbing not a thing as he draws close, so close that he can almost taste the wolf's musk in the air, only the sound of a gentle stream the only thing that Tristan focuses on, before, in one quick motion, the wolf is grabbed from behind, hand over mouth grappling the wolf to the ground. And then, almost without thought, Tristan brought his muzzle to the wolf's neck before sinking his fangs into his flesh.

Blood. Warm, rich blood filled his mouth, the taste and feel of it almost eye-watering. A part of him, a small part, cried out for him to stop, to resist, that the freedom he craves is not worth this atrocity. But, with one gulp, the voice was gone. With another, energy pulsed through his body. And with every mouthful after, Tristan grew stronger and stronger, the power he once commanded now slowly returning to him; his muscles expanding and his strength doubling, clutching the wolf so tight that he was crushing him. Not that the wolf resisted. He just lay there, dazed and lost, a mere shell serving no purpose than to skate Tristan's thirst.

Only once Tristan had sapped the wolf of every drop did he finally get go, a vaguely wolf-shaped sack of meat and bone dropping to the forest floor, Tristan gasping for breath as he doubling over, energy runing through his body, a powerful mix of pleasure and pain coursing through every inch of him. Then, wit sudden burst of excruciating pain, Tristan ripped his armor from his torso before the pain became so great as to force him to howl to the top of his lungs, pain originating from his back. And he knew what it was before he even saw looked.

His wings. An old gift given to him from his old master, the Defiler. And Tristan had many gifts from his master, but none so meaningful as the Wings of the Dove, the holiest symbol of the twin Gods that there ever were.

Tristan panted on all fours, slowly pulling himself up after a time, standing on shaky legs as he looked to his wings, flexing him and feeling them for the first time since... since his downfall. It's a strange feeling, to have limbs back that were lost a long time ago, but just feeling the wing run through his feathers brought back all those years of experience with them. Some things you can never forget, not matter how hard you try to.

Suddenly, the rustling of the trees and the shouts of men would pull Tristan back to reality, realising the bandits have heard him and are now after him. His nerves steady, and his throat throbs angrily again, still not yet sated. He would feed until not a drop could be squeezed between them, and, perhaps, by taking their lives he might save others from harm. And with that thought, as the scum burst through the trees, Tristan rises himself up into the air with his wings before swooping down upon them, showing no mercy.

~~~

The vulpine finally returned to the stream, the one near camp, looking at the moon's light reflected in the water before looking up to see the great white moon shining big and brilliant in the dark clear night. Tristan was covered in blood, but that is why he is here, to wash it all away again. Just as he did mere hours ago, he pulled off his armor and striped himself naked, before stepping into the water until the river lapped at his waist

Tristan was bigger now, which is only truly noticeable when he is not wearing his armor. His muscles now broader, stronger, and more prominent; giving him an athletic look that he did not have before. Not to mention his wings, tall and strong, having a broad wingspan, coloured mostly black but each feather adorned with a delicate white tip, matching the colouring of his fur

Drawing water up into his hands, pouring it over his body, his arms and face and torso, the water started to turn a sinister dark red all around him, the river's current washing the red away downstream. And Tristan continued to wash himself until all traces of his sin were gone. Tristan even tasted the water, and it was better now. Much better. Sweet and fresh, so clean and pure that it was almost magical. Now with his hunger sated, all the beauty of the world is open to him again, the water feeling comfortably cool through his fur, the air sweetened with the smells of trees and flowers, the slight nip of the cool night's breeze fondling his fur. It's wonderful to feel this again, all the small pleasures he has been muted to that everyone else takes for granted, that his starvation had cost him but now he has it all back again.

Tristan could not help but enjoy this moment, closing his eyes and listening to the sounds of the forest and river and wind, soaking up the peace and levity and gentle stirrings of power now flowing through his body. If only all life could be like this.
I have shut down my profile. Apologies for any inconvenience, and have a good day. :)

Offline XIII

• Furries Savior
  • Boisterous Bear
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Awards
Atauri had accepted her duty for guarding Viktor without a single word. But when the young raccoon mentioned Vulkest, the night elf couldn't resist. It was an excellent chance to know about Vulkest a little more. The father of the striped one was a lucky person with a Guardian as his neighbor. Maybe if the sorceress could have a house living next to a Guardian, she might never go anywhere and spend the rest of her life for him only. But now that place is taken by Viktor and Atauri was incredibly grateful for it. After years of fighting with evil and solving strange, mysterious things, she feels like she needs a break from her constant giving the business. Albeit some wars are invisible to the eyes of living beings — the wars in higher worlds. Her mind is resourceful but not endless.

"What else the young one knows about Vulkest? Because as I see, even Viktor doesn't know too much about the Guardian.". The night elf asked, noticing Tristan's leaving. Where did he go? The elf knew that she was about to spend this night together with the tod, but because of the Death Knight, it may not happen today. But it was just a single day, and maybe tomorrow they could get a chance to get familiar with each other a little better. So the young sorceress relaxed next to Viktor, gently touching him with her shoulder. His snoring wasn't a problem for her at all, more like music. She didn't need to sleep. A happy moment that didn't last for too long.

When the sharp-eared entered a well-relaxed state, her mind has immediately started to listen to the spirit world. It was another reason why she didn't sleep too much. Because in a magical place, or the one filled with arcane creatures, she could sense and hear spirits. It's not a gift Atauri enjoys as evil spirits can talk with her too. They even can possess you as necromancers do sometimes in their sinister rituals. But this time, her mind somehow was able to connect with a vision of a dark Spriggan. But it was more like an ability to see to what's the creature was seeing with its eyes. The she-elementalist figured it out because other Spriggans were around as well. The dark, almost scorched tree-like beings walking somewhere. Then they all started to whisper murmuring, pointing in some direction. The point of interest was a strange flying creature in the sky, but it wasn't a dragon or a griffin because of its size. Atauri was aware of other things like gargoyles or harpies, but as she knew, this region never has had any of them. So what is that creature was? However, not the bandits Tristan slaughtered were a real threat in this forest. It was much worse. Something that Atauri faced once with, hoping never to see it.

A strange, white fog started to appear slowly somewhere from the wood' depths. Afterward, a neigh could be heard, but since Atauri's other senses remained with her, the elf could listen to it too. Just like everyone else in the group. But it wasn't a neigh of a typical horse, more like a demonic one. After a couple of moments, a knight appeared riding his horse. He was a bit far from the position where the Spriggan was standing. But one detail Atauri could able to make out - the horseman was without his head. Was that bear forgot to tell them that this forest is cursed? Two hundred years ago, Atauri was in this wood for a day. It's been the time when she was trying to cleanse the legacy of the Scourge around Tamuzan, many of which Azeroth remember nowadays. In an attempt to solve a mystery of disappearing people, the elf was able to stop the constant kidnapping by satisfying the ghost's needs. All of them are tormented souls, after all. And now the knight returns once again. But was it the same one? And most important - what a goal he chasing? Atauri couldn't be sure. And this is what made her concern.

"We're not alone here. Have you ever heard about a legend of the Headless Horseman? Well, it's not a legend anymore.". Atauri said, interrupting her spiritual link with the forest spirit. Then the elf started to getting on her feet and getting ready to take a fight. If Viktor wanted to know who Atauri actually is, the moment was just perfect.

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
The local disturbances caused Viktor to awaken, and he immediately kicked himself up and drew his blades. "And people wonder why I never sleep..." Viktor growled. "Did I miss something?" His eyes locked onto the creature in the mist, and he scoffed. He'd faced things easily more terrifying than that before. Still, he readied himself in his combat stance for battle.
"The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural..." --Darth Sidious

"Being a soldier isn't just following orders - it's following those orders while in the service of a higher cause. When that cause is betrayed, we aren't soldiers anymore; just pieces on a chess board, dying for the wrong reasons." --Unknown

A Klingon wears their emotion on his or her sleeve - when they're happy, you'll hear it; sad, you'll see it; angry, you'll fear it.

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Royal purple, save for two teardrop shaped gray patches on his chin, which runs to his collarbone, and the lower part of his abdomen.
Ray shook his head. “N-Not now. I-In the morning, when we all-” He turned to face Viktor when he stood. Ray blanched when swords were drawn, and stood shakily. There was no way he’d last in a fight, evidenced by just how he held his sword. The tip of the blade drug the earth, and the young raccoon already looked tired, his shoulders slumped and his head lolling slightly. He shook his head, held his sword higher, but nearly fell backwards from the effort. All the while, he shook with fear and fatigue.

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
Spyra held her hand to her head as Ray tried to lift his sword, then put it down and walked over to Ray. "Maaaybe you should stick in the back" Spyra began "don't you have a bow or a cross bow?" she asked. "let me see it."
Uhh..Lord I didn't train to be a pilot. Tell me I don't have any more flying to do today.........................  Amen. ~ 'Dutch' Halo3 ODST.

We all go through peroids of darkness. In such times we can turn to the Lord, but it's good to have friends ~  Joshua Graham , Fallout New Vegas, Honest Hearts.

When people are lost they turn to the man who  acts like he knows the way out,  when the truth is he knows less than them. ~ John McMillan Original War

"Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself" -Unknown.

Offline XIII

• Furries Savior
  • Boisterous Bear
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Awards
The next scene was way weirder than the appearing of the Horseman. The ghost stopped at a distance of two hundred meters. Atauri saw that the headless rider was holding something to throw, and that thing was burning. On another hand, the distance between her and the ghost was too considerable for an attack. it would be ineffective. A reason to use her defensive abilities was also in question. In both cases, it would likely cause some damage to the forest what the sorceress wanted to avoid. Mostly because this piece of the land was cursed. But the she-elementalist didn't need to do anything as the horseman faded away in the same manner as he appeared. What has stopped him from attacking the group or what frightened him - Atauri couldn't say. But she bet that the restless spirit could sense a Guardian presence, which made the group invisible for him. The last time the sorceress encountered the headless, she was almost alone (not together with a Guardian anyway). So the mystery continues.

"Not too much I think. Why he has gone tho?". The elf said, relaxing. However, Atauri seemed relaxed only physically. Inside her mind, she was still anxious about what Atauri has seen. What was the winged creature she saw while she was linked with a Spriggan mind? But probably that is why the purple-skinned couldn't hear birds. Too many spooky events occur here and Nature feels that. "We better move on now or right after the Sunrise. This forest is cursed. If I could be alone, I'd purge this place.".

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
"I would advise after sunrise," Viktor suggested. "Too many things roam the night for us to wander through the forest, even in a group." He sheathed his swords. "Wake me up in an hour; I'll take the next watch." Viktor shot Atauri a look that would tell her what his words would not: Be safe, keep your eyes open - I do not like being in this place. Then, he laid back down, closed his eyes, and again, that draconic rumble came from him as he slept.

Wouldn't be more than ten minutes before he started muttering in his sleep, speaking Dovahzul: "I remember... nothing... I... can't remember... what do you... want from... me? ... Not your... I see..." It was almost as though he were carrying on a conversation, but there was no indication with whom. One phrase would stand out among all the things he said: "... A son? No wonder... what... what can I... do?"

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
Ray relaxed, but still attempted to hand over his crossbow. While unslinging the crossbow, Ray dropped his sword and, when trying to pick up the sword, dropped his bow. The thing landed with a clatter, the bolt flew free into the woodland, and the arms broke as the string shot forward. Ray, in his sleep-deprived stupor, looked down at the crossbow, confused, and muttered. "Whoops."

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
Spyra sighed, using her magic to pull the bolt towards her, leaning down she set it into the ground sticking the head into the dirt so it wouldn't move. She then picked up the Bow and her hands began to glow just like before with the sword the crossbow magically returned to it's once former state , being repaired completely and looking like it was just made, hadning the bow back to Ray she pulled the bolt out of the ground ,cleaning it off before she handed it to Ray.

Offline XIII

• Furries Savior
  • Boisterous Bear
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Awards
Once Viktor lay down himself on the ground, Atauri sat down next to him. She was wondered for a bit why the wolf needed to go on watch. The night elf can stay awake for the entire night. It's still a week before the enchantress will fall asleep for a day. But the purple-skinned didn't say anything. Instead, she decided to meditate. If something dangerous can be dare to approach them, she will know it. Moreso, meditation increases her senses, and because she has nothing to do at the moment, the elf proceeded. Atauri could deal with Viktor snoring perfectly fine, goblins' one is much worse. Then happened what the sorceress couldn't predict. Elves are magic-talented, but sometimes Atauri thinks, that's everything but not an advantage.

During her meditation, she saw only the dark. But slowly, it turned into white light. Like she was in clouds with no bottom below. Afterward, the elf started to hear Viktor's voice and someone else. After some moments, the she-wizard has recognized it - that another voice belonged to Vulkest. It was impossible not to remember it. Yet there was another surprise - in Viktor's dreamscape, Atauri had no physical body. A spirit like the one he usually talks to. Could two dragons sense her? She wanted to figure it out. After all, Centarius' daughter has no intentions here but only listening to the conversation of two.

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
Spyra sighed hangin Ray back his crossbow and knelt down, the spell haveing sapped her energy...