The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Coming Catastrophe: The Search For The Guardians.(We were a bunch of idiots!  (Read 27831 times)

Offline XIII

• Furries Savior
  • Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: alien
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: saves the Galaxy
*** Dreamscape ***

The sorceress was mute until Vulkest said everything he wanted. Atauri was surprised by both moments - Vulkest's son and the fact that he has chosen her to help the Guardian' offspring. Before she met Viktor, people around the elven wizard are usually dying. Her affairs and specialization are the cause. And for some reason, meeting with the Death Knight has stopped these horrible events. That's why the sharp-eared hoped that it would continue further until Vulkest's son isn't safe. It wasn't the first time when such responsibility is being granted to the purple-skinned lady. Yet obtaining a request from a Guardian directly is a gesture of honor. Or maybe because she's Viktor's friend and hence, Vulkest trusts her in the same way as he trusts Viktor. Regardless, the she-wizard was ready to perform her duty to the end by all costs.

"As you wish, lord Guardian. I'll do everything in my power.". The elf said and bowed slightly, right before Spyra's mystical poof. It was another surprise for the current session. The she-elementalist remembers that Spyra once appeared during a spiritual talk with Vulkest. So her ability to enter dreamscapes wasn't a question. However, Atauri has had a good reason to present in Viktor's mind. What the purple-orange dragon was doing here, the sorceress wanted to know. "Spyra? What are you doing here?"
Galactic Society site's owner, find me at https://galacticsocietyrp.jcink.net

I've left the TFF forever and won't return anytime soon.

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Battle Alert! Go shields up and weapons hot!
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Tiger
  • Coloring: Inverted fur pattern (black with white stripes)
  • Height: 6'7"
  • Weight: 250 lbs
  • Build: Muscular, but not overly so
  • Currently: Trying to find the drive to continue my original work.
*** Dreamscape ***

Silence ensued with Spyra's appearance in her dragon form. But Vulkest's reaction was unexpected: His jaw dropped, the color drained from his face, and he looked as though he'd seen a ghost. He stared at Spyra, tears welling up in his eyes, and he struggled to speak, "S... Spyra? Is... is that you? After all these years... how? How?! HOW ARE YOU STILL ALIVE?!"
"The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural..." --Darth Sidious

"Being a soldier isn't just following orders - it's following those orders while in the service of a higher cause. When that cause is betrayed, we aren't soldiers anymore; just pieces on a chess board, dying for the wrong reasons." --Unknown

A Klingon wears their emotion on his or her sleeve - when they're happy, you'll hear it; sad, you'll see it; angry, you'll fear it.

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • BEHOLD THE POWER OF MY...Rubber sword?
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Folf (Hybrid Fox Wolf)
  • Coloring: Dark Blue, Light Blue
  • Weight: WHA!?!?
  • Build: Slim,fit.
  • Currently: Still raiding open fridges and freezers.
"I've lived among the mortals for years, Vulkest, I dunno what you saw ,but apparently I made it out alive or I was reincarnated, you know for  fact all guardians are immortal." Spyra replied simply
Uhh..Lord I didn't train to be a pilot. Tell me I don't have any more flying to do today.........................  Amen. ~ 'Dutch' Halo3 ODST.

We all go through peroids of darkness. In such times we can turn to the Lord, but it's good to have friends ~  Joshua Graham , Fallout New Vegas, Honest Hearts.

When people are lost they turn to the man who  acts like he knows the way out,  when the truth is he knows less than them. ~ John McMillan Original War

"Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself" -Unknown.

"I guess irony can be pretty ironic sometimes" ~William Shatter, Airplane II 

Credits: Alesssia pictures by JackThorn/Tomas13

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
  • Chased by the fires of passion
    • Awards
  • Species: Raccoon
  • Coloring: Royal purple, save for two teardrop shaped gray patches on his chin, which runs to his collarbone, and the lower part of his abdomen.
  • Height: Varies
  • Weight: Varies
  • Build: Lanky
  • Currently: Pretty happy.
*The Forest*
Ray nodded and drew another bolt, handing both to Tristan. As the vulpine knight took the bow and bolt, the young raccoon realized he hadn’t introduced himself. “I-I’m Ray. Ray Blackburn. What’s your name?” He hoped that the knight saw him as a friend, and not just a child.

Offline Tristan Foxalot

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 3 years
  • This Profile is Shut Down
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Black with white accents
*** In the forests ***

"Alarin." Tristan said, his mind occupied with the task of drawing the bowstring back before locking it in place and laying the bolt in the slot, then he realised his mistake, looking to the boy uncertainly, "Or, I used to go by that name. A long time ago. Now I am Tristan. Just Tristan."

"Here." Tristan said, offering the crossbow back to Ray as they continue to walk, following the trail, "The deer will not be far."
I have shut down my profile. Apologies for any inconvenience, and have a good day. :)

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
*** Dreamscape ***

The tears were already flowing for Vulkest. "I grieved for you!!!" Vulkest shouted, his voice echoing through the dreamscape. "Ten years, I grieved for you, and you were never dead!" In a complete turnaround, he rubbed his head against Spyra in a clear sign of affection. "You don't know how hard it was for me to tell our son why he'll never see his mother... dancing around the question ahd giving half-answers that only tell part of the story; he's a smart kid. He keeps questioning it. And he has his father's temper. I already lost you, I didn't want to lose him to a fit of rage when he found out what the people here did to his mother... what I thought they did to you."

Viktor took up position next to Atauri. He leaned toward her ear and asked quietly, "Hon... did things just get better, or worse?"
« Last Edit: November 26, 2019, 04:28:37 AM by Romulan_Furry »
"The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural..." --Darth Sidious

"Being a soldier isn't just following orders - it's following those orders while in the service of a higher cause. When that cause is betrayed, we aren't soldiers anymore; just pieces on a chess board, dying for the wrong reasons." --Unknown

A Klingon wears their emotion on his or her sleeve - when they're happy, you'll hear it; sad, you'll see it; angry, you'll fear it.

Offline XIII

• Furries Savior
  • Boisterous Bear
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Awards
*** Dreamscape ***

Vulkest' shout forced Atauri to cringe and close her eyes for a little as she was pretty sensitive to sound. But even with his rant, Vulkest talked to Spyra like they're an old family. With its history and traditions. A thing that Atauri never experienced such a feeling and thought, it's only for better. Folks like her should never have a family life because of her job. It's dangerous, strange, and not for people with weak nervous systems. Yet, Atauri didn't comment on anything on Viktor's friend's speech. The elven sorceress has a habit of vital things during a conversation. You'd say it's manners.

"I'm not sure. They're talking like a wife and husband. But hey, since when your mind became a place for family negotiations? You have to rest, y'know.". The purple-skinned responded calmly with a bit of sorrow in her voice first, and then it became a little joyful. Like she regretted not having a family for such a long time. And at the same time, somebody who would agree to live with Atauri might get a terrible fate. Afterward, they set themselves on a stranded island where no one lives. Yes, this is how hunters for a supernatural evil usually end their lives.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2019, 08:09:05 AM by XIII »

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
*** Dreamscape ***
"Well you thought wrong or they thought wrong, either way I'm here now, we can gush emotions over it or move on. I'm sad to say we might not have much time...." Spyra replied.
Uhh..Lord I didn't train to be a pilot. Tell me I don't have any more flying to do today.........................  Amen. ~ 'Dutch' Halo3 ODST.

We all go through peroids of darkness. In such times we can turn to the Lord, but it's good to have friends ~  Joshua Graham , Fallout New Vegas, Honest Hearts.

When people are lost they turn to the man who  acts like he knows the way out,  when the truth is he knows less than them. ~ John McMillan Original War

"Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself" -Unknown.

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Royal purple, save for two teardrop shaped gray patches on his chin, which runs to his collarbone, and the lower part of his abdomen.
*The Forest*
Ray took the crossbow with a nod of thanks. The crimson trail caught his eye, and the young raccoon followed it closely, shouldering the weapon. A few minutes of tracking later, and Ray dropped low into the bushes, his quarry naught but forty yards away, grazing on weeds and grass. Bringing the bow to bear yet again, Ray sighted his target. When the bladed edges of the bolt lined up with the deer’s ribs, Ray exhaled slowly. The crossbow launched its munition, straight and true. The bolt thunked deep into the buck’s frame, piercing vital organs. The creature took an unstable step and collapsed. Ray let out a whoop of excitement, looking up at Tristan, just as he had his father. “Did y’see, Tristan? I got it!”

Offline Tristan Foxalot

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
*** In the forests ***

"Yes, I saw. Great work, Ray." Tristan smiled down at the little raccoon, surprised that the boy took to the sport with such ease, but perhaps this bodes well for his future, if not for the future of others, "Come, let's take a look at your kill."

Tristan led Ray over to where the deer had fallen, finding that the deer was indeed there, crossbow bolt pointing out of her side with her fur bloodied, finding that she was yet still alive and breathing. "She's a rough one." Tristan said, walking over to stand over her, and then he looked to Ray before drawing a dagger from his belt, offering it to Ray, "You will have to finish the job, to spare her of further suffering."

Once Ray had taken the dagger, Tristan stepped over stand over the deer, crouching down at her head and running a finger down her neck, from just under her chin and running down before stopping at the right spot. "Just here. Her hide will be tough, so be sure to apply enough force, cutting deep and clean to allow her to pass quickly."

"Got all that?" Tristan says, standing back up again, stepping back to allow Ray to do the deed, "Go ahead."
I have shut down my profile. Apologies for any inconvenience, and have a good day. :)

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
*** In the forests ***
suddenly a ghostly spirit of Spyra back in her white wolf form appeared near the  wounded Doe. "You may not want to hunt this one little one, let me  solve my issue here, this Doe is carrying kids.' She explained healing the Doe on the ground  and letting her run off but not before using magic to bring another wounded doe , this one not carrying little ones inside of it. "Hunting is all fine ,but you need to learn to conserve what we have left as well, so limit your hunting to when it is needed and learn when the animal your hunting is  carrying or not." Spyra finsihed before her spirit vanished.

*** Dreamscape ***
Her full attention returned to the Dreamscape, Spyra waited for Vulkest responce, not saying anything

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
*** Dreamscape ***

"I know," Vulkest responded, "It's why I want to get our son away from here - somewhere safe. Then we can turn our attention to matters here."

"We..." Viktor indicated himself, Atauri and Spyra, "... can get him to safety. But we have to find you, first."

"Indeed - I already told you where to find me. But I'll leave a mark - just in case," Vulkest said. "But before you go - a warning: Be careful of that... paladin friend of yours. The one always riding around on a horse. Something feels... off, with him." He then shifted his gaze to Atauri. "And I would have a word with you alone, sorceress. I will not take long."

"As you say, Vulkest," Viktor said with a bow. In a puff of dark violet smoke that seemed to sink into the ground, Viktor left.

Viktor awoke to the camp the group had made the previous night. He got up, stretched, and yawned. "First time I've slept like that in years..." he commented.

Offline XIII

• Furries Savior
  • Boisterous Bear
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Awards
*** Dreamscape ***

After Vulkest's words about Tristan (it was clear to whom the Guardian refers to), Atauri's suspicion toward the black fox has intensified. He wasn't paladin for sure, because all paladins on this land are from the Orden of the First Guardian. And the vulpine doesn't wear the armor those paladins usually have. He was a knight, but Viktor is a knight too. Regardless, the elf now wants to interrogate the tod once she wakes up. The events of the last night, combined with Vulkest's speech, forcing her to do so.

"I'm listening, my lord.". The sorceress said when she and the Guardian left alone. An audience like that was something, that the purple-skinned didn't have in years.

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
Ray brought the dagger's blade close, but as he stared at the newly brought doe, he could not snuff it's life. It wasn't his kill, Dad had taught him the honorable ways of hunting. Ray put the knife down, stood and turned to Tristan. "This...this isn't mine...Dad would be mad if I took it." He picked the dagger up and handed it, hilt first, to the paladin. He glanced back at the wood-line, already planning to hunt another.

Offline Tristan Foxalot

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
*** In the Forests ***

Tristan would stare in both dismay and bewilderment at the conjured avatar of the wolf, staring at the healed doe in sheer disbelief as well as to the doe that now lies at his feet. He just witnessed a miracle. He just witnessed life being created right before his eyes, done as if it were a cheap parlor trick to entertain the dimwitted, something that would be impossible by any ordinary mortal mage. And there was only one way to confirm it.

[Removed] Spyra just used Godlike power to create life. And Tristan could not believe it, but thinking on it, thinking back, thinking on his old master, how the Defiler was able to find him. This was why. Spyra drew the Dark God out and dropped Tristan straight into His sight! Spyra did that to him, and his growing rage started to boil his blood.

"Ray." Tristan growled, turning to the boy without any of the trappings of kindness he displayed before, but yet his wire was assuredly not aimed at the boy, "The woman you are with, the wolf. Spyra. She is not your mother, is she? Who is she? How much do you know about her?"
« Last Edit: December 05, 2019, 01:08:39 AM by Weaver, Reason: Inappropriate Content »