The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Coalition Operations II: Escape from New Colorado  (Read 25272 times)

Offline Bronzeee

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
  • Might as well.
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Felis Cattus
  • Coloring: Light Orange, Bronze, White
  • Height: 6'0"
  • Weight: 130 lbs
  • Build: Ectomorph
  • Currently: I edited my profile~
Re: Coalition Operations II: Escape from New Colorado
« Reply #105 on: February 23, 2019, 06:46:58 AM »
M unlocked his door and entered the hotel room, expressing a sigh of relief. This bizarre day mystifies him. He shook his head as to dismiss the thought forming and spotted at briefcase placed on top of his bed. Must've been where the rest of his clothes are.

He grabbed the case and placed it beside the bed. He'll handle that later. Right now, he'll take a nap. He removed his shoes and decided to clock out.
Be careful now... you might cut yourself with that tounge.

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Battle Alert! Go shields up and weapons hot!
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Tiger
  • Coloring: Inverted fur pattern (black with white stripes)
  • Height: 6'7"
  • Weight: 250 lbs
  • Build: Muscular, but not overly so
  • Currently: Trying to find the drive to continue my original work.
« Reply #106 on: February 23, 2019, 03:27:26 PM »
Mesmerin eventually went to his room, flopped down on the bed, and closed his eyes, wondering what it was the Force was trying to warn him about.

*** Woodland area ***

As day began to turn to night, and the denizens of New Colorado went about their affairs in the evening hours, a lone hunter was heading for the ship that had crashed. Tracking it by the distress beacon, K'Tath found it strange that WY had not yet responded to it. He found that odd and disturbing.

Finally finding the ship, K'Tath entered through a breach on the hull. Looking about, he surveyed the damage. "Cobalt, you seeing this? Looks like a hell of a fight took place here," he commented, wondering if Cobalt could even see what he was seeing through his armor cam. K'Tath finally came across the source of the signal - a computer, still active, with a dead human near it. He had apparently been stabbed with a pointed weapon.

Accessing the computer, K'Tath went through the records and confirmed his fears. "Got it," he told Cobalt, "Looks like we have our work cut out for us - this ship was carrying those damned bugs, plus one hybrid. And I don't think I need to mention what that is." He then went about setting the ship to implode, and then rapidly exiting the ship, following the unique trail the first-stage bugs left when they dashed to the outside. After he was clear, the WY ship lit up a bright blue-white color, and was sucked into what some would term as a mini-singularity, and vanished, as if it never were, while K'Tath climbed a tree and began moving among the branches, tracking the bugs via the unique trail they left behind.

Other sentient races would not know it was there unless they had the tech K'Tath had to track it and they knew what to look for.
"The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural..." --Darth Sidious

"Being a soldier isn't just following orders - it's following those orders while in the service of a higher cause. When that cause is betrayed, we aren't soldiers anymore; just pieces on a chess board, dying for the wrong reasons." --Unknown

A Klingon wears their emotion on his or her sleeve - when they're happy, you'll hear it; sad, you'll see it; angry, you'll fear it.

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • BEHOLD THE POWER OF MY...Rubber sword?
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Folf (Hybrid Fox Wolf)
  • Coloring: Dark Blue, Light Blue
  • Weight: WHA!?!?
  • Build: Slim,fit.
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Still raiding open fridges and freezers.
« Reply #107 on: February 23, 2019, 06:30:55 PM »
Rae had vanished from sight in reality she had activated her personal cloak and snuck away to the spaceport where her personal ship waited, her ship on double lock down, once she got inside and headed to her own room, she prefered sleeping in her own ship over a fancy hotel room anyway...

***Location Unknown***

"I don't think the term bug adequately describes them... were there any of their remains in the ship? she asked "Why did you blow it up?" She asked, not familar with the 'bugs' as K'Tath had called them.  "I finished deciphering the transmission from a couple hours ago, someone very important to someone  else is on planet, and someone has hired a Commander Sora Dazzle to protect her, I have no other info unless you want to see the whole message." Cobalt explained "I"m also picking up an NCC ship signature at the spaceport, just so you know, I highly doubt they're here for the same reason we are ,but I'm certain you know what that likely means if the New Cerinian Fleet gets word of the WY ship or the blasted cargo." 
« Last Edit: February 23, 2019, 08:42:07 PM by Alessia Starfurr »
Uhh..Lord I didn't train to be a pilot. Tell me I don't have any more flying to do today.........................  Amen. ~ 'Dutch' Halo3 ODST.

We all go through peroids of darkness. In such times we can turn to the Lord, but it's good to have friends ~  Joshua Graham , Fallout New Vegas, Honest Hearts.

When people are lost they turn to the man who  acts like he knows the way out,  when the truth is he knows less than them. ~ John McMillan Original War

"Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself" -Unknown.

"I guess irony can be pretty ironic sometimes" ~William Shatter, Airplane II 

Credits: Alesssia pictures by JackThorn/Tomas13

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #108 on: February 24, 2019, 09:35:33 PM »
"Then it's a good thing I destroyed it," K'Tath said. He continued to move among the trees quietly, feeling stealth was of particular importance here.

*** Hours Later ***

When Sheriff Eddie Morales confirmed the truck he found was indeed Buddy Benson's truck, a massive search was organized. What he did not count on was the Gunison citizens moving in to assist. Flashlights in hand, they combed the woods for any sign of Buddy Benson and his son. Even Buddy's wife, Darcy, was out there, shouting their names.

None of them had any idea that K'Tath was literally in their midst, staying perfectly still and cloaked among the branches. While he waited for the search parties to move on, K'Tath cycled through his mask's vision settings and spotted the trail the first-stage bugs left when they moved through the woods. Soon as the search parties were out of earshot, K'Tath moved along the trail, and came upon a grisly scene: Buddy Benson was laying dead on the ground with his son not three feet away, both of whom showed the classic signs of something having broken out of their chests. Definite confirmation.

K'Tath took a vial out of his suit, filled with a corrosive blue liquid, and poured it on both bodies, along with the spider-esque corpses near them. The fluid completely dissolved the bodies, as though they never had been there. He then went back up into the trees and continued tracking the trail. "Talk to be, Cobalt - do the search parties suspect?" K'Tath muttered over the private channel. Of course, he had no reason to think the search parties knew Buddy's body had been there - but it always paid to be sure.

*** Gunison Hotel ***

Mesmerin finally managed to fall asleep, still feeling something was unfolding here on New Colorado.
"The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural..." --Darth Sidious

"Being a soldier isn't just following orders - it's following those orders while in the service of a higher cause. When that cause is betrayed, we aren't soldiers anymore; just pieces on a chess board, dying for the wrong reasons." --Unknown

A Klingon wears their emotion on his or her sleeve - when they're happy, you'll hear it; sad, you'll see it; angry, you'll fear it.

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
  • Chased by the fires of passion
    • Awards
  • Species: Raccoon
  • Coloring: Royal purple, save for two teardrop shaped gray patches on his chin, which runs to his collarbone, and the lower part of his abdomen.
  • Height: Varies
  • Weight: Varies
  • Build: Lanky
  • Currently: Pretty happy.
« Reply #109 on: February 24, 2019, 09:46:07 PM »
Jayce snorted himself awake.
He had stared so long and so enraptured at the water that he had fallen asleep. He stood from his kneeling position and shook the sand from his clothes. He quickly drew his coat on, his head pounding. Perhaps the wreck had done him in a little more than he thought. The trickle of green-flecked blood from his nose reinforced the thought. He wandered back towards town, vision swimming. A concussion, maybe some sort of hemorrhage, though a small one. “Hospital.” Jayce sort of half-barked at passersby. His anxiety was rising quickly, showing no signs of ebbing. 

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #110 on: February 24, 2019, 10:06:25 PM »
Of all the people that had been searching the woods for the now-disintegrated bodies, the undercover WY Operative was the one who stayed searching the longest. He was investigating an area he thought was where some of the creatures had been when he picked up on EM signatures that were of interest. He tracked it to a crimson-furred Lucario, cleaning up yet another corpse. The operative would have stayed quietly observing had his radio not gone off. The Lucario snarled, whipping around and spotting him. The Lucario could not let his presence be known. He immediately cloaked and gave chase to the man. He circled around the operative's path and cut him off, and as he tried to run past, ambushed him, forcing his wrist blades through the man's gut.

"I regret this act, but I cannot let my presence be known - know that I will clean up this infestation your corporation caused, and I will make sure no one else dies from it," K'Tath said. Once the man had quietly passed on, K'Tath set to work staging a scene to throw off anyone that came looking, then continued tracking the trail left by the creatures.

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #111 on: February 24, 2019, 10:11:29 PM »
"No ,but i have worse news, i downloaded the manifest from the WY ship before you destroyed it, cargo manifest list a hybrid , as you know and about 10 or so 'facehuggers' "I dunno what they were planning ,but i would imagine they have more than what was on that ship. On a side note I've identified our NCC agent, and at present it doesn't look good." Cobalt explained.

***Spaceport, Rae's ship***

Rae shot up awakening from a nightmare...."Dammit thoughts." She grumbled to herself, deciding to get out of bed.
Uhh..Lord I didn't train to be a pilot. Tell me I don't have any more flying to do today.........................  Amen. ~ 'Dutch' Halo3 ODST.

We all go through peroids of darkness. In such times we can turn to the Lord, but it's good to have friends ~  Joshua Graham , Fallout New Vegas, Honest Hearts.

When people are lost they turn to the man who  acts like he knows the way out,  when the truth is he knows less than them. ~ John McMillan Original War

"Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself" -Unknown.

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #112 on: February 25, 2019, 04:10:53 PM »
"Why? Who is it?" K'Tath asked as he continued tracking the trail the facehuggers left when they moved through the area.

*** Gunison Sewer ***

Several people were in the sewers looking to set up shop when they heard eerie, echoing screeches coming from deeper within. It wasn't an ideal setup, but they were away from prying eyes, and that's all they could have hoped for. But that was soon to change.

Their guard dog started barking incessantly, despite the owners demanding he stop. Then for one reason or another, the dog scampered off. One of the people was about to go after the dog when he hard something splash in the water, and could swore he saw--

He never saw it coming when a facehugger leapt from the water onto his face. Another of them took the other man by surprise. Xenomorphs began moving into the area, accompanied by a hulking hybrid, which impregnated those that the facehuggers did not get.

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #113 on: February 25, 2019, 06:31:20 PM »
"Why? Who is it?" K'Tath asked as he continued tracking the trail the facehuggers left when they moved through the area.

*** Gunison Sewer ***

Several people were in the sewers looking to set up shop when they heard eerie, echoing screeches coming from deeper within. It wasn't an ideal setup, but they were away from prying eyes, and that's all they could have hoped for. But that was soon to change.

Their guard dog started barking incessantly, despite the owners demanding he stop. Then for one reason or another, the dog scampered off. One of the people was about to go after the dog when he hard something splash in the water, and could swore he saw--

He never saw it coming when a facehugger leapt from the water onto his face. Another of them took the other man by surprise. Xenomorphs began moving into the area, accompanied by a hulking hybrid, which impregnated those that the facehuggers did not get.
"Rae Arcnon, from what i've gathered on other things Arcnon is the name of the Royal family on Tigaria, so we have two potential VIPs who if are lost to this infestation could cause...well no less than Chaos.

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #114 on: February 25, 2019, 06:54:14 PM »
"Great - even more reason to contain this infestation," K'Tath growled. "Anyone else I should be aware of?"

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #115 on: February 25, 2019, 07:21:02 PM »
"Great - even more reason to contain this infestation," K'Tath growled. "Anyone else I should be aware of?"
"No, Nothing on anyone else on the planet, of imprtance or at least that I can find a profile on." Cobalt replied

*Spaceport*

Rae by now walked out of her small armory on her ship, checking her weapons out, she felt something was going down and she wanted to be prepared... Placing her BR-95 rifle onto the back 'holster' of her armor she attached some sort of pistol to the magnetic hip holster, before putting on her silver visored helmet, suit sealing as the locks engaged on her helmet and suit seal....

Offline Mikala

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
  • Species: Panther Hybrid
  • Coloring: Black/Purple
  • Height: 5ft.
  • Weight: 100
  • Build: Lean, predatory, a huntress
« Reply #116 on: February 26, 2019, 03:49:28 AM »
Emilá rolled her eyes. "Commander Dazzel, is that any way to behave on duty?" She tuts softly as she started walking towards the downtown district. "A little bit of nightlife will do us well once we've gotten some shopping in." Emilá decides to take out her frustration with the circumstances with shopping, and they spend hours. At the end of the shopping trip, Sora has 10 new outfits and it might feel like she's tried on every piece of clothes her size in New Colorado. Emilá steps out of the final clothes store, followed by some poor valet who has been brought on to carry all of their shopping. "Well! Now you're prepared for anything, Commander!" She smiled at Sora.

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Old Wolf of the Sprites.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
  • Currently: Exhausted
« Reply #117 on: February 26, 2019, 06:23:01 AM »
Sora was about to give Emilá a piece of her mind, but the wolf restrained herself as they were shopping, being mostly-silent other than saying only what was needed to speed-up the process. While she was strong enough to carry both her bags, the extra walking with the two bags was starting to tire her out and she was starting to feel sorry for the poor guy that was being made to follow them for the extra clothes. Thankfully, she knew her own size rather well, so that sped up the shopping quite a fair bit by taking the guesswork out of the sizes. Once the shopping was said and done, she looks back to Emilá. "Are we going to head back to get some rest? It's late and I'm surprised this place has shops that are open day and night."

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #118 on: February 26, 2019, 06:53:06 AM »
Sora was about to give Emilá a piece of her mind, but the wolf restrained herself as they were shopping, being mostly-silent other than saying only what was needed to speed-up the process. While she was strong enough to carry both her bags, the extra walking with the two bags was starting to tire her out and she was starting to feel sorry for the poor guy that was being made to follow them for the extra clothes. Thankfully, she knew her own size rather well, so that sped up the shopping quite a fair bit by taking the guesswork out of the sizes. Once the shopping was said and done, she looks back to Emilá. "Are we going to head back to get some rest? It's late and I'm surprised this place has shops that are open day and night."
"Considering how people can come from any planet with who knows what type of daily cycles, I'm not surprised." Said Rae who seemingly appeared out of nowhere near  Sora. "Need a hand?" the armored vixen asked.

Offline Mikala

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
  • Species: Panther Hybrid
  • Coloring: Black/Purple
  • Height: 5ft.
  • Weight: 100
  • Build: Lean, predatory, a huntress
« Reply #119 on: February 26, 2019, 07:15:43 AM »
"Ah, nice to see you Rae." Emilá said sourly. "My new lady in waiting and are were just about to hit the clubs, actually. Care to join us?" Turning to Sora, she felt a small twinge of regret that she's taking out her frustrations on a (mostly) innocent bystander, she shrugs. "I mean, you're welcome to let me go party all by my lonesome, I don't know your contract." She shrugged with an innocent smile.