The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Professional monster hunters for hire! [Fun and story rich!] [Alternate world]  (Read 7416 times)

Offline Shadowka

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
  • Shakad Shadowka, profesional monster hunter!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Dragonian
  • Coloring: Dark concrete grey and crimson red
  • Height: 2m / 6.5 Ft
  • Weight: 70 Kilos/ 154 pounds
  • Build: Slender but fit
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Depressed
[I'd prefer to run this on a Discord, Telegram or skype chat!]

Ah, good to see ya, I'm Shakad, son of Shaj, grandson of Shade Shadowka!

So, let me guess... You have an issue related to the supernatural or the downright strange, and you need some help solving that situation?
Or are you perhaps looking to get into the trade of silver slinging yourself?

Well, you are in the right place!... Or well, talking to the right fellow that is. Monster hunting has been a Shadowka family tradition ever since my great great great grandfather noticed he didn't catch the bone fever when he got bit by a ghoul!... Uhh, well he found out we are more resistant to supernatural afflictions, since that would and should have killed him otherwise.
Figuring this might be because of our blood, not the copious amounts of alcohol we Dragonians are known to consume I swear, He melted down his silver buttons and loaded them into his Colt 1860 navy, before clearing out the entire graveyard. Ever since he was obsessed with the supernatural and became quite the expert at solving situations that required some more ''creative'' thinking. It soon became his profession and he made quite a living, but he knew it could not last forever. He eventually passed his knowledge down to his son and so on and so on.
I've been doing this sorta stuff for half my life, and I'm pretty confident to say that I at least sorta know what I'm doing... No, I'm serious, I ''do'' know what I'm doing trust me.

I've dealt with Ghouls, Undead, Werewolves, Vampires, Ghosts, Hellhounds, Shapeshifters, Skinwalkers, Wendigo's, Witches, Curses and a lot more!... That and Assholes who Litter...Pricks

Now, don't be thinking that we silver slingers, which is slang for monster hunters, are just a bunch of gung-ho roughnecks with shiny shooters, no Sir/Mam!
Although we can never fully escape having to lay some lead and silver into the things that go bump in the night, most situations are solved with a silver tongue instead.
Most critters of the night are people like you and me, and are more than willing to come to terms if you can be persuasive enough. Violence is an option but not always a must!

Oh the stories I could tell you about when I met Minerva and we.... Oh, well I am getting off track, sorry about that.

Now, if you are in need of any help, or are looking to get into the trade, don't be afraid to swing by!

Shakad Shadowka

-The address is scribbled down underneath the notice in the form of a hand drawn map, pointing to the small town of Grey mountain-
___________________________________________________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________

[To help you get a feel for the type of story and the world I have prepared a description of the location you can find me in. The reasons and means by which you visit are for you to decide.
You are not obligated to follow this pre-written entrance, but I figured it would help you get a feel for the story! ]

___________________________________________________________________________________________________ ____________________________________________________

You find yourself in front of an old wooden, three story ranch style home in the outskirts of a small village named ''Grey mountain''. The house was situated at the end of a long dirt road that lead a fair bit into the woods. The building had obviously been around for a while and the redwood walls had been bleached by the sun in certain spots, but was otherwise well maintained. The hot Southern sun and the humid Bayou air had taken their toll on most of the older buildings in this area, and it was rare to see such a place in a good state of repair.
Through the windows you could see the lights were on and smoke rose up through the chimney, curling around the tree branches as the subtle breeze carried it up towards the clouds.

Walking up to the door you'd pass another American relic. A Matte black old style Ford mustang with a set of reinforced doors and hood. It was caked in a layer of dust and mud and proudly sat on top of a set of large off road tires.

After climbing up the short stairway you'd be facing the front door. Above it sat a sign made out one of an oak board, reading the following:
'' Shadowka homestead and bar, monster hunting services. ''

There was no doorbell, instead you'd spot a knocker fabricated out of a horseshoe. This whole place gave off an old school vibe, yet had a strange welcoming look to it. If not for the car outside one might mistakenly believe they had traveled back in time to a place where electricity was not a common commodity.

After knocking you'd find the door to be unlocked and a voice called out from behind it

" Come'on in, I'll be with you in a second!''

The voice was that of a man in his mid forties, and had a slight Southern accent to it.
Following his instructions you enter into the home, Being greeted by the faint smell of charcoal and freshly cut firewood. The hallway was decorated with the skull of a deer that hung above the doorway and shelves of decorative bottles, glasses and books. Continuing through the hallway and following the source of the voice, you'd enter a much larger room that looked to be the bar or saloon type of area. It was partnered with a kitchen that split it in half with a bar top counter, and everything was styled in the same old school theme. The home was heated by a large stone fireplace that was situated in the middle of the living room and had a ring of furniture around it. The walls were covered in pelts, old deactivated guns used as wall hangers and other general clutter you'd expect.

Before you had any more time to look around you could hear someone open a can of something and place it down on the counter. Behind it Stood a tall but slender figure, clad in a red checkered shirt and dirt stained khaki cargo pants. The tall Dragonian swiped one of his bangs out of his face before he beckoned you to come closer with a smile.

'' Ah, don't be shy I don't bite... What can I do for ya stranger, need a drink?

He gestured to the old red fridge and stocked liquor cabinet behind him.
Shakad was a tall, grey skinned Dragonian with long blood red hair and a well kept beard. Dragonians were the more humanoid relatives of dragons, and were basically two legged wingless humanoid lizards who were in many ways anatomically identical to humans, except for their faces, ears,horns, a tail and a few other minor things. He had lighter red markings on his face that made it look like he was wearing warpaint around his eyes and on the bridge of his nose.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________ ____________________________________________________
« Last Edit: April 24, 2018, 01:02:30 AM by Shadowka »

Offline Fur Maestro

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
*knock* *knock*

The wolf pauses for awhile.

"I'm comin in." He said with a deep voice.

The wolf opens the door and proceeds inside the room.

He was Erik, hes was a tall grey wolf wearing a ushanka covering the area of his eyes. He has wide shoulders and wears a thick leather jacket and a dark blue jeans. He has two black marks on his lower face resembling a like a tusk.

Erik walks ahead to the counter.

Sent from my SM-T110 using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: April 22, 2018, 08:09:12 PM by Fur Maestro »

Offline Shadowka

• Vibrating Furby
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
*Shakad rose his hand, greeting the visitor with the same kind smile he was known to show to strangers*

'' Howdy there fellow, what can I do for you today?''

*He lifted his beer from the counter and took a sip*

'' Could I offer you something to drink?''

Offline Fur Maestro

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
"I would like to have a am drink, but I always get too carried away so... no."

Looks around the room then proceeds to get near Shakad.

"So... you're a monster hunter too?" He said as he slightly raising his chin.

Offline Shadowka

• Vibrating Furby
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
''As you wish, I can respect that!''

* The Dragonian stepped from behind the counter and nodded*

''That I am friend, you in the business too I take it?''

Offline Fur Maestro

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
"Yes, I am."

Gets closer to the counter.

"Do you accept request? Yes?" He said as he grin.

The expression hes showing is not clear due to his hat covering his eyes.
He only appears to be grinning normally.

Offline Shadowka

• Vibrating Furby
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
*He blinked and tilted his head, slightly confused*

'' Uhhh, I am not really sure I understand what you are asking there friend...'

Offline Fur Maestro

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
"Well, you see... I am a monster hunter like you, right? But my specialty is all about lethal poisons or toxins, stealth hunts and capturing monsters. But you see here, my friend. What im hunting is something different... that all my specialties are useless against IT. So... if I can't take it down... I'll just get someone else do it for me."

Sits down on a nearby chair.

"Is that clear enough for you?"

Offline Shadowka

• Vibrating Furby
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
*He shrugged and scratched his neck*

'' Well, if you put it like that it does... I don't see why we can't figure something out''

*He extended his hand to him and regained his smile*

''So, if we are going to do this we might as well know each other by name. You know mine, may I know yours?

Offline Fur Maestro

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
He grabs Shakad's hands and began to shake it.

"Just call me Erik..." he said as he smirked

"... by the way... I think I've seen you before somewhere."

Offline Shadowka

• Vibrating Furby
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
*He gave a firm nod as he shook his hand*

'' Nice to meet you Erik... And you have? ''

*He frowned and lowered his hands, shaking his head*

'' I am sorry friend, I can't recall ever seeing you before... But that might just be me getting old''

Offline Fur Maestro

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
"Were you at the Grand Winter Hunting Festival?  I swear I've seen you. I can tell due to your red hair. You were one of the competitors. "

Erik just looks at you with a black look. You cant make out his expression due to his hat.

Offline Shadowka

• Vibrating Furby
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
*He shook his head*
'' I can't remember any festivals... But then again, It sounds like something I might visit.''
*He finished his drink and got up to grab another one*
'' Ya sure you don't want anything to drink? I've got sodas too if you'd prefer''

Offline Fur Maestro

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
"No no. Im ok."

He rubs the back of his head.

" Back to the topic in hand... how about exterminating ghouls? Does that sound ok to you?"

Offline Shadowka

• Vibrating Furby
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
'' Well, that shouldn't be a problem''
*He replied, sitting back down across from Erik*
'' Nothing some silver slugs can't fix. if push comes to shove... But what is the situation?