The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Professional monster hunters for hire! [Fun and story rich!] [Alternate world]  (Read 7420 times)

Offline Shadowka

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
  • Shakad Shadowka, profesional monster hunter!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Dragonian
  • Coloring: Dark concrete grey and crimson red
  • Height: 2m / 6.5 Ft
  • Weight: 70 Kilos/ 154 pounds
  • Build: Slender but fit
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Depressed
'' It seems so, we have to find the source of the disturbances though if we hope to stop them''

He replied, trying to find any trace of the monsters described.

Offline Wilco Whiteheart

• Boisterous Bear
  • Don't mess with me or YOU'LL be messed up
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Height: 11'7"
  • Weight: [SCANNER BROKEN]
  • Build: Solid and muscly
  • Currently: [RUNNING SYSTEM DIAGNOSTICS...] STATUS: ONLINE | TARGET: RIOT
A couple of said monsters ran past, obviously scared from the looks of it. They ran back towards the cave.

Offline Pyrus

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'01
  • Weight: 265
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: Meh
A couple of said monsters ran past, obviously scared from the looks of it. They ran back towards the cave.
[Pyrus waits by the mouth of the cave after seeing a few creatures run frantically in. He places his pack on the ground outside and pulls two smaller satchles from it and places them next to his pack]

"Perfect place for a den"

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Offline Hunter568

• Boisterous Bear
  • Red Wolf
    • Awards
  • Species: Red Wolf
  • Height: 6'3''
  • Build: Tall and broad-shouldered
As Pyrus watches the cave mouth, he sees a figure suddenly spring forth from within.

A tall red wolf, clad in a long black trench coat, bounds out of the cave in a mighty hurry. He carries an oversized greataxe which crackles with unnatural, fiery blue energy. His back has a massive, smoking wound that tears through his coat, and he looks rather beat up.

As he exits the cave he turns and swings his greataxe with as much strength as he can muster, slicing at a misshapen monster that was right on his heels and sending it squealing back into the cave. He then continues his mad dash, oblivious to Pyrus's presence in his hurry.
Predators vs. Prey double victory 1/7/18 - achieved with NovaKamikazi

Offline Shadowka

• Vibrating Furby
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
Shakad frowned, unsure where all of these monsters had originated from. He took a deep breath and pulled back the hammer on his silver revolver

'' Oh my...''

[Sorry for the slow replies, have been extremely busy, pardon me!]

Offline Pyrus

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
As Pyrus watches the cave mouth, he sees a figure suddenly spring forth from within.

A tall red wolf, clad in a long black trench coat, bounds out of the cave in a mighty hurry. He carries an oversized greataxe which crackles with unnatural, fiery blue energy. His back has a massive, smoking wound that tears through his coat, and he looks rather beat up.

As he exits the cave he turns and swings his greataxe with as much strength as he can muster, slicing at a misshapen monster that was right on his heels and sending it squealing back into the cave. He then continues his mad dash, oblivious to Pyrus's presence in his hurry.
[Pyrus for a moment had his pistol aimed at the back of hunter' s skull then notices the tussle removing the sights from the intended target]

"My my, the night keeps getting more interesting..."

[Pyrus says muffled threw his mask, then picking a grenade from his best pulling the pin and tossing it into the mouth of the cave then stepping to the side to avoid the blast]

Offline Hunter568

• Boisterous Bear
  • Red Wolf
    • Awards
The red wolf running from the mouth of the cave is unexpectedly knocked prone when the force of the grenade's explosion ripples through the air. He quickly struggles back to his feet, looking around wildly for what caused the blast. He notices Pyrus crouched near the cave entrance.

"Hey! What are you doing here?" he calls out. "Listen, there's some powerful arcane forces in that cave. You shouldn't hang around here!"

Offline Pyrus

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
The red wolf running from the mouth of the cave is unexpectedly knocked prone when the force of the grenade's explosion ripples through the air. He quickly struggles back to his feet, looking around wildly for what caused the blast. He notices Pyrus crouched near the cave entrance.

"Hey! What are you doing here?" he calls out. "Listen, there's some powerful arcane forces in that cave. You shouldn't hang around here!"
"Then this is exactly where I want to be."
[He checks his mask and takes what a pear to be smoke grenades and pulls the pins whilst walking into the mouth of the cave.
The sent of garlic, wolves bane, silver nitrate, and save start to fill the air as smoke starts to billow out of the mouth of the cave]

Offline Hunter568

• Boisterous Bear
  • Red Wolf
    • Awards
"H-hey wait! Hold on!" the wolf says, staggering after Pyrus, back toward the cave. "I'm telling you, this place is a death trap! I barely got out alive," he says as he catches up to the strange, masked wolf.

He looks Pyrus over. "I can see you're a hunter, but even so you should be careful of this place. I tried taking that maniac on alone, and THIS is what I have to show for it," he says, jerking his thumb to indicate the gash torn into the back of his jacket. "You'll need some backup if you're going in."

Offline Pyrus

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
"H-hey wait! Hold on!" the wolf says, staggering after Pyrus, back toward the cave. "I'm telling you, this place is a death trap! I barely got out alive," he says as he catches up to the strange, masked wolf.

He looks Pyrus over. "I can see you're a hunter, but even so you should be careful of this place. I tried taking that maniac on alone, and THIS is what I have to show for it," he says, jerking his thumb to indicate the gash torn into the back of his jacket. "You'll need some backup if you're going in."
"Come if you wish, but don't slow me down"

[He holds the grenades billowing smoke]

Offline Hunter568

• Boisterous Bear
  • Red Wolf
    • Awards
The red wolf glares at the suggestion of his inferiority, but just continues to walk with Pyrus, eyeing the grenades in his paws. "What are in those, exactly?" he asks.

Offline Pyrus

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
"A monster hunting catch all, silver for undead, wolves, vamps, ect. Don't breath it for it contains metal vapor and that can kill us too"
The red wolf glares at the suggestion of his inferiority, but just continues to walk with Pyrus, eyeing the grenades in his paws. "What are in those, exactly?" he asks.

Offline Shadowka

• Vibrating Furby
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
Shakad walked up to the one who they had just seen making his way out of the cave and placed his hand on his shoulder.

'' I am very sorry to halt you from heading back into the meat grinder, but might I ask you a few questions before we all proceed? It may be wiser to stick together, especially since we don't know what we are dealing with here.''

The middle aged dragonian let go of his shoulder, extending his hand after sliding his revolver back into the holster on his hip.

''I'm Shakad by the way, nice to meet another hunter''

Offline Hunter568

• Boisterous Bear
  • Red Wolf
    • Awards
The red wolf slings his axe back over his shoulder, causing the blue fire that coursed along its length to die out, and shakes Shakad's offered hand. "Pleasure to meet you. My name's Hunter, fittingly enough," he says with a grin. "I'll be happy to answer your questions, and none too sorry about putting off my entry into that hellhole again."

Offline Wilco Whiteheart

• Boisterous Bear
  • Don't mess with me or YOU'LL be messed up
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Height: 11'7"
  • Weight: [SCANNER BROKEN]
  • Build: Solid and muscly
  • Currently: [RUNNING SYSTEM DIAGNOSTICS...] STATUS: ONLINE | TARGET: RIOT
Wilco hangs back, feeling useless. He decided to help the others of his village and check the barrier and keep it running.