The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Professional monster hunters for hire! [Fun and story rich!] [Alternate world]  (Read 7419 times)

Offline Shadowka

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
  • Shakad Shadowka, profesional monster hunter!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Dragonian
  • Coloring: Dark concrete grey and crimson red
  • Height: 2m / 6.5 Ft
  • Weight: 70 Kilos/ 154 pounds
  • Build: Slender but fit
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Depressed
He took the magazine and nodded, taking out one of the rounds and looking them over.

'' Now that sure is interesting. Thank you, I am sure I can make good use of this somehow. I have an old 1911 here somewhere but I much prefer this puppy.''

He placed the magazine on the counter and reached down into one of the drawers to pull out a large revolver, placing it next to the magazine. The large silver .44 long colt chambered Colt 1860 army conversion looked to be an original, and had a color case hardened frame, long barrel and an engraved red wood grip.

'' I have a pair of Browning hi-powers as a backup, but this was good enough for my great great grandfather, so it is good enough for me.''

Offline Wilco Whiteheart

• Boisterous Bear
  • Don't mess with me or YOU'LL be messed up
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Height: 11'7"
  • Weight: [SCANNER BROKEN]
  • Build: Solid and muscly
  • Currently: [RUNNING SYSTEM DIAGNOSTICS...] STATUS: ONLINE | TARGET: RIOT
Wilco nods. "Ghouls, werewolves, vampires, skeletons, etc. I think the cause was the cave nearby..." He sighs and turns around. "I've been to the hunting festival a few times... Seen both of you there..."

Offline Pyrus

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'01
  • Weight: 265
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: Meh
He took the magazine and nodded, taking out one of the rounds and looking them over.

'' Now that sure is interesting. Thank you, I am sure I can make good use of this somehow. I have an old 1911 here somewhere but I much prefer this puppy.''

He placed the magazine on the counter and reached down into one of the drawers to pull out a large revolver, placing it next to the magazine. The large silver .44 long colt chambered Colt 1860 army conversion looked to be an original, and had a color case hardened frame, long barrel and an engraved red wood grip.

'' I have a pair of Browning hi-powers as a backup, but this was good enough for my great great grandfather, so it is good enough for me.''
[Pyrus chickles]
"Want to see my first?"

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Offline Shadowka

• Vibrating Furby
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
The dragonian frowned and moved his hair out of his face as he pondered over what Wilco had just said.

'' That is quite a mix of creatures... And they are all coming from a single place, working together?''

This was quite the oddity, as most supernatural monsters did not play nice with each other. He took his revolver and placed it back in the drawer, tapping his fingernails on the counter top.

''And sure, but try and keep it from staining the carpet... Don't want to upset the wife''

He said with a chuckle, obviously messing about.

Offline Pyrus

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
The dragonian frowned and moved his hair out of his face as he pondered over what Wilco had just said.

'' That is quite a mix of creatures... And they are all coming from a single place, working together?''

This was quite the oddity, as most supernatural monsters did not play nice with each other. He took his revolver and placed it back in the drawer, tapping his fingernails on the counter top.

''And sure, but try and keep it from staining the carpet... Don't want to upset the wife''

He said with a chuckle, obviously messing about.
[Pyrus stays quiet and pulls out a very old looking English admirals wheel lock pistol, very ornate with tooled brass. The tooling depicts a potion vial, a plague doctor treating sick men, along side the stamp of King Edward III King of England, Lord of Ireland. ]

Offline Wilco Whiteheart

• Boisterous Bear
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Awards
Wilco nods. "I saw them myself..." He pulls out a Flintlock pistol, a name written on the side. It reads 'Blackbeard'. He smiles and stores it away.

Offline Shadowka

• Vibrating Furby
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
He chuckled and shook his head.

'' Seems like we hunters prefer going old school huh?''

He leaned on the countertop and sat down on the stool behind it.

'' How about this fellas... Out of the two cases we have before us his seems to be the most urgent.''

He gestured to Wilco and placed another can of beer in front of him, trying to cheer him up a bit.

'' I suspect that we might be dealing with a sorcerer or black magic user who has decided to terrorize the place by creating random monsters to scare out the inhabitants. I could be wrong on this, and it could indeed be a very odd collaboration of a bunch of usually hostile and mindless monsters, but I highly doubt it.''

He took a few seconds to think over his plan.

'' Now, my expertise lies in dispatching of feral monsters and persuading more self aware critters to come to peaceful terms. I have dealt with curses and magic wielder before, but I can't honestly claim I am wholly confident in my abilities to deal with such a fiend on my own. ''

Gesturing over to the impressively clad white wolf, he spoke again.

''Pyrus, I have the feeling you might have a lot more knowledge about the Arcane than any of us. And if the offer for your services is still on the table I would like to invite you to join us, as I fear we might be putting ourselves through a lot of trouble otherwise. I'd also like to know if your friend Erik will come along, he seems like a very capable fellow and you can never have to many hands on deck in our field''

He turned back to address them both.

What do you two think, sound good?
If you are in need of weapon maintenance or specialized ammunition I can supply you with that. I've worked on a lot of blades and shooters in my day, and I can get them back in shape in no time. I've also got spare rooms and decent meals to offer.... That and a cabinet full of strong drink, I am a Dragonian afterall.

He chuckled at the last part, Dragonians being very well known for their love of strong brew.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2018, 12:56:09 AM by Shadowka »

Offline Wilco Whiteheart

• Boisterous Bear
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Awards
Wilco takes the beer and sips it, chuckling. "I like going old school, though recent times have called for more modern measures, including my spells." He sighs and leans against the wall.

Offline Pyrus

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
He chuckled and shook his head.

'' Seems like we hunters prefer going old school huh?''

He leaned on the countertop and sat down on the stool behind it.

'' How about this fellas... Out of the two cases we have before us his seems to be the most urgent.''

He gestured to Wilco and placed another can of beer in front of him, trying to cheer him up a bit.

'' I suspect that we might be dealing with a sorcerer or black magic user who has decided to terrorize the place by creating random monsters to scare out the inhabitants. I could be wrong on this, and it could indeed be a very odd collaboration of a bunch of usually hostile and mindless monsters, but I highly doubt it.''

He took a few seconds to think over his plan.

'' Now, my expertise lies in dispatching of feral monsters and persuading more self aware critters to come to peaceful terms. I have dealt with curses and magic wielder before, but I can't honestly claim I am wholly confident in my abilities to deal with such a fiend on my own. ''

Gesturing over to the impressively clad white wolf, he spoke again.

''Pyrus, I have the feeling you might have a lot more knowledge about the Arcane than any of us. And if the offer for your services is still on the table I would like to invite you to join us, as I fear we might be putting ourselves through a lot of trouble otherwise. I'd also like to know if your friend Erik will come along, he seems like a very capable fellow and you can never have to many hands on deck in our field''

He turned back to address them both.

What do you two think, sound good?
If you are in need of weapon maintenance or specialized ammunition I can supply you with that. I've worked on a lot of blades and shooters in my day, and I can get them back in shape in no time. I've also got spare rooms and decent meals to offer.... That and a cabinet full of strong drink, I am a Dragonian afterall.

He chuckled at the last part, Dragonians being very well known for their love of strong brew.

"I know how to kill almost anything.. show me the armory"

Offline Shadowka

• Vibrating Furby
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
Shakad frowned and scratched his neck.

''Well, I have a few pieces in storage, but I doubt you can call it a well equiped armory. mostly just basic gear''

He guided whoever would follow through another door that he opened with a brass key, this one leading to the basement. It was devided in two areas which both served their own purpose. On the left was the general storage for food, drink and other personal supplies Shakad had. The right side was the armory, protected behind steel bars and a large cell door.

He unlocked the heavy metal door and pushed it open with a soft squeek. It wasn't a big armory, and had a few long guns mounted in metal racks on the walls and some heavy wooden and glass gun cabinets. Most of the ammunition was hand made and placed in little wooden cigar boxes. Most of the rifles were modified surpluss stock or commercially available weapons that had been converted to fire silver rounds or other such munitions. Old Swiss Veterli carbines, Remington rolling blocks, Mosin Nagant rifles, Double barrel and pumpaction shotguns both sawn off and in their long configurations, Lever action rifles, revolvers and early semi automatic pistols were most of what was available.

''This is it, all of them work and the ammunition is stored in the bottom of the cabinets. The large crates in the back have the specialty equipment we won't have to worry about right now. I can lend you a piece or so, but I do have to charge a fee for ammo or if you want to hang on to one, they do cost a fair bit to make.''

Sent from my LG-K120 using Tapatalk

Offline Pyrus

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
Shakad frowned and scratched his neck.

''Well, I have a few pieces in storage, but I doubt you can call it a well equiped armory. mostly just basic gear''

He guided whoever would follow through another door that he opened with a brass key, this one leading to the basement. It was devided in two areas which both served their own purpose. On the left was the general storage for food, drink and other personal supplies Shakad had. The right side was the armory, protected behind steel bars and a large cell door.

He unlocked the heavy metal door and pushed it open with a soft squeek. It wasn't a big armory, and had a few long guns mounted in metal racks on the walls and some heavy wooden and glass gun cabinets. Most of the ammunition was hand made and placed in little wooden cigar boxes. Most of the rifles were modified surpluss stock or commercially available weapons that had been converted to fire silver rounds or other such munitions. Old Swiss Veterli carbines, Remington rolling blocks, Mosin Nagant rifles, Double barrel and pumpaction shotguns both sawn off and in their long configurations, Lever action rifles, revolvers and early semi automatic pistols were most of what was available.

''This is it, all of them work and the ammunition is stored in the bottom of the cabinets. The large crates in the back have the specialty equipment we won't have to worry about right now. I can lend you a piece or so, but I do have to charge a fee for ammo or if you want to hang on to one, they do cost a fair bit to make.''

[Pyrus grins]
" I'll borrow the 9130 ex dragon and one 7.62x54r steel cored... And don't try to pull 'It's expensive' that rifle is only 138$"
[Pyrus chuckles]

Offline Wilco Whiteheart

• Boisterous Bear
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Awards
Wilco chuckles and looks around. "I do have a few modern weapons, if you want them as well."

Offline Pyrus

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
Wilco chuckles and looks around. "I do have a few modern weapons, if you want them as well."
"Thank you, but no thanks, I only need one shell"

Offline Shadowka

• Vibrating Furby
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
He shrugged and picked up one of the scoped mosin's, loading it from one of the boxes of Russian surplus steel core ammunition before handing it to Pyrus

"There ya go friend, how is that? "

He turned to Wilco and smiled.

" Do you need anything?"

Offline Wilco Whiteheart

• Boisterous Bear
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Awards
Wilco nods. "Just some ammo. I got my own weapons." He looks at his watch and his eyes widen. "Oh dear... We need to hurry. The seal will wear off soon..." He looks worried.